PDA

View Full Version : Southern Miss series sold out

Choctaw Dawg
02-01-2018, 02:14 PM
So, the Southern Miss series sold out in 15 minutes when they offered tickets to the non season ticket holder public today. If you plan on going and don't have tickets yet, good luck paying less than $500 for a ticket from the buzzards

LC Dawg
02-01-2018, 03:05 PM
My buddy called the ticket office this morning and someone told him they just sold all the tickets to guys that put them on StubHub. They said that was the school's secondary market.

Tbonewannabe
02-01-2018, 03:19 PM
My buddy called the ticket office this morning and someone told him they just sold all the tickets to guys that put them on StubHub. They said that was the school's secondary market.

Can someone let Cohen know that we don't give a shit about funding USM's athletic department. How many times does USM have to dick over the MSU fans before the athletic department says 17 em?

The Federalist Engineer
02-01-2018, 03:30 PM
$500 for 3 games, really?

I'm going to watch MSU sweep Mizzou in Columbia, MO for $25 and that's includes parking, a coke, and a hot-dog

HossDawg97
02-01-2018, 03:36 PM
Right now on StubHub they range from $50 to $300 depending on the day and seating location.

PMDawg
02-01-2018, 03:49 PM
I was gonna go, but eff em.

Cooterpoot
02-01-2018, 04:27 PM
They're going to be terrible this year. They have absolutely no pitching. After we skull drag them one game, prices will bottom out.

bigplayslay
02-01-2018, 05:14 PM
Growing up in Hattiesburg made me hate southern so much. They’re fans are so ignorant just like UCF. I have now brought friends to the football game in 2015 and the regionals this past year. Their fans have not been welcoming at all sometimes even including people I know. I’m glad all my friends now see why I dislike them so much.

Todd4State
02-01-2018, 05:53 PM
I don't like the schedule this year. I haven't complained about it because I understand it's because of the new ballpark.

I'm not real wild about playing USM in Hattiesburg or Starkville for a weekend series. Midweek in Starkville or Hattiesburg? Maybe. I prefer to play them in Pearl- which we aren't this year I assume because of the opening series.

Even worse- we play Jackson State AT Jackson State. That needs to be moved to Smith-Wills or Pearl. We also play FIVE SWAC teams. That's too many. Two-three should be our max with SWAC teams.

AusTexDawg
02-01-2018, 06:28 PM
I don't like the schedule this year. I haven't complained about it because I understand it's because of the new ballpark.

I'm not real wild about playing USM in Hattiesburg or Starkville for a weekend series. Midweek in Starkville or Hattiesburg? Maybe. I prefer to play them in Pearl- which we aren't this year I assume because of the opening series.

Even worse- we play Jackson State AT Jackson State. That needs to be moved to Smith-Wills or Pearl. We also play FIVE SWAC teams. That's too many. Two-three should be our max with SWAC teams.

Assuming we win the JSU and Alabama State games (which I have no reason to think otherwise at this point), does the extra RPI bump for playing them on the road (instead of the RPI penalty we would get if they were home games) negate the RPI drag of two more games against the SWAC? That would seem to be the main benefit of playing JSU at their place instead of Smith-Wills or Trustmark Park (although with the reduced revenue from fewer homes games, we may have wanted to avoid whatever rental fee there is for those facilites). I'm not actually worried about our RPI given our road schedule, but I am curious how it works out in the RPI.

I agree that the schedule should have 2-3 SWAC games, tops. As I've mentioned before, we could trade one of those SWAC games for a game against Delta State and get an entertaining home game with no RPI drag at all.

IMissJack
02-01-2018, 07:02 PM
I will be at the tournament in Houston, TX since I live there. Hope a lot of dogs make the trip to see where the World Champion Astros play!

BuckyIsAB****
02-01-2018, 07:04 PM
They're going to be terrible this year. They have absolutely no pitching. After we skull drag them one game, prices will bottom out.

They're going to be good. 2 out of 3 vs them would be big on the road. This place will be nuclear if we lose the series though

RougeDawg
02-01-2018, 08:40 PM
I will be at the tournament in Houston, TX since I live there. Hope a lot of dogs make the trip to see where the World Champion Astros play!

They still have that bar across from home plate, called Home Plate? I frequented that establishment when I moved there fresh out of school. Talk about a change of scenery from starkville to living in downtown Houston. I loved it and will most likely be back if I remain with current company.

Cooterpoot
02-01-2018, 09:23 PM
They're going to be good. 2 out of 3 vs them would be big on the road. This place will be nuclear if we lose the series though

They have absolutely no pitching. Nada. If we’re decent we’ll sweep them. Lost a lot of good players last year.

Todd4State
02-01-2018, 09:23 PM
Assuming we win the JSU and Alabama State games (which I have no reason to think otherwise at this point), does the extra RPI bump for playing them on the road (instead of the RPI penalty we would get if they were home games) negate the RPI drag of two more games against the SWAC? That would seem to be the main benefit of playing JSU at their place instead of Smith-Wills or Trustmark Park (although with the reduced revenue from fewer homes games, we may have wanted to avoid whatever rental fee there is for those facilites). I'm not actually worried about our RPI given our road schedule, but I am curious how it works out in the RPI.

I agree that the schedule should have 2-3 SWAC games, tops. As I've mentioned before, we could trade one of those SWAC games for a game against Delta State and get an entertaining home game with no RPI drag at all.

I think our RPI would be fine as long as we don't lose to a SWAC team. That's a killer. Where I think it could hurt us potentially is in SOS- obviously we do have a ton of road and neutral site games that could offset some of the damage but at the same it also offsets any "advantage" we might get from playing so many road games because it will drag our numbers down.

I love the idea of playing Delta State- but I imagine we're waiting to see if the NCAA approves the four pre-season games for baseball before we entertain scheduling them at all.

Todd4State
02-01-2018, 09:24 PM

I plan on being there as well. This is the one pre-season tournament that I really want to go to on my baseball bucket list.

BuckyIsAB****
02-01-2018, 09:29 PM
They have absolutely no pitching. Nada. If we’re decent we’ll sweep them. Lost a lot of good players last year.

We lost one of the best hitters in school history too. They are gonna be good on offense. Theyre a top 25-30 team. I bet they make the tourney again.

PassInterference
02-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Shouldn?t Stub Hub prices drop when people don?t pony up stupid prices?

Cooterpoot
02-01-2018, 09:50 PM
We lost one of the best hitters in school history too. They are gonna be good on offense. Theyre a top 25-30 team. I bet they make the tourney again.

Look, I see them on a regular basis and work with a couple player parents. I’ve got a kid there. They might hit a little, but when I say they have NO pitching, I mean they don’t even ANYTHING. They’ll be a low seed this year and barely get in IMO.

sleepy dawg
02-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Shouldn?t Stub Hub prices drop when people don?t pony up stupid prices?

They'll come down, but they're going to make money on this most likely. Some folks will end up paying, then they'll start to come down and more people will buy, and so on up until the game.

BuckyIsAB****
02-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Look, I see them on a regular basis and work with a couple player parents. I’ve got a kid there. They might hit a little, but when I say they have NO pitching, I mean they don’t even ANYTHING. They’ll be a low seed this year and barely get in IMO.

I hope you're right. Im just going by what they have coming back on O youd know better than me

AusTexDawg
02-02-2018, 10:45 AM

I plan on being there as well. This is the one pre-season tournament that I really want to go to on my baseball bucket list.

I'll be there, too. Going to a couple games in Corpus Christi the preceding weekend, too. I only wish the Houston tourney had been set up as a Big XII-SEC challenge or had at least one of our games against a bigger name (even though I think we have some quality competition, especially with everyone Sam Houston State brings back (https://collegebaseballcentral.com/college-baseball-countdown-28-days-go-sam-houston-states-returning-roster/16902/))

parabrave
02-02-2018, 10:52 AM
They still have that bar across from home plate, called Home Plate? I frequented that establishment when I moved there fresh out of school. Talk about a change of scenery from starkville to living in downtown Houston. I loved it and will most likely be back if I remain with current company.

I was in there 2 years ago/ Heavily overpriced and service really sucked.

Tbonewannabe
02-02-2018, 10:56 AM
I hope you're right. Im just going by what they have coming back on O youd know better than me

Our pitching > their hitting no matter who they have coming back. We will probably have one of the better staffs in the country so I think we have a good shot to win the series and possibly sweep.