PDA

View Full Version : The early signing period has proven 1 thing to us.

Bodaski
01-29-2018, 10:46 PM
If commits don't sign in the december signing period, there are 2 things that must have occurred. First, we may have told them to wait and that would be because we aren't 100% sold. Secondly, they are using us for a better offer. Either way can be a big risk for both parties.

Lord McBuckethead
01-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Well so far, I like the new signing period. We have most of the guys we want. The recruits that are tired of the recruiting stuff, can sign and be done with it. It also clears up our board for the late signing period. We no longer have to spend time and resources on the guys that are already signed and can go after other players. I almost wish they would allow one signing period before the season starts. I am sure some guys just want to make a decision and move on. instead they can only sign after the signing day.

Question, if someone didn't sign in the early signing period, is there any reason they cannot sign during the times between the signing days? Seems like it would be open to sign after the early signing period.

Cooterpoot
01-30-2018, 02:57 PM
Or, it could be because our coaches left. The same coaches they had a connection to or were recruited by, like Fat Hev.

yjnkdawg
01-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Well so far, I like the new signing period. We have most of the guys we want. The recruits that are tired of the recruiting stuff, can sign and be done with it. It also clears up our board for the late signing period. We no longer have to spend time and resources on the guys that are already signed and can go after other players. I almost wish they would allow one signing period before the season starts. I am sure some guys just want to make a decision and move on. instead they can only sign after the signing day.

Question, if someone didn't sign in the early signing period, is there any reason they cannot sign during the times between the signing days? Seems like it would be open to sign after the early signing period.

They could have signed between December 20 and 22. Otherwise they must wait until the February signing day..