PDA

View Full Version : This basketball team....

DogsofAnarchy
01-27-2018, 09:48 PM
is not that far off!! If most were of you would stop your panzy ass bitching and just get your asses in here and support the Dogs it might help!! Your bitching is not a solution to the problem....it is the problem!!!

bluelightstar
01-27-2018, 09:50 PM
100%

kojak
01-27-2018, 09:55 PM
is not that far off!! If most were of you would stop your panzy ass bitching and just get your asses in here and support the Dogs it might help!! Your bitching is not a solution to the problem....it is the problem!!!

I?m very encouraged about the energy on Defense. Let?s close this one out. We have come a long way.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 10:14 PM
It’s Mizzou. Now doing this to them IS an improvement, but don’t get carried away yet.

Commercecomet24
01-27-2018, 10:16 PM
Looking better tonight. We get Holman and Ado going down low and don?t have to depend as much on 3s we are pretty good team.

BrunswickDawg
01-27-2018, 10:24 PM
It?s Mizzou. Now doing this to them IS an improvement, but don?t get carried away yet.

Missouri - who the announcers have been saying all night is a tourney team. Don?t downgrade this. We were a 1 pt favorite at home, which basically means no one thought we would win. And we win going away. STFU with your shit and get behind this team.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 10:26 PM
Missouri - who the announcers have been saying all night is a tourney team. Don?t downgrade this. We were a 1 pt favorite at home, which basically means no one thought we would win. And we win going away. STFU with your shit and get behind this team.

Hope you are right. They were short handed and it’s their 3rd straight loss. I AM behind this team. If they wear maroon and white and are from Starkville I will always be behind them. Sheesh.

bluelightstar
01-27-2018, 10:26 PM

Right. It's so transparent.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-27-2018, 10:33 PM

Amen. It's incredible how negative our fans have been this season. We've lost one game that we shouldn't have so far, and it happened to be the Ole Miss game.

BrunswickDawg
01-27-2018, 10:35 PM
Hope you are right. They were short handed and it’s their 3rd straight loss.

Our next 5 games are winnable. We are 2 wins away from our best record post Stans - and it?s still January. Quit making excuses and buy in.

RougeDawg
01-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Amen. It's incredible how negative our fans have been this season. We've lost one game that we shouldn't have so far, and it happened to be the Ole Miss game.

I?m fairly certain it was more of how we lost than we just lost. If you lose playing well it?s one thing. If you lose looking like a deer in the headlights, it?s another.

Thick
When HeadShot penetrates, bigs work the post, and our guards don’t get impatient and just jack 3’s, we are a pretty good team. Still got a lot of work to do, but maybe this game was the “it” game.

Liverpooldawg
Our next 5 games are winnable. We are 2 wins away from our best record post Stans - and it?s still January. Quit making excuses and buy in.

Excuses? Not making those at all. The opposite in fact.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 10:42 PM
I?m fairly certain it was more of how we lost than we just lost. If you lose playing well it?s one thing. If you lose looking like a deer in the headlights, it?s another.

Exactly. I’ve seen a lot of MSU basketball at very close range. This guy gets it.

DogsofAnarchy
01-27-2018, 10:47 PM
Hope you are right. They were short handed and it’s their 3rd straight loss. I AM behind this team. If they wear maroon and white and are from Starkville I will always be behind them. Sheesh.

Well stop being a complainer and be a part of the solution instead of a part of the problem.

Commercecomet24
01-27-2018, 10:51 PM
When HeadShot penetrates, bigs work the post, and our guards don’t get impatient and just jack 3’s, we are a pretty good team. Still got a lot of work to do, but maybe this game was the “it” game.

Bingo!

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-27-2018, 10:56 PM

Exactly. I?ve seen a lot of MSU basketball at very close range. This guy gets it.

5 of our 6 losses have been on the road. 3 of our 6 losses have been by less than 8 points. The other 3 were at Florida, at Kentucky and at Cincinnati.

Coach34
01-27-2018, 10:58 PM
We are 3-1 in the SEC at home- only loss is to the league's best team

RougeDawg
01-27-2018, 11:10 PM
5 of our 6 losses have been on the road. 3 of our 6 losses have been by less than 8 points. The other 3 were at Florida, at Kentucky and at Cincinnati.

Nobody is denying what you say.

I?m just talking about how lost we?ve looked for at least 1 half in all of our losses. In most of those games One half we looked like world beaters. The other half it looked like we couldn?t hit water if we fell out of a boat in the middle of the gulf.

The one positive is that the ?deer in headlights? stretches are becoming less frequent and Peters appears to be regaining his swagger.

This team is getting better. Let?s hope it continues.

Dawg61
01-27-2018, 11:17 PM
Nobody is denying what you say.

I?m just talking about how lost we?ve looked for at least 1 half in all of our losses. In most of those games One half we looked like world beaters. The other half it looked like we couldn?t hit water if we fell out of a boat in the middle of the gulf.

The one positive is that the ?deer in headlights? stretches are becoming less frequent and Peters appears to be regaining his swagger.

This team is getting better. Let?s hope it continues.

Problem is we have been clueless vs the zone till tonight. Mizzou tried it and Peters ripped it apart penetrating and dishing to Spoon, Holman and Carter.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 11:24 PM
Well stop being a complainer and be a part of the solution instead of a part of the problem.

It's interesting being on this side for the first time ever. Win against good opposition and I'll shut up. I SO want to. I'm tired of MSU basketball being a joke.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 11:26 PM
We are 3-1 in the SEC at home- only loss is to the league's best team

And we haven't won in over a year on the road.

Dawg61
01-27-2018, 11:42 PM
Win against good opposition and I'll shut up.

We have two top 40 RPI wins and two other wins against two NCAA teams most likely. Committee deems those "wins against good opposition" so how shall you move the goalposts next??

LC Dawg
01-27-2018, 11:42 PM
I made my first game at the Hump this year. Team is coming together. They still had some bad body language when things weren?t going well in the first half but you could see them gain confidence as the game went on. I?m excited to watch us finish the year.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 11:53 PM
We have two top 40 RPI wins and two other wins against two NCAA teams most likely. Committee deems those "wins against good opposition" so how shall you move the goalposts next??

LOL. I was a season ticket holder, lower deck, for 20+ years. I was a butt in the seat guy too. That pre-dates Stans. I've seen a LOT of SEC basketball. This is NOT a decent team. I wouldn't call them a team actually. If they ever merit the term, they might not be that bad.

Ari Gold
01-28-2018, 12:33 AM
LOL. I was a season ticket holder, lower deck, for 20+ years. I was a butt in the seat guy too. That pre-dates Stans. I've seen a LOT of SEC basketball. This is NOT a decent team. I wouldn't call them a team actually. If they ever merit the term, they might not be that bad.

Get the **** out of here with your bullshit..
It is obvious you are not a fan of this team or this coach.
So does us all a a favor and just stop ****ing posting.

Liverpooldawg
01-28-2018, 12:46 AM

I like the coach. He was a fantastic hire. I'm not a fan of this collection of individuals. If they ever merit the term "team" I'll be a BIG fan. I said the same several times over the years, and became a fan. This team has a shot to do that. It's been a while. They still have to actually DO it though. They remind me of Dontea Jones, except it's ALL of them, not just one guy.

confucius say
01-28-2018, 07:20 AM
Like I said 5 days ago, it?s starting to click and peters is the catalyst.

The hallmark of a ?team? is sharing the basketball. And we did that better tonight than we have in a long time. 17 assist, could have been 20-22 easily.

Cooterpoot
01-28-2018, 07:44 AM
I’m with you LP. 4 decent wins against unranked teams doesn’t prove a lot to me. The positive is that the SEC is looking better nationally after this week. But, we aren’t winning road games and beating ranked teams, so I’m going to hold off on declaring us to be a “good” team. Our RPI is too low to get in the NCAAs. The NIT isn’t a big deal to me, but I guess it’s improvement and I’ll take it. Let’s see if they can real off some wins and not lose to the weaker teams left. Still a lot to prove.

Jack Lambert
01-28-2018, 08:15 AM

That's a little too much. If you set that the SOP for the board there would be no one left to post. I am not just talking basketball.

Ari Gold
01-28-2018, 11:19 AM
That's a little too much. If you set that the SOP for the board there would be no one left to post. I am not just talking basketball.

After a double digit SEC win and people still bitch.
After the Vandy win it was Vandy sucks, ask TCU about Vandy.
Bitching and complaining are fine , but **** having to try and find something to bitch about after a W is ****ing enough

confucius say
01-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Bitching and complaining are fine , but **** having to try and find something to bitch about after a W is ****ing enough

You think it?s bad now, wait until we really turn the corner and then watch the goalposts move.

dawgday166
01-28-2018, 11:34 AM
You think it?s bad now, wait until we really turn the corner and then watch the goalposts move.

I'm ok with moving goal posts as time progresses, we should have high expectations.

The problem here is tho, Howland started out with the goalposts 80 to 90 yds away and many posters on here think he's attempting an extra point.

Coach34
01-28-2018, 11:40 AM
But, we aren?t winning road games and beating ranked teams, so I?m going to hold off on declaring us to be a ?good? team.

We have done this what- 5 times in the last decade at the most? Thats a tough standard to hold your team to

StarkVegasSteve
01-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Team is starting to gel better each game. Peters is obviously the one that makes us go. We have 10 left and if we can keep him playing like this and not have anymore 5-29 shooting nights there's no reason we can't win all five left at home and steal a couple on the road

msstate7
01-28-2018, 11:41 AM
To be fair, howland is a victim of his own success. People are very impatient bc howland has been so very successful. If we had hired a less heralded coach, I do not think the expectations would be so crazy. I know I have been very impatient bc I was such a believer in howland

Coach34
01-28-2018, 11:41 AM

Yeah- people are just looking for stuff right now. It's gone from no way this team makes the NIT to well, I dont really care about the NIT

Bully13
01-28-2018, 11:45 AM

That's a little harsh sir.

basedog
01-28-2018, 11:47 AM
I like the coach. He was a fantastic hire. I'm not a fan of this collection of individuals. If they ever merit the term "team" I'll be a BIG fan. I said the same several times over the years, and became a fan. This team has a shot to do that. It's been a while. They still have to actually DO it though. They remind me of Dontea Jones, except it's ALL of them, not just one guy.

Liver my man, this is a very young team who are "learning" how to win. The season isn't over and I can see improvement. Look at the assist from last night I'd say they are quickly becoming a team. Howland is coaching his ass off regardless what a bunch of naysayers are saying on here. This team isn't a finished product by no means, they do need a few more missing pieces but the future looks better than it has in a very long time.

dawgday166
01-28-2018, 11:54 AM
To be fair, howland is a victim of his own success. People are very impatient bc howland has been so very successful. If we had hired a less heralded coach, I do not think the expectations would be so crazy. I know I have been very impatient bc I was such a believer in howland

Looking at Howland's track record, he is behind a little from his normal track record, but I don't think he's too far behind. Especially considering where he started out from.

And while Pitt may be somewhat on a par with MSU in basketball, going to coach UCLA in basketball is like going to Bama in football.

tcdog70
01-28-2018, 11:59 AM
Liver my man, this is a very young team who are "learning" how to win. The season isn't over and I can see improvement. Look at the assist from last night I'd say they are quickly becoming a team. Howland is coaching his ass off regardless what a bunch of naysayers are saying on here. This team isn't a finished product by no means, they do need a few more missing pieces but the future looks better than it has in a very long time.

Base. Exactly. I think this team with continue to get better as the season progresses. I too have been watching since Joe Dan Gold days, but I'm positive on this team. LAMAR needs to keep improving. Nick will also . Look , Ado is getting better every game. And Q is going to Be Q?. I think we will make NIT at least.

DogsofAnarchy
01-28-2018, 12:30 PM
It's interesting being on this side for the first time ever. Win against good opposition and I'll shut up. I SO want to. I'm tired of MSU basketball being a joke.

I get it. I really do. We have been shit since we ran off Stansbury but the program bottomed out. Instead of being impatient give CBH time to fix it. He is the best basketball mind and recruiter that we have had. But it?s gonna take time. Just support the team. He will get this corrected. We are going to make one of the post season tourneys this year. That is significant improvement by itself.

Bully13
01-28-2018, 12:37 PM
Can someone give dumbaasses like me as to how young this team is comparative to the rest of the SEC?

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Can someone give dumbaasses like me as to how young this team is comparative to the rest of the SEC?

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/roster-analysis?&_1:col_1=4

There?s raw numbers. One of the youngest teams in the nation still, though Tennessee and Auburn are about the same or younger than we are and faring much better. I?m curious, though not enough to look it up, if the one senior each of them has is an actual contributor or a walk on like ours is. I thought the announcers made a great point last night that seniors make sure the team plays with a sense of urgency, and ?lacking urgency? is one of many ways our play could be described at certain points this season.

ETA: I also still think that of our three upperclassmen (X, Q and Holman), none have the personality of a leader, based on what I see in games. Q and Holman are pretty much expressionless regardless of the situation and don’t seem very vocal. Stapleton is Stapleton.

Dawg61
01-28-2018, 01:58 PM
Wouldn't look at Auburn's roster for a peer, they have 15 guys that have seen minutes. They started the year with 19 players so they have basically a busload of walk-ons on top of the 13 scholarship players (2 suspended). Not sure what Pearl needs 19 dudes for unless he just always likes to bring a party with him everywhere he goes which is very likely.

Jack Lambert
01-28-2018, 02:13 PM

The problem with you telling him to stop posting is the fact that 80% of this board gets negative one time or another.

Bothrops
01-28-2018, 02:38 PM
We need consistency. Keep it up.