PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here use a bay boat in a lake or river? I want to buy a boat, but...

IMissJack
02-01-2018, 06:55 PM
want one that is multifunctional. A friend recommended an aluminum bay boat 20ft or so with center console.

Uncle Ruckus
02-01-2018, 09:13 PM
I’ve been on and drove plenty of bay boats in bays, open oceans and rivers. I like Sea Hunts, but they come with Yamaha’s and I’m a Mercury guy

Howboutdemdogs
02-01-2018, 09:50 PM
I been thinking the same thing. Would love a bay boat for the Tombigbee, and then haul it to the Coast for Specks and Reds.

BeastMan
02-02-2018, 09:00 AM
An aluminum cc sounds perfect for what want. They perform fine in lakes and rivers. I’ve never understood why you don’t see more on the Rez where I am.

SpeckleDawg
02-02-2018, 10:22 AM
I agree that it would be the perfect "do-all" boat for you. A bay boat does much better in bass boat waters than a bass boat does in bay boat waters.

BeastMan
02-02-2018, 11:26 AM
I agree that it would be the perfect "do-all" boat for you. A bay boat does much better in bass boat waters than a bass boat does in bay boat waters.

This is the best way you can say it

State82
02-05-2018, 09:26 AM
I've always had bass boats for many years and have been boatless for several years now and it's killin' me. But I can assure you my next one will be a bay boat. I will use it in Ross Barnett, some oxbows occasionally and south Louisiana. If I had my choice right now it would be the Xpress H20 or H22 Bay.

Duckdawg
02-13-2018, 10:44 AM
I bought a War Eagle 2170 Blackhawk CC year before last and LOVE it! Use it for marsh fishing primarily, but also pleasure boating, crappie fishing, whatever. Built like a tank, if I scratch it I just spray the scratch with white paint and you never know it was there. Rhino lined the inside so clean up is a breeze.

Offshore Dawg
02-17-2018, 01:35 PM
With the bay boat you can use it in all types of water. The bay boat has the corrosion protection so you wan't have to replace the electrical system from the exposure to salt water. Put a bass boat in the bay and you will need to be changing out all electric lines and connections.