PDA

View Full Version : Bama

justwin
01-31-2018, 09:27 PM
They have ~18 commits listed. 3 of which are 6'1 180lb cbs, 4*. Of the 7 spots remaining, that have qbs, several WRs, several DL, several LBs, and 3 potential 5* cbs to fill those. I just don't see how Eddie smith is included in their 25. What am I missing?

Can Eddie smith start, play significantly this fall if he signs here? Peters, cam, Cole, Tyler are our top 4, right?

Coach34
01-31-2018, 09:34 PM
Can Eddie smith start, play significantly this fall if he signs here? Peters, cam, Cole, Tyler are our top 4, right?

It will take Smith 3 years to get on the field at Bama- But he will likely have a ring

TUSK
01-31-2018, 09:35 PM
They have ~18 commits listed. 3 of which are 6'1 180lb cbs, 4*. Of the 7 spots remaining, that have qbs, several WRs, several DL, several LBs, and 3 potential 5* cbs to fill those. I just don't see how Eddie smith is included in their 25. What am I missing?

Bammer needs DBs desperately... if we are lucky enough to get 3-4 of the aforementioned 5*/high 4* guys, my guess is Smith won't sign with UA...

justwin
01-31-2018, 09:39 PM
It will take Smith 3 years to get on the field at Bama- But he will likely have a ring

When would he play here?

justwin
01-31-2018, 09:41 PM
Bammer needs DBs desperately... if we are lucky enough to get 3-4 of the aforementioned 5*/high 4* guys, my guess is Smith won't sign with UA...

Will Bama sign the 2 ft laudy teammates ~ sustain jr &/ Tyson?

Would they be desperate enough to sign Eddie as 25th over several higher profile DL & LBs?

TUSK
01-31-2018, 09:55 PM
Will Bama sign the 2 ft laudy teammates ~ sustain jr &/ Tyson?

Would they be desperate enough to sign Eddie as 25th over several higher profile DL & LBs?

I think if they strike out on 'X' number of CBs, they'd certainly consider Smith...

I speculate their Top 7 (to get to 25) would be this:

Surtain, CB
Petit-Fere, OT
Griffin, CB
Taylor-Stuart, CB
Ross, WR
Sewell, OG
O’Neal, Jr, S

justwin
01-31-2018, 10:02 PM
I think if they strike out on 'X' number of CBs, they'd certainly consider Smith...

I speculate their Top 7 (to get to 25) would be this:

Surtain, CB
Petit-Fere, OT
Griffin, CB
Taylor-Stuart, CB
Ross, WR
Sewell, OG
O?Neal, Jr, S

I see that. Of those 7 + 5 more before they get to Eddie I think. Seems Bama would have to miss out on another 4 cbs targets and get some of the original 18 poached to free up that 25th spot for Eddie. Either way, I'm still curious how good he is, like to tackle?

TUSK
01-31-2018, 10:11 PM
I see that. Of those 7 + 5 more before they get to Eddie I think. Seems Bama would have to miss out on another 4 cbs targets and get some of the original 18 poached to free up that 25th spot for Eddie. Either way, I'm still curious how good he is, like to tackle?

I dunno, but I'd doubt MDL would consider him if he didn't like tackling...

note: I'm no "insider"...

Bdawg
01-31-2018, 11:05 PM

How does he see the field in 3 years when they likely recruit another blue chipper or 2 at his position between now and then? Recruits need to wake up to this if they want to play.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-31-2018, 11:19 PM
He's a take for Bama right now. They don't have to miss on anyone.