PDA

View Full Version : Lateral Move's wife: "It was the one call I think we've been waiting for, forever"

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Ah, the joy of being in the Jacksonville TV market - I get to see shit like this on a regular basis.

Enjoy Coach & Mrs. Lateral Move and their "love" of all things Gator.

Read it: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/sports/college/florida-gators/first-family-of-florida-football-it-was-meant-to-be/77-514627473

Watch it:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/news/local/first-family-of-florida-football-dan-and-megan-mullen/77-2904115

Try not to puke....

Commercecomet24
02-05-2018, 01:35 PM
I never ceased to be amazed. Guess they were both full of crap. SMH

Doggie_Style
02-05-2018, 01:38 PM
.....but they luuuuuuuuv Starkville and will never leave.....lol

msstate7
02-05-2018, 01:42 PM
The moment Mullen took the Florida job, I became a huge smart fan, tenn fan (except beating us on the trail), and FSU fan. I am a hater, and it would bring me great joy to watch Mullen be fired in a couple years. Go seminoles, Georgia, and tenn. Oh and Moorhead, you have the better team... do NOT lose to Mullen next season

Leeshouldveflanked
02-05-2018, 01:42 PM
They were gonna leave sooner or later regardless...Dan is kinda like the ol Southern Baptist Preacher, he's always gonna get "called" to a bigger church... Stricklinz is the one who should be shamed....

Political Hack
02-05-2018, 01:44 PM
She’s had some harsh things to say about Gainsville and it’s ilk during her decade in Vegas. In fact, during Don’s intro presser a local beat writer asked him about his wife’s comments. He said something to the effect of “if she didn’t want to be here, we wouldn’t be here.”

I don’t blame them for leaving. I’m thankful for what he got started here. But it still rubs me the wrong way when someone talks so much crap for so long only to tuck tail and backtrack. I have a hard time respecting that.

Tbonewannabe
02-05-2018, 01:45 PM
I never ceased to be amazed. Guess they were both full of crap. SMH

Apparently they were. I absolutely hate to say it but I guess that is how UM fans felt with Pine Box. I can honestly say, unless UF can win and help put us in Atlanta, I hope he loses every damn game.

MetEdDawg
02-05-2018, 01:47 PM
We just need to move on. He wasn't going to say "Yeah I'm looking to move. I love Starkville but I just don't see myself here long term".

I mean at some point we have to just say we are better for having him here, we are in a position to continue to elevate, and I like the hire we made to replace him.

I'm not mad at him, his wife, or Stricklin. It's a business, they did what they did, and here's where we are at. Only thing that really pisses me off is him trying to poach recruits.

msstate7
02-05-2018, 01:50 PM
We just need to move on. He wasn't going to say "Yeah I'm looking to move. I love Starkville but I just don't see myself here long term".

I mean at some point we have to just say we are better for having him here, we are in a position to continue to elevate, and I like the hire we made to replace him.

I'm not mad at him, his wife, or Stricklin. It's a business, they did what they did, and here's where we are at. Only thing that really pisses me off is him trying to poach recruits.

Yeah, screw him. Mullen said the same things about Collins in the media that we say about Mullen on a message board. I am happy we had Mullen, but he is a hypocrite

Ari Gold
02-05-2018, 01:51 PM
The ****er wanted to be gone 3 years ago.
And he just went thru the motions the last 2 games this year
It was time he left

Political Hack
02-05-2018, 01:51 PM

Strick is a self-promoting snake with his eyes on the prize. If what’s good for State is also good for him, he’ll fight for us. If not, he’ll screw us. Plain and simple.

DogsofAnarchy
02-05-2018, 01:56 PM
The ****er wanted to be gone 3 years ago.
And he just went thru the motions the last 2 games this year
It was time he left

Been wanting out since 2010.

MetEdDawg
02-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Strick is a self-promoting snake with his eyes on the prize. If what’s good for State is also good for him, he’ll fight for us. If not, he’ll screw us. Plain and simple.

I get that, but it's his job to be a self-promoting snake unfortunately. If Mullen was the guy he wanted, there wasn't a single thing he could have done to made it better. If you ran a company and the person you wanted to work for you in a critical position worked at the company you started at and left for more pay, you would go and get your person because your job relies on the people you ultimate hire below you.

PassInterference
02-05-2018, 02:09 PM
Strick is the AD for Florida. He has moved on and you folks should too.

Bothrops
02-05-2018, 02:37 PM
This video doesn't bother me. They may not be talking about MSU now, but they will be someday. Stricklin is the one that needs to be blamed for treason.

MagicDawg
02-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Folks - maybe it's time to take a deep breath and just let it go. It's built into the nature of the business. Maybe they liked it and became disillusioned over time. Maybe they still love it but couldn't turn down the payday. There is a certain amount of apple polishing that goes into any job that requires interfacing with the media.

He came, he did his job pretty dang well in historical terms, and he got hired away. I suspect they had plenty of great times, great relationships, and good memories of Starkville, as well as interactions with a bunch of people who would turn on them at the drop of a hat if they crossed them in any way and carry the grudge forever. They seem to be everywhere.

Stricklin - through circumstances some of his own making and some not, he ended up where Mullen was probably his Hail Mary pass. It hit. We'll see if he's still employed in 2 years. I think it will be great for MSU if Strick ends up in SEC administration or NCAA administration.

Meanwhile, we got JoMo and things are looking up. We had apparently plateaued, anyway so Strick may have done us a favor in the long run.

Maybe just maybe it's okay to let Dan, Megan, and Scott go on with their lives and we go on with ours.

Beat Florida, go to hell ole miss, and Hail State!

ScoobaDawg
02-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Folks - maybe it's time to take a deep breath and just let it go. It's built into the nature of the business. Maybe they liked it and became disillusioned over time. Maybe they still love it but couldn't turn down the payday. There is a certain amount of apple polishing that goes into any job that requires interfacing with the media.

He came, he did his job pretty dang well in historical terms, and he got hired away. I suspect they had plenty of great times, great relationships, and good memories of Starkville, as well as interactions with a bunch of people who would turn on them at the drop of a hat if they crossed them in any way and carry the grudge forever. They seem to be everywhere.

Stricklin - through circumstances some of his own making and some not, he ended up where Mullen was probably his Hail Mary pass. It hit. We'll see if he's still employed in 2 years. I think it will be great for MSU if Strick ends up in SEC administration or NCAA administration.

Meanwhile, we got JoMo and things are looking up. We had apparently plateaued, anyway so Strick may have done us a favor in the long run.

Maybe just maybe it's okay to let Dan, Megan, and Scott go on with their lives and we go on with ours.

Couldn't be said much better. We all love MSU and get blinded.. that there are better opportunities out there sometimes.
And I do think they did us a favor. Dan wasn't ever going to win the west, so we weren't going to move up further than making a bowl game every year.
He's either gone win big there and make us wonder why he couldn't do that here..or more than likely.. we already know who he is... and that will get him fired in 4 years or less.

Commercecomet24
02-05-2018, 03:48 PM
She’s had some harsh things to say about Gainsville and it’s ilk during her decade in Vegas. In fact, during Don’s intro presser a local beat writer asked him about his wife’s comments. He said something to the effect of “if she didn’t want to be here, we wouldn’t be here.”

I don’t blame them for leaving. I’m thankful for what he got started here. But it still rubs me the wrong way when someone talks so much crap for so long only to tuck tail and backtrack. I have a hard time respecting that.

This is exactly how I feel, with the exception that I don't respect it at all. Saying things out of convenience and then reversing course is just two-faced. I don't care what line of work you're in, talking out of both sides of your face is just wrong. Guess it was just how I was raised. Great points, as always, Hack.

I don't hate the Mullenz at all, just lost respect for them.

Cooterpoot
02-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Dan pretends he’s great. In reality, he doesn’t even have the balls to get away from his friends on be as good as he could be. He’s a bit of a fraud and puss who will never be as great as he pretends to be.

ScoobaDawg
02-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Dan pretends he’s great. In reality, he doesn’t even have the balls to get away from his friends on be as good as he could be. He’s a bit of a fraud and puss who will never be as great as he pretends to be.

Then shouldn't we be thankful someone else took him off our hands and we upgraded??

thf24
02-05-2018, 04:17 PM
It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the both of them hadn't said negative things about Florida and Gainesville specifically in the past. In my opinion it pushes them past the coachspeak realm. There was no need for the lateral move or grocery shopping comments in the interest of selling their commitment to Starkville and MSU at the time, especially if they loved it and hoped they'd end up back there as much as they're saying now. It makes them sound disingenuous beyond the politics of football coaching in hindsight.

That being said, we need to get over it.

TrapGame
02-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Dan will never be an elite coach until he gets rid of the Yes Men. But, he can't do it. His ego won't let him. He and Megan are chameleons and blend in where ever they are. I'm not that surprised. He's gonna be wishing he stayed in Starkville three years from now though.

Cooterpoot
02-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Then shouldn't we be thankful someone else took him off our hands and we upgraded??

Do you see me complaining that he's gone?

RocketDawg
02-05-2018, 04:31 PM
I don't mind at all that Mullen is gone. I actually thought that he would like to stay and finish the empire he'd started, but I was wrong. What I don't like is the way he left ... just picked up and got out of town without a word, apparently no word to the players, and certainly not to the alumni and supporters who kept giving more to play his outrageous salary, until several days later when it didn't matter. As others have said, I'm not particularly angry with him, but I lost all respect for him and that won't come back. As a result, I don't care if he never wins a game at Florida. When they play OM, I'll be pulling for OM unless by some miracle it would keep us out of Atlanta (that's not likely at all). I understood at the time why OM fans didn't like Tubberville ... because he lied to them ... just like the ******* in effect lied to us.

Edit: the ******* is the plural of Mullen. Not sure why that one is X'd out.

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2018, 05:04 PM

I'm mostly over it myself - I just gagged at the BS they were shoveling. I won't consider myself fully over it until after September.

BiscuitEater
02-05-2018, 05:20 PM
That's because for the *******, football is more than a game. It's family.
They spoke to First Coast News for their first interview together as the first family of Florida football, and the first thing they said was it's great to be a Florida Gator
"It's just like it was meant to be. We're home," Megan Mullen said.

Bigamist. Or, is it Polygamist? They are dead to me.

Dawg61
02-05-2018, 05:22 PM
I'm not reading this whole thread. There's two types of posters on this subject. 1. Those like me that are going to get great endless entertainment by roasting Don Muffins for the next ten years and 2. Those that are going to try to muffle the other's voices about roasting Don Muffins for the next ten years. Word of advice to the #2's you ain't winning this battle. We gonna ROAST THAT MOTHER****ER!!!!

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/74479472/me-bite-your-tongue-youre-better-than-that-me-to-me-give-that-bitch-the-roast-she-deserves.jpg

was21
02-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Life's short. To hold onto and dwell on resentment will make it much shorter. He put us on the map and moved on. We're better for him having been here.

Todd4State
02-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Couldn't be said much better. We all love MSU and get blinded.. that there are better opportunities out there sometimes.
And I do think they did us a favor. Dan wasn't ever going to win the west, so we weren't going to move up further than making a bowl game every year.
He's either gone win big there and make us wonder why he couldn't do that here..or more than likely.. we already know who he is... and that will get him fired in 4 years or less.

I've had this thought myself as well- Stricklin may have actually done us a big favor by taking Dan off of our hands. Especially if Joe turns out to be really good.

The fact of the matter is we were overpaying Dan. And because of that we were kind of stuck with him...and all of his faults too.

I'm glad he is gone because while he did a good job overall we also weren't going to take that next step with him as our coach and that became very apparent to me after the 2015 season.

Dawg61
02-05-2018, 06:39 PM
I've had this thought myself as well- Stricklin may have actually done us a big favor by taking Dan off of our hands. Especially if Joe turns out to be really good.

The fact of the matter is we were overpaying Dan. And because of that we were kind of stuck with him...and all of his faults too.

I'm glad he is gone because while he did a good job overall we also weren't going to take that next step with him as our coach and that became very apparent to me after the 2015 season.

Agree with all of this. Rep given

Percho
02-05-2018, 06:45 PM
I said after the Egg. I'll be ok if he stays and I'll be ok if he leaves. And now I am happier that he left. Will not have all that crap to go through after every season. Maybe now the heart of our coach will be in winning the Egg along with all the other games.

The Federalist Engineer
02-05-2018, 07:06 PM
After getting fired in Gainesville in 2021, she will be commenting about how she loves Lubbock, Tx or Ames, Iowa

IMissJack
02-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Strick is a self-promoting snake with his eyes on the prize. If what?s good for State is also good for him, he?ll fight for us. If not, he?ll screw us. Plain and simple.

Not standing up for Stricklin, but having been screwed over in the business world before, I will say that if you are not promoting yourself, nobody else will.

I seen it dawg
02-05-2018, 09:23 PM

And a ****ing kaboom. Spot ass on

maroonmania
02-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Apparently they were. I absolutely hate to say it but I guess that is how UM fans felt with Pine Box. I can honestly say, unless UF can win and help put us in Atlanta, I hope he loses every damn game.

No point in letting this crap bother anyone. Its PR for whoever is forking out the millions. At this point I wouldn't believe anything they said about anywhere they are. Mullen would probably piss on Gainesville tomorrow to get the Bama job.