PDA

View Full Version : Mid-week GA QB Commit News

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Brief story on the Elijah situation in today's Marietta paper: http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story_sports/23753413/article-Staley-dismissed-from-Wheeler-football-team?instance=secondary_story_left_column I look forward to seeing Elijah on the floor in January!

On a more upbeat note - Nick Fitzgerald was named SouthernPigskin Player of the Week by the Coastal GA ESPN Radio affiliate. On the way home from work yesterday, they reviewed his effort against Glynn Academy, noting that Les Koenning was at the game last week. They commented that Koenning's "eyes lit up" on Nick's big 55 yard TD run and that "you could tell that MSU coaches know they have something special with Nick". Their analysis was actually pretty close to mine - they knew he had a good arm, despite the low numbers, but they were very impressed with his running of the option game, his speed, and his willingness to pound a defense when on the run - "this kid is a special talent and will make an impact at the next level."

FISHDAWG
10-03-2013, 09:31 AM
shaping up to be a good looking competition for QB in a couple years .... have we ever been this deep at QB before ? .... talking about depth & competition

SheltonChoked
10-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks again for the updates.

maroonmania
10-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Brief story on the Elijah situation in today's Marietta paper: http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story_sports/23753413/article-Staley-dismissed-from-Wheeler-football-team?instance=secondary_story_left_column I look forward to seeing Elijah on the floor in January!

On a more upbeat note - Nick Fitzgerald was named SouthernPigskin Player of the Week by the Coastal GA ESPN Radio affiliate. On the way home from work yesterday, they reviewed his effort against Glynn Academy, noting that Les Koenning was at the game last week. They commented that Koenning's "eyes lit up" on Nick's big 55 yard TD run and that "you could tell that MSU coaches know they have something special with Nick". Their analysis was actually pretty close to mine - they knew he had a good arm, despite the low numbers, but they were very impressed with his running of the option game, his speed, and his willingness to pound a defense when on the run - "this kid is a special talent and will make an impact at the next level."

QB situation shaping up. With Williams already playing and if we play Staley or Fitzgerald next year and RS the other we would have a QB in each class which is really ideally what you want to have.