PDA

View Full Version : Lavar Ball Going After Recruits for His Pro League...one of which is Reggie Perry

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-05-2018, 09:52 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lavar-ball-is-sliding-into-high-school-players-dms-to-gauge-interest-in-his-pro-league/

This guy is unbelievable. Everyone is turning him down though which is really funny.

Big Baller Brand has contacted Mississippi State Signee Reggie Perry about joining their new basketball league, the JBA. Perry told me: “I have my mind set on attending Mississippi state and playing for coach Howland.”

sorry if it's been discussed

Tbonewannabe
02-05-2018, 09:57 AM
So where is Lavar getting the money to start a league? I guess he has some backers of some kind. It will be interesting to see if he gets any actual NBA draft potential or if it ends up being guys who never have a shot at the NBA.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-05-2018, 09:59 AM
He needs to use some of that money to get a teeth bleaching, but that is beside the point.

Dawg61
02-05-2018, 10:24 AM
So where is Lavar getting the money to start a league? I guess he has some backers of some kind. It will be interesting to see if he gets any actual NBA draft potential or if it ends up being guys who never have a shot at the NBA.

League will work if he sticks with it and sees it through. It'll take awhile to gain momentum but once players see they don't have to deal with school and other shit before going pro in one year enough of them will sign up for it to work. As long as Ball can get the league put on cable. My question is how long are they going to be allowed to play in this league for? 4 years? Seems they'd have to allow the players to play for 4 years or it's too risky.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-05-2018, 10:39 AM
NBA needs to do like College Baseball... Either go pro after Highschool or wait 3 year years.... would suck for UK tho.

Bulldog1
02-05-2018, 10:53 AM
NBA needs to do like College Baseball... Either go pro after Highschool or wait 3 year years.... would suck for UK tho.

I think so too!

Ari Gold
02-05-2018, 10:54 AM
League will work if he sticks with it and sees it through. It'll take awhile to gain momentum but once players see they don't have to deal with school and other shit before going pro in one year enough of them will sign up for it to work. As long as Ball can get the league put on cable. My question is how long are they going to be allowed to play in this league for? 4 years? Seems they'd have to allow the players to play for 4 years or it's too risky.

If this gets ANY momentum which I doubt it does. NCAA and nba will step in and blow this up.
Actually may be a good thing . Could get rid of the ridiculous one and done. Make players have to go to college 2 year minimum if they don’t go pro out of high school

deltadawg99
02-05-2018, 11:47 AM

Problem with that would be that you?d have 50 High School kids turn pro every year.

I wish the nba was like the nfl where you had to go to school for 3 years. Would help the players develop and would improve the college game.

MarketingBully
02-05-2018, 12:35 PM

It’s not going to work because the man burns every bridge he comes across. He won’t get many players if any from this year’s class and by the time it possibly could take off the one and done rule will be gone so it will be moot.

Fader21
02-05-2018, 02:27 PM
This the worst idea since the XFL.

Ari Gold
02-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Problem with that would be that you?d have 50 High School kids turn pro every year.

I wish the nba was like the nfl where you had to go to school for 3 years. Would help the players develop and would improve the college game.

You would be shocked how many would declare each year. Lot less than people think.

Johnson85
02-05-2018, 03:12 PM
This the worst idea since the XFL.

This is way worse than the XFL. It wasn't crazy to think that somebody who had made a kajillion dollars selling fake wrestling could also make money selling football.

I guess maybe the XFL was worse in that people were willing to put real money into it. I assume Ball's league won't even have the ability to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars, much less millions.

Johnson85
02-05-2018, 03:16 PM
You would be shocked how many would declare each year. Lot less than people think.

It also wouldn't really matter even if 50 did declare a year. Yes, college is hurt by the real superstars skipping college and going pro, but the ones that declare when they shouldn't would probably improve the college game. The drop off in athleticism wouldn't be huge but it would probably result in more opportunities for smarter players to get playing time.

The worst case scenario for college basketball would be for players opting to go europe rather than committing to three years of college ball, and I don't think that will be a huge problem.

Dawg61
02-05-2018, 04:11 PM
I am not sold this can't work. NBA has a major problem with a lack of a quality minor league system. There's only 270 minor league basketball players in America as opposed to over 5,500 minor league baseball players. MLB rosters are 25 NBA rosters are 15. Based on that math alone there should be over 3,000 minor league basketball players so the current system is only taking care of .08% of the players they should be taking care of.