PDA

View Full Version : Chalk another one up to the Pigs. Sounds like Brule is on the verge on announcing

klong-dog
01-29-2018, 09:00 PM
To Fayetteville. Damn they are hammering us head to head this recruiting cycle. We can't catch a break.

HoopsDawg
01-29-2018, 09:02 PM
To Fayetteville. Damn they are hammering us head to head this recruiting cycle. We can't catch a break.

oh no, shut the program down. We lost a 3 star hybrid OLB/S that we just started recruiting again a few weeks ago. I think will be alright. Good luck to the young man though.

Commercecomet24
01-29-2018, 09:05 PM
oh no, shut the program down. We lost a 3 star hybrid OLB/S that we just started recruiting again a few weeks ago. I think will be alright. Good luck to the young man though.

Hoops you are one of my favorite posters.

msstate7
01-29-2018, 09:07 PM

Well to be fair, we have not added 1 recruit since the coaching change yet while other new staffs are poaching ours. I am thrilled we got all our early signees in the boat, but I wanna see us close on someone this period

civildawg
01-29-2018, 09:07 PM

Are we going to keep saying this for all the recruits that we have lost the last couple of weeks? We needed him. Plain and simple.

klong-dog
01-29-2018, 09:08 PM
I like our class. I just hope it's not a sign of things to come in the long run with this staff. Hopefully they'll figure it out.

BuckyIsAB****
01-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Moorhead and staff are gonna have to learn how to play the game down here and how much more vicious recruiting is in the SEC rather than the big 10.

I get why people are worried but If we close on a few we're targeting folks will feel better

Commercecomet24
01-29-2018, 09:12 PM
This staff is already putting in more work than the last staff did. They are not gonna be outworked from what I?ve seen and heard. I can assure you with this staff we won?t just offer guys who come to camp. It?s a new era, just give it some time.

Gutter Cobreh
01-29-2018, 09:13 PM
I like our class. I just hope it's not a sign of things to come in the long run with this staff. Hopefully they'll figure it out.

Winning on the field will cure any recruiting issues...if we turn in a crappy start to the season - hit the panic button. Until games are actually being played under the new staff, patience is a virtue we all need to exhibit!

msstate7
01-29-2018, 09:14 PM
Moorhead and staff are gonna have to learn how to play the game down here and how much more vicious recruiting is in the SEC rather than the big 10.

I get why people are worried but If we close on a few we're targeting folks will feel better

Smith, Sampson, and Lovett. Get those 3 and I feel much better

klong-dog
01-29-2018, 09:15 PM
It be different if we were losing these croots to established programs and staffs but we're not. UPigg and UT just hired new coaches as well.

Commercecomet24
01-29-2018, 09:18 PM
Winning on the field will cure any recruiting issues...if we turn in a crappy start to the season - hit the panic button. Until games are actually being played under the new staff, patience is a virtue we all need to exhibit!

This. I?ve already heard a few things about this staff (positive) that I never ever heard about the last staff. Coach JoMo has a plan. This isn?t some hayseed. He gets it and the people on his staff know what he expects. He?s already impressed some influential folks that don?t easily impress. Just be patient.

Cooterpoot
01-29-2018, 09:18 PM
Well to be fair, we have not added 1 recruit since the coaching change yet while other new staffs are poaching ours. I am thrilled we got all our early signees in the boat, but I wanna see us close on someone this period

We got all the big fish early. The class was set except for Hevs bumfucling recruiting. Ark got a kid that loved Ark from day one. A backup plan project OL (bumfucling). A kid whose coach got in his business. And maybe a LB that we dropped. All that shit is on the bumfucling of our previous staff.

HoopsDawg
01-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Are we going to keep saying this for all the recruits that we have lost the last couple of weeks? We needed him. Plain and simple.

If we don't sign Eddie Smith and Fabien Lovett, I will be disappointed. I can't get mad about losing Brule, Winkel or McDowell.

Commercecomet24
01-29-2018, 09:21 PM
We got all the big fish early. The class was set except for Hevs bumfucling recruiting. Ark got a kid that loved Ark from day one. A backup plan project OL (bumfucling). A kid whose coach got in his business. And maybe a LB that we dropped. All that shit is on the bumfucling of our previous staff.

That?s about as good a synopsis as I?ve heard. Well put. These screw ups ain?t on Joe.

msstate7
01-29-2018, 09:22 PM

Fair enough... we want Lovett, Sampson, and smith, right? Everyone agree with this? If we get these 3, I am thrilled. If we miss though, I do not wanna read how overrated/unwanted/whatever they are

BuckyIsAB****
01-29-2018, 09:23 PM
It be different if we were losing these croots to established programs and staffs but we're not. UPigg and UT just hired new coaches as well.

Both those HC's have recruiting experience and ties in the south. It doesnt come down to just the HC but their staffs probably all have played the game down here before.

Moorhead, Huff, Lukabu, Breiner, Getsy havent.

BuckyIsAB****
01-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Smith, Sampson, and Lovett. Get those 3 and I feel much better

If we get Eddie Smith I wouldnt worry bout our recruiting going forward. Whoever gets him to sign needs a raise and an extension

tcdog70
01-29-2018, 09:42 PM
Holy Moly, can we just wait and see who signs with who before we mully grub over and over about how shitty our new coaches are. I think I like our Coaches way more that The Hogs Coaches. I know this is a slow time, but have some faith, the Job they did keeping our must-have recruits makes me have some faith in how they will finish. HAIL STATE!

Jack Lambert
01-29-2018, 09:50 PM
Maybe it's the new staff moving on to someone else they think we need more.

bulldawg28
01-29-2018, 09:52 PM
Meltdown queens

Cooterpoot
01-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Both those HC's have recruiting experience and ties in the south. It doesnt come down to just the HC but their staffs probably all have played the game down here before.

Moorhead, Huff, Lukabu, Breiner, Getsy havent.

We’re getting better players. We’re finally moving away from what our previous staff bumfucled.

Commercecomet24
01-29-2018, 09:56 PM
We’re getting better players. We’re finally moving away from what our previous staff bumfucled.

Right on!

Homedawg
01-29-2018, 09:58 PM
I like Moorhead. But if we don't sign 20 this is a huge disappointment. Period. I'll let it play out though.

Dawg61
01-29-2018, 10:06 PM
I am disappointed in this melt thread. It's not a real melt thread till Shotgun joins in the freak out.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/35/35c4e8d470e6356657f677d8cb74bc357806d6bc3eab38e264 ac3eb061bfc543.jpg

MetEdDawg
01-29-2018, 10:10 PM
It?s amazing at how many adults complain about the instant gratification society our kids live in, then come on a message board and complain because our brand new coach hasn?t gotten commits from any ?new? players in two months to appease their sense of a need to compete with other schools. Some of us just want any kind of commit to make ourselves feel better. That?s a total loss of perspective.

Signing today isn?t today folks. We are going to be fine. If you are concerned about us losing 3 middle of the road guys to Arkansas, you?ve lost all perspective on what?s going on. Calm the hell down and let our staff do their job. They don?t need arm chair recruiters telling them what to do. If you can?t notice that this staff is doing everything a hell of a lot better than the previous staff than you don?t understand anything about teenagers, what they value, and the process we are going through to make ourselves a more recognizable brand.

msstate7
01-29-2018, 10:10 PM
I like Moorhead. But if we don't sign 20 this is a huge disappointment. Period. I'll let it play out though.

Currently at 15 signees. We have 4 commits... 1 will not qualify and 1 will flip any minute. This puts us at 17. Obviously the 3 we want are Sampson, Lovett, and smith. If we get those great; but if we miss, we are really starting to reach, right?

msstate7
01-29-2018, 10:15 PM
It?s amazing at how many adults complain about the instant gratification society our kids live in, then come on a message board and complain because our brand new coach hasn?t gotten commits from any ?new? players in two months to appease their sense of a need to compete with other schools. Some of us just want any kind of commit to make ourselves feel better. That?s a total loss of perspective.

Signing today isn?t today folks. We are going to be fine. If you are concerned about us losing 3 middle of the road guys to Arkansas, you?ve lost all perspective on what?s going on. Calm the hell down and let our staff do their job. They don?t need arm chair recruiters telling them what to do. If you can?t notice that this staff is doing everything a hell of a lot better than the previous staff than you don?t understand anything about teenagers, what they value, and the process we are going through to make ourselves a more recognizable brand.

It is actually 4 that ark is close to hitting us for.

If the same guys all flipped/committed to om, the melt here would be pushing level 10. Ark is an sec west school too though, so I do not like losing kids to them. If all of those guys signed with us, everyone would be celebrating them as real sleepers in this class or whatever. I hate the we did not want them anyway...

Homedawg
01-29-2018, 10:23 PM
Currently at 15 signees. We have 4 commits... 1 will not qualify and 1 will flip any minute. This puts us at 17. Obviously the 3 we want are Sampson, Lovett, and smith. If we get those great; but if we miss, we are really starting to reach, right?

You read what I said, and ill stand by it.... recruiting is by and far a relationship game. And kudos to the staff for hanging on to the top 14 of 15. But we have to sign 20 sec players. Not 20 throw ins. And the 20 wouldn't be that big of a deal except that we will have attrition this spring and we have a huge sr class w early entries next year. Dan started this mess, don't need to make it worse. Again, I won't jump until signing day, plans are place, just get 20 sec guys... in school

MetEdDawg
01-29-2018, 10:25 PM

If the same guys all flipped/committed to om, the melt here would be pushing level 10. Ark is an sec west school too though, so I do not like losing kids to them. If all of those guys signed with us, everyone would be celebrating them as real sleepers in this class or whatever. I hate the we did not want them anyway...

That’s why we aren’t a good fan base at recruiting. If we are losing middle tier recruits to rivals or conference foes and melting, then we aren’t good and we need to realize that.

We have an extreme lack of knowledge as a fan base about recruiting. Plain and simple. We aren’t good at it. Even losing 4 middle tier 3 stars to a team we’ve clearly surpassed doesn’t bother me. If Brule and Mason and a couple others are not replaceable and the difference between being good and bad, we aren’t anywhere close to being a good football program.

I’m not going to judge this class yet because it’s not over yet. There’s more than a week left and our staff is working hard. Melting is a pack mentality to make everyone feel better about being unsure. Let the damn staff do their job. People want to know what’s going on. I get it. But let Moorhead at least get through one small portion of a recruiting cycle before we start getting scared about Arkansas passing us.

Homedawg
01-29-2018, 10:26 PM
What scares me more is we are in bad low at ol, cb and lb for the future.....and dl isn't far behind. Actually dl is worse than ol except ol takes longer to mature. 2019 and our dl Will be super young.

Bdawg
01-29-2018, 10:50 PM

I’m with you on this. We wouldn’t be recruiting them and spending resources on them if we didn’t want them. Now that said, I’m not melting over them either. It was a good job by our staff to get back on Lovett, push for smith, and hopefully pull this lineman from Michigan. Our old staff wouldn’t come close to doing this. I only hope we replace guys we lost off our board with equally talented guys. No need signing guys that won’t hack it in the sec. Just need to get through this year and next year will show what our coaching staff is really made of.

yjnkdawg
01-29-2018, 10:51 PM
That’s why we aren’t a good fan base at recruiting. If we are losing middle tier recruits to rivals or conference foes and melting, then we aren’t good and we need to realize that.

We have an extreme lack of knowledge as a fan base about recruiting. Plain and simple. We aren’t good at it. Even losing 4 middle tier 3 stars to a team we’ve clearly surpassed doesn’t bother me. If Brule and Mason and a couple others are not replaceable and the difference between being good and bad, we aren’t anywhere close to being a good football program.

I’m not going to judge this class yet because it’s not over yet. There’s more than a week left and our staff is working hard. Melting is a pack mentality to make everyone feel better about being unsure. Let the damn staff do their job. People want to know what’s going on. I get it. But let Moorhead at least get through one small portion of a recruiting cycle before we start getting scared about Arkansas passing us.

This whole post couldn't have been said any better, but especially the bold part. Those types of posters just don't realize how many people get fed up with the "The sky is falling mentality in recruiting" comments. Hopefully they will understand your post.

yjnkdawg
01-29-2018, 10:54 PM

LOL ON the 4th one (Brule) that is based on what Shotgun heard. On one other one.... Let's just say this is a what if scenario. If it was indicated to a recruit that they would have a job with a major nationwide ARK corporation when they graduated, then do you think that may have some bearing on their decision on where they go to school?

msstate7
01-29-2018, 10:55 PM
LOL ON the 4th one (Brule) that is based on what Shotgun heard. On one other one.... Let's just say this is a what if scenario. If it was indicated to a recruit that they would have a job with a major nationwide ARK corporation when they graduated, then do you think that may have some bearing on their decision on where they go to school?

Shotgun must have convinced Robbie too

yjnkdawg
01-29-2018, 10:58 PM
I?m with you on this. We wouldn?t be recruiting them and spending resources on them if we didn?t want them. Now that said, I?m not melting over them either. It was a good job by our staff to get back on Lovett, push for smith, and hopefully pull this lineman from Michigan. Our old staff wouldn?t come close to doing this. I only hope we replace guys we lost off our board with equally talented guys. No need signing guys that won?t hack it in the sec. Just need to get through this year and next year will show what our coaching staff is really made of.

And the OL recruit from KS should be an upgrade too.

Bdawg
01-29-2018, 10:59 PM

Didn’t know it took a Upig degree to run a Walmart register!******

Bdawg
01-29-2018, 11:00 PM

Sorry haven’t seen him. Elaborate please

yjnkdawg
01-29-2018, 11:00 PM
Shotgun must have convinced Robbie too

I hadn't seen what Robbie said, but I doubt he is one of Robbie's source.

msstate7
01-29-2018, 11:03 PM

Hopefully he does not commit to Nebraska on official this week

msstate7
01-29-2018, 11:03 PM
I hadn't seen what Robbie said, but I doubt he is one of Robbie's source.

Robbie flipped his CB to ark

Dawg61
01-29-2018, 11:15 PM
Didn?t know it took a Upig degree to run a Walmart register!******

https://media.giphy.com/media/NHdTeJ1KjdCDK/giphy.gif

Bdawg
01-29-2018, 11:20 PM

Damn. :)

yjnkdawg
01-29-2018, 11:22 PM

LOL ...Me either.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2018, 11:27 PM
I'm just amazed at the excuses some of you are making for the new staff.

Arkansas has a new staff as well & they are smoking us head to head.

The question is: Why?

yjnkdawg
01-29-2018, 11:28 PM
Robbie flipped his CB to ark

I don't think JoeMo's in home with Brule has been cancelled for tomorrow. Not sure about the CB.

Dawg61
01-29-2018, 11:29 PM

Now it's a melt thread.

https://media.giphy.com/media/WI4dxbzOe2bx6/giphy.gif

yjnkdawg
01-29-2018, 11:31 PM
https://247sports.com/player/jalan-robinson-46051523[

QUOTE=Bdawg;878526]Sorry haven?t seen him. Elaborate please[/QUOTE]

yjnkdawg
01-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Now it's a melt thread.

Yep :eek:

Commercecomet24
01-29-2018, 11:35 PM
Now it's a melt thread.

Hahaha! You nailed it!

msstate7
01-29-2018, 11:37 PM

We did not want bishop, mason, winkel, carvin, McDowell, or Brule... unless we keep brule... then he is a stud sleeper

Bdawg
01-29-2018, 11:39 PM

Not sure what tactics he’s using, but it’s working. Pisses me off too but no need crying over it. Maybe they just like them better for some reason. Damn good shot of early playing time over there. Probably a good shot of early PT for CBs at MSU though too. Don’t know if anyone has an answer for you, but Morris has always been talked about as being a good recruiter. Just have to step our game up somehow.

Bothrops
01-29-2018, 11:41 PM
We did not want bishop, mason, winkel, carvin, McDowell, or Brule... unless we keep brule... then he is a stud sleeper

Correct Brule is a player. Now Robinson has been offered by Nebraska..

msstate7
01-29-2018, 11:43 PM

We do not want him either haha

Bdawg
01-29-2018, 11:44 PM

Ha. I like what your saying. But like somebody said earlier, it’s ok to lose some if you can replace them with equal talent. I just don’t want the talent level to drop much when going to the next man up.

Cooterpoot
01-29-2018, 11:52 PM

Our previous staff didn’t even want Winkel and Brule. Neither will make or break a damn thing.

msstate7
01-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Our previous staff didn’t even want Winkel and Brule. Neither will make or break a damn thing.

Our present staff wants them.

Cooterpoot
01-29-2018, 11:57 PM
Our present staff wants them.

Our current staff just stuck with the connections we already made. They’ve been on the two new OL for a couple weeks. Hell, our staff has only been complete 3 weeks.

yjnkdawg
01-30-2018, 12:04 AM

I think Robinson might rather play in the SEC than the Big 12.

yjnkdawg
01-30-2018, 12:16 AM
Our current staff just stuck with the connections we already made. They’ve been on the two new OL for a couple weeks. Hell, our staff has only been complete 3 weeks.

Some posters on here just can't seem to comprehend this, or it's just in their genetics to complain.

Bothrops
01-30-2018, 12:17 AM

Nebraska is Big 10 now

msstate7
01-30-2018, 12:18 AM
Some posters on here just can't seem to comprehend this, or it's just in their genetics to complain.

If that is the reason, why does it not affect ark and tenn?

Commercecomet24
01-30-2018, 12:18 AM

I think it must be hereditary because even when something good happens they find something negative. The little lights are not twinkling Clark syndrome.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 12:19 AM
Nebraska is Big 10 now

SInce 2011

yjnkdawg
01-30-2018, 12:53 AM
Nebraska is Big 10 now

Yep...my bad......too late for me to be posting.......... :(

msbulldog
01-30-2018, 07:30 AM

247 Team Rankings today: MSU #27 Ark #58

msbulldog
01-30-2018, 07:33 AM

Nebraska is B10.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 08:02 AM
247 Team Rankings today: MSU #27 Ark #58

True. Where does each team rank if we have mason, bishop, and winkel?

Dawg61
01-30-2018, 08:21 AM
True. Where does each team rank if we have mason, bishop, and winkel?

Right about where "he just shit on this thread with that post" currently is.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 08:39 AM
Right about where "he just shit on this thread with that post" currently is.

Our avg rating per player is .8721. Bishop and mason are both rated better than that. Brule is too if we lose him. I guess as long as we outrecruit ark everything is cool.

After the championship game, saban was asked how he built this dynasty... he responded by out recruiting Arkansas of course**

Dawg61
01-30-2018, 08:42 AM
Our avg rating per player is .8721. Bishop and mason are both rated better than that. Brule is too if we lose him. I guess as long as we outrecruit ark everything is cool.

After the championship game, saban was asked how he built this dynasty... he responded by out recruiting Arkansas of course**

Keep melting

msstate7
01-30-2018, 08:45 AM
Keep melting

If we keep losing recruits, I will.

basedog
01-30-2018, 09:12 AM
If we keep losing recruits, I will.

Dude, you shouldn't believe what so call recruiting experts predict, time tells the story about recruiting in 2 or 3 years. If Mullen "coached up" then what I've heard about Joe and his staff, they will not only recruit better but I believe "Coach them up".

Btw, go back and look up the start of the so called "dirty dozen" players and see how that played.

QuadrupleOption
01-30-2018, 09:44 AM
Holy Moly, can we just wait and see who signs with who before we mully grub over and over about how shitty our new coaches are. I think I like our Coaches way more that The Hogs Coaches. I know this is a slow time, but have some faith, the Job they did keeping our must-have recruits makes me have some faith in how they will finish. HAIL STATE!

No way man. It wouldn't be an MSU message board without having a recruiting meltdown in January.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 09:50 AM
No way man. It wouldn't be an SEC message board without having a recruiting meltdown in January.

Fify

You guys act like we are the only fanbase that melts in recruiting

bulldawg28
01-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Fify

It's only a couple of people. I still don't get why you melt over someone who doesn't want to be here. Did you almost commit suicide anytime a girl turned you down?

MetEdDawg
01-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Fify

We are the only one that melts over losing middle tier 3 star guys to arkansas. I can guarantee that.

Dawg61
01-30-2018, 10:03 AM
Fify

Where do you see someone saying this is specific to only MSU fans? There's a certain few of you that melt more than the rest and if this was another SEC message board for another SEC team you'd be getting shit for melting too often and too hard on that board too. Reason why? Because you melt too often and too hard over stupid shit. Save it for when it really deserves it. You aren't making the coaches recruit better when you melt everyday over everything.

basedog
01-30-2018, 10:03 AM
It's only a couple of people. I still don't get why you melt over someone who doesn't want to be here. Did you almost commit suicide anytime a girl turned you down?

You bringing the heat! LOL

+1

msstate7
01-30-2018, 10:06 AM

Yes

msstate7
01-30-2018, 10:08 AM
You aren't making the coaches recruit better when you melt everyday over everything.

Let us figure out what will then bc they need to pick it up

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2018, 10:12 AM
Let us figure out what will then bc they need to pick it up

I try not to get into these back & forths but the melts for situations like Brule (who hasn't committed anywhere by the way) far outweigh the good news of Tyrone Sampson or the great weekend we had with Lovett or how we're going for to toe & holding our own against Bama & TN for Eddie Smith. Not directed at you but bad news or perceived bad news always seem to get more attention than any good news.

basedog
01-30-2018, 10:19 AM
I try not to get into these back & forths but the melts for situations like Brule (who hasn't committed anywhere by the way) far outweigh the good news of Tyrone Sampson or the great weekend we had with Lovett or how we're going for to toe & holding our own against Bama & TN for Eddie Smith. Not directed at you but bad news or perceived bad news always seem to get more attention than any good news.

Well said Iyok, but you can't fix stupid and the naysayers "melting" is funny.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 10:19 AM

I have said throughout that if we get smith, Lovett, and Sampson, I am happy. It is hard to be confident with how things have shaken out of late though... we were looking great with mason, winkel, and brule too

Commercecomet24
01-30-2018, 10:22 AM

There?s so much to like about what the staff has accomplished on the recruiting trail and how hard they?re working. Is it perfect? No, but the effort is definitely there and they?ve landed some big fish with more on the line.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 10:25 AM
There?s so much to like about what the staff has accomplished on the recruiting trail and how hard they?re working. Is it perfect? No, but the effort is definitely there and they?ve landed some big fish with more on the line.

What big fish have they landed?

Commercecomet24
01-30-2018, 10:32 AM

Do you not remember the players we signed in December? Yeah the other staff recruited them but joe closed the deal. You keep blaming this staff for ?losing ? recruits that the other staff recruited so in turn you have to give them credit for the ones signed. Geez

Dawg61
01-30-2018, 10:35 AM

Didn't we add a top 5 WR class this year? All that melting made you forget about the good things. Moorhead has a top 20 offense. We will be very nice on that side of the ball.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 10:39 AM
Didn't we add a top 5 WR class this year? All that melting made you forget about the good things. Moorhead has a top 20 offense. We will be very nice on that side of the ball.

We will be great this year on both sides of the ball. I have no doubt about that. I am looking at 2019 and beyond... we lose a ton next season... a ton

bulldawg28
01-30-2018, 10:42 AM
Yes

Lmao...I can't be upset. Calm down. It always works out.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 10:54 AM
Lmao...I can't be upset. Calm down. It always works out.

I know, but I love to rachet up the drama.

Doggie_Style
01-30-2018, 11:42 AM
Do you not remember the players we signed in December? Yeah the other staff recruited them but joe closed the deal. You keep blaming this staff for ?losing ? recruits that the other staff recruited so in turn you have to give them credit for the ones signed. Geez

Most of us are trying to evaluate the recruiting ability of our new staff. I think most also understand the difficult task they were given considering the timing of early signing. That being said, the jury doesn't convene until next week. Joe and company have obviously been pounding the pavement and were mostly successful in the early period. Their effort to add the final 5-7 players has been a knife fight and it's anybody's guess as to how it will turn out. In any case Joe will have to create an image and reputation on the field before he is able to recruit at the highest levels. Not melting....

Commercecomet24
01-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Most of us are trying to evaluate the recruiting ability of our new staff. I think most also understand the difficult task they were given considering the timing of early signing. That being said, the jury doesn't convene until next week. Joe and company have obviously been pounding the pavement and were mostly successful in the early period. Their effort to add the final 5-7 players has been a knife fight and it's anybody's guess as to how it will turn out. In any case Joe will have to create an image and reputation on the field before he is able to recruit at the highest levels. Not melting....

Absolutely, we need to see how we finish next week and the real story about this staffs recruiting won't really be known until the 2019 class. I have patience to see how it plays out, some others do no and I can understand their angst. With what I've seen and heard from Joe and his staff already I firmly believe we are gonna be just fine, just have to give the man the time to work his plan. He has a plan that will be different from what we have seen in the past. Give him time.

Gutter Cobreh
01-30-2018, 12:31 PM
I know, but I love to rachet up the drama.

You obviously have too much time on your hands if that is the case....

Looking at your join date and number of posts, it equates to roughly 21 posts every day for last 4 years and 10 months....

With all due respect, please connect with Shotgun and you two find a hobby to lessen your obsession with Elitedawgs. Go fishing, play golf/tennis, or even help Tusk refine his meth formulary. Something to take your mind off being critical of all things surrounding State athletics.

msstate7
01-30-2018, 12:37 PM

Looking at your join date and number of posts, it equates to roughly 21 posts every day for last 4 years and 10 months....

With all due respect, please connect with Shotgun and you two find a hobby to lessen your obsession with Elitedawgs. Go fishing, play golf/tennis, or even help Tusk refine his meth formulary. Something to take your mind off being critical of all things surrounding State athletics.

Thanks for the advice, life coach

Coach34
01-30-2018, 12:49 PM
Our avg rating per player is .8721.

This is so OM mentality.

I just cant let that hold too much weight when you see the OM site guys boost OM recruits just because of an OM offer or when they commit to OM. Our avg star rating has been about 9th in the SEC the last 4 years. Do you think we are the 9th best SEC team heading into 2018?

basedog
01-30-2018, 12:54 PM

Rep given!

msstate7
01-30-2018, 12:54 PM
This is so OM mentality.

I just cant let that hold too much weight when you see the OM site guys boost OM recruits just because of an OM offer or when they commit to OM. Our avg star rating has been about 9th in the SEC the last 4 years. Do you think we are the 9th best SEC team heading into 2018?

No, I do not.

Do you not find it concerning when we lose players we obviously want to another sec West program?

Coach34
01-30-2018, 12:59 PM
No, I do not.

Do you not find it concerning when we lose players we obviously want to another sec West program?

I'll only be concerned if we dont pull Lovett and the OL guy from Michigan. We need trench guys for the future. The rest at this point is fluff.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-30-2018, 02:30 PM
Guys this is getting insane. 7 is not shotgun- shotgun just wants to crap on everything we do, 7 is being consistent and honestly was more rational than the rest of you.

"It's fine he's not a difference maker"- then why do we want him? The staff clearly believes guys like Winkel and Brule are worth having moreso than whoever is next on the board, so of course it matters.

"Oh We have a new staff"- Arkansas staff has no more relationship with Brule, Mason, Biship, or Winkel, than we do. You can say Winkel will get early playing time, and Bishop was an Arky fan the whole time... but the other 2 have 0 excuses. We graduate 3 safeties this year so they'd get to play pretty early.

"These guys are easily replaceable, none of them would be starters anyway"- There's a big difference between a backup that can give you serviceable snaps and a guy that gets burned every play. You need depth, of course getting the best possible players matters vs getting the 2nd or 3rd guy on the board at that position.

"Everything always works out in the end"- How do you define "works out"? Even Saban and Kirby would say they want to recruit better

"Chad Morris is a proven recruiter"- yet he's not flipping guys from A&M or LSU, just us.

"Our class is still better than theirs"- so? Is our only goal as a program to be better than Arky? If Arky was 80th in the rankings would you be fine with us being 50th, or is this just another way to redirect of the fact we are losing guys we want to Arky?

"You post too much"- Doesn't actually address 7's points at all

"Stop melting"- doesn't address 7's points and is another attempt to make the poster seem irrational so you don't have to look at the facts.

All 7 is saying is that we clearly wanted these guys, and it's not good to be losing guys that you want. He hasn't condemned the staff, he hasn't said the class sucks, he hasn't said the staff 100% won't savage the situation... all he's saying is that IF the staff tries to get a player, and IF that player signs with another team, then our staff got out recruited. There is no debate about that, it's a fact. How much these players affect the program is up for debate, but the fact is we are losing guys we want left and right to Arky.

At what point is 7 allowed to be concerned? Was every complaint about Muffins' recruiting effort "melting", or was is based on an actual trend? In the same way, we've lost 4 guys to arky.

I'm not even melting. I personally thing Moorhead will recruit great given time to build connections with his targets... but y'alls points against 7 are all terrible. He has a valid point, and y'all are too scared of him being right to see it

msstate7
01-30-2018, 02:35 PM
I'll only be concerned if we dont pull Lovett and the OL guy from Michigan. We need trench guys for the future. The rest at this point is fluff.

I do not know about fluff, but we desperately need smith, Lovett, and/or Detroit/Kansas. They are the key to this class

MetEdDawg
01-30-2018, 03:05 PM
Guys this is getting insane. 7 is not shotgun- shotgun just wants to crap on everything we do, 7 is being consistent and honestly was more rational than the rest of you.

"It's fine he's not a difference maker"- then why do we want him? The staff clearly believes guys like Winkel and Brule are worth having moreso than whoever is next on the board, so of course it matters.

"Oh We have a new staff"- Arkansas staff has no more relationship with Brule, Mason, Biship, or Winkel, than we do. You can say Winkel will get early playing time, and Bishop was an Arky fan the whole time... but the other 2 have 0 excuses. We graduate 3 safeties this year so they'd get to play pretty early.

"These guys are easily replaceable, none of them would be starters anyway"- There's a big difference between a backup that can give you serviceable snaps and a guy that gets burned every play. You need depth, of course getting the best possible players matters vs getting the 2nd or 3rd guy on the board at that position.

"Everything always works out in the end"- How do you define "works out"? Even Saban and Kirby would say they want to recruit better

"Chad Morris is a proven recruiter"- yet he's not flipping guys from A&M or LSU, just us.

"Our class is still better than theirs"- so? Is our only goal as a program to be better than Arky? If Arky was 80th in the rankings would you be fine with us being 50th, or is this just another way to redirect of the fact we are losing guys we want to Arky?

"Stop melting"- doesn't address 7's points and is another attempt to make the poster seem irrational so you don't have to look at the facts.

All 7 is saying is that we clearly wanted these guys, and it's not good to be losing guys that you want. He hasn't condemned the staff, he hasn't said the class sucks, he hasn't said the staff 100% won't savage the situation... all he's saying is that IF the staff tries to get a player, and IF that player signs with another team, then our staff got out recruited. There is no debate about that, it's a fact. How much these players affect the program is up for debate, but the fact is we are losing guys we want left and right to Arky.

At what point is 7 allowed to be concerned? Was every complaint about Muffins' recruiting effort "melting", or was is based on an actual trend? In the same way, we've lost 4 guys to arky.

I'm not even melting. I personally thing Moorhead will recruit great given time to build connections with his targets... but y'alls points against 7 are all terrible. He has a valid point, and y'all are too scared of him being right to see it

It doesn't matter if his points are right or not in the end. But for right now at this very moment they are wildly insane for right now. You can be concerned about Moorhead, but to judge him with a week left in recruiting while we are not only still visiting recruits but still offering guys is the literal definition of sky is falling.

7 may end up right in the end. Ok then we get upset a little. But we are going to pull a Top 30 class regardless and our staff will have done that and held it together with about 2 months on the job. That's not easy to do.

We could have gone out an got a guy like Pruitt that has a ton of southern connections and probably gotten a better class. Or we could be perfectly ok with one of the offensive geniuses of college football who hired a damn fine staff that long term is going to just fine setting up shop here and getting recruiting in the direction it needs to go. Pruitt has a great pedigree. But so does Moorhead and he's been a HC before. People freaking out just piss me off more, even if it's a schtick to drum up comments. It makes us look dumb.

Saying we are screwed or look dumb for losing 3-4 middle tier guys to Arkansas is idiocy plain and simple. You can't call it anything else. I'll take Brule as a last minute piece. But anyone saying he's certainly a game changer 4 years down the road is over doing something to try and get their point across.

I think most of us just want to let the staff do their thing and judge them accordingly after signing day. Some people commenting on recruiting have no clue about the process other than what recruiting sites tell them. I'll say as a teacher that currently teaches kids being D1 recruited that it isn't nearly as simple as some of you guys make it out to be. Yeah we love MSU. But for a teenager there's a lot more at stake for this decision and whether you like it or not, relationships matter to kids, especially in the short term.

So calm the hell down and let's wait until after signing day to lose our crap.

Gutter Cobreh
01-30-2018, 03:15 PM

Is there a trend - yes. As such, there should be discussion around it. I don't mind reading/discussing those individual incidents. The line should be drawn when bashing of the current coaching staff enters the discussion. They can't make any kid choose to attend State, and as such it doesn't equate to the effort they are putting in on the recruiting trail.

I've read ad nauseam about Arkies new staff so all is equal in comparison. That's nonsense, plain and simple, as we all know there are countless variables that go into a recruit's decision.

Recruiting melts have ranged from Starville sucks, the country club is lazy, the new staff doesn't have southern ties, we recruit too large of a geography, our focus is too narrow, we only look for "diamonds", we need more highly rated stars, the recruiting sites are too lazy to evaluate players properly, yada, yada, yada....

When signing day arrives, we will pump those that picked us and play down those we lost to other programs. At the end of the day, winning on the field cures all!!! I'm excited about having a new coaching staff and think they have the ability to do special things here.

Gutter Cobreh
01-30-2018, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the advice, life coach

I'm the Hev of Life Coaches, so if you need my services - you'll need to attend my camp. I can't recruit clients to save my life, but once I get you on board - I'll coach your ass up!!!

msstate7
01-30-2018, 03:24 PM
I'm the Hev of Life Coaches, so if you need my services - you'll need to attend my camp. I can't recruit clients to save my life, but once I get you on board - I'll coach your ass up!!!

Haha

QuadrupleOption
01-30-2018, 03:59 PM

We are MState. We'd rather lose our shit over who we didn't get than appreciate the ones we did. I'll say it now - we'll be fine. I'd rather have players that WANT to be here than someone who'd rather be somewhere else. If recruits want to go elsewhere, best of luck to them.

Bothrops
01-30-2018, 04:33 PM
This place would be a diarrhea fest right now if it weren't for the early signing period.

DeputyDawg94
01-30-2018, 05:22 PM

I have talked to multiple meth heads on the MS/AL line. They all swear that Tusk's meth formula is better than the Mexican Cartels.

Gutter Cobreh
01-30-2018, 10:02 PM
I have talked to multiple meth heads on the MS/AL line. They all swear that Tusk's meth formula is better than the Mexican Cartels.

Figured as much. No way one (like Tusk) can use dog-eared fencing for the skirt of his double wide unless he's making "bank"....

gravedigger
01-30-2018, 10:25 PM
That?s about as good a synopsis as I?ve heard. Well put. These screw ups ain?t on Joe.

What nobody on here who seems to live and die by these stories realizes is that most coaches have different ways of evaluating. Some better than others. Whether we lost a great recruit has to do with how much our staff valued them based on others they are still trying to get.

One thing is for sure, college coaches aren?t looking through the same lens we are.

So it is fruitless to be emboldened or frantic until our coaches have time to work with what they have and we have a pretty solid base.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2018, 10:29 PM
What nobody on here who seems to live and die by these stories realizes is that most coaches have different ways of evaluating. Some better than others. Whether we lost a great recruit has to do with how much our staff valued them based on others they are still trying to get.

One thing is for sure, college coaches aren?t looking through the same lens we are.

So it is fruitless to be emboldened or frantic until our coaches have time to work with what they have and we have a pretty solid base.

Exactly. Well said. What and who a coach wants is not determined by the wants of message board recruiting gurus.

Todd4State
01-30-2018, 11:33 PM
It doesn't matter if his points are right or not in the end. But for right now at this very moment they are wildly insane for right now. You can be concerned about Moorhead, but to judge him with a week left in recruiting while we are not only still visiting recruits but still offering guys is the literal definition of sky is falling.

7 may end up right in the end. Ok then we get upset a little. But we are going to pull a Top 30 class regardless and our staff will have done that and held it together with about 2 months on the job. That's not easy to do.

We could have gone out an got a guy like Pruitt that has a ton of southern connections and probably gotten a better class. Or we could be perfectly ok with one of the offensive geniuses of college football who hired a damn fine staff that long term is going to just fine setting up shop here and getting recruiting in the direction it needs to go. Pruitt has a great pedigree. But so does Moorhead and he's been a HC before. People freaking out just piss me off more, even if it's a schtick to drum up comments. It makes us look dumb.

Saying we are screwed or look dumb for losing 3-4 middle tier guys to Arkansas is idiocy plain and simple. You can't call it anything else. I'll take Brule as a last minute piece. But anyone saying he's certainly a game changer 4 years down the road is over doing something to try and get their point across.

I think most of us just want to let the staff do their thing and judge them accordingly after signing day. Some people commenting on recruiting have no clue about the process other than what recruiting sites tell them. I'll say as a teacher that currently teaches kids being D1 recruited that it isn't nearly as simple as some of you guys make it out to be. Yeah we love MSU. But for a teenager there's a lot more at stake for this decision and whether you like it or not, relationships matter to kids, especially in the short term.

So calm the hell down and let's wait until after signing day to lose our crap.

This is everything I would have said. Great post.

Moorhead's real test to me comes next year. All of the players we are in danger of losing or have lost are out of state players. That's a good sign to me.

biggun
01-31-2018, 04:50 AM

Several valid points, nice job. Also, I am probably the only one but just not a fan of ? he?s melting? or any sentence with ?melting? in it unless referring to snow or ice.

bulldawg28
01-31-2018, 07:41 AM
I do not know about fluff, but we desperately need smith, Lovett, and/or Detroit/Kansas. They are the key to this class

Stop trolling.

msstate7
01-31-2018, 07:48 AM
Stop trolling.

You do not think we need Lovett, smith, and Sampson/robinson?

bulldawg28
01-31-2018, 08:06 AM
You do not think we need Lovett, smith, and Sampson/Johnson?

Need, no. Getting the numbers on certain positions this versus next, yes. We signed two or 3 corners last year. We did the same with OL. Those guys mentioned would play but highly unlikely for 2 years. We'll sign more guys that will compete regardless within 2 years and the numbers will be fine for the team. So stop trolling.