PDA

View Full Version : Cock fans complaining about the refs

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2018, 11:53 PM
You just can?t make this up.

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/wbb-at-msu.259870/

My apologies for those thinking this was a thread about Yancy or Shep.

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 12:13 AM
I thought their PG got a couple of cheap ones called on her. There may have been a couple of more on others too. On the flip side TM got a couple of bs calls like the traveling, and a cheap foul.

While Wilson is best player on court, she didn't pick up her 1st foul till 4th qtr. I think I saw her foul a couple of time before that.

Overall I thought refs tried to call it square. Hoops is most difficult of sports to call.

Lord McBuckethead
02-06-2018, 12:22 AM
Aja had only one foul. Shit on one play she jump over Blair's back, pushed he out of the way for a second foul, and then the refs called her out of bounds because they couldn't cover up the fact that she landed on her ass out of bounds. If they could have they would have let her walk back in and dunk it.

McC tried her best earlier in the game to not pick up needless fouls, which looked like she wasn't engaged in the game. The fourth quarter, McC started turning it up because she only had 1-2 fouls with 8 minutes left. What amazed me is that we finally held them without going to zone defense. I was certain Vic was saving the zone for this game. Maybe he will use it in the SEC tourney. Depends if SCar makes it to us in the bracket though.

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 12:24 AM
Aja had only one foul. Shit on one play she jump over Blair's back, pushed he out of the way for a second foul, and then the refs called her out of bounds because they couldn't cover up the fact that she landed on her ass out of bounds. If they could have they would have let her walk back in and dunk it.

McC tried her best earlier in the game to not pick up needless fouls, which looked like she wasn't engaged in the game. The fourth quarter, McC started turning it up because she only had 1-2 fouls with 8 minutes left. What amazed me is that we finally held them without going to zone defense. I was certain Vic was saving the zone for this game. Maybe he will use it in the SEC tourney. Depends if SCar makes it to us in the bracket though.

Those were the 2 that stuck out to me too. She gets away with a some stuff down low, but she's also adept at covering up what she's doing down there.

mstatefan91
02-06-2018, 01:06 AM
From that thread:

JandDSC

Wilson gets the hell fouled out of her by the AMAZON and nothing - come on man, you gotta call that foul

Yeah, go fukk yourself.. seriously, go absolutely 17 yourself, asshole

Todd4State
02-06-2018, 01:14 AM
A team with A'Ja Wilson on it complaining about the refs? LOL.

What's next? Alabama fans complaining about holding calls?

mstatefan91
02-06-2018, 01:17 AM

They do it regularly both ways so...

BiscuitEater
02-06-2018, 05:08 AM
No doubt .. WBB is horribly officiated in general. Wilson is/was able to foul 'at will.' Agree, USCe PG did get a couple of cheap ones BUT so did ALL of MSU team. Blair got a cheap one when USCe player ran into her back!

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 07:31 AM

And facemasks ... and personal fouls, whether targeting (Watson) or shoving QBs head (Fromm) after he's tackled ... and false starts on 4th and 4 TD conversions ... and PIs (whether riding WRs out of bounds while ball in air, or just pulling their arms down when they try to extend to catch a pass) ... and, I'm sure I'm missing 1 or 2 more somewhere.

shoeless joe
02-06-2018, 07:35 AM
I actually thought we saw the refs give us the "better team benefit" last nite. Yes there were a couple questionable calls both ways but I remember thinking that it was nice to not be getting completely jobbed while at the same time catching a break or two. That said McCowan had a few awful calls go against her.

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2018, 07:37 AM
And facemasks ... and personal fouls, whether targeting (Watson) or shoving QBs head (Fromm) after he's tackled ... and false starts on 4th and 4 TD conversions ... and PIs (whether riding WRs out of bounds while ball in air, or just pulling their arms down when they try to extend to catch a pass) ... and, I'm sure I'm missing 1 or 2 more somewhere.

Running out of bounds for about 10 yards only to come back in a catch crucial passes.

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2018, 07:38 AM
No doubt .. WBB is horribly officiated in general. Wilson is/was able to foul 'at will.' Agree, USCe PG did get a couple of cheap ones BUT so did ALL of MSU team. Blair got a cheap one when USCe player ran into her back!

That pg also dropped her shoulder about 3 times plowing into people and was never called for it.

Abraham52
02-06-2018, 07:42 AM
South Carolina used forearms and elbows to gain position on the inside and outside all night long. Maybe it looked different on TV, but sitting in the Hump last night I can think of at least four or five occasions where I was expecting a South Carolina offensive foul and instead it was a defensive foul on MSU.

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 07:43 AM
I actually thought we saw the refs give us the "better team benefit" last nite. Yes there were a couple questionable calls both ways but I remember thinking that it was nice to not be getting completely jobbed while at the same time catching a break or two. That said McCowan had a few awful calls go against her.

I kinda thought the same thing a little. We had 17 PFs they had 23. Not a huge disparity. Their PG fouling out hurt them some ... and she picked up a couple of pretty cheap ones IMO.

Was not like the CFP Title game by any stretch of the imagination tho. Basketball is much more difficult to call. I thought there was 1 or maybe a couple of blocking fouls against us that should've went the other way. Those are real tough calls to get 100% right. Sometimes it's obvious, but most times it's bang-bang ... real close.

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 07:46 AM
Running out of bounds for about 10 yards only to come back in a catch crucial passes.

LOL ... that too! I just kinda thought GA would get a more fair shake than we do. $$$$ talks tho.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2018, 09:01 AM

Wilson by herself meant they got the better of it. It’s the fouls that AREN’T called on her that make the difference. Most pritected player in America in any sport.

Liverpooldawg
02-06-2018, 09:03 AM
South Carolina used forearms and elbows to gain position on the inside and outside all night long. Maybe it looked different on TV, but sitting in the Hump last night I can think of at least four or five occasions where I was expecting a South Carolina offensive foul and instead it was a defensive foul on MSU.

Wilson climbed backs all night, as she always does. She also uses her hips to push people out of the way when she drives.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-06-2018, 09:48 AM
From that thread:

JandDSC

Yeah, go fukk yourself.. seriously, go absolutely 17 yourself, asshole

By the Amazon? Have they heard Wilson talk? His...I mean her... voice is deeper than mine.

MadDawg
02-06-2018, 10:05 AM
My apologies for those thinking this was a thread about Yancy or Shep.

OK, I literally spit up coffee.

lawdawg
02-06-2018, 12:58 PM
What amazed me is that we finally held them without going to zone defense. I was certain Vic was saving the zone for this game. Maybe he will use it in the SEC tourney. Depends if SCar makes it to us in the bracket though.

We did switch to a 2-3 zone on 1 defensive possession early in the 4th quarter. SC promptly hit a 3. I doubt we zone again this season...