PDA

View Full Version : Get to work Stansbury lovers...

Dawg61
02-01-2018, 12:15 PM
you need to push those goalposts back a little farther for Howland again.

https://pics.me.me/moving-the-goalposts-stick-figures-are-drawings-because-we-are-29554470.png

Coach007
02-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Why is it only those who hate Stansbury are the ones making threads about stansbury?

L
e
t

g
o

It serves zero purpose

shannondawg
02-01-2018, 12:23 PM
I think he has a man crush on him!

Dawg61
02-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Why is it only those who hate Stansbury are the ones making threads about stansbury?

I don't hate Stansbury I hate his devoted following that are still holding our basketball program hostage because they think it's their only way to show firing Stansbury was a mistake.

BeastMan
02-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Coach, change your signature or you’ll force me to change it. No politics on the main board, signatures included. There is a politics board for that type of thing.

msstate7
02-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Coach, change your signature or you’ll force me to change it. No politics on the main board, signatures included. There is a politics board for that type of thing.

Wow. A picture of trump is considered political now? Damn

Cooterpoot
02-01-2018, 12:46 PM
I'll play (even though I couldn't care less about Stands). 1-12 in our last 13 road games. Not a lot to brag about. Let's keep winning first.
I'll give Howland props for finally getting a road win and because we won when our defense wasn't great and we made free throws. We moved the ball well too against a good defensive team. Still, got to keep the ball rolling.

msstate7
02-01-2018, 12:50 PM
I'll play (even though I couldn't care less about Stands). 1-12 in our last 13 road games. Not a lot to brag about. Let's keep winning first.
I'll give Howland props for finally getting a road win and because we won when our defense wasn't great and we made free throws. We moved the ball well too against a good defensive team. Still, got to keep the ball rolling.

Lord knows I have been critical of our basketball team this year at times, but I think our road record this year is a product of youth. We were a couple plays from winning bama and OM. If we win either, we are probably a projected tourney team right now. At home, we have 1 lose vs a top 10 team in which we had a double digit lead in the 2nd half. If howland can keep this group together for the most part this offseason, we will be at least a 3 seed next season

TimberBeast
02-01-2018, 12:53 PM

My paycheck went up this week, that's probably considered political too.

bluelightstar
02-01-2018, 12:56 PM

...Is a picture of the president with a political caption political? That's your real question.

msstate7
02-01-2018, 01:01 PM
...Is a picture of the president with a political caption political? That's your real question.

That is a made up BS on a pic of our president. Pretty soon ED will need counseling sessions for those that had to witness that pic... like the university of Missouri or something.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-01-2018, 01:02 PM

I mean, he's literally THE most political figure in the nation, and the text in the post is about the "deep sate", which is as political as it gets. If it was just a pic of Trump with some joke about an executive order for the FBI to investigate OM recruiting, then Id say it's not that political. But the post as is is as political as anything can be

Dawg61
02-01-2018, 01:03 PM
That is a made up BS on a pic of our president. Pretty soon ED will need counseling sessions for those that had to witness that pic... like the university of Missouri or something.

Seems to be triggering a whole bunch of responses that have nothing to do with the thread topic or sports so yes it needs to come down. You snowflakes can't handle BeastMan doing his job correctly.

msstate7
02-01-2018, 01:06 PM
I mean, he's literally THE most political figure in the nation, and the text in the post is about the "deep sate", which is as political as it gets. If it was just a pic of Trump with some joke about an executive order for the FBI to investigate OM recruiting, then Id say it's not that political. But the post as is is as political as anything can be

Maybe so. I am far from a fan of trump, so I am not being biased. If someone had the same sort of pic for Hillary or Obama, I wouldn?t care either.

TimberBeast
02-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Seems to be triggering a whole bunch of responses that have nothing to do with the thread topic or sports so yes it needs to come down. You snowflakes can't handle BeastMan doing his job correctly.

No one said anything about it until someone said it needed to come down, and that could have been done in a message, but was done on the board for a reason.

Coldsleeve Jr.
02-01-2018, 01:10 PM
I think most people here would agree that its not about Stansbury himself, its about the team sucking balls since he left.

Hopefully Howland will be the guy that changes that trajectory. Definitely looking better recently.

drunkernhelldawg
02-01-2018, 01:59 PM

https://pics.me.me/moving-the-goalposts-stick-figures-are-drawings-because-we-are-29554470.png

Can't wrap my head around why you'd post this. Doubt it's true and if it is, why do you want to make it more true?

MadDawg
02-01-2018, 02:41 PM
If anything this board taught us during the Stansbury years it was that you should always be hyper-critical of anything related to MSU basketball, which includes downplaying any accomplishments.

QuadrupleOption
02-01-2018, 02:47 PM
If anything this board taught us during the Stansbury years it was that you should always be hyper-critical of anything related to MSU basketball, which includes downplaying any accomplishments.

Bingo. I consider payback to those in the fanbase that couldn't fathom in any way that Stansbury was actually doing a pretty good job. And while I hate that our program has been wandering the wilderness for going on 6 years now, I must admit to a very small amount of schadenfreude over the whole situation. Mainly of the "See? We told you so" variety.

And no, I don't want to get into yet another thread arguing the merits of keeping Stans over letting him go. I agree - it's in the past and I hope Howland can get us into the post-season. I support Howland as well but I'm past ready to see some results.

MCsMGs
02-01-2018, 02:56 PM
I don't hate Stansbury I hate his devoted following that are still holding our basketball program hostage because they think it's their only way to show firing Stansbury was a mistake.

Y'all can put me front and center in this camp! I appreciate what Stans did at MSU, but he isn't our coach anymore and I don't care about the past that we can't change(RR)...

I do care about the current program and I'm gonna support Howland until he isn't our coach anymore. If anyone thinks we can do better than Howland, bring 'em to the table. Then we can talk.

Dawg61
02-01-2018, 03:01 PM
Can't wrap my head around why you'd post this. Doubt it's true and if it is, why do you want to make it more true?

Well cause I like to get the snakes out in the open. They are easier to fight that way and I want to see if the obvious ones we already know about have the stones to post. Reveals character and such.

BeardoMSU
02-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Well cause I like to get the snakes out in the open. They are easier to fight that way and I want to see if the obvious ones we already know about have the stones to post. Reveals character and such.

http://i.imgur.com/pLlKmdU.gif

sandwolf
02-01-2018, 03:08 PM

I am not following.....what happened that would cause the 'Stansbury lovers' to move the goal posts? Did they have them set at winning a road game before last night?

Side note: You have become a really shitty poster.

sandwolf
02-01-2018, 03:11 PM

The responses were triggered by BeastMan, not by the signature. Doing his job correctly would have been sending a PM instead of hijacking this thread and causing a bunch of controversy.

BeardoMSU
02-01-2018, 03:13 PM
Doing his job correctly would have been sending a PM instead of hijacking this thread and causing a bunch of controversy.

But now everyone has been made aware...something not accomplished by a single PM....It's not like he was rude or remotely an asshole about it. Chill.

Tbonewannabe
02-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Maybe so. I am far from a fan of trump, so I am not being biased. If someone had the same sort of pic for Hillary or Obama, I wouldn?t care either.

I actually had to look at it a second time to see anything but the combover blowing in the wind. LOL

Dawg61
02-01-2018, 03:18 PM
I am not following.....what happened that would cause the 'Stansbury lovers' to move the goal posts? Did they have them set at winning a road game before last night? Not winning a road game was ammo for the Stansbury Stans yes

Side note: You have become a really shitty poster. Cause you're a Stansbury lover and are upset that I am triggering you?? I have always been a shitty poster to those that suck so you must be voluntarily placing yourself in that group now.

The responses were triggered by BeastMan, not by the signature. Doing his job correctly would have been sending a PM instead of hijacking this thread and causing a bunch of controversy.

No it was a message to the board not just Coach. Pretty smart actually.

drunkernhelldawg
02-01-2018, 03:20 PM

I guess I think it''s only a big deal if we make it a big deal. I do love Stansbury, but I didn't think about him a single time while we were playing last night. Cause I love my friends but who I really love is my wife. And I love Stans, but what I really love is State!

Johnson85
02-01-2018, 03:24 PM
I am not following.....what happened that would cause the 'Stansbury lovers' to move the goal posts? Did they have them set at winning a road game before last night?

Side note: You have become a really shitty poster.

Someone needs to work on their verb tenses.

drunkernhelldawg
02-01-2018, 03:28 PM

and someone needs to think about pronoun agreement.

(sorry. couldn't resist)

Dawg61
02-01-2018, 03:34 PM
I guess I think it''s only a big deal if we make it a big deal. I do love Stansbury, but I didn't think about him a single time while we were playing last night. Cause I love my friends but who I really love is my wife. And I love Stans, but what I really love is State!

Not sure how you haven't noticed but there's been an ongoing feud in amongst the basketball fanbase that's been going on for over a decade now.

drunkernhelldawg
02-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Not sure how you haven't noticed but there's been an ongoing feud in amongst the basketball fanbase that's been going on for over a decade now.

I hope it doesn't cause anybody to miss the great ball we've got going on right now!

BeastMan
02-01-2018, 05:18 PM
No one said anything about it until someone said it needed to come down, and that could have been done in a message, but was done on the board for a reason.

The board needs a reminder from time to time to keep politics on the political board. That?s the reason. My personal political feelings have no bearing on how I?m supposed to moderate the Forum.

BeastMan
02-01-2018, 05:24 PM
My paycheck went up this week, that's probably considered political too.

It's not. Don't be a dick. If somebody had an Obama sig with some sort of phrase praising him I'd do the same thing. Go to the politics board for politics. The more the merrier over there.

BeastMan
02-01-2018, 05:28 PM

Sorry I must have slept during message board moderator training day

sandwolf
02-01-2018, 05:29 PM

Sorry, I'm an engineer.....I do the best I can, but my primary objective is to get my point across (and it appears that I did that).

BeastMan
02-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Sorry, I'm an engineer.....I do the best I can, but my primary objective is to get my point across (and it appears that I did that).

Well good. You can build yourself a bridge to get over me enforcing board rules.

BeastMan
02-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Link to thread to the poli board where you can discuss this signature removal and how awful a moderator I am:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?64060-Beast-Erased-a-Trump-Signature-on-the-Main-Board-Thread