PDA

View Full Version : #60 in rpi

msstate7
01-28-2018, 08:17 AM
Jumped 13 spots from yesterday. Next 2 games are at South Carolina (55th) and vs Georgia (56th). If we could somehow win both, we are a bubble team. South Carolina is big for us bc we need a road win. Take care of business, howland and co

Dawg61
01-28-2018, 08:45 AM
Damn that was a big jump. If we'd held that 13 point lead over Auburn we'd be a bubble team right now.

msstate7
01-28-2018, 08:50 AM
Damn that was a big jump. If we'd held that 13 point lead over Auburn we'd be a bubble team right now.

Personally I think we would be a bubble team if we won OM, auburn, or bama. We were in a position to win all 3.

maroonmania
01-28-2018, 08:57 AM

This season is already a lot about what could have been. We've had second half leads that we couldn't hold in 4 of our 5 SEC losses so far.

Acid mouth
01-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Jumped 13 spots from yesterday. Next 2 games are at South Carolina (55th) and vs Georgia (56th). If we could somehow win both, we are a bubble team. South Carolina is big for us bc we need a road win. Take care of business, howland and co

Winning the next two games should have us firmly on the bubble. The only bad loss we have is Mississippi which is rare for an MSU team this deep into the season. We have home games vs Tenn and Bama that should we win, would do wonders on the resume. It?s just a great feeling to be competitive again for someone who?s favorite team on the planet is men?s MSU basketball. It finally looks like we?ve overcome the poor decisions from the sabatoging cicada and returned to the world of relevancy.

99jc
01-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Bubble team my ass. You all have lost your freaking minds. After the next game everyone will be calling for gentle Bens head again.

Acid mouth
01-28-2018, 09:49 AM
Bubble team my ass. You all have lost your freaking minds. After the next game everyone will be calling for gentle Bens head again.
And those same people have unrealistic expectations for our program or they are simply trolling.
Howland has recruited at a much higher level than Ray (chicken is the only player that would see minutes on this team). I nailed Ray?s firing and I?m telling you that Howland will get a minimum of 2 more years. Not that you are saying Howland will get fired but anyone saying that just looks dumb.

Quaoarsking
01-28-2018, 10:29 AM

What? Virtually no one has called for Howland's head. And with our RPI and record, we are objectively a bubble team right now, regardless of what anybody thinks about our longterm probabilities of getting there.

confucius say
01-28-2018, 10:58 AM

The caveat used was IF we win our next two games. We do that and we will Be last four out or next four out, which is on the bubble. That said, I don?t expect us to win our next two.

Coach34
01-28-2018, 11:48 AM
I think we'll beat Georgia- but road games are tough. It would be nice to break thru and get one. Peters is back at PG full-time- and we are getting better every night. Its very encouraging.

StarkVegasSteve
01-28-2018, 11:53 AM
Bubble team might be a stretch, win the next 3 and find a way to steal one at Mizzou then we're probably squarely on the bubble. Which means we can't have any dumb losses in the homestretch.

Bully13
01-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Bubble team might be a stretch, win the next 3 and find a way to steal one at Mizzou then we're probably squarely on the bubble. Which means we can't have any dumb losses in the homestretch.

At mizzou?

StarkVegasSteve
01-28-2018, 12:19 PM
At mizzou?

Been a tough team at home. It took a last second steal from Chiozza for Florida to survive there earlier in the year

MetEdDawg
01-28-2018, 12:30 PM
Good thing is that so far we have zero bad losses on our schedule. We hated losing to OM but a road loss to a Top 90 RPI team does not constitute a bad loss.

We need to beat Vandy, OM and LSU plain and simple. After that, our remaining 7 opponents have an RPI of 61 or lower. So if we can win those 3 and find a way to take 3 others, we’ve got a real shot at the tournament. That would put us at 20 wins and a 9-9 conference record with a chance to take 1 or 2 in the SEC Tournament and get above 20 wins.

I’m still convinced we are potentially a tournament team. We’ve proven our defense is legit. But can we score enough. We’ve got some good home games left and a few winnable road games. I don’t think 20 wins is unreasonable and that’s at worst gonna get us to the NIT.

Bully13
01-28-2018, 12:31 PM
Been a tough team at home. It took a last second steal from Chiozza for Florida to survive there earlier in the year

I thought we only played them once this year. My bad.

RougeDawg
01-28-2018, 12:43 PM
What?s all this bubble talk? We just beat a team that Lunardi was including in his 8 SEC teams making the tournament. Had we on a unit the previous 4 we had 2nd half leads, we would already be in that 8. To me we are currently on bubble after W Kat night. A w or 2 this week will play us into the 64 and wound have to finish .500 to stay in there.

Bully13
01-28-2018, 12:46 PM
What?s all this bubble talk? We just beat a team that Lunardi was including in his 8 SEC teams making the tournament. Had we on a unit the previous 4 we had 2nd half leads, we would already be in that 8. To me we are currently on bubble after W Kat night. A w or 2 this week will play us into the 64 and wound have to finish .500 to stay in there.

Shit I wish I knew what you are trying to say. Sorry for being a dumbass.

Ari Gold
01-28-2018, 01:03 PM
9-9 will get us on the bubble easily
Like rougedawg said there was bubble talk before the Bama game
This is the best top to bottom this league has been in years if not decades
There isn’t that final four favorite team but I can’t remebr the last time SEC got 7-8 teams in with 3-4 others on bubble talk

Dawg61
01-28-2018, 01:09 PM
We’ve proven our defense is legit. But can we score enough.

I like what the announcer said about us the other night, think it was Mike Morgan but not sure, that our path to greatness is actually on the defensive side still. We are becoming a borderline elite defensive team and he thinks it's easier for us to become that team than it is for us to become a good offensive team. So if we can get Q playing defense like his little brother and Carter and Stapleton to step it up defensively we can beat anyone. I do think this is a more attainable goal for our team than to start setting the nets on fire offensively. This year at least.

Bully13
01-28-2018, 01:13 PM
I like what the announcer said about us the other night, think it was Mike Morgan but not sure, that our path to greatness is actually on the defensive side still. We are becoming a borderline elite defensive team and he thinks it's easier for us to become that team than it is for us to become a good offensive team. So if we can get Q playing defense like his little brother and Carter and Stapleton to step it up defensively we can beat anyone. I do think this is a more attainable goal for our team than to start setting the nets on fire offensively. This year at least.

Good shit 61, gracias senior.

Commercecomet24
01-28-2018, 01:15 PM

Shit I wish I knew what you are trying to say. Sorry for being a dumbass.

Ha! Rouge may have had a drink or 2.

RougeDawg
01-28-2018, 01:51 PM

Stone cold sober. If Lunardi and the announcers were correct that Mizzou was one of the 8 SEC teams in. We now have beaten them and Arkansas, have same record as Mozzou in conference and 1 game difference with ARK. We?ve lost to 4 of the best teams in conference who all get bids. To me, this adds up to us being in the 8 As of his morning.

Commercecomet24
01-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Stone cold sober. If Lunardi and the announcers were correct that Mizzou was one of the 8 SEC teams in. We now have beaten them and Arkansas, have same record as Mozzou in conference and 1 game difference with ARK. We?ve lost to 4 of the best teams in conference who all get bids. To me, this adds up to us being in the 8 As of his morning.

I agree with you. I think me and 13 were referring to the code talk you were using like ?Had we on a unit the previous 4 we had 2nd half leads, ? to name just one lol. Just messing with ya!

RougeDawg
01-28-2018, 02:36 PM
I agree with you. I think me and 13 were referring to the code talk you were using like ?Had we on a unit the previous 4 we had 2nd half leads, ? to name just one lol. Just messing with ya!
Ah. My bad. My iPhone likes to predictive text whatever it wishes sometimes. And the damn mobile site for ED doesn?t bode well for phone usage. Shit jumps around all over the place when typing.

Commercecomet24
01-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Ah. My bad. My iPhone likes to predictive text whatever it wishes sometimes. And the damn mobile site for ED doesn?t bode well for phone usage. Shit jumps around all over the place when typing.

Lol same thing happens to me. I?ll look at a post and go that?s not what I meant to say. If I don?t pay attention it can look like one of those windtalker codes from WW2. I agree with ya we are so close right now.

BeardoMSU
01-28-2018, 03:51 PM

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zCwITn6Z2ps/WhR_NX6zlmI/AAAAAAAAfho/MSHgGAy_Xe8jhV22rPR9-1Gr3DU37l5FgCLcBGAs/s1600/PaVF3Es.gif

TALL DAWG
01-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Lol same thing happens to me. I?ll look at a post and go that?s not what I meant to say. If I don?t pay attention it can look like one of those windtalker codes from WW2. I agree with ya we are so close right now.

We are improving and I like these positive threads BUT until we win our FIRST road game of the yr, all talk of even being a NCAA bubble team is wishful thinking. Next years schedule needs to have 3-4 preconference road games for a minimun, with AT LEAST 2 being against good teams. Our early schedule this year just really, straight up SUXED!

RougeDawg
01-28-2018, 06:20 PM
Anybody else think Frank Martin looks like the PE coach from Bevis and Butthead?

Ari Gold
01-28-2018, 06:27 PM
We are improving and I like these positive threads BUT until we win our FIRST road game of the yr, all talk of even being a NCAA bubble team is wishful thinking. Next years schedule needs to have 3-4 preconference road games for a minimun, with AT LEAST 2 being against good teams. Our early schedule this year just really, straight up SUXED!

And even with our soft NC schedule go 3-0 or even 2-1 with a win on the road at USCe we are right there on bubble talk .
That should tell everyone a few things. How good the SEC is this year and the commmitte must think we are a pretty good team.
I know that’s hard for a lot of you to understand.

Dawg61
01-28-2018, 07:05 PM

Howland better never schedule OOC like this year again. He gets one year of that bullshit. He used it up.

confucius say
01-28-2018, 07:27 PM
We have to win our 5 left at home and go 2-3 on road (Lsu and vandy maybe?). Do that, we got a real shot to get in.