preachermatt83
01-28-2018, 02:06 PM
Yup. Way more Dawgs than rebels.

Big4Dawg
01-28-2018, 02:08 PM
http://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/957688341583073281

Lord McBuckethead
01-28-2018, 03:04 PM
I like their court. Good use of the MS graphic at center Court and the lighter wood makes that place brighter on TV. Our court looks like it is lit like a hallway.

mstatefan91
01-28-2018, 03:08 PM
I like their court. Good use of the MS graphic at center Court and the lighter wood makes that place brighter on TV. Our court looks like it is lit like a hallway.

Our coliseum is also 40+ years old so..

Cloak
01-28-2018, 03:23 PM
http://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/957688341583073281

Awesome

RougeDawg
01-28-2018, 06:25 PM
Whoever designed that place, was thinking like a Bearshart when designing camera well locations. They have the worst viewing angle I?ve ever seen. You?d think a brand new arena would have optimum camera placements. Instead in typical Bearshart fashion it feels like you are watching the game from a catwalk.

Lord McBuckethead
01-28-2018, 07:47 PM
Not as bad as the Cincy game. It felt like we were watching from a skycam.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-28-2018, 09:18 PM

I think it is the side sky light windows that make the court brighter.

CarolinaDawgs
01-29-2018, 08:47 AM
Not as bad as the Cincy game. It felt like we were watching from a skycam.

To be fair Cincy was playing at norther kentuckys arena because theirs is under construction.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-29-2018, 09:10 AM
The Pavillion is a knock off of Auburn's arena.... That being said, the Hump is rapidly approaching Dump status....not as bad as Tad Pad yet, but major renovations are past due...

MedDawg
01-29-2018, 09:52 AM
The Pavillion is a knock off of Auburn's arena.... That being said, the Hump is rapidly approaching Dump status....not as bad as Tad Pad yet, but major renovations are past due...

The Pavilion was nice and new, like a mini FedEx Arena (Memphis), and there was room to walk around the concessions lines because the concessions were on the outside and the lines went lateral instead of vertical. The chairbacks were cushioned, which was nice.

However, the atmosphere and crowd that State will have at our women's game next week vs South Carolina will be better than any crowd in the Pavilion for years. When we were winning under Stans, we had top teams say our place was the loudest. A couple years we actually sold out the Hump with season tickets and most games were a 'tough ticket'. The interior of the Hump is plenty good enough. The maroon chairbacks have held up well. I'd even still like the cake icing exterior if the brick was not orange. We could redo the concourse to help concessions and make the concourse look better, but if nothing else we should right now rope off the concessions lines to run along the concourse instead of across it to the edge.

There are a lot of storied college basketball venues much older than the Hump. And some are even smaller. Winning and rowdy crowds makes them attractive. If we had a copy of the Pavilion on State's campus right now our men's bb crowds wouldn't be any better than they are in the Hump.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-29-2018, 11:26 AM
We are not/never have been a "Storied Program"... We could put a band aid on the Hump by renovating restrooms and reconfiguring concessions by moving them to the outer wall....