PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Hunters just confirmed new tropical storm in the Gulf

starkvegasdawg
10-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Name will be Karen as she heads towards a landfall somewhere on the northern Gulf Coast. Winds already found to 60mph (not sure if sustained or gusts). Depending on track may be a wet night at the ballgame Saturday.

FlabLoser
10-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Maybe its the shutdown, but NOAA has nothing about Karen on their website. Just a topical depression. Spaghetti plots do point to the MS & AL gulf coast.

FlabLoser
10-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Well, here we go

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/tropical-development-possible-1/18390176

FISHDAWG
10-03-2013, 09:14 AM
she's already in Georgia - I married her ... she was only a tropical storm until her hysterectomy, now she's a full blown cat-4

bocfarm
10-03-2013, 09:22 AM
she's already in Georgia - I married her ... she was only a tropical storm until her hysterectomy, now she's a full blown cat-4

Haha I laughed

Irondawg
10-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Time to read the cancellation policy on the Orange Beach condo we have for the weekend through Tues I guess

bully99
10-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Or it may not rain at all. Some of the forecast say on current path it may pull in drier air into north Ms and Starkville may get little if any rain.

TheRef
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Okay...looking at the track it can still send up energy before landfall that could fire up storms for us on Saturday. With Karen being officially a TS with a very real possibility of becoming a Hurricane, it is all going to depend on timing and intensity. I seriously doubt that dry air will funnel in from the North as the winds from the NE Quadrant. As the front of Karen starts hitting the land, watch for it to start condensing down and weakening. By landfall of the eye, Karen should only be a TS. Tropical systems HATE dry air so once we see dry air swirling into the storm like a cinnamon roll, that's the beginning of the end.