PDA

View Full Version : Staley promoted unhealthy atmosphere

Apoplectic
01-31-2018, 01:14 AM
Per zou AD

?We had players spit on and called the ?N? word and things like that,? Sterk said. ?I mean it was not a good environment and unfortunately and I think Coach (Dawn) Staley promoted that kind of atmosphere. And it?s unfortunate that she felt she had to do that.?

Strong words from an AD about an opposing coach and nice showing of balls to say it.

Irondawg
01-31-2018, 06:55 AM
I?m this day with mics everywhere shouldn?t they be able to tell if someone used abusive language and suspend them

HereComesTheSpiral
01-31-2018, 08:07 AM
Not Dawn Staley, she is the epitome of class according to every announcer working their games.

thf24
01-31-2018, 09:04 AM
Not Dawn Staley, she is the epitome of class according to every announcer working their games.

If the media is going overboard to fortify someone's character and reputation, in many cases it's because it's not true.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-31-2018, 09:31 AM
If the media is going overboard to fortify someone's character and reputation, in many cases it's because it's not true.

I’m still trying to figure out how the SEC hasn’t handed down suspensions for the Mizzou game.

Bully13
01-31-2018, 09:37 AM
I’m still trying to figure out how the SEC hasn’t handed down suspensions for the Mizzou game.

Are we talking about a ladies hoops game?MO @ SC? what were the violations?

Cooterpoot
01-31-2018, 09:55 AM
Staley is fugly! One of the most unattractive "women" I've ever seen. Her face promotes and unhealthy environment.

I_Spy
01-31-2018, 04:43 PM
Dawn can be fiery and aggressive while coaching her team, but certainly not as much rule-breaking as any of us would be. Or she’s true sports and competition. So I respect her anyway.

I_Spy
01-31-2018, 04:46 PM
Or I do not think Staley would say, literally, spit on them then. Lol

Gutter Cobreh
02-22-2018, 10:47 PM
Sorry for bumping an older thread, but figured it was worth it since she’s file suit against the Mizzou AD for slander...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/dawn-staley-sues-missouri-athletic-director-slander-53285539

Coach34
02-22-2018, 11:09 PM
This should get interesting

Gutter Cobreh
02-22-2018, 11:56 PM
This should get interesting

Indeed.

My favorite part of the article is “Staley's suit said the comments from Sterk were especially painful because they were broadcast around the world.”

If I were Sterk’s legal team, I’d simply create a video showing all the times a camera has caught her on one of her profanity laced tangents - starting with the one she had at her assistant when they last played us.

mstatefan91
02-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Good for Staley. The burden of proof falls on the Missouri AD. He made the claims. So far there has been no proof that what he said took place, let alone that Staley promoted it.

Anybody really surprised that safe space Missouri would pull something like that after losing a heated game?

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 12:04 AM
Indeed.

My favorite part of the article is “Staley's suit said the comments from Sterk were especially painful because they were broadcast around the world.”

If I were Sterk’s legal team, I’d simply create a video showing all the times a camera has caught her on one of her profanity laced tangents - starting with the one she had at her assistant when they last played us.
A foul mouth does not mean she is directing fans to spit and yell racial slurs at opposing teams.

BeardoMSU
02-23-2018, 12:33 AM
A foul mouth does not mean she is directing fans to spit and yell racial slurs at opposing teams.

No shit

And nope.....I never saw John Cohen cuss up a storm, nor Dan Mullen, Saban, Muschamp, Harbaugh, Bruce Pearl, Frank Martin, Kirby, etc., etc.....***

Seriously, guys....why is she so bad? She's competitive, passionate, and a national championship winning coach...wtf is the big deal?

RougeDawg
02-23-2018, 12:41 AM
Good for Staley. The burden of proof falls on the Missouri AD. He made the claims. So far there has been no proof that what he said took place, let alone that Staley promoted it.

Anybody really surprised that safe space Missouri would pull something like that after losing a heated game?

In their defense, the times I?ve seen Staley on sidelines, this isn?t a shocking accusation. I?ll stop there but every, let me repeat, every time I?ve viewed a small portion of their games her actions do not cause me to think these accusations are very far fetched.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 12:44 AM
No shit

And nope.....I never saw John Cohen cuss up a storm, nor Dan Mullen, Saban, Muschamp, Harbaugh, Bruce Pearl, Frank Martin, Kirby, etc., etc.....***

Seriously, guys....why is she so bad? She's competitive, passionate, and a national championship winning coach...wtf is the big deal?

It's called sports man. They are pretty much our rival in this sport now. As such she is evil incarnate. It ain't rocket surgery. You are over thinking and reading way too much into this

BeardoMSU
02-23-2018, 12:45 AM
In their defense, the times I?ve seen Staley on sidelines, this isn?t a shocking accusation. I?ll stop there but every, let me repeat, every time I?ve viewed a small portion of their games her actions do not cause me to think these accusations are very far fetched.

Have you ever watched a college football game? Saban, for example? How about basketball....Pearl, Martin, Bobby ****ing Knight?

BeardoMSU
02-23-2018, 12:49 AM
You are over thinking and reading way too much into this

I'm not over thinking anything, lol. Rivalries are one thing, but this is just silly. She's a coach. In the SEC. She's competitive. She cusses. So the **** what?

Again, if the same ire was directed at others in the profession I wouldn't find this so odd...

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 01:10 AM
Again, if the same ire was directed at others in the profession I wouldn't find this so odd...

That says more about you than it does the other people in this thread. She is the coach of one of the main rivals for honors of the best team we have ever fielded in any sport. People are passionate about it. It's only natural that MSU people don't like her. It would be the same no matter what or who she is.

Dawg61
02-23-2018, 01:21 AM
I think his claims are total bullshit and Missouri needs to suffer severe penalties for it. Staley is coaching her team not encouraging fans to throw out racial slurs and spit on Missouri's players. That is ridiculous.

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 01:34 AM
That says more about you than it does the other people in this thread. She is the coach of one of the main rivals for honors of the best team we have ever fielded in any sport. People are passionate about it. It's only natural that MSU people don't like her. It would be the same no matter what or who she is.

Disliking her because she beat us in the SEC Championship, SEC tournament Title, and National Title is one thing... agreeing with a Missouri AD based on these feelings is completely different. It is irresponsible, short sighted, and petty.

This is what you and a few others don't seem to get.. Nobody is saying that we have to absolutely love Dawn Staley.. Nobody is saying that we have to throw a party in her honor. All we are saying is that the claims need to be proven before her name is smeared..

Come on

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 01:37 AM

So you're saying that you've witnessed her direct fans as to what to say and do during a game? I've seen her get hot, cuss, and talk to her team/coaches. I've never seen her go up into the stands and converse with game attendees..

Waiting on the footage

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 08:24 AM
Disliking her because she beat us in the SEC Championship, SEC tournament Title, and National Title is one thing... agreeing with a Missouri AD based on these feelings is completely different. It is irresponsible, short sighted, and petty.

This is what you and a few others don't seem to get.. Nobody is saying that we have to absolutely love Dawn Staley.. Nobody is saying that we have to throw a party in her honor. All we are saying is that the claims need to be proven before her name is smeared..

Come on

I like her about as much as I like Hugh Freeze and Matt Luke. I get what you are saying. I also get what the others here are saying. I don?t think the Missouri AD ever said she told people to use racial slurs. He said she promoted an unhealthy atmosphere at their game. There WAS a lot of bad blood after Missouri beat them at Missouri and it certainly carried over to the next game. Staley DOES act in ways on the bench that tend to inflame crowds, both home and away. She, as has been pointed out here, is far from alone among coaches when it comes to that. To Staley I would say grow up. To the Missouri AD I would say Welcome to the SEC. That may have been the first time since they joined the conference that they actually got a REAL taste of what a rivalry in the SEC looks like. Missouri is still an afterthought to nearly everybody in the SEC. With A&M they felt like a conference game from the beginning. Missouri still feels like stepping out of conference. Mizzou May see a lot more of what they saw in South Carolina if that ever changes.

Bubb Rubb
02-23-2018, 08:24 AM
I think his claims are total bullshit and Missouri needs to suffer severe penalties for it. Staley is coaching her team not encouraging fans to throw out racial slurs and spit on Missouri's players. That is ridiculous.

I'm not surprised that this is your take.

The guy is a sitting AD in the SEC, not some fan boy. He said what he said to protect his players. Something happened that night and he is getting it addressed. Calling out Staley for it is interesting, but nobody here knows all the facts. If Cohen had done it we would all be rallying behind him.

Staley filing a lawsuit confirms that there's something to it in my opinion. We talk about Missouri being the campus for snowflakes but this is the snowflakiest lawsuit I've seen in a while.

LilSebastian
02-23-2018, 09:26 AM
I like her about as much as I like Hugh Freeze and Matt Luke. I get what you are saying. I also get what the others here are saying. I don?t think the Missouri AD ever said she told people to use racial slurs. He said she promoted an unhealthy atmosphere at their game. There WAS a lot of bad blood after Missouri beat them at Missouri and it certainly carried over to the next game. Staley DOES act in ways on the bench that tend to inflame crowds, both home and away. She, as has been pointed out here, is far from alone among coaches when it comes to that. To Staley I would say grow up. To the Missouri AD I would say Welcome to the SEC. That may have been the first time since they joined the conference that they actually got a REAL taste of what a rivalry in the SEC looks like. Missouri is still an afterthought to nearly everybody in the SEC. With A&M they felt like a conference game from the beginning. Missouri still feels like stepping out of conference. Mizzou May see a lot more of what they saw in South Carolina if that ever changes.

If the Mizzou AD had that concern he could have addressed it privately. She?s one person, he has a certain level of access to her because of his position, be an adult and talk to HER. By going public, he?s blowing this out of proportion, and being blatantly disrespectful.

Dawg61
02-23-2018, 11:27 AM
I'm not surprised that this is your take.

Because you hate Tebow.

Coach34
02-23-2018, 11:42 AM
this lawsuit is ridiculous and will likely be treated as so

shoeless joe
02-23-2018, 11:53 AM
If every single thing about this situation was the same except instead of Staley being the coach involved it was Matt insell, not a single person would be coming to his defense...

Cooterpoot
02-23-2018, 11:55 AM
The SEC commish looks bad on this deal. He called them all in and now she's going to sue? You don't air this stuff in public. Both sides are wrong and Sanky better reel it in.

RougeDawg
02-23-2018, 12:09 PM
So you're saying that you've witnessed her direct fans as to what to say and do during a game? I've seen her get hot, cuss, and talk to her team/coaches. I've never seen her go up into the stands and converse with game attendees..

Waiting on the footage

I?m saying her demeanor and attitude aren?t hard to miss unless you are blind. Calling a spade a spade.

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 12:34 PM
I?m saying her demeanor and attitude aren?t hard to miss unless you are blind. Calling a spade a spade.

Didn't say they were hard to miss. It's one thing to call out her demeanor and attitude. It's another to say she is encouraging bad fan behavior, such as spitting and racial slurs, which hasn't even been shown to have taken place.

That's what this is about. I don't know why it's so hard to understand..

Coach34
02-23-2018, 12:49 PM
The SEC commish looks bad on this deal. He called them all in and now she's going to sue?.

Sounds like Staley didnt like what Sankey had to say

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 12:54 PM

Sounds like she wanted a public apology and is trying to force it through this lawsuit.

AlmostPositive
02-23-2018, 01:02 PM
This is one of those lawsuits filed by someone who never wants it to see the inside of a courtroom. It borders on abuse of the legal system.

shoeless joe
02-23-2018, 01:04 PM
This sounds a little hugh freezish to me...she dang sure doesnt mind all the attention when she's dressed up for the super bowl and runnin down the hallway of a hotel, she also doesn't mind doing interviews and whining about the play and atmosphere at mizzou, which is what started all this, but when someone states that her demeanor promotes the SAME demeanor in fans she's gonna sue??? Gimme a break. If you willingly thrust yourself out there constantly then be prepared for backlash. This is an intimidation attempt to control the message in the future.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2018, 03:28 PM
This sounds a little hugh freezish to me...she dang sure doesnt mind all the attention when she's dressed up for the super bowl and runnin down the hallway of a hotel, she also doesn't mind doing interviews and whining about the play and atmosphere at mizzou, which is what started all this, but when someone states that her demeanor promotes the SAME demeanor in fans she's gonna sue??? Gimme a break. If you willingly thrust yourself out there constantly then be prepared for backlash. This is an intimidation attempt to control the message in the future.

Bingo!

Cooterpoot
02-23-2018, 03:32 PM

Then she will end up regretting it. And Sanky better start getting some control or he'll be in trouble.

RocketDawg
02-23-2018, 03:46 PM

Maybe he suggested she should improve her public image and actions.

RougeDawg
02-23-2018, 06:30 PM
Didn't say they were hard to miss. It's one thing to call out her demeanor and attitude. It's another to say she is encouraging bad fan behavior, such as spitting and racial slurs, which hasn't even been shown to have taken place.

Didn?t want to go here because it should be easy to see but I?ll explain for you.

Her attitude is quite clearly militant. Persons exhibiting militant attitudes and demeanors do not portray a great atmosphere, by simple default, especially a public figure.

preachermatt83
02-23-2018, 06:37 PM
Didn?t want to go here because it should be easy to see but I?ll explain for you.

Her attitude is quite clearly militant. Persons exhibiting militant attitudes and demeanors do not portray a great atmosphere, by simple default, especially a public figure.

This

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 09:30 PM
If the Mizzou AD had that concern he could have addressed it privately. She?s one person, he has a certain level of access to her because of his position, be an adult and talk to HER. By going public, he?s blowing this out of proportion, and being blatantly disrespectful.

Why privately? What she does certainly isn't private.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 09:32 PM
If every single thing about this situation was the same except instead of Staley being the coach involved it was Matt insell, not a single person would be coming to his defense...

THIS.

Dawg61
02-23-2018, 09:42 PM
Why privately? What she does certainly isn't private.

Not sure why you have such a big issue with Staley's antics during games. There's limitless men that act way worse than her in several sports. I could probably list hundreds of them if I really had to and all of them are worse than her. That actually makes her a little refreshing to me imo she's breaking down a barrier for other women. Coaches are coaches and women coaches should be allowed to get just as expressive as the men do.

BeardoMSU
02-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Not sure why you have such a big issue with Staley's antics during games. There's limitless men that act way worse than her in several sports. I could probably list hundreds of them if I really had to and all of them are worse than her. That actually makes her a little refreshing to me imo she's breaking down a barrier for other women. Coaches are coaches and women coaches should be allowed to get just as expressive as the men do.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawg61 again.

This was exactly my point earlier. I couldn't care less about this lawsuit, but I definitely find it amusing at the amount of feigned outrage over over her antics and profanity. Jesus.

QuadrupleOption
02-23-2018, 09:52 PM

Mizzou's AD didn't accuse her of "encouraging bad behavior". He accused her of contributing to the toxic atmosphere that led to the bad behavior.

If I rile a bunch of people up with a bunch of bullshit talk and someone in that crowd goes out and kills a person because they're all pissed off, did I murder anyone? No. Did I contribute? Yes.

Also, read this article and the links contained therein. Staley accused the Mizzou team of playing like thugs, claimed the officials intentionally screwed them out of a win, and bitched about the officiating for like 5 minutes in her post-game comments. So yeah, I'd say she contributed through her public statements and actions to the problem.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article201701194.html

I get that she's passionate and outspoken but she needs to understand that as a public figure she is not above criticism. She's going to look like a fool unless Mizzou caves because of the lawsuit.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Because she and her team are our chief competition at the moment in the SEC, and among a select few that can compete with us nationally This year. It's that simple 61. If we beat them by 40 every time we played them I could care less what she does, neither would anyone else here. Since we don't, ammo is ammo. That's how the SPORTS game is played. If you are playing another one then that's your business. I'm sick of sports being anything but sports. I'll tell you who she reminds me of on the bench.....Joe B. Hall. I hated him too.

Dawg61
02-23-2018, 09:56 PM
Mizzou's AD didn't accuse her of "encouraging bad behavior". He accused her of contributing to the toxic atmosphere that led to the bad behavior.

If I rile a bunch of people up with a bunch of bullshit talk and someone in that crowd goes out and kills a person because they're all pissed off, did I murder anyone? No. Did I contribute? Yes.

Also, read this article and the links contained therein. Staley accused the Mizzou team of playing like thugs, claimed the officials intentionally screwed them out of a win, and bitched about the officiating for like 5 minutes in her post-game comments. So yeah, I'd say she contributed through her public statements and actions to the problem.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article201701194.html

I get that she's passionate and outspoken but she needs to understand that as a public figure she is not above criticism. She's going to look like a fool unless Mizzou caves because of the lawsuit.

Even if Missouri is right to complain they aren't smart to do it publicly instead of privately because the entire SEC footprint is still pissed at how they handled the riot situation and embarrassed the SEC so they aren't going to get much support over the current national champion SEC basketball coach right now. Maybe that's not fair but it is the truth.

Dawg61
02-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Because she and her team are our chief competition at the moment in the SEC, and among a select few that can compete with us nationally This year. It's that simple 61. If we beat them by 40 every time we played them I could care less what she does, neither would anyone else here. Since we don't, ammo is ammo. That's how the SPORTS game is played. If you are playing another one then that's your business. I'm sick of sports being anything but sports. I'll tell you who she reminds me of on the bench.....Joe B. Hall. I hated him too.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l378gtYaQmAHS2HPa/giphy.gif

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 10:02 PM
Even if Missouri is right to complain they aren't smart to do it publicly instead of privately because the entire SEC footprint is still pissed at how they handled the riot situation and embarrassed the SEC so they aren't going to get much support over the current national champion SEC basketball coach right now. Maybe that's not fair but it is the truth.

Actually the SEC footprint, the very small minority that knows or cares, agrees with him. Nobody that only cares about sports likes Staley, except South Carolina fans. Just like UK fans were the only ones that could tolerate Joe B. Hall. He was a bastard, but he was THEIR bastard. The astounding thing to me is that a few fans from a RIVAL school, seem to be defending Staley. It's very puzzling to a sports fan.

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 10:21 PM

You don?t seem to get what this is about. The Mizzou AD claimed fans spit and yelled racial slurs at his student athletes. He then went on to claim that Staley contributed to this type of atmosphere. Here, I?ll explain it to you.

There has been zero proof of fans spitting or using racial slurs against Mizzou student athletes that night. By simple default, it makes the Mizzou AD statements questionable and he should have offered a simple apology.

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 10:23 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawg61 again.

This was exactly my point earlier. I couldn't care less about this lawsuit, but I definitely find it amusing at the amount of feigned outrage over over her antics and profanity. Jesus.
This is my issue as well.

Saban, Mullen, Cal, Pearl, Muschamp and on and on and on and on. Don’t see you guys going out of your way to get on to them for contributing (since this is the word we are using) to a bad atmosphere. Wonder why that is.

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 10:27 PM
I don’t like Dawn Staley, but I’m not going to sit here and pretend that the Mizzou AD did the right thing. So that’s my position. Done

mstatefan91
02-23-2018, 10:41 PM

He said she promoted that kind of atmosphere. Fun fact, encouraging is a synonym of promoting. The more you know..

Now I’m done

Dawg61
02-23-2018, 11:06 PM
The astounding thing to me is that a few fans from a RIVAL school, seem to be defending Staley. It's very puzzling to a sports fan.

There's nothing astounding about posters on an MSU site discussing a hot topic between two other SEC schools. Are you capable of putting down your maroon tinted granny blockers ever?

AlmostPositive
02-23-2018, 11:50 PM
I suspect the Missouri AD knows a little more about what occurred than those here who are defending Dawn Staley.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2018, 11:52 PM
There's nothing astounding about posters on an MSU site discussing a hot topic between two other SEC schools. Are you capable of putting down your maroon tinted granny blockers ever?

No, I'm a MSU guy. I have a REAL hard time understanding supposed MSU fans that say they can. It doesn't make you cool to fans of other schools, they just laugh at you.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 12:06 AM
This is my issue as well.

Saban, Mullen, Cal, Pearl, Muschamp and on and on and on and on. Don’t see you guys going out of your way to get on to them for contributing (since this is the word we are using) to a bad atmosphere. Wonder why that is.

Saban Mullen etc are irrelevant to this topic, don't you think?

RougeDawg
02-24-2018, 12:13 AM

Sounds like Sankey saw what all rational human beings saw and brought it up. Staley is a militant in a prominent position. These are the results and ramifications of said attitudes in said position. Reap what you sow. Sleep in the bed you make. Shall I continue?

It?s borderline comical at this point that all Americans don?t see what?s going on. But then again we saw how many voted for a person who committed thousands of counts of illegal activities that would land any one of us under the jail had we committed a similar single violation.

It is where we are as a society. A portion will always defend their leaders no matter how stupid or ignorant. Have to understand and deal with this non thinking phenomena, and make an attempt to teach these people that water is wet, and the sun rises in the east. Yes, this is a tall task to educate the indoctrinated non thinkers. But start off with a bowl of water. Explain that water is wet and go from there. Then fire is hot. Expand upon these things as the subject learns.

Some may disagree with this assessment due to bias ignorance. That?s fine. Prove me wrong with facts because facts own no opinions. I welcome facts.

Dawg61
02-24-2018, 12:18 AM
I have a REAL hard time understanding supposed MSU fans that say they can.

Oh man you got us Liverpool Sherlock Holmes. You have sniffed out some Gamecock fans on here. Beardo, mstatefan91 and myself have been scheming in PMs on how Lady Gamecocks basketball can get a competitive edge over MSU. We've been busted!! Damn you're one clever tart

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 12:40 AM
Saban Mullen etc are irrelevant to this topic, don't you think?

Nope and the fact that you can’t see it.. well

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 12:54 AM
This is what's driving me crazy about this with some of you. Nobody here is arguing that Staley is a saint. We all agree that she has a foul mouth. That she comes across as brash and inconsiderate.. nobody is arguing about that at all.. hell, I wouldn't want to be around her

What I am personally arguing is that all of this about her does not lead to the logical conclusion that her behavior promoted "that kind of atmosphere" when "that kind of atmosphere" of spitting on players and yelling racial slurs hasn't even been proven to have taken place.. That's the crux of the argument, and some of you can't seem to wrap your heads around it.

Staley doesn't want money. She wants an apology. Something that should have happened after the statements by the Mizzou AD came back as questionable at best and completely false at worst about spitting and racial slurs and then throwing Staley's name in with it.

So yeah, she yells, she curses, but that doesn't make her guilty of promoting an atmosphere of spitting and racial slurs directed at opposing student-athletes (especially when that can't even be proven)

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 12:58 AM
Oh man you got us Liverpool Sherlock Holmes. You have sniffed out some Gamecock fans on here. Beardo, mstatefan91 and myself have been scheming in PMs on how Lady Gamecocks basketball can get a competitive edge over MSU. We've been busted!! Damn you're one clever tart

No, I just pointed out that you aren't as cool and hip as you think you are. Surely to goodness you don't actually even sympathize with Staley ( no question marks, statement). If you are old enough did you sympathize with Joe B. Hall when he came to the Hump? That big red headed guy that used to sit behind the Kentucky bench back then that always gave Joe B hell would have beat your A$$ if you had. Interesting that you are defending our biggest rival in the sport while I'm attacking her though. You obviously aren't a South Carolina fan. What exactly DOES that make you?

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 01:00 AM
No, I just pointed out that you aren't as cool and hip as you think you are. Surely to goodness you don't actually even sympathize with Staley ( no question marks, statement). If you are old enough did you sympathize with Joe B. Hall when he came to the Hump? That big red headed guy that used to sit behind the Kentucky bench back then that always gave Joe B hell would have beat your A$$ if you had. Interesting that you are defending our biggest rival in the sport while I'm attacking her though. You obviously aren't a South Carolina fan. What exactly DOES that make you?

Ahh ok, I've messed up. This is purely emotional for you guys... peace

Dawg61
02-24-2018, 01:36 AM
Interesting that you are defending our biggest rival in the sport while I'm attacking her though. Our biggest rival is UConn now baw keep up

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 02:02 AM
statements by the Mizzou AD came back as questionable at best

Multiple people have backed up what the AD said. I don't know why you have made up your mind that he should apologize.

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 02:31 AM
Multiple people have backed up what the AD said. I don't know why you have made up your mind that he should apologize.
Who? Serious? I haven’t seen anyone outside of Mizzou athletics. Now the same could be said in the opposite. But seriously, who? Give me a link

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 08:21 AM
I'm sure you can google up your own links.... Do you think everyone connected with Missouri athletics is lying by default? I guess what I don't get is why you trust one side's version but not the other side's. And meanwhile you seem to think Saban, Mullen, Muschamp, and maybe Woody Hayes and Hirohito should be invoked in this discussion. Odd approach, I have to say.

The Federalist Engineer
02-24-2018, 08:57 AM
Anything said by Mizzou people should be dismissed. These are safe space, mentally ill, psycho-babble clowns

Seriously I work for a company 50 miles away and we have exactly zero Mizzou grads. Moreover, significant numbers of HS kids actually head to Arkansas, Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU because Mizzou is a joke

Mimi's Babies
02-24-2018, 09:11 AM
This is a college game and a family atmosphere. She needs to grow up.. others are watching. She would not last at many colleges for sure including this one.

BiscuitEater
02-24-2018, 09:41 AM

Nope. That's NOT how a civil suit works. Dawn filed the suit and it's up to her to prove she was damaged.

RR sued Dan Mullen and has to prove that Dan conspired to harm him.

Mimi's Babies
02-24-2018, 09:56 AM
Nope. That's NOT how a civil suit works. Dawn filed the suit and it's up to her to prove she was damaged.

The RR suit is going to be very Interesting... When you start depositions.... The truth which Om doesn't want to know will start coming to the fore front. The truth... Will be spilling out of Oxford....

QuadrupleOption
02-24-2018, 09:57 AM
He said she promoted that kind of atmosphere. Fun fact, encouraging is a synonym of promoting. The more you know..

Now I’m done

Did you read the articles? If not, you need to do so. She made a lot of statements prior to and after that loss that wouldn't do anything productive except get her team and fanbase pissed off. In other words, she furthered the cause of, supported, or actively encouraged the atmosphere that led to the situation in the second game.

SHE acted unprofessionally, SHE said things about Mizzou's players, SHE made claims about the referees both being out to get SC's program and being terrible. And more than one person was quoted as saying the slurs occurred.

This suit isn't going anywhere - hell a 10 minute search gave me enough ammo to get it thrown out.

Mimi's Babies
02-24-2018, 10:34 AM
Did you read the articles? If not, you need to do so. She made a lot of statements prior to and after that loss that wouldn't do anything productive except get her team and fanbase pissed off. In other words, she furthered the cause of, supported, or actively encouraged the atmosphere that led to the situation in the second game.

SHE acted unprofessionally, SHE said things about Mizzou's players, SHE made claims about the referees both being out to get SC's program and being terrible. And more than one person was quoted as saying the slurs occurred.

This suit isn't going anywhere - hell a 10 minute search gave me enough ammo to get it thrown out.

An old fashioned bar of lye soap might help her fouled mouth. Or at least I would hope so.

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 10:44 AM

Wasn’t talking about the suit that point. That’s my mistake. Yes the burden of proof falls on Staley for the suit.

What I was talking about is the burden of proof falls on the Mizzou AD for the statements he made which included Staley and is why the SEC has largely fallen on the side of Staley in this.

They’re both at fault for it escalating. The lawsuit won’t go anywhere. This ends with an apology from the AD is my guess.

Dawg61
02-24-2018, 10:49 AM
An old fashioned bar of lye soap might help her fouled mouth. Or at least I would hope so.

I don't see anyone making comments like this towards Nick Saban or John Cohen when he was our baseball coach. No y'all want Staley to act like a lady while she's coaching a basketball game but how come you don't want men acting like they are at Sunday Church while they are coaching a basketball game too? These are the types of walls that need to be torn down in 2018 for us to live in an equal world.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 10:55 AM
I don't see anyone making comments like this towards Nick Saban or John Cohen when he was our baseball coach. No y'all want Staley to act like a lady while she's coaching a basketball game but how come you don't want men acting like they are at Sunday Church while they are coaching a basketball game too? These are the types of walls that need to be torn down in 2018 for us to live in an equal world.

I have never seen a coach of any gender be as foul-mouthed as Staley from the bench, front and center, on camera. It would not surprise me in the least if USCe fans took that as a cue to engage in their own objectionable language.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 10:58 AM
Wasn’t talking about the suit that point. That’s my mistake. Yes the burden of proof falls on Staley for the suit.

What I was talking about is the burden of proof falls on the Mizzou AD for the statements he made which included Staley and is why the SEC has largely fallen on the side of Staley in this.

They’re both at fault for it escalating. The lawsuit won’t go anywhere. This ends with an apology from the AD is my guess.

So you think the Missouri AD, who was there, the Missouri coach, the Missouri radio guy, an ex-player....all are lying, that they made this up just to target poor Dawn Staley?

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 11:07 AM
So you think the Missouri AD, who was there, the Missouri coach, the Missouri radio guy, an ex-player....all are lying, that they made this up just to target poor Dawn Staley?

I’m saying it isn’t enough and it all comes from one side. I would expect our coaches and radio guys to back up Cohen if he made the mistake of issuing public statements like this.

And nobody called her poor Staley. I don’t care for her. Everybody is making this personal.

Dawg61
02-24-2018, 11:24 AM
I have never seen a coach of any gender be as foul-mouthed as Staley from the bench, front and center, on camera. It would not surprise me in the least if USCe fans took that as a cue to engage in their own objectionable language.

Than you haven't watched any other sport besides women's basketball. I'd link you a Bobby Knight audio but it's too NSFW language for this board.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 11:25 AM
I’m saying it isn’t enough and it all comes from one side. I would expect our coaches and radio guys to back up Cohen if he made the mistake of issuing public statements like this.

And nobody called her poor Staley. I don’t care for her. Everybody is making this personal.

Sounds like you think they're lying to me. I find that more unlikely than USCe fans acting like oafs. Multiple high-profile professionals don't generally fabricate charges in this sort of scenario. Fans, however, routinely act based on poor judgment. And I find Staley's demeanor and language dubious enough to at least listen to an AD who saw a connection between the two.

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 11:33 AM
Sounds like you think they're lying to me. I find that more unlikely than USCe fans acting like oafs. Multiple high-profile professionals don't generally fabricate charges in this sort of scenario. Fans, however, routinely act based on poor judgment. And I find Staley's demeanor and language dubious enough to at least listen to an AD who saw a connection between the two.
No. I’m saying it hasn’t been proven. I don’t know why this is so hard.

Sounds like you think all of USCe is lying. See how this goes both ways if we don’t stick with facts? And as the facts stand, it hasn’t been proven that spitting or racial slurs occurred. That’s all I’ve been trying to say.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 12:54 PM
Now you're mischaracterizing your position... you have said a lot more than the fact finding is not complete. And please consider dropping the passive aggressive sneering about how easy this is for you to understand and apparently beyond others. The converse is more likely true here.

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Now you're mischaracterizing your position... you have said a lot more than the fact finding is not complete. And please consider dropping the passive aggressive sneering about how easy this is for you to understand and apparently beyond others. The converse is more likely true here.

I don’t owe you anything. This has been my position. Some of you have chosen to ignore it to conflate it to a different type of debate about the character of Staley. Something I wasn’t arguing.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 01:36 PM
I don’t owe you anything. This has been my position. Some of you have chosen to ignore it to conflate it to a different type of debate about the character of Staley. Something I wasn’t arguing.

I'm pretty certain at this point that you don't know what you're arguing. Have a good day.

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty certain at this point that you don't know what you're arguing. Have a good day.
I’m arguing that Missouri hasn’t offered undeniable proof of spitting and racial slurs. Been my position the whole time. Both parties have messed up. The Mizzou AD should have never made public statements with Staley’s name. That’s been it. The counter arguments have been “yeah well she has a foul mouth.” Ok cool. That wasn’t the argument.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 01:55 PM
The Missouri AD had an opinion and expressed it. You have already made up your mind that he was in error. He was there and you were not. You do the math.

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2018, 02:03 PM
Actually people griped about Cohen's cussing all the time.

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 02:17 PM
The Missouri AD had an opinion and expressed it. You have already made up your mind that he was in error. He was there and you were not. You do the math.

He was in error to state it publicly without undeniable proof. The SEC has already fined him for it.

He was in error. It’s ok.

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Actually people griped about Cohen's cussing all the time.

I will give you this. This is absolutely true.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 02:42 PM
Once again, you are assuming the Missouri AD (and coach and radio guy etc) are lying. If the AD isn't lying, he needs no proof because he witnessed the behavior himself. He obviously considers Staley a part of the problem. As for the SEC being the decider of fact, it is more the case that they would rather not have dirty linen aired, period. The AD is looking out for his players and thinks Staley has helped create an environment that could make them targets. You really aren't in much of position to disagree with him, but I'm sure it won't stop you.

mstatefan91
02-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Once again, you are assuming the Missouri AD (and coach and radio guy etc) are lying. If the AD isn't lying, he needs no proof because he witnessed the behavior himself. He obviously considers Staley a part of the problem. As for the SEC being the decider of fact, it is more the case that they would rather not have dirty linen aired, period. The AD is looking out for his players and thinks Staley has helped create an environment that could make them targets. You really aren't in much of position to disagree with him, but I'm sure it won't stop you.

Why do you keep coming back to this?

It ultimately doesn't affect MSU sports, and I am not going to keep letting it affect me.

Have a good one. We can agree to disagree on this topic.

Hail State

edit: tried to send that to you in a PM. You might want to clear some of your old messages.

AlmostPositive
02-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Thanks... I agree that this really isn't worth arguing about as we have. ...been wondering why I haven't been able to get messages.

Dawg61
02-24-2018, 04:26 PM
South Carolina governor weighs in

https://twitter.com/henrymcmaster/status/967458726419615744

Mimi's Babies
02-24-2018, 04:38 PM

I know that several people talked to one of the coaches listed above about his language on and off the 'field'.

Mimi's Babies
02-24-2018, 04:41 PM
I would like to know the FACTS as to why this Coach was assigned a secruity guard while she was in the Hump, at our last game.

RocketDawg
02-24-2018, 05:00 PM
South Carolina governor weighs in

https://twitter.com/henrymcmaster/status/967458726419615744

He says she's a "Gold Medal role model for their daughters"? My goodness ....

BeardoMSU
02-24-2018, 05:17 PM
He says she's a "Gold Medal role model for their daughters"? My goodness ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddWC_aAK7hk