PDA

View Full Version : Some silly comments in the game thread

tireddawg
02-05-2018, 10:52 PM
The one I liked the most is "we're not as talented as them". Not sure what team(s) that person was watching. Maybe you guys believe now.
And btw it's McCowan, not McGowan or Mcowan or any other variation.

Commercecomet24
02-05-2018, 10:59 PM
It?s mostly cause people react without letting things play out and finish.

RocketDawg
02-05-2018, 11:08 PM
It?s mostly cause people react without letting things play out and finish.

You trying to insult 7? :)

msstate7
02-05-2018, 11:10 PM

Not in this case. I said Wilson was the best player on the court, and she was.

Ari Gold
02-05-2018, 11:15 PM
i Said it few weeks back.
We have a lot on here that need to read more and post less when it comes to hoops ..

Commercecomet24
02-05-2018, 11:16 PM

Lol not at all. I?m sure everyone on here has reacted negatively early in games before. Although 7 maybe the champ. JK 7!

Dawgology
02-05-2018, 11:18 PM
you’re calling people out for melting in middle of a game? Ok.....

Not everyone is even keeled and enlightened as Buddha like you are. Some of us are passionate fans that let our emotions get the best of us in middle of a game. You don’t want to go down this path.

dawgday166
02-05-2018, 11:22 PM
Lol not at all. I?m sure everyone on here has reacted negatively early in games before. Although 7 maybe the champ. JK 7!

JK?? He may be undisputed, undefeated heavyweight champ *****

dawgday166
02-05-2018, 11:24 PM

That wasn't a melt. That was an actual statement of fact.

msstate7
02-05-2018, 11:29 PM
JK?? He may be undisputed, undefeated heavyweight champ *****

I am chill during women basketball. I am not chill at all during football, baseball, basketball, saints, and braves though lol

Dawg61
02-05-2018, 11:41 PM
The one I liked the most is "we're not as talented as them". Not sure what team(s) that person was watching. Maybe you guys believe now.

The expiration to call posters out about posts in a game thread expire once the game is over unless you call them out in the same game thread after the game.

tireddawg
02-05-2018, 11:45 PM
you’re calling people out for melting in middle of a game? Ok.....

Not everyone is even keeled and enlightened as Buddha like you are. Some of us are passionate fans that let our emotions get the best of us in middle of a game. You don’t want to go down this path.

Oh buddy, I'm not even keeled & never even met Buddha. I just choose not to subject anyone else to it during a game and let the game play out.

tireddawg
02-05-2018, 11:49 PM
The expiration to call posters out about posts in a game thread expire once the game is over unless you call them out in the same game thread after the game.

I don't read it during the game, I'm watching the game and it's actually more entertaining to read after a game, especially when we win. Must have missed that in the board rules.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2018, 11:49 PM
Everyone has to admit, when it was 22-10 and we were shooting a blistering 19% and Wilson was getting away with attempted murder it was not looking good. Then combine with TM missing several shots inside two feet and it was easy to get the feeling this just wasn?t our night. I never gave up on the team, but I was mighty frustrated at how things were going. I knew we would get it going, but didn?t know if the refs would let us back in the game.

AlmostPositive
02-05-2018, 11:55 PM
All that matters is, we whipped they ass.

Dawg61
02-06-2018, 12:27 AM
Must have missed that in the board rules. Yea it's not a rule it's just tired to start threads calling posters out about their comments in game threads. People speak with emotions in game threads. It's why they are entertaining. Your username fits.

mstatefan91
02-06-2018, 12:39 AM
Game threads are where we vent our emotions in the moment. It's a free pass. Arkansas 2015, football, is a great example.. don't judge based on game threads.

sleepy dawg
02-06-2018, 12:58 AM
It got a bit over the top for a bit there.

BiscuitEater
02-06-2018, 05:14 AM

Wilson is the currently the 'Kobe/MJ/Labron' of college WBB. Meaning, she can play as aggressive as she wants with ZERO worries about getting called for a foul. She ALWAYS gets the benefit of the call. Always.

Wilson mugged MSU players last night and didn't pick up her FIRST until the 4th quarter.

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2018, 08:01 AM
Wilson is the currently the 'Kobe/MJ/Labron' of college WBB. Meaning, she can play as aggressive as she wants with ZERO worries about getting called for a foul. She ALWAYS gets the benefit of the call. Always.

Wilson mugged MSU players last night and didn't pick up her FIRST until the 4th quarter.
Hell, one time she went over the back so much she literally fell over someone's back. My wife pointed out she shuffles her feet almost every time she catches the ball. She basically travels every time. McCowan was called for a travel when she didn't. Wilson is the best player in WBB but she gets away with a lot.

Political Hack
02-06-2018, 08:55 AM
that traveling call on McCowan was awful. At a crucial point in the game too. Stopped the clock, took points off the board, and gave them the ball. Had it been a little closer that would’ve been a travesty. You can’t blow a call that big at that point.

LC Dawg
02-06-2018, 08:55 AM

And it's Morgan William, not Williams.

basedog
02-06-2018, 09:03 AM
Yea it's not a rule it's just tired to start threads calling posters out about their comments in game threads. People speak with emotions in game threads. It's why they are entertaining. Your username fits.

Way a minute 61, I don't read or comment IF I'm watching the game at home. But I may read a few pages after the game mostly after we win. I read some way off the chart post from some that were just off the chart about players and our team.
You of all posters shouldn't try and defend stupid post even from folks "venting" during a game. Most sports have a clock for a reason and sport fans should at least wait till the horn blows, or maybe some who don't seem to be able to step away from the message boards should get out of their house more often or at least find another hobby. Geez

I will say it one more time, I'm amazed at how little some that post about basketball and or players know about the game and roles players play or have. Also they have not a clue about youth, growth and development.

LC Dawg
02-06-2018, 09:19 AM
that traveling call on McCowan was awful. At a crucial point in the game too. Stopped the clock, took points off the board, and gave them the ball. Had it been a little closer that would’ve been a travesty. You can’t blow a call that big at that point.

I agree. SC still had life at that point and that gave them a little more life. The announcers even said they didn't think it was a walk before watching the replay. There is no excuse for making that call.

louisvilledawg
02-06-2018, 09:20 AM

She's the best player in the country soooo....

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2018, 09:29 AM
I agree. SC still had life at that point and that gave them a little more life. The announcers even said they didn't think it was a walk before watching the replay. There is no excuse for making that call.

And Wilson travels almost every time she gets the ball. She shuffles her feet a lot and it is never called so it was maddening to see that called on McCowan.

Coach34
02-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Wilson abused McCowan. Just not a good match-up there for us but we had others step up. Holmes and Bibby were huge for us last night. They are big keys for us once we get to the Sweet 16.

Wilson did what was expected- only time I thought they missed something on her was when she landed on Blair's back. Easy foul call there they let go.

tcdog70
02-06-2018, 11:26 AM
Way a minute 61, I don't read or comment IF I'm watching the game at home. But I may read a few pages after the game mostly after we win. I read some way off the chart post from some that were just off the chart about players and our team.
You of all posters shouldn't try and defend stupid post even from folks "venting" during a game. Most sports have a clock for a reason and sport fans should at least wait till the horn blows, or maybe some who don't seem to be able to step away from the message boards should get out of their house more often or at least find another hobby. Geez

I will say it one more time, I'm amazed at how little some that post about basketball and or players know about the game and roles players play or have. Also they have not a clue about youth, growth and development.

Agreed. Big T just can't guard Williams without help. Thus Bibby. People talking shit about Bibby, when in fact She has helped to a large degree to win our last 2 games. After she came in we hold Mizzou to 6 point and hold SC to 8 in a quarter. She will continue to get better and will be a large factor in the Big Dance. She keeps Big T out of foul trouble. and I would like to say when all else fails--give Tory the ball and get out of Her way--set Her a pick and She will get a shot. She did the Cornbread Maxwell last night--put Us ob Her back and carried Us back into the game. No amount of Praise is to High for Her.

basedog
02-06-2018, 11:53 AM
Wilson abused McCowan. Just not a good match-up there for us but we had others step up. Holmes and Bibby were huge for us last night. They are big keys for us once we get to the Sweet 16.

Wilson did what was expected- only time I thought they missed something on her was when she landed on Blair's back. Easy foul call there they let go.

Let's put it this way, yes Wilson is a great player, but abused is not the correct statement. McCowan got 20 rebounds which is a dominant factor, hit some key Ft's down the stretch, she held her own on the second half. They are totally different type players, we won by double digits and for you not to think McCowan wasn't dominant on the boards and played Wilson defensively ok as Wilson is more athletic but McCowan is going to a monster for us down the stretch and especially next year.
Don't think for one moment McCowan isn't a worry for every team we play. Different styles 34, McCowan will be an All American so stop your madness on her.

drunkernhelldawg
02-06-2018, 11:57 AM
Did y'all catch the Falcons winning the Super Bowl last year? What a dominating performance! What talent!

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2018, 12:04 PM

I can't believe someone would be dumb enough to start a thread complaining about the game thread.

Game threads are different from other threads. They are emotional, irrational, & don't have the benefit of knowing the outcome of something.

They are best left alone. Starting a thread like this to complain about them after the fact is ridiculous

PMDawg
02-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Man, there are some self righteous jerks ITT.

tireddawg
02-06-2018, 12:56 PM
I can't believe someone would be dumb enough to start a thread complaining about the game thread.

Game threads are different from other threads. They are emotional, irrational, & don't have the benefit of knowing the outcome of something.

They are best left alone. Starting a thread like this to complain about them after the fact is ridiculous

As dumb as claiming SC is more talented than our girls?

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2018, 01:08 PM
As dumb as claiming SC is more talented than our girls?

It's a game thread.

While we won last night & may be the better team, South Carolina is longer than us. Just because we won the game doesn't mean the comment was wrong.

Regardless, playing hindsight 20/20 & calling people out off a game thread is lower hanging fruit & a zero move.