PDA

View Full Version : I'll say it

Todd4State
02-05-2018, 09:33 PM
We have a good chance of going undefeated in women's basketball during the regular season.

At Florida- 10-13. Just have to avoid the letdown game on the road.

Kentucky- 12-12. 4-6 on the road.

At Vanderbilt- 6-18. 3-10 at home. They're actually somehow better on the road.

Texas A&M- 18-6. By far the most difficult opponent we have left in league play. Play them in Starkville.

Auburn- 11-11. 2-7 on the road.

At Kentucky- 12-12. Probably our most difficult road game left at 8-6 in Lexington.

civildawg
02-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Sec tournament rematch with sc will be tough

bluelightstar
02-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Hard to go undefeated in any league but we should definitely win the league now.

msstate7
02-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Kinda hope we pick up 1 loss somewhere before the NCAA tourney begins

Bully13
02-05-2018, 09:41 PM
I never thought I'd see the day a lady's coach make me feel so proud of MSU. I love me some Vik. Damn. Re-ran that post game speach 3 times. That was so 17ing awesome. Praise the Lord and Hail State!!!!

Bully13
02-05-2018, 09:42 PM

17 that. Your ** button quit on ya?

DawgNamedScuba
02-05-2018, 09:46 PM

What are you smoking? Can you give me some?

Bully13
02-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Did y'all see that side stepping emotional "NO., NO, NO!!!!!" VIik displayed? Awesomeness. Yea, I know, I'm really fired up about that game. Just going off.

Todd4State
02-05-2018, 09:48 PM

:confused:

msstate7
02-05-2018, 09:49 PM
17 that. Your ** button quit on ya?

I personally do not like long winning streaks headed into the tourney. 1 loss = sec champs and 1-seed anyway

Todd4State
02-05-2018, 09:50 PM

Absolutely. But I think that one thing about tonight is we got the monkey off of our back and I think we know that we can beat them now. And that's absolutely huge going forward.

Todd4State
02-05-2018, 09:51 PM
I personally do not like long winning streaks headed into the tourney. 1 loss = sec champs and 1-seed anyway

I personally like going undefeated.

Like Tennessee and UConn in women's basketball.

Bully13
02-05-2018, 09:51 PM

17 that. We will curb stomp them to the mud.

dawgday166
02-05-2018, 09:59 PM
I personally like going undefeated.

Like Tennessee and UConn in women's basketball.

I think State7 is right on this one. Hard to go undefeated through SEC & NCAA tourneys. Odds are building against it the longer it goes.

TN only done it once, when rest of WBK was way behind them. Baylor once. UConn multiple times. Geno knows how to coach and prepare. Teams that do it are usually dominant.

I think we can play with most anyone if we're at our best and we're gutsy as hell, but I don't think we're dominant.

West Tn Dawg
02-05-2018, 10:01 PM
There is no instance in any scenario where losing is good!!!!
The last two games were what they needed, but not losing!

Political Hack
02-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Win out. Win it all.

dawgday166
02-05-2018, 10:05 PM
There is no instance in any scenario where losing is good!!!!
The last two games were what they needed, but not losing!

Wrong. Saban himself has said a loss can be good. In hoops that's even more the case. It would certainly take some pressure off.

ETA: My hope is SEC, SEC tourney, and NC. Don't care if we have 5 losses as long as those 3 happen. I'm just going by historically what are the best odds.

parabrave
02-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Well got the next game on 2 days rest and an away game at that. Gonna have to be hard on the players.

Skydawg1
02-05-2018, 10:27 PM
Wrong. Saban himself has said a loss can be good. In hoops that's even more the case. It would certainly take some pressure off.

ETA: My hope is SEC, SEC tourney, and NC. Don't care if we have 5 losses as long as those 3 happen. I'm just going by historically what are the best odds.I think our game in Columbia, MO was a win that felt like a loss. Learned alot about the team from that performance. Also, we learned from the game in Oxford that foul trouble might be an issue. It was not an issue tonight. Lots of learning from WINS, no losses necessary.

Todd4State
02-05-2018, 10:41 PM

ETA: My hope is SEC, SEC tourney, and NC. Don't care if we have 5 losses as long as those 3 happen. I'm just going by historically what are the best odds.

I wonder if he felt that way after losing to Clemson in the NC game last year?

dawgday166
02-05-2018, 10:45 PM

LOL .. well it do depend on when you lose. That's why I'd rather take the loss now. Not in either of the tourneys.

But I will say, this is one tough team. They may can run table. But while that would be nice, I don't want them to be the asterick team that went undefeated in regular season and got knocked out in Sweet 16.

I would prefer an undefeated UConn playing a 1 loss us. Pressure is more on UConn then. No one would expect us to beat em twice.

ETA: How many times has Bama won title as undefeated. They always better as a 1 loss team and not heavily favored. They get upset more easily when it's other way around.

Todd4State
02-05-2018, 10:55 PM
LOL .. well it do depend on when you lose. That's why I'd rather take the loss now. Not in either of the tourneys.

But I will say, this is one tough team. They may can run table. But while that would be nice, I don't want them to the the asterick team that went undefeated in regular season and got knocked out in Sweet 16.

I would prefer an undefeated UConn playing a 1 loss us. Pressure is more on UConn then. No one would expect us to beat em twice.

ETA: How many times has Bama won title as undefeated. They always better as a 1 loss team and not heavily favored. They get upset more easily when it's other way around.

Yes, timing is everything with losses.

I think off the top of my head- Saban has only gone undefeated once there. Depending on how you look at Ole Miss vacating their wins over them.

The Bear went undefeated a few times- definitely in 1979 and definitely early in the 1960's and I think one more time somewhere in there.

dawgday166
02-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Yes, timing is everything with losses.

I think off the top of my head- Saban has only gone undefeated once there. Depending on how you look at Ole Miss vacating their wins over them.

The Bear went undefeated a few times- definitely in 1979 and definitely early in the 1960's and I think one more time somewhere in there.

That's what I'm saying. In men's sports, back in 60's and 70's was easier. 1976 Hoosiers last MBK team that went undefeated.

WBK is sorta like UCLA/Wooden days with Geno and UConn at top. There are differences tho. Conferences are bigger, more competitive, not sure if they had conference tourneys back then, and NCAA field wasn't 64 teams either.

Pollodawg
02-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Absolutely. But I think that one thing about tonight is we got the monkey off of our back and I think we know that we can beat them now. And that's absolutely huge going forward.

It?s like when we beat LSU in BR in 2014. The fear of the logo on the Jersey is gone.

whosyourdawgy
02-05-2018, 11:02 PM
I never thought I'd see the day a lady's coach make me feel so proud of MSU. I love me some Vik. Damn. Re-ran that post game speach 3 times. That was so 17ing awesome. Praise the Lord and Hail State!!!!

So you re ran the post game speech 3 times and type ?Praise the Lord and Hail State?? Watch it one more time for me please. Hate being critical but he?s never said that.

Lord McBuckethead
02-06-2018, 12:09 AM
Yeah, he closed the entire speech that way. Maybe you have dish or something.

Todd4State
02-06-2018, 01:16 AM
That's what I'm saying. In men's sports, back in 60's and 70's was easier. 1976 Hoosiers last MBK team that went undefeated.

WBK is sorta like UCLA/Wooden days with Geno and UConn at top. There are differences tho. Conferences are bigger, more competitive, not sure if they had conference tourneys back then, and NCAA field wasn't 64 teams either.

I agree. You only had to play 10 games and a bowl back in the day. And you got to pick your conference games too- that's how Ole Miss avoided Alabama.

Dawgtini
02-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Smh. He said ?Praise the Lord and Go Dawgs!?

whosyourdawgy
02-06-2018, 09:32 AM

If Vic said Praise the Lord and Hail State somebody needs to find that and post the audio here. He has never said that from what i know. He has always said Praise the Lord and Go Dogs! My favorite one was when Morgan said it after the UCONN game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-06-2018, 09:50 AM
Why wouldn't you say the obvious? That is not a bold prediction.

bulldawg28
02-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Lol...

bulldawg28
02-06-2018, 10:50 AM

Most coaches after losing use the ploy" it's a great learning/refocusing situation". Forget that. Just win baby!

Bully13
02-06-2018, 11:08 AM
So you re ran the post game speech 3 times and type ?Praise the Lord and Hail State?? Watch it one more time for me please. Hate being critical but he?s never said that.

ok, ok, I was fired up. sorry. "GO DOGS"......

LC Dawg
02-06-2018, 12:15 PM
I want to be undefeated national champions. If we have to lose a game I would rather it be in the first game of the SEC tourney so we could come home and rest. The biggest thing is to keep the overall 2 seed.
If we play UConn it doesn't matter if we are undefeated or have a loss - they will be favored. I don't think there's any way there will be more pressure on us or UConn. We played in the championship game last year and we want to win the whole thing this year. We broke their win streak last year and they are just as hungry as us to come back this year and win a championship.
Undefeated Mississippi State vs undefeated UConn in the championship game would be the biggest game in the history of the women's game and arguably be the biggest game in Mississippi State's athletic history.

dawgday166
02-06-2018, 12:46 PM
I want to be undefeated national champions. If we have to lose a game I would rather it be in the first game of the SEC tourney so we could come home and rest. The biggest thing is to keep the overall 2 seed.
If we play UConn it doesn't matter if we are undefeated or have a loss - they will be favored. I don't think there's any way there will be more pressure on us or UConn. We played in the championship game last year and we want to win the whole thing this year. We broke their win streak last year and they are just as hungry as us to come back this year and win a championship.
Undefeated Mississippi State vs undefeated UConn in the championship game would be the biggest game in the history of the women's game and arguably be the biggest game in Mississippi State's athletic history.

As an FYI. Teams that don't do well in conference tourneys, almost always don't do well in NCAAs. And losing 1st game of conference tourney is a death blow. I cannot recall a team winning it all that didn't at least make semis of conference tourney.

We need at a minimum to make semis of SEC. Would prefer finals tho.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2018, 12:47 PM

I would love to hear a coach tell a team that. Girls, I know we have been playing well, but I really think a loss would do us some good. Not feeling comfortable with being able to maintain this long winning streak through the whole tournament. So can we have an off night and then use that loss to make us better?

msstate7
02-06-2018, 12:51 PM
I would love to hear a coach tell a team that. Girls, I know we have been playing well, but I really think a loss would do us some good. Not feeling comfortable with being able to maintain this long winning streak through the whole tournament. So can we have an off night and then use that loss to make us better?

Yeah, that is what I wanted... Vic and the girls to throw a game.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Yeah, that is what I wanted... Vic and the girls to throw a game.

What’s the difference? You said you want them to lose. That’s one way for them to lose. If they are going to lose, why not go in knowing they are playing to lose? That way the emotional roller coaster isn’t a factor.

You must not coach or have ever coached. I’ve never understood fans wanting their team to lose to make the fans feel better about having a chance to win in the future. Like losing has some real bearing on winning. It’s the dumbest and most irrational piece of logic I’ve ever heard of.

There’s a reason I don’t take a lot of people on here seriously when it comes to coaching decisions, recruiting, etc. The majority on here speak from zero experience in either category.

I’ve been in a pissy mood recently with stuff going on here. Maybe it’s just me, but between people blasting Moorhead, going psycho about a couple 3 stars, wanting our team to lose, and flipping out about men’s basketball, it just seems like our fan base is exposing itself and not knowledgeable about a lot of things.

msstate7
02-06-2018, 02:01 PM
I’ve been in a pissy mood

people blasting Moorhead.

First part... you nailed it! +1

Second part... must have missed it. Please link to one post that has blasted Moorhead

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2018, 02:52 PM
I don't want to lose any games in the regular season. The only team left to play in top 25 is TX AM. That game will always be very personal to Vic and he sure won't let up against them I don't feel.
I don't want to lose a game in the SEC Tourny either. It wouldn't hurt us much if any. but I think there is a good chance we have to play usc in the finals again.. we don't want to lose that confidence against them.

So bring on UCONN for it all.. in a undefeated vs undefeated.