PDA

View Full Version : Don?t y?all Lovette when Ari Gold > David Johnson

Political Hack
01-26-2018, 07:01 PM
Just thought it was funny that Ari was calling out the recruiting experts on page 103 of the pinned recruiting thread. They get paid for this crap.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?53015-2018-Recruiting-Thread/page103

HoopsDawg
01-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Is he visiting us this weekend? I haven't heard.

Coach34
01-26-2018, 07:37 PM
From what I was told- Yancy and Johnson told their flock that he wasnt visiting.
Ari Gold posted at 2pm he was visiting
He is in Sville now

And Elitedawgs didnt even have to pay for that info

Commercecomet24
01-26-2018, 08:08 PM
This site is by far and away, and it?s not even close, for getting info the quickest. It?s amazing how fast things get on here. I love it! Don?t even have to watch or listen to anything else for MSU info. Appreciate y?all for having this site!

HoopsDawg
01-26-2018, 08:28 PM
From what I was told- Yancy and Johnson told their flock that he wasnt visiting.
Ari Gold posted at 2pm he was visiting
He is in Sville now

And Elitedawgs didnt even have to pay for that info

To get him and his parents on campus for an unofficial visit is absolutely huge. Great job by Brian Baker and the staff.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2018, 08:29 PM
To get him and his parents on campus for an unofficial visit is absolutely huge. Great job by Brian Baker and the staff.

Yep & not just a few hour visit a weekend visit.

Commercecomet24
01-26-2018, 08:35 PM
It?s seems like our staff is really into this recruiting thing. I like it!

RezDog7
01-26-2018, 08:48 PM
OM could have taken him but decided on someone else***

msstate7
01-26-2018, 08:48 PM
Reel him in barker and Moorhead. We need momentum going into the 9th inning.

defiantdog
01-26-2018, 08:53 PM
This site is by far and away, and it?s not even close, for getting info the quickest. It?s amazing how fast things get on here. I love it! Don?t even have to watch or listen to anything else for MSU info. Appreciate y?all for having this site!
It?s because some folks on this site are actually there and not just speculating.

HoopsDawg
01-26-2018, 08:55 PM
Yep & not just a few hour visit a weekend visit.

Lovett and Eddie Smith are the kind of players we need to take the next step. If our staff can pull off those 2 guys, I will be impressed. To me that would put us at 9 "difference maker types" in this signing class. Need 12 per year to compete with the Auburn's and LSU's consistently.

Commercecomet24
01-26-2018, 09:01 PM
It?s because some folks on this site are actually there and not just speculating.

Yep and it?s awesome!

Goldendawg
01-26-2018, 09:34 PM
Thanks to all who update this thread with info.

msstate7
01-26-2018, 09:39 PM
I see Lovett has already visited OM. Will he visit Florida next week? Is Florida a threat?

Coach34
01-26-2018, 09:48 PM
Is Florida a threat?

Yes. Most think its between us and Fla

Ari Gold
01-26-2018, 09:50 PM
I see Lovett has already visited OM. Will he visit Florida next week? Is Florida a threat?

Don’t bet on that Fla trip...

Political Hack
01-26-2018, 09:59 PM

Hevesy said he’d come pick him up. In a white beamer.

Jarius
01-26-2018, 10:34 PM
OM could have taken him but decided on someone else***

They said that about Malik Heath, so they will say that about Lovett too (they already have their twitter brigade starting that rumor). It’s sad.

Political Hack
01-26-2018, 10:51 PM

elitedawgs.

BuckyIsAB****
01-26-2018, 10:52 PM

If he doesnt go to UF I think its safe to say he is coming to Stark. I like him a lot as a player, looked really good in the MS/AL game

Goldendawg
01-26-2018, 10:57 PM
Have you looked at the UNM commits? A very small # from Mississippi. Still going after and buying mercenaries from all over the country, some with "baggage" that Jerry Springer wouldn't have on that show!

BuckyIsAB****
01-26-2018, 10:59 PM
Have you looked at the UNM commits? A very small # from Mississippi. Still going after and buying mercenaries from all over the country, some with "baggage" that Jerry Springer wouldn't have on that show!

They come for the campus dude

Goldendawg
01-26-2018, 11:07 PM
They come for the campus dude

My late Dad helped save that "beautiful campus" during the riots to get J Meredith in school. Was a Staff Sargent in the old Dixie Division in the Ms National Guard. He and about half the Iuka unit didn't re-up after that misadventure. Had to camp out in all that beauty for about a month.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-26-2018, 11:19 PM
I actually hopes he visits Florida next weekend. Keeps him from having to deal with those idiots trying to get him over to Oxford all weekend.

Homedawg
01-26-2018, 11:33 PM
I actually hopes he visits Florida next weekend. Keeps him from having to deal with those idiots trying to get him over to Oxford all weekend.
This. I'd be floored if he goes to fla. it's us or ole miss

BuckyIsAB****
01-26-2018, 11:37 PM
My late Dad helped save that "beautiful campus" during the riots to get J Meredith in school. Was a Staff Sargent in the old Dixie Division in the Ms National Guard. He and about half the Iuka unit didn't re-up after that misadventure. Had to camp out in all that beauty for about a month.

Well thanks to your Dad for his service and sacrifice.

yjnkdawg
01-26-2018, 11:55 PM
They said that about Malik Heath, so they will say that about Lovett too (they already have their twitter brigade starting that rumor). It?s sad.

OM would have loved to have flipped Malik Heath from us more than any other commit we had, if they could have. Even though they had other position needs, they knew that Malik was a critical need for us. So yeah, I would say BS on any Lovett chatter that they didn't really want him.

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 01:43 AM

That's not surprising given the demographics of their student body. One of their problems is they aren't a national brand in football and while the NCAA was light on them- they did at least establish that Ole Miss isn't going to just go out and start buying players from Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Notre Dame and whoever else.

Personally I think football rosters in most cases reflect where the student body of the school is from in general with maybe a few exceptions like Alabama who can actually legitimately recruit nationally.

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 01:46 AM
OM would have loved to have flipped Malik Heath from us more than any other commit we had, if they could have. Even though they had other position needs, they knew that Malik was a critical need for us. So yeah, I would say BS on any Lovett chatter that they didn't really want him.

Of course. 4 star UA WR's from Mississippi are their favorites. Thank you Pat Austin.

If we keep Lovett that would be a huge early win for Joe. And progress from the last staff who likely would have lost Lovett.

Another big thing for us is getting more o-linemen. What I would do if I was Joe is I would try to sign the two top 10 OL prospects from Florida that are uncommitted provided they don't have any major baggage. It would be hilarious if Dan flipped our 3 star OL recruits while we took some 4 stars from his backyard.

Bully13
01-27-2018, 04:29 AM
Of course. 4 star UA WR's from Mississippi are their favorites. Thank you Pat Austin.

If we keep Lovett that would be a huge early win for Joe. And progress from the last staff who likely would have lost Lovett.

Another big thing for us is getting more o-linemen. What I would do if I was Joe is I would try to sign the two top 10 OL prospects from Florida that are uncommitted provided they don't have any major baggage. It would be hilarious if Dan flipped our 3 star OL recruits while we took some 4 stars from his backyard.

Who are the OL croots Dan's trying to steal from us?

Randolph Dupree
01-27-2018, 05:44 AM
Fabian’s mother and my wife taught together for several years prior to them moving to where they are now...and they still talk. From what I can gather he is going to be a dawg. Momma isn’t going to want him in FL and I’m pretty sure they are smart enough to see UM for what it is. We’ll see what happens in early Feb.

Lance Harbor
01-27-2018, 10:01 AM
2-3 years ago Alabama's enrollment started becoming more than 50% out of state. They have really capitalized on Saban's success as a University.

Personally I think football rosters in most cases reflect where the student body of the school is from in general with maybe a few exceptions like Alabama who can actually legitimately recruit nationally.

maroonmania
01-27-2018, 11:58 AM
2-3 years ago Alabama's enrollment started becoming more than 50% out of state. They have really capitalized on Saban's success as a University.

Bama is just a 50 million dollar budget football factory that is getting to almost be a monopoly on top players. Its like every player is now waiting on Bama before they decide what they are going to do with anyone else. Its a big reason why I'm still pissed that the SEC and Big 10 officials significantly helped Bama to another title this year that they really shouldn't have had. Hard enough to beat them with all of their talent advantage without officials giving help at every corner. In all my years of watching college football I've never seen a team benefit more from blatantly bad calls on their way to end up with a championship than the Bama team this year.

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 01:21 PM
Who are the OL croots Dan's trying to steal from us?

McDowell, Bleich, Carvin, and before he signed Dolla Bill.

Saltydog
01-27-2018, 01:28 PM
NT

JDog13
01-27-2018, 03:22 PM
David isn?t the only Johnson striking out on the Ole Miss beat. They both text kids during class and work behind the scenes for the football staff. The texts I?ve viewed are borderline stalker. Texting and dming every single day.

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 03:26 PM
David isn?t the only Johnson striking out on the Ole Miss beat. They both text kids during class and work behind the scenes for the football staff. The texts I?ve viewed are borderline stalker. Texting and dming every single day.

That's why the NCAA should limit contact between recruits and web site reporters. Contacting a recruit once a month is more than reasonable.

Ole Miss has used their recruiting web site reporters as extensions of their recruiting for years- whether it's to repeatedly contact players or just blind crystal balling every recruit to Ole Miss.

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 03:27 PM
NT

Both Johnson and the Washington Generals are pawns for the "bigger" product.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-27-2018, 06:38 PM
That's why the NCAA should limit contact between recruits and web site reporters. Contacting a recruit once a month is more than reasonable.

Ole Miss has used their recruiting web site reporters as extensions of their recruiting for years- whether it's to repeatedly contact players or just blind crystal balling every recruit to Ole Miss.

I actually wish this had been brought up while the NCAA was here and digging around to let them actually see how they are really doing this. It has been going on for quite a while and exist still today. Make no mistake, OM is still up to their slimy self. They will still be doing all of their shady dealings, just not out in the open like before. And since this is their first recruiting cycle since the penalties, and I use that term loosely, they will behave somewhat this cycle. But you better believe with the talent in state next year they will be pushing the limits at the least.