PDA

View Full Version : As predicted by yours truly 2 years ago- article out on Jeffrey Simmons

Coach34
01-29-2018, 04:22 PM
http://gridironnow.com/time-admit-wrong-mississippi-states-jeffery-simmons/

"Off the field, he?s a member of the SEC?s Academic Honor Roll (http://www.secsports.com/article/19760651/2016-17-first-year-sec-academic-honor-roll). On the field, he?s a first-team all-conference performer on the defensive line. He?s been praised for his leadership (http://gridironnow.com/dan-mullen-leadership-jeffery-simmons/). He hasn?t found a sniff of trouble."

Jack Lambert
01-29-2018, 04:37 PM
The dude was helping his sister with a bully. I didn't see a problem with it at the time. Maybe he should have let up a little when she was down but rest assured, bullies don't just pick on one kid. She probably got some past due ass whipping. It all evened out. I want to add to all you Ole Miss lurkers who defended those two ass hat brothers you had on your team, you can kiss my ass.

thf24
01-29-2018, 04:52 PM
I want to add to all you Ole Miss lurkers who defended those two ass hat brothers you had on your team, you can kiss my ass.

And guys like Stringfellow, to which nothing happend after being on video beating people on the Square months after arriving in Oxford while supposedly being on a short-leash, one-strike basis due to similar incidents that got him there. I guess these off-the-field incidents are only wrong and immoral if you admit they happened.

Tbonewannabe
01-29-2018, 05:01 PM
The dude was helping his sister with a bully. I didn't see a problem with it at the time. Maybe he should have let up a little when she was down but rest assured, bullies don't just pick on one kid. She probably got some past due ass whipping. It all evened out. I want to add to all you Ole Miss lurkers who defended those two ass hat brothers you had on your team, you can kiss my ass.

About 99% of the time that would be on Youtube, most comments would be "that is what bullies get". Don't think that all those UM guys starting shit wasn't hoping Dan would drop him. Bucky was still recruiting him on the down low just praying we rescinded his schollie. He would have shipped him off to Haiti and he wouldn't have missed a game.

dawgs
01-29-2018, 05:02 PM

I mean, he went overboard for sure, but the reason he was allowed to enroll and only suspended for 1 game was because of the mitigating circumstances - the chick was making fun of his dead nephew and he snapped. I’m just happy that he didn’t seriously injure her or worse.

DogsofAnarchy
01-29-2018, 05:29 PM
I mean, he went overboard for sure, but the reason he was allowed to enroll and only suspended for 1 game was because of the mitigating circumstances - the chick was making fun of his dead nephew and he snapped. I’m just happy that he didn’t seriously injure her or worse.

This is not exactly what happened.

starkvegasdawg
01-29-2018, 05:34 PM

My thing is he was not enrolled at MSU at the time. The douchebags up north were wanting us to punish him when he was no more part of our team than he was theirs or Alabama?s.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-29-2018, 05:40 PM
My thing is he was not enrolled at MSU at the time. The douchebags up north were wanting us to punish him when he was no more part of our team than he was theirs or Alabama?s.

^^^This^^^He was months away from setting foot in Starkville..... if he was regular Joe college student, it wouldn't have stopped him from enrolling....

TUSK
01-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Most school's in MSU's position woulda given Simmons a "2nd chance"... those that say they wouldn't have are sanctimonious liars...

Now, if he were a 2 star, that'd change the dynamics...

Percho
01-29-2018, 07:02 PM
About 99% of the time that would be on Youtube, most comments would be "that is what bullies get". Don't think that all those UM guys starting shit wasn't hoping Dan would drop him. Bucky was still recruiting him on the down low just praying we rescinded his schollie. He would have shipped him off to Haiti and he wouldn't have missed a game.

Probably would have ordered, tickets for two.

dawgs
01-29-2018, 07:03 PM

I mean, that’s the story I remember. If you don’t think a 270 lb muscled up football player hitting a chick repeatedly might be overboard, then I don’t know what to tell you. Yes, there’s mitigating circumstances because he was defending family, but he could’ve still handled it a lot better. I’m not arguing we should’ve cut bait or anything like that. There’s a pretty big difference between this and a situation where a player is beating his girlfriend in a domestic violence situation. One is indicative of a repeat offender and one is indicative of a 1 time mistake in a specific set of circumstances.

Tbonewannabe
01-29-2018, 07:45 PM
I mean, that’s the story I remember. If you don’t think a 270 lb muscled up football player hitting a chick repeatedly might be overboard, then I don’t know what to tell you. Yes, there’s mitigating circumstances because he was defending family, but he could’ve still handled it a lot better. I’m not arguing we should’ve cut bait or anything like that. There’s a pretty big difference between this and a situation where a player is beating his girlfriend in a domestic violence situation. One is indicative of a repeat offender and one is indicative of a 1 time mistake in a specific set of circumstances.

If you watched the entire video, he tried pulling her off his sister but the bitch wouldn't let go and was steadily hitting her on the ground. He popped her about 2 times before she let go. He didn't hit her full strength either because she just got right back up. Again, if it was a guy beating on his sister then EVERYONE is calling him a hero for defending his sister. I am southern born and bred but I wouldn't let anyone get my sister on the ground and beat her unconscious.

Dawg61
01-29-2018, 07:52 PM
Now, if he were a 2 star, that'd change the dynamics...

Story never gets broken. What happened is some people thought they found a way to get Simmons kicked off the team so they wouldn't have to face him on the field.

PassInterference
01-29-2018, 08:48 PM
But Hadad said just last week that Simmons draft stock would be affected by that incident before he started college.

Mutt the Hoople
01-29-2018, 09:14 PM
Because Ole Miss fans fantasize about Myles Hartsfield sticking his finger up their ass, then making them taste it.

Dawg61
01-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Because Ole Miss fans fantasize about Myles Hartsfield sticking his finger up their ass, then making them taste it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oFyDl7xbRgcAu8O8E/giphy.gif

tcdog70
01-29-2018, 09:32 PM
At the time everyone in Macon knew what we all know now. JEFFERY is a great KID and it wasn't the woman bully first time to harass the Simmons women. If Jeff wanted to hurt the woman do you think he would have had to hit Her more than once, it for sure was not repeatedly. Jeffery did what all of Us in Macon knew He would---became a great student-athlete.

Jack Lambert
01-29-2018, 09:44 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oFyDl7xbRgcAu8O8E/giphy.gif

You do know the story?

I think this is the story. Hartsfield was one of the students who raped.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/sayreville-high-school-football-players-charged-sexual-assault-hazing-article-1.1970734

Dawg61
01-29-2018, 10:03 PM
I know the story, the Gif is a funny reaction to Mutt going the extra mile with it

msbulldog
01-30-2018, 07:44 AM

If Jeffery Simmons had been seriously hitting that chick, she would not have gotten up and walked away, I promise you.

Liverpooldawg
01-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Story never gets broken. What happened is some people thought they found a way to get Simmons kicked off the team so they wouldn't have to face him on the field.

No, they thought they had found a way to get him dropped so THEY could sign him. Don’t think for a minute they wouldn’t have either.

Dawg61
01-30-2018, 09:29 AM
No, they thought they had found a way to get him dropped so THEY could sign him. Don’t think for a minute they wouldn’t have either.

I don't think for even a second they wouldn't have but it was always a two step plan. First plan was always getting him kicked off our team before they could get him to sign with them instead. They would all have been very happy if only the first step worked and the second didn't.

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2018, 09:48 AM
If Jeffery Simmons had been seriously hitting that chick, she would not have gotten up and walked away, I promise you.

Exactly, he did pretty much what any guy would do. He hit her hard enough to get her to stop. It isn't like he started beating her while she was on the ground like she was doing to his sister.