PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Tomorrow - 3 point favorites at home....

RougeDawg
02-02-2018, 09:02 PM
I?ll admit that I?m actually looking forward for this game because of how well we have been playing and improving game to game. We have got to hold serve at Home now and if the recent improvement trend continues on the same trajectory, there is no reason we cannot.

msstate7
02-02-2018, 09:08 PM
We finally got over the hump on the road. We CANNOT cancel out that road win with a home loss.

99jc
02-02-2018, 09:18 PM
I?ll admit that I?m actually looking forward for this game because of how well we have been playing and improving game to game. We have got to hold serve at Home now and if the recent improvement trend continues on the same trajectory, there is no reason we cannot.

And people are talking NCAA bubble. This is still a team that is like 338 in the country in 3 point shooting and stink at free throws. We do play good defense I'll give them that but it's really hard to get excited yet. After years of suckatude it's going to take a few more victories to win the fan base back. The women's team is partially responsible as their success has increased expectations. A standing room only game against SC shows we will support a team that gives us a reason too especially those of us who live 4 hours plus one way to watch what has been a shit show.

msstate7
02-02-2018, 09:24 PM
And people are talking NCAA bubble. This is still a team that is like 338 in the country in 3 point shooting and stink at free throws. We do play good defense I'll give them that but it's really hard to get excited yet. After years of suckatude it's going to take a few more victories to win the fan base back. The women's team is partially responsible as their success has increased expectations. A standing room only game against SC shows we will support a team that gives us a reason too especially those of us who live 4 hours plus one way to watch what has been a shit show.

This men team deserves support. They are 16-6 and fighting to get in the tourney. I do not care about the last several years... this year, this team has earned the right to have a home court advantage

whosyourdawgy
02-02-2018, 09:26 PM
Maten has kicked our asses over his career. We don’t really have the body type to match up with him well. Holman is gonna start out guarding him and gonna get pushed around. Hopefully he doesn’t get in foul trouble early

99jc
02-02-2018, 09:33 PM
This men team deserved support. They are 16-6 and fighting to get in the tourney. I do not care about the last several years... this year, this team has earned the right to have a home court advantage

I used to be passionate as you about basketball I hope that feeling returns.

MCsMGs
02-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Maten has kicked our asses over his career. We don?t really have the body type to match up with him well. Holman is gonna start out guarding him and gonna get pushed around. Hopefully he doesn?t get in foul trouble early

Key will be to deny him the ball and keep a body on him so he doesn't kill us on the boards. Also, if we can get our guards penetrating and draw some fouls on him early, we can neutralize him.

msstate7
02-02-2018, 10:24 PM
Key will be to deny him the ball and keep a body on him so he doesn't kill us on the boards. Also, if we can get our guards penetrating and draw some fouls on him early, we can neutralize him.

Also if it is a maten vs Holman matchup, make maten defend Holman on the perimeter. Holman has 3 inches on him, and can probably shoot over him from outside

Dawg61
02-02-2018, 10:27 PM
I am just thrilled Georgia doesn't have Frazier anymore. That dude killed us for what seemed like 8 years.

msstate7
02-02-2018, 10:29 PM
I am just thrilled Georgia doesn't have Frazier anymore. That dude killed us for what seemed like 8 years.

I was there for his coming out party. He scored like 60** in the hump vs Ray

MCsMGs
02-02-2018, 10:36 PM

No kidding...that sumbeach had at least two, maybe three career highs against us! I was never so happy to see anyone in SEC basketball graduate than him.

Now it looks like we're gonna have to put up with Brown at Auburn doing the same damn thing!

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2018, 10:42 PM
This men team deserves support. They are 16-6 and fighting to get in the tourney. I do not care about the last several years... this year, this team has earned the right to have a home court advantage

I'd be there but I have prior commitments. That being said it still is a mark of how far we have fallen that we all, me includeded, are so fired up over a road victory over a middle of the road team at best this year. We HAVE to win tomorrow. I think we will.

Dawg61
02-02-2018, 10:51 PM
I'd be there but I have prior commitments. That being said it still is a mark of how far we have fallen that we all, me includeded, are so fired up over a road victory over a middle of the road team at best this year. We HAVE to win tomorrow. I think we will.

Last time our RPI was this high Stansbury totally shit the bed and got himself fired. Remember that.

MCsMGs
02-02-2018, 10:52 PM

I live 4 hours each way from campus and I have only missed 3 home games this year. One was the Vandy game when the roads were iced over. Made it to Tuscaloosa and Jackson too and all of the exhibition games.

I made it to at least half of the home games and a couple of road games during the RR years too...

Tomorrow would be a great day to load up and make that ride!

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Last time our RPI was this high Stansbury totally shit the bed and got himself fired. Remember that.

You are one obcessed guy with Stans. You and 34 are the only "MSU fans" I know that ever bring him up now however many years later. He is two schools removed from us, and we are two hires removed from him. Time to let him go 61, whatever your obcecessionwith him is.

Dawg61
02-02-2018, 11:22 PM

You are one obcessed guy with Stans. You and 34 are the only "MSU fans" I know that ever bring him up now however many years later. He is two schools removed from us, and we are two hires removed from him. Time to let him go 61, whatever your obcecessionwith him is.

You brought him up Liverpool. This was a very nice thread till you came in and shit on the walls. Like always.

Coach34
02-02-2018, 11:25 PM

thats bullshit and you know it. And stop dragging me into threads- thats 2 now on the front page where I made zero mention of Stands but you keep throwing me out there

Zildjan
02-03-2018, 11:37 AM
I consider it a win that there is a thread on any board where anyone gives .05 of a shit about a mens basketball game as bad as we have been for several years. It's just nice to be somewhat interested again. Beats the shit out of the last several years.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 11:42 AM
You brought him up Liverpool. This was a very nice thread till you came in and shit on the walls. Like always.

Actually you did. I never mentioned him, or anything to do with him. We just need to win today.

BrunswickDawg
02-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Good lord you are terrible.

I showed in a thread earlier this week where we are exactly where we were at the first of Februray all but 3 of Stands seasons - roughly 6 losses on average and roughly .500 in SEC play on average. Even going back through 90 - our seasons have been made or broken in February. Turn in your fan card. No one wants people like you.

Bully13
02-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Not understanding why we're not favoured by more.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 12:05 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/11TQcOs1yIfh6/giphy.gif

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 12:40 PM

I showed in a thread earlier this week where we are exactly where we were at the first of Februray all but 3 of Stands seasons - roughly 6 losses on average and roughly .500 in SEC play on average. Even going back through 90 - our seasons have been made or broken in February. Turn in your fan card. No one wants people like you.

How about compared to the last 6 years? We ARE doing better there and that's why we are excited. That was our first road win in over a year. THAT was my point. It had nothing at all to do with Stansbury, nothing. Y'all need to let Stans go.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 12:56 PM
That being said it still is a mark of how far we have fallen that we all, me includeded, are so fired up over a road victory over a middle of the road team at best this year.

How about compared to the last 6 years? We ARE doing better there and that's why we are excited. That was our first road win in over a year. THAT was my point. It had nothing at all to do with Stansbury, nothing. Y'all need to let Stans go.

This is a lie. We had played 5 road games this year before we beat USC. We aren't just doing better than our last 6 years we are doing better than our last 8 years of basketball including the last 3 with Stansbury. Your point was that our basketball program has fallen considerably to the point we are excited about finally winning a road game (after only 5 other ones this year we didn't win) as compared to what? Stansbury's program. You brought him up with that comment and we corrected you multiple times because Howland is not only doing better than all of Ray and his first two years (5 years total now) but he is ALSO doing better than Stansbury's last 3 years (now 8 years total). Then Brunswick added that Howland is not only doing better than the last 8 years of MSU basketball but he is actually doing better than or equal to all of Stansbury's entire career except for only 3 seasons. So in Summary Howland is doing better than or equal to 16 of the last 19 basketball seasons which means that our program right now has NOT fallen so far that we celebrate a road victory but is in FACT doing better than or equal to 16 of the last 19 seasons including 11 seasons that Stansbury was the coach. Don't throw shade at Howland and be surprised when you get smacked down like a bitch.

BrunswickDawg
02-03-2018, 01:09 PM

You can not have it both ways. Yes, people are excited because after six years of shit, we have diffenitively turned a corner. However, your statement of “how far we have fallen” implies that we are excited about something that should be considered far below our standards. As I proved earlier in the week, that is a false perception. We are playing at the level we attained during in all but our 3-4 best seasons over the last 30 years. And because of that, people excited because we have the opportunity to compete the way we did in February in years of old. Saying that you won’t buy into that shows what kind of a fan you are.

So, one more time for good measure - at the start of February, this team has us exactly where we have been in all but 3 seasons (02, 03, 04) during our “glory years” - roughly 6 overall losses and at .500 in SEC play. As was true in all those seasons, our play in February will determine our fate. The best part is all 9 of our remaining games are winnable games - so it up to us how we do.

If you can’t get on board with that, get excited about that, and support our team during that,

https://media.tenor.com/images/b8349dd14fa6fc6d2cb753b80fe4f4cb/tenor.gif

Ari Gold
02-03-2018, 01:10 PM
CBH is the guy that can get us to where we haven’t been in over 2 decades .
That’s past round 2 of the tourney

Ari Gold
02-03-2018, 01:13 PM
You can not have it both ways. Yes, people are excited because after six years of shit, we have diffenitively turned a corner. However, your statement of “how far we have fallen” implies that we are excited about something that should be considered far below our standards. As I proved earlier in the week, that is a false perception. We are playing at the level we attained during in all but our 3-4 best seasons over the last 30 years. And because of that, people excited because we have the opportunity to compete the way we did in February in years of old. Saying that you won’t buy into that shows what kind of a fan you are.

So, one more time for good measure - at the start of February, this team has us exactly where we have been in all but 3 seasons (02, 03, 04) during our “glory years” - roughly 6 overall losses and at .500 in SEC play. As was true in all those seasons, our play in February will determine our fate. The best part is all 9 of our remaining games are winnable games - so it up to us how we do.

If you can’t get on board with that, get excited about that, and support our team during that,

https://media.tenor.com/images/b8349dd14fa6fc6d2cb753b80fe4f4cb/tenor.gif

I’m going to have to charge you a fine for Copyright infringement
I didn’t give you permission to use My Gif.
But at least you did put it to good use.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 01:39 PM
This is a lie. We had played 5 road games this year before we beat USC. We aren't just doing better than our last 6 years we are doing better than our last 8 years of basketball including the last 3 with Stansbury. Your point was that our basketball program has fallen considerably to the point we are excited about finally winning a road game (after only 5 other ones this year we didn't win) as compared to what? Stansbury's program. You brought him up with that comment and we corrected you multiple times because Howland is not only doing better than all of Ray and his first two years (5 years total now) but he is ALSO doing better than Stansbury's last 3 years (now 8 years total). Then Brunswick added that Howland is not only doing better than the last 8 years of MSU basketball but he is actually doing better than or equal to all of Stansbury's entire career except for only 3 seasons. So in Summary Howland is doing better than or equal to 16 of the last 19 basketball seasons which means that our program right now has NOT fallen so far that we celebrate a road victory but is in FACT doing better than or equal to 16 of the last 19 seasons including 11 seasons that Stansbury was the coach. Don't throw shade at Howland and be surprised when you get smacked down like a bitch.

I did not reference Stansbury, bring him up, or even think about him when I made that first post. You did that. You are arguing with yourself again. I wasn't throwing shade in Howland at all. How you could get that from anything I posted is interesting. Again, you are assigning a postion to someone that they didn't take and then arguing against it. In other words arguing with yourself. Is your last name Bragg by any chance?

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 01:40 PM
CBH is the guy that can get us to where we haven’t been in over 2 decades .
That’s past round 2 of the tourney

I think so too. If he can't we are screwed.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 02:16 PM
That being said it still is a mark of how far we have fallen that we all, me includeded, are so fired up over a road victory over a middle of the road team at best this year.

This is where you referenced Stansbury. In order to fall from something you have to have come from something. You are implying we have fallen from the Stansbury era so much that we would celebrate a road victory right here.

I did not reference Stansbury, bring him up, or even think about him when I made that first post.

This is a ****ing lie. Read above. Your act is tired. Give it up already and quit lying all the damn time. You put your foot half way thru a door to get a reaction and then act like a five year old after you get exactly what you wanted to get. I don't know what your Bragg comments are about but I am assuming it's political and you know to keep politics off the main board.

Bully13
02-03-2018, 02:38 PM
This is where you referenced Stansbury. In order to fall from something you have to have come from something. You are implying we have fallen from the Stansbury era so much that we would celebrate a road victory right here.

This is a ****ing lie. Read above. Your act is tired. Give it up already and quit lying all the damn time. You put your foot half way thru a door to get a reaction and then act like a five year old after you get exactly what you wanted to get. I don't know what your Bragg comments are about but I am assuming it's political and you know to keep politics off the main board.

that's a little harsh, uncalled for with multiple assumptions. kinda like looking for conflict. the political police on this board are highly sensitive . it's really getting annoying.

on the other hand, playing down our road win against USCe just plain sucks. winning on the road against a final 4 team from a year ago that currently sits on the tourney bubble is not chump change . the only bad game was against UF and I think we are a better team today than back then.

I'm starting to have hope.

99jc
02-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Whores at a Baptist revival.i have little confidence this team can sustain a level of play to get us 19 wins....I hope I am wrong I miss having competitive teams in basketball.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 02:52 PM
that's a little harsh, uncalled for with multiple assumptions. kinda like looking for conflict. the political police on this board are highly sensitive . it's really getting annoying.

No it's not multiple assumptions it's one assumption. Liverpool called me "Bragg" and I am assuming that is a political reference. That is one assumption not multiple assumptions.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Whores at a Baptist revival.i have little confidence this team can sustain a level of play to get us 19 wins....I hope I am wrong I miss having competitive teams in basketball.

We have 16 wins already and a guaranteed 10 more games left. You have little confidence we can't go a minimum 3-7 over those 10 games to get to 19 wins? You dumb

Bully13
02-03-2018, 03:01 PM
No it's not multiple assumptions it's one assumption. Liverpool called me "Bragg" and I am assuming that is a political reference. That is one assumption not multiple assumptions.

he didn't mention Stans until you did first and I have no idea who "Bragg" even is.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 03:13 PM

he didn't mention Stans until you did first and I have no idea who "Bragg" even is.

But he did mention Stansbury when he implied our basketball program has fallen so far that we would celebrate a road victory. You don't have to mention Stansbury by name for the reader to know who you're referencing when you imply our basketball program has fallen from somewhere better than where it currently is. If you don't know who Bragg is than you're just complaining that I said "keep politics on the political board" which is ridiculous.

99jc
02-03-2018, 03:16 PM
We have 16 wins already and a guaranteed 10 more games left. You have little confidence we can't go a minimum 3-7 over those 10 games to get to 19 wins? You dumb

Nm

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 03:26 PM
So I am shit for brains cause I believe our 16-6 basketball team will do better than 2-8 in the final 10 games. Ok.

BeardoMSU
02-03-2018, 03:52 PM
This thread is fun...

https://media.tenor.com/images/bf1487ecd691d7af8255732371ffbd6e/tenor.gif
http://i.imgur.com/OMsXf.gif
http://49.media.tumblr.com/e83130e9bd4427de63d5fa93e9448091/tumblr_o17ei32RGC1s2wio8o1_500.gif

RougeDawg
02-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Not quite the way I had envisioned the threat going but entertaining nonetheless.

Honestly, we have a team that has a chance to make a push for the big dance with a string of W?s and we have people still arguing over a coach that left us in flames. A dumpster fire so to speak. Yes he won more consistently than most coaches we?ve had but he never took the next step. Like Don Merlin?s, they were their own worst enemy and wouldn?t make the necessary changes to take the next step.

We now have coaches who appear to be in better position and more willing to do the things needed for that next step. Let?s enjoy being competitive in every game and root for our guys to keep improving. If we make tourney I?ll see you all there.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-03-2018, 04:49 PM
For those of you trying to discredit the Mizzou win and suggesting they were about to drop off the face of the Earth, they beat Kentucky today.

msstate7
02-03-2018, 04:53 PM
For those of you trying to discredit the Mizzou win and suggesting they were about to drop off the face of the Earth, they beat Kentucky today.

After winning at bama wed

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 04:59 PM

As I said, I was not referring to Stansbury. You just see Stansbury in everything I say when it comes to basketball. I really think it's funny how obcessed you are with Stansbury.

The Bragg reference has nothing to do with politics. Once again you make up a postion and assign it to someone and use it to bash them. I'll explain it to you. It's one of my favorite stories from history. Most people know that Braxton Bragg was one of the highest ranking Confederate generals. He was renowned for his prickly personality. Like nearly all of the highest ranking generals on both sides in that war he was a long serving officer in the pre-war US Army. When he was a captain he was serving as a company commander at a western frontier fort. The army was always short handed in those days and many officers had to pull double duty. Bragg was also tapped to serve as the fort's supply officer. The men in Bragg's company needed shoes. As the company commander he requested, in writing, new shoes for his men from the fort supply officer, himself. As the fort supply officer he denied the request, also in writing. As the company commander he appealed this decision, again in writing. Putting on his other hat, he denied the request again and explained the reasons for doing so, once again in writing. This went on for a few weeks and several rounds of exchanges with himself in writing. Finally in despair he presented this controversy to the fort commander in hopes he could resolve it. The commander took one look at the written exchange and said, My god Captian Bragg! You have quarreled with every officer in the Army and now you are quarreling with yourself!" True story. That's how I look at what you do a lot of times.

Bully13
02-03-2018, 05:04 PM
But he did mention Stansbury when he implied our basketball program has fallen so far that we would celebrate a road victory. You don't have to mention Stansbury by name for the reader to know who you're referencing when you imply our basketball program has fallen from somewhere better than where it currently is. If you don't know who Bragg is than you're just complaining that I said "keep politics on the political board" which is ridiculous.

since we've had 2 bad years under BH, and several bad ones under Ray, its not an automatic that he was talking about Stans. and do you know who "bragg" is ? if so , please let me know because I have no idea. and the political police are indeed getting annoying by the way.

RougeDawg
02-03-2018, 05:25 PM
After winning at bama wed

I think us having played the best teams early, will set us up well for a nice run during the 2nd half of conference.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 05:34 PM

As I said, I was not referring to Stansbury.

Not letting you off the hook Liverpool. When you say "That being said it still is a mark of how far we have fallen that we all, me includeded, are so fired up over a road victory over a middle of the road team at best this year." Exactly when and who was the coach that we have fallen so far from that we are fired up over a road victory over a middle of the road team at best this year? Who was the coach when we were supposedly so much higher of a program that we now have fallen to this level where we'd be fired up over a road win? Who was that coach then Liverpool? When exactly was this?

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 05:38 PM
and the political police are indeed getting annoying by the way.

You literally have a political board just for you to puke crap over all day long. Which you do all day long. You do not need this board to be lax on people talking political crap on here too. Know why? Cause you already have an entire board for you and everyone else to talk political crap on already.

BulldogDX55
02-03-2018, 05:40 PM
20 til tip-off. Hump is maybe 20% full.

Yuck.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Not letting you off the hook Liverpool. When you say "That being said it still is a mark of how far we have fallen that we all, me includeded, are so fired up over a road victory over a middle of the road team at best this year." Exactly when and who was the coach that we have fallen so far from that we are fired up over a road victory over a middle of the road team at best this year? Who was the coach when we were supposedly so much higher of a program that we now have fallen to this level where we'd be fired up over a road win? Who was that coach then Liverpool? When exactly was this?

It was a generic reference to how bad we have been the last 5 years man. I had no thought of Stansbury in that post, none. You brought him up, not me. Heck, if you want to get technical the fall started long before we fired Stans. It certainly started before Sidney ever got to campus. Again you inserted Stans into this thread. Just stop doing it if you don't like it. I wish you would honestly. Nearly everybody but you and one or two more have.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 05:44 PM
You literally have a political board just for you to puke crap over all day long. Which you do all day long. You do not need this board to be lax on people talking political crap on here too. Know why? Cause you already have an entire board for you and everyone else to talk political crap on already.

As I pointed out the only political thing in my post was in your mind. There was absolutely nothing to do with politics mentioned.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 05:55 PM
As I pointed out the only political thing in my post was in your mind. There was absolutely nothing to do with politics mentioned.

Cool. Wasn't talking to you and I'll drop the Stansbury shit in this thread. My point was made as was yours.

BeardoMSU
02-03-2018, 05:56 PM

Pretty sure that was directed to Bully13's "political police" comment...

RocketDawg
02-03-2018, 06:03 PM
I'd rather see our game than wrestling. And this isn't even real wrestling ... no body slams, no chairs over the head, no big jumps. **

starkvegasdawg
02-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Seriously preempted by wrestling?

RocketDawg
02-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Seriously preempted by wrestling?

I'll bet if you asked 100 people at random, 99 would say they'd rather see basketball.

starkvegasdawg
02-03-2018, 06:06 PM
I'll bet if you asked 100 people at random, 99 would say they'd rather see basketball.

I agree. This looks like something Yancy or Shep might enjoy, though.

RocketDawg
02-03-2018, 06:08 PM
I agree. This looks like something Yancy or Shep might enjoy, though.

There's a lot more action in curling, and I know the rules there better too. This is about the most boring thing I've ever seen.

Bully13
02-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure that was directed to Bully13's "political police" comment...

Nope. I was asking why 61 was accusing liver of politics when it didnt look so.

tcdog70
02-03-2018, 10:51 PM

You had Moultrie get hurt(knee**) you had KY knock Hood out of the game with US up 7. We played our last 4 games short handed.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 11:26 PM
You had Moultrie get hurt(knee**) you had KY knock Hood out of the game with US up 7. We played our last 4 games short handed.

Dee Bost, Arnett Moultrie, Rodney Hood, Renardo Sidney and still can't make it to the tournament. Stansbury was a ****ing disaster by the end of his run. We had no bench at all. Wanna hear the bench on that team?

Wendell Lewis
Roq Johnson
Deville Smith
Shaun Smith
Jalen Steele

That was a ****ing disaster of a roster. Year 14 and that's what he had collected with 13 scholarships to give out.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2018, 11:30 PM
Dee Bost, Arnett Moultrie, Rodney Hood, Renardo Sidney and still can't make it to the tournament. Stansbury was a ****ing disaster by the end of his run. We had no bench at all. Wanna hear the bench on that team?

Wendell Lewis
Roq Johnson
Deville Smith
Shaun Smith
Jalen Steele

That was a ****ing disaster of a roster. Year 14 and that's what he had collected with 13 scholarships to give out.

Bost was a bigger problem than some of the more celebrated problems.

Dawg61
02-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Bost was a bigger problem than some of the more celebrated problems.

Very true. Deville Smith smoked fake weed to the point of going insane. Literally. We had a mental patient as a backup PG and he was like the 5th biggest cancer on the team. Not good when literally mentally insane people aren't the worst problems on the team.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2018, 01:35 AM
Very true. Deville Smith smoked fake weed to the point of going insane. Literally. We had a mental patient as a backup PG and he was like the 5th biggest cancer on the team. Not good when literally mentally insane people aren't the worst problems on the team.

My Dad was an old coach. We were in our last years of a wonderful 20+ year run as season ticket holders together. We sat way down low with an excellent view down the MSU bench. We saw Bost do some stuff there that made the Old Coach just shake his head. "He wouldn't play for me" the old man would say.