PDA

View Full Version : Tony Barnhart on Saban and Texas

Coach34
10-02-2013, 07:49 PM
? If Nick Saban ever does leave Alabama, it won't be because somebody offered more money. Saban has plenty of money and, despite all the legends of Texas billionaires, there is no offer that could be made from the Lone Star State that Alabama could not beat. Period.

? Texas is a great job. It's a top-five job. Maybe a top-three job. But it's not a better job than Alabama. Saban has complete control of his domain at Alabama. I'm not sure that could ever happen at Texas. The Alabama program speaks with only one voice and that is his. And it's in the SEC. Case closed.

? They've already built a statue. At 61, you don't leave a place where they have already built a statue for you. I'm sure that's a rule that's written down somewhere.

Seems like I read those things on here from someone before....

CadaverDawg
10-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Well if Barnhardt said it, it must be true***

Never said it would happen. Just that there was a greater than 0% chance. And I must be right if Tony is even having to say these things.

Political Hack
10-02-2013, 08:44 PM
the fact that they're still talking about it shows there's a chance it could happen. I doubt it very seriously, but it's more than a 0% chance.

CadaverDawg
10-02-2013, 08:52 PM
the fact that they're still talking about it shows there's a chance it could happen. I doubt it very seriously, but it's more than a 0% chance.

Voice of reason

Coach34
10-02-2013, 09:04 PM
0%

Gordon Gekko
10-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I agree with coach, you can never say never but I don't see how he can leave when he is going for 3 in a row and has the chance to be bigger than the Bear at Bama. That's a huge incentive to stick around in T-town.