PDA

View Full Version : We shot 71% from 2 today

Coach34
02-03-2018, 09:54 PM
(22/31) got to keep breaking down defenses. I called loudly for Peters to start after watching us play USM and people pushed back. As usual, many of you are finally catching up and seeing what I saw weeks ago.

Great win and now it sets a huge game with Bama. We have to hold that home court.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Peters got himself suspended twice this year so starting him right after those suspensions wasn't an option.

DogsofAnarchy
02-03-2018, 10:06 PM
I will be extremely HAPPY if WE make the NIT tourney. We have to keep this in perspective because it’s a young mentally fragile team. Coach howland has done a GREAT job and we are setting the stage to compete year in and year out!!

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 10:14 PM
I will be extremely HAPPY if WE make the NIT tourney. We have to keep this in perspective because it’s a young mentally fragile team. Coach howland has done a GREAT job and we are setting the stage to compete year in and year out!!

We are about two wins from locking up an NIT bid. I think it'll be ok it you start hoping for an NCAA bid this year.

MetEdDawg
02-03-2018, 10:21 PM
We are about two wins from locking up an NIT bid. I think it'll be ok it you start hoping for an NCAA bid this year.

Yeah I don’t see us missing the NIT. So I think we are at that point now to where we can say that we hope for the NCAA tournament.

Still shouldn’t be pissed if we miss it because I still think it would be an overachieve for this team. But we are close. Team has made solid progress.

Coach007
02-03-2018, 10:29 PM
(22/31) got to keep breaking down defenses. I called loudly for Peters to start after watching us play USM and people pushed back. As usual, many of you are finally catching up and seeing what I saw weeks ago.

Great win and now it sets a huge game with Bama. We have to hold that home court.

Peters himself explained to you why he was not and how he put himself in his own position in the interview after the game.

He also explained what he did to be able to be back on the court.

Better team mate......

preachermatt83
02-03-2018, 10:39 PM

Yup. U were right about peters... but just as right as u were about him, u were that wrong about Adu.

Homedawg
02-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Peters got himself suspended twice this year so starting him right after those suspensions wasn't an option.

I agree w this. I know I said it.

Coach34
02-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Yup. U were right about peters... but just as right as u were about him, u were that wrong about Adu.

Ado has really come on offensively the last month.

preachermatt83
02-03-2018, 10:44 PM

His improvement has certainly been impressive

Coach34
02-03-2018, 10:45 PM

That wasnt what you said 1 month ago. You said that we couldnt start Peters because we couldnt take Carter out of the starting line-up. You and others cant change the narrative now. Thats like trying to switch from collusion to obstruction of justice because you have found out there is no collusion

confucius say
02-03-2018, 10:45 PM

Cough cough. Should have listened to what Confucius say. I?ll say it again, he will be all sec before he leaves.

RougeDawg
02-03-2018, 10:49 PM

What in the F*ck are you talking about? Peters was suspended and looked terrible up until 2-3 weeks ago. Anyone who said he should be starting at that time with his shit body language needed psychiatric assistance. You don?t play a guy who?s body language resembled Lamar?s a month ago. GTFO of here with this.

Coach34
02-03-2018, 10:59 PM
What in the F*ck are you talking about? Peters was suspended and looked terrible up until 2-3 weeks ago. Anyone who said he should be starting at that time with his shit body language needed psychiatric assistance. You don?t play a guy who?s body language resembled Lamar?s a month ago. GTFO of here with this.

Facts is facts

We are a better basketball team with him starting at PG. Since he played 30-plus minutes against Bama and then began starting- we are an NCAA-level basketball team. We are 3-1 with him starting and the only loss is @Kentucky.

Bulldog1
02-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Lamar can’t handle playing off the bench. It’s obvious that he’s better starting.

confucius say
02-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Lamar can’t handle playing off the bench. It’s obvious that he’s better starting.

His breakout game was against Bama and he didn?t start. He handled playing off the bench exceptionally well that night.

Peters earned his way back into the starting lineup. He wasn?t going to start until he did so. I?m thankful he did, bc it saved our season. He?s the straw that stirs the drink.

Coach34
02-03-2018, 11:07 PM
His breakout game was against Bama and he didn?t start. He handled playing off the bench exceptionally well that nigh.

because he played 32 minutes that night. He may as well have started.

2-4 in the SEC with him coming off the bench
3-1 in the SEC with him starting

Bulldog1
02-03-2018, 11:10 PM
He did play well that game, but I believe he is better starting, and the team benefits more with him starting.
Nick said he felt more comfortable at the 2 with Lamar starting. We are 3-1 since Howland changed the lineup.

RougeDawg
02-03-2018, 11:17 PM
Facts is facts

We are a better basketball team with him starting at PG. Since he played 30-plus minutes against Bama and then began starting- we are an NCAA-level basketball team. We are 3-1 with him starting and the only loss is @Kentucky.

Here are some facts. We weren?t a better team with the headcase Lamar 8 weeks ago. Please explain that to me?

He got his head screwed back on and back to his potential the last 2 weeks and we have been better.

That?s like me saying any player shooting 50% is going to make us better than a guy shooting 20%. Or a guy turning it over 2 times a game vs 8 times a game. All are inherently common sense.

You saying 5 TO headcase Lamar was helping the team in December is flat out ridiculous.

Facts are when Lamar got his shit together and started playing to his potential, yes we are a better team. Another fact, he?s only been playing that way 2-3 weeks. Last fact, anyone wanting Lamar 3 weeks ago is an idiot.

WSOPdawg
02-03-2018, 11:19 PM

I've seen several refer to him as "Baby Hakeem" and I can definitely see him developing into an Olajuwon-type player by is junior year. The next several years should be beyond awesome!

confucius say
02-03-2018, 11:19 PM
because he played 32 minutes that night. He may as well have started.

2-4 in the SEC with him coming off the bench
3-1 in the SEC with him starting

I don?t care if he played 39 minutes. The quote was he couldn?t handle playing off the bench. Obviously, that wasn?t true against Bama. The quote was not he cannot handle playing a limited number of minutes.

RougeDawg
02-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Hey you numbnuts listen to me. Tuesday night if we score more points than Bama we will win. If we don?t we will lose. - C34

confucius say
02-03-2018, 11:22 PM
He did play well that game, but I believe he is better starting, and the team benefits more with him starting.
Nick said he felt more comfortable at the 2 with Lamar starting. We are 3-1 since Howland changed the lineup.

Oh I agree with you that we are better with him starting and playing a lot. . He is the key. But he has to play the style he has played the last two weeks, not the style he played the first two months of the season. He said same thing in interview tonight.

Coach34
02-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Here are some facts. We weren?t a better team with the headcase Lamar 8 weeks ago. Please explain that to me?

because we started Carter instead of Peters- thats an easy answer.

Coach34
02-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Oh I agree with you that we are better with him starting and playing a lot. . He is the key. But he has to play the style he has played the last two weeks, not the style he played the first two months of the season. He said same thing in interview tonight.

He's not playing any different. He shot the ball 17 times tonight and had 4 turnovers. But because he starts now and is playing 30 minutes per game instead of 20- we are reaping the benefits

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 11:27 PM
Peters himself explained to you why he was not and how he put himself in his own position in the interview after the game.

He also explained what he did to be able to be back on the court.

Better team mate......

Discipline is important. We all should know that.

confucius say
02-03-2018, 11:29 PM

Lamar started games in the nonconference and was horrible. He told you himself tonight after the game the reason he is playing so much better now, and it has nothing to do with the fact that he is starting. It?s actually the inverse-the reason he is starting now is because he changed his whole approach to the game and got his stuff straight, off the court and on it.

Bulldog1
02-03-2018, 11:29 PM
When I said starting, I essentially meant getting the majority of minutes. I think he played like he did early because he wanted to average 20 a night and get back in the starting lineup. If he was starting back in early January, I think he would have played different. Just my opinion.

confucius say
02-03-2018, 11:31 PM
He's not playing any different. He shot the ball 17 times tonight and had 4 turnovers. But because he starts now and is playing 30 minutes per game instead of 20- we are reaping the benefits

Read his stat lines from Mizzou and USCe.

Truth is, he was fortunate tonight and got some bad shots to go.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 11:34 PM
That wasnt what you said 1 month ago. You said that we couldnt start Peters because we couldnt take Carter out of the starting line-up. You and others cant change the narrative now. Thats like trying to switch from collusion to obstruction of justice because you have found out there is no collusion

A month ago I didn't say Peters should never be the starter I said he shouldn't and didn't deserve to start over Carter THEN because Carter just had a 35 point game and Peters got himself suspended twice. You don't bench Carter then for a guy coming off a double suspension. That's how you lose your entire team. That's a move Stansbury would make not Howland. Got to earn your way back into the starting lineup. Peters did that and now Carter isn't all butthurt about it where he would have been if you put Peters immediately back into the starting lineup. Don't create cancer when you can just wait a month and cancer won't be created.

Coach34
02-03-2018, 11:37 PM
Read his stat lines from Mizzou and USCe.

Truth is, he was fortunate tonight and got some bad shots to go.

It's that the offense runs so much better when it runs thru him. Thats the bottom line.

confucius say
02-03-2018, 11:38 PM
It's that the offense runs so much better when it runs thru him. Thats the bottom line.

Absolutely agree. He has to make good decisions for us to be good long term offensively.

Lord McBuckethead
02-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Alright. To be fair, 34 has been saying Peters should be starting for a while. It was obvious, but he has been saying it.

RougeDawg
02-04-2018, 03:12 AM

And Einstein I?m asking you why that was the situation. Why was Lamar suspended? Why wasn?t he starting? Subsequently why wasn?t he getting 1st team minutes to get in gear. You didn?t answer the question as usual. You answered what you thought was asked. I?d rather have a totem pole on the court vs Lamar 3+weeks ago.

That?s like saying after a guy goes 20-30 after a 10-200 slump that you knew he was gonna come through.

Holy shit, we aren?t that stupid. Well at least I?m not. Playing a player struggling mentally and subsequently physically on the court is not a good idea for anyone. The fact you tout it is scary. Hell I can predict that that any player who starts hitting 9 of 10 from mid range will get more playing time.

No one can predict what Lamar was going to go. We all knew his potential. We all saw his sloppy selfish play. We all knew he could be who he?s been the last 2 weeks, if he got his head in straight. Nobody, including Lamar knew if this would occur

So what the f*ck exactly did you predict? Did you predict that water is wet? And that fire is hot?

You might be able to dupe most posters, but you aren?t bringing your F*cking bullshit here. I’ll post you up, Mutombo style.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2018, 03:27 AM

When and only when, he plays for the team and not him self.

basedog
02-04-2018, 05:57 AM
Fun watching a young team getting better. Starts on defense, we are a good defensive team and known we are sharing the ball and not turning it over as much.

Bully13
02-04-2018, 07:23 AM

My favorite post of this thread. Anyone care to guesss as to why?.

Bully13
02-04-2018, 07:46 AM
Is Ado a true freshmens? The way he's startling to develop offensively is making me wooly. That plus if Peters continuous to go off, these youngsters could dance this year. If we beat bammer Tue, I'll somewhat start to expect it. At the beginning I was just hoping for the NIT, so yeah, include in the Goal Post Movers club.

Dawgface
02-04-2018, 08:20 AM

+1. He's just doing his usual trolling.

Dawg61
02-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Is Ado a true freshmens? The way he's startling to develop offensively is making me wooly. That plus if Peters continuous to go off, these youngsters could dance this year. If we beat bammer Tue, I'll somewhat start to expect it. At the beginning I was just hoping for the NIT, so yeah, include in the Goal Post Movers club.

Good lord you're like the Italian army in WW2. 3 weeks ago you were trolling every game thread calling us shit and crying for Stansbury to return. Switching sides once you see we are winning isn't what it means to be in the goal post movers club.

WSOPdawg
02-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Good lord you're like the Italian army in WW2. 3 weeks ago you were trolling every game thread calling us shit and crying for Stansbury to return. Switching sides once you see we are winning isn't what it means to be in the goal post movers club.

Wow, pot meet kettle. OMG... from January 2nd: "Dawg61: "Bookmark my post. We won't get 1 win vs those seven teams (Auby, Arky, Bama, UT, Mizzou, UM, Vandy) and it's because Howland hasn't prepared us to play them."

Way go get on the train, Dawg61. Sometimes I really hate the way we eat our own. But yeah, seems like Bully13 isn't the only one in the goal post movers club with others who want to "switch sides once you see we are winning (your words, not mine)."

BrunswickDawg
02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Wow, pot meet kettle. OMG... from January 2nd: "Dawg61: "Bookmark my post. We won't get 1 win vs those seven teams (Auby, Arky, Bama, UT, Mizzou, UM, Vandy) and it's because Howland hasn't prepared us to play them."

Way go get on the train, Dawg61. Sometimes I really hate the way we eat our own. But yeah, seems like Bully13 isn't the only one in the goal post movers club with others who want to "switch sides once you see we are winning (your words, not mine)."
https://media1.tenor.com/images/a6c0d89f503a5d4796c890a770311093/tenor.gif?itemid=6233544

HoopsDawg
02-04-2018, 10:03 AM
Alright. To be fair, 34 has been saying Peters should be starting for a while. It was obvious, but he has been saying it.

Yeah, but he said Herard should be playing over Ado. We had a 2 page argument over it. Everyone knew we were a better team with Peters but he was playing out of control and not taking care of business off the court.

dawgday166
02-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Now why would you want to be "fair" to C34?? *** Just kidding.

ETA: To add to the "be fair" to C34 mantra, he's been very positive about this team and Howland last 2 or so weeks, or maybe even longer.

dawgday166
02-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Yeah, but he said Herard should be playing over Ado. We had a 2 page argument over it. Everyone knew we were a better team with Peters but he was playing out of control and not taking care of business off the court.

I think this is an accurate statement. Lot of folks tend to be too impatient with our newer coaches. People were all over Cann in a few early games last year too.

I've been in Howland camp whole time cause what I perceived him to be doing is trying to teach, develop, and discipline all without being destructive. I also think he learned something from the end of his UCLA days. When it hasn't worked out (Newman), just agree to part ways. And now it seems to be coming around.

shannondawg
02-04-2018, 10:48 AM
All in all, Howland has said he is now focusing on O, he said he has never put O before D until just lately, and it shows.

By the way who is the asst coach that seems to be directing a lot of the offensive plays?

PMDawg
02-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Awesome! Good job Coach, thanks for saving our season! You're the best!

Coach007
02-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Facts is facts

No. We have not been. He WAS (caps for emphasis on past) a bigger liability due to his ball hogging and self absorption..... and he said as much in the interview. I saw him hurt us more than helped us.

He seems to have turned the corner based on his interview because he seems to understand the "bad" and is making an effort to change that. He was not perfect with that yesterday. Too many no pass 3s and if he continues to do that and goes cold, we will lose the games we have to win. If he continues to do things like slow walk the ball up and then take it upon himself to drive in and ignore his team, we will lose game like Bama. He had our top 3 point shooter wide open and ended up walking rather than kicking it out to him.

Those things he has to change in order to compete with the best in the SEC and to have a shot at the tourney.

That's not saying he has not improved! Because he has. That's not putting him down.... that's assessment. I think he is going to be great and we need him to be. He seems to be humble enough to see the issue and address it.

Dawg61
02-04-2018, 12:27 PM

Your post is inaccurate. No way would I say we'd beat Kentucky but not Vandy. Fail

Bully13
02-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Your post is inaccurate. No way would I say we'd beat Kentucky but not Vandy. Fail

Is this a joke? Is your *** button working?

Dawg61
02-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Is this a joke? Is your *** button working?

Nope. He misquoted me. I said we wouldn't beat Kentucky, Florida, aTm. Not Ole Miss and Vandy. What is a joke is you chiming in on basketball threads. That is a joke.

Bully13
02-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Nope. He misquoted me. I said we wouldn't beat Kentucky, Florida, aTm. Not Ole Miss and Vandy. What is a joke is you chiming in on basketball threads. That is a joke.

You were seved dude. Dont rely on a slight hiccup to cover up the meat and potatoes. Man up.

WSOPdawg
02-04-2018, 01:48 PM
I didn't mis-quote you! C34 actually brought up a "loser wears a dress" challenge and what I quoted above is verbatim where you said: "Bookmark my post. We won't get 1 win vs those seven teams (Auby, Arky, Bama, UT, Mizzou, UM, Vandy) and it's because Howland hasn't prepared us to play them."

I bookmarked it, then we proceed to knock Arky off 1st game. You tried to change it to say UK was one of the teams before I reminded / corrected you of the 7 teams (listed above) that you were on your soapbox about us not beating. Fortunately, anybody that wants can go look it up from 20 pages back or so (right after our victory of Arky).

But I'm glad you're on the train, now. Hail State!!!

Coach34
02-04-2018, 02:02 PM
And Einstein I?m asking you why that was the situation. Why was Lamar suspended? Why wasn?t he starting? Subsequently why wasn?t he getting 1st team minutes to get in gear. You didn?t answer the question as usual. You answered what you thought was asked. I?d rather have a totem pole on the court vs Lamar 3+weeks ago.

That?s like saying after a guy goes 20-30 after a 10-200 slump that you knew he was gonna come through.

Holy shit, we aren?t that stupid. Well at least I?m not. Playing a player struggling mentally and subsequently physically on the court is not a good idea for anyone. The fact you tout it is scary. Hell I can predict that that any player who starts hitting 9 of 10 from mid range will get more playing time.

No one can predict what Lamar was going to go. We all knew his potential. We all saw his sloppy selfish play. We all knew he could be who he?s been the last 2 weeks, if he got his head in straight. Nobody, including Lamar knew if this would occur

So what the f*ck exactly did you predict? Did you predict that water is wet? And that fire is hot?

You might be able to dupe most posters, but you aren?t bringing your F*cking bullshit here. I’ll post you up, Mutombo style.

you arent doing shit- get outa here with your wannabe badass bullshit. Lamar was suspended for Moultrie Knee. The same reason we have had many other suspensions over the years and will continue to have suspensions for. I posted after we played Southern Miss that this team would not be worth a damn until Peters became the starting PG. Nobody- including you- replied that he will be later on in the season after he "starts acting right". My post was met with "Nick is our best player- you cant take him out as a starter" and "Carter scores too much to take him out of the line-up" and other crap.

So take your Motumbo bullshit back to the Little League field and go back to teaching 9 year olds how to hit. We got better the second Peters began starting and it should have happened a month ago. He isnt doing anything differently now that he was then. He had 17 shots last night with only 2 assists. Dont act like he has suddenly become something he hasnt

Coach34
02-04-2018, 02:03 PM

He got you 61. Own it

Dawg61
02-04-2018, 02:48 PM
He got you 61. Own it

He got me in the sense that I did say we wouldn't beat certain teams but his list is incorrect on which teams it was. Here is my original comment which I then added Florida to the list because I forgot to include them the first time.

Fact is Howland has failed to get our NCAA tourney resume ready and has failed to get us ready to compete in the SEC. Auburn, aTm, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama are all going to skull**** us. We have zero shot vs those teams because Howland hasn't spent the last two months getting us ready to play them.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?63084-Our-final-2-non-conference-basketball-opponents/page2&highlight=dress

tireddawg
02-04-2018, 03:11 PM
He got me in the sense that I did say we wouldn't beat certain teams but his list is incorrect on which teams it was. Here is my original comment which I then added Florida to the list because I forgot to include them the first time.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?63084-Our-final-2-non-conference-basketball-opponents/page2&highlight=dress

Are you some senile old 17 that's lost his mind? Cause you got 17ing owned.

tireddawg
02-04-2018, 03:16 PM
I would say Peter's has a little more positive attitude but basically just getting more pt.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-04-2018, 03:21 PM

I hate the way a contingent of our fan base acts. They bitch incessantly, call for people's heads, and predict crap like this. Then when things get good half of them disappear and the ones that stick around cop out with the ole "aww shucks I'm just so glad they proved me wrong".

Dawg61
02-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Are you some senile old 17 that's lost his mind? Cause you got 17ing owned.

If someone is trying to "own" someone they should make sure what they are saying is correct. He misquoted me. I corrected him. Do you think the 61 in my username has something to do with my age tireddawg? Boy you're like Sherlock Holmes with those detective skills but just like WSOPdawg you're wrong. 61 has nothing to do with my age.

Bully13
02-04-2018, 04:36 PM
If someone is trying to "own" someone they should make sure what they are saying is correct. He misquoted me. I corrected him. Do you think the 61 in my username has something to do with my age tireddawg? Boy you're like Sherlock Holmes with those detective skills but just like WSOPdawg you're wrong. 61 has nothing to do with my age.

If i were your attorney, id advise you to back off the keyboard. You should be embarrassed already, why make it worse?

Dawg61
02-04-2018, 04:44 PM
If i were your attorney, id advise you to back off the keyboard. You should be embarrassed already, why make it worse?

Embarrassed already over what exactly? I was wrong and I have admitted that multiple times in the last couple weeks. It doesn't seem to be enough for some of you though. We beat Arkansas and Missouri. Two teams I said we wouldn't beat so I was wrong about both of them. We haven't beat Kentucky, Auburn or Florida though and those are three teams I said we wouldn't beat either.

Bully13
02-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Embarrassed already over what exactly? I was wrong and I have admitted that multiple times in the last couple weeks. It doesn't seem to be enough for some of you though. We beat Arkansas and Missouri. Two teams I said we wouldn't beat so I was wrong about both of them. We haven't beat Kentucky, Auburn or Florida though and those are three teams I said we wouldn't beat either.

You had no right to jump on my ass just because I was bitching a while back and now I'm getting fired up. You did the same thing. You dont seem to be too smart. Its quite obvious, maybe you're just pretending to be xumb and just trolling.

Coach007
02-04-2018, 05:22 PM

So his misquote is what? Please explain that?

tireddawg
02-04-2018, 05:38 PM

Hence the question, no accusation. Just what popped in mind. I'm curious to know why you're not seeing what the rest of us see. I will admit, I shouldn't have cursed at you, you did nothing to me.

Dawg61
02-04-2018, 05:43 PM
So his misquote is what? Please explain that?

That I said we'd never beat Ole Miss and Vandy. Both are wrong. I never said we couldn't/wouldn't beat those two teams. He got the other schools correct but left out I said we wouldn't beat Kentucky, Florida and aTm. We are 0-2 vs those three. Texas A&M just beat USC by 30 at their house. We'll have to play very good to beat the Aggies in College Station.