PDA

View Full Version : Clay Travis had a good question about LeBron

Irondawg
02-05-2018, 03:37 PM
This morning I heard him bring up the question- should Cleveland trade LeBron?

They have been really up and down this year. If management is convinced he walks at the end of the year and doesn?t think this team can really win, do you see what somebody would offer up to have him lead you in the playoffs? Then try to convince him to stay as a FA?

I don?t know if Cleveland would do it because of fan revolt but to me it?s something they should at least consider

Dawg61
02-05-2018, 03:42 PM
This morning I heard him bring up the question- should Cleveland trade LeBron?

They have been really up and down this year. If management is convinced he walks at the end of the year and doesn?t think this team can really win, do you see what somebody would offer up to have him lead you in the playoffs? Then try to convince him to stay as a FA?

I don?t know if Cleveland would do it because of fan revolt but to me it?s something they should at least consider

He's definitely bolting after this year so yea if you can get something for him now you do it. Also get him a shirt so he can start doing interviews with a shirt on. That'd be great.

Matty Dispatch
02-05-2018, 03:52 PM
LeBron is and always will the the only good thing in Cavs history. You keep him and hope the team finds their way in the playoffs. If he leaves in the offseason so what. I'd rather take my chances with him for one final shot than hope a draft pick or whatever return I get will amount to a hill of beans.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Lebron has a no trade clause so trade speculation is pretty pointless.

Irondawg
02-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Do you not think he?d accept a trade to a contender?

Tbonewannabe
02-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Lebron also was heavily involved in creating the mess that is the Cleveland roster. He basically told them who to get and they did it. Lebron basically runs that team for the most part so it would be crazy for him to bolt.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Do you not think he?d accept a trade to a contender?

No he wouldn't. He's already said it.

Lord McBuckethead
02-05-2018, 04:34 PM
If anything has been proven, its having Lebron on your team makes you a contender. Half the teams in the league make the playoffs, so I am not to worried about that.

Johnson85
02-05-2018, 06:17 PM
No he wouldn't. He's already said it.

Is he supposed to come out and tell his teammates he's ready to quit on them?

I could see him wanting to wait until he can control the process better in the off season and not wanting to get traded to one team just to go through the FA process at the end of the season. Or maybe he just thinks there's no way it can remain quiet so telling the Cavs they can pursue a trade just ruins this teams' chemistry without making it likely he gets to a better situation.

But I'm not sure you can rule it out based on what he says publicly.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Is he supposed to come out and tell his teammates he's ready to quit on them?

I could see him wanting to wait until he can control the process better in the off season and not wanting to get traded to one team just to go through the FA process at the end of the season. Or maybe he just thinks there's no way it can remain quiet so telling the Cavs they can pursue a trade just ruins this teams' chemistry without making it likely he gets to a better situation.

But I'm not sure you can rule it out based on what he says publicly.

He's not getting traded