PDA

View Full Version : Paul Lacoste

BuckyIsAB****
01-31-2018, 11:25 PM
Random I know but Paul Lacoste came to speak to our team today and that guy is special. I couldnt think of a better representative of MSU than what he is about and his story.

Any of y'all know him, work out with him or heard him speak??

SmokeyDawg
01-31-2018, 11:34 PM
Worked out with him and worked for him for his youth training. Scott Westerfield was also working with him and working out. Great guys to be around

BuckyIsAB****
01-31-2018, 11:36 PM
Worked out with him and worked for him for his youth training. Scott Westerfield was also working with him and working out. Great guys to be around

I remember Scott Westerfield working me out at the old courthouse in jackson when I was a kid. Small world haha

Jack Lambert
01-31-2018, 11:55 PM

Worked out at the same GYM as well and he will talk smack in the locker room but when you see him out in the public he always one of the most Friendly guys you will meet.

Todd4State
02-01-2018, 12:28 AM
My Paul Lacoste story.

It was the 1996 Egg Bowl in Oxford when I was represnting Mississippi State in the Famous Maroon Band and I was standing next to a gate waiting to go into the stands. There was what looked like a doublewide trailer under the bleachers at the Vaught and I wondered what it was. As soon as I had that thought the door swings open and out pops Paul Lacoste in full football gear. The trailer was the visitor's dressing room at Ole Miss.

I met him years later and talked to him a little bit but nothing to interesting. Very nice guy and nice family as well.

Activated Alpha
02-01-2018, 01:40 AM
I graduated with his wife Elizabeth from high school so that counts right?

mparkerfd20
02-01-2018, 09:48 AM
I did the Paul Lacoste fitness camp with him last January - March. Guy has had a rough life, much of it brought on by his own bad decisions. That said he will push you and work you to death, but genuinely cares about getting you in the best shape. Off the field or gym he's one of the nicest people you will meet. His life has turned around since becoming saved and he has a great story of redemption. He was heading the wrong way fast, but is a different person now and a good one at that.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2018, 10:01 AM
I did the Paul Lacoste fitness camp with him last January - March. Guy has had a rough life, much of it brought on by his own bad decisions. That said he will push you and work you to death, but genuinely cares about getting you in the best shape. Off the field or gym he's one of the nicest people you will meet. His life has turned around since becoming saved and he has a great story of redemption. He was heading the wrong way fast, but is a different person now and a good one at that.

That's so good to hear! To many people can't overcome their past, you have to know that what you did yesterday is gone and its what you do today and tomorrow that counts. It's always inspiring hearing stories of folks overcoming their past mistakes. Always loved the way Paul played. He played hard and with intensity. Glad to hear his life is on the right path.