PDA

View Full Version : Michigan state

msstate7
01-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Think the NCAA will issue another penn state like penalty on them?

Cooterpoot
01-27-2018, 11:18 AM
Nope. NCAA didn’t even really penalize PSU. They backed off everything. They’re stealing money is all they’re doing.

TheRef
01-27-2018, 11:43 AM
Mark Emmert was reportedly told personally about these allegations in 2010 and he did nothing. We may be seeing the end of Emmert

Ari Gold
01-27-2018, 11:48 AM
Need to blow up that whole department .
And With ALL that went on in Oxford. They basically told them to go to your room and no TV for an hour.

basedog
01-27-2018, 12:02 PM
NCAA = Fake News

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Mark Emmert was reportedly told personally about these allegations in 2010 and he did nothing. We may be seeing the end of Emmert

That needs to happen anyway.

Bothrops
01-27-2018, 02:25 PM
NCAA = Fake News

Add ESPN

basedog
01-27-2018, 04:40 PM
+1

coachnorm
01-27-2018, 07:02 PM

If it is true that Mark Emmeritt knew about the proceedings at Michigan State in 2010 and did nothing, he is complicit with Michigan State. If the President of the organization is complicit, so is his organization thus the NCAA may not have legal standing to act on this issue. If the NCAA is stupid enough to open themselves to a myriad of litigation because they executed anything with unclean hands, the NCAA and its members could very well put themselves and the NCAA at risk. This is a law enforcement issue only.

dawgday166
01-27-2018, 07:04 PM
I'm gonna hate if if Dantonio and Izzo are caught up in this a lot, and guilty of it too. I like both of them.

TheRef
01-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Mark Emmert story - http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/22235821/ncaa-president-mark-emmert-sends-email-michigan-state-spartans-board

Original OTL Michigan State report: http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Dawgowar
01-27-2018, 07:49 PM
In flight of this, I now think congress should step in on the NCAA and strip any and all anti-trust exemptions from them. Appears the NCAA knew this was a problem since 2010.

LINK: http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/27/ncaa-knew-assault-since-2010/

Best paragraph

"“What I really got from the experience with Mark Emmert was that governing body governs him,” Redmond said. “He met with me, which was great and I appreciated that. But the governing board has an awful lot of power. … It’s a strange setup. You do kind of get the fox-guarding-the-hen-house mentality. You do feel like the NCAA doesn’t like to do investigations because they like their relationships (with university officials and conferences). I think Mark Emmert came in with the right tone but quickly realized ‘there’s not a lot I can do here.”"

Look, most people that support every school that are sane, responsible, balanced adults. Ideologies are different as are beliefs, but nobody with any version of a moral compass can be in a leadership position, hear of abuse, and do nothing. Particularly when it involves people in authority abusing their power. The NCAA did nothing of consequence after PSU (as far as establishing policies and new violations). They are handed out parking tickets for major violations at UNC and UNM. Now this, they knew about the issue and did jack and squat.

Most of the member institutions are public entities. Hopefully elected officials will unleash their fury on the schools and force the changes. Anything congress can do to negate the NCAA's power, they should. The Department of Education should look for mechanisms to deny grants or certain funding programs to NCAA member institutions as leverage. Something good new needs to rise up out of this situation. If this had happened to one of my nieces....and I found out the school or the alleged governing body knew about and took no action? Would have gotten ugly.

Sure those sentiments are the same for you with daughters. This is sickening.

coachnorm
01-28-2018, 11:58 AM

Maybe the Courts are going to execute Penn St penalties on the NCAA because Emmert could be proven complicit in the molestation cover ups. I believe that the FBI will get a warrant to access the NCAA mainframe just like Todd McNair did in the USC litigation. The FBI will probably send forensic file experts to discover if evidence has been altered on the mainframe. The FBI could very well get warrants approved to access NCAA members personal computers and use their forensic experts also. Once something is brought to light, expect the NCAA members to receive justice just like Larry Nassar did from Judge Rosemarie Aquilina.

I would like to bring up something to fellow Elite Doggers about how NCAA members fear the courts when they are personally brought to task. Years ago during the Reggie Bush issue, Paul Dee, the chairman of the NCAA COI was summoned in Los Angeles and did not show. The Los Angeles Court and McNair's legal team notified Dade County about Dee's contempt. Dade County Court issued Dee a Court order to be deposed under their jurisdiction in Miami. Dee had no where to hide, it was either deposition or jail time. About a week or two before deposition date, Dee died of a stroke or heart attack.

I believe that NCAA members are digging fox holes and do not want to involve themselves in the Michigan State issue. BTW, the Courts know how Ole Miss and North Carolina got away with murder and a not guilty USC got hammered.

Bully13
01-28-2018, 12:14 PM
I thought UNC got what they deserved. What floored me was the allegations levied against tsun then no punishment. Decades of abuse by the network noted. HC on record saying was shocked by the level of network involvement in recruiting. Yet no punishment.

It reminded me of comey laying out all the sins on tv about HRC then saying, no punishment.

Dawgowar
01-28-2018, 01:51 PM
I thought UNC got what they deserved. What floored me was the allegations levied against tsun then no punishment. Decades of abuse by the network noted. HC on record saying was shocked by the level of network involvement in recruiting. Yet no punishment.

It reminded me of comey laying out all the sins on tv about HRC then saying, no punishment.

UNC was flat out academic fraud. Understand they had no 'rule', but they should have put one on the table immediately after this case. UNM should have gotten a total of 25 scholarships and more of a ding for the ACT crap.

Lord McBuckethead
01-28-2018, 03:05 PM
New goal for all NCAA athletes....stop raping people.

TheRef
01-28-2018, 08:19 PM
No political hijacking, guys.