PDA

View Full Version : Planning to drive down from West TN..............

West Tn Dawg
01-26-2018, 05:47 PM
to Oxford for the girls game Sunday. My daughter has been wanting to go to a game and we are both in position to go Sunday.
Anybody been to the new hub cap at OM?
How's parking and such?
Any suggestions on where to do lunch before the game?

Thanks

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Anywhere outside of Lafayette County.

Bass Chaser
01-26-2018, 07:22 PM
Memphis BBQ Company

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-26-2018, 07:56 PM
You'll be able to park in the parking garage attached. Just be prepared to take 30-45 minutes to get out of it after the game. It's actually easier to park in the Tad Pad lot and walk across the tennis courts (2) next to it and cross one street and you're there. Eat in Batesville. No spending money in Oxford during basketball season.

Westdawg
01-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Not gonna lie - the new OM basketball Pad is really nice.
Wife and I went last year when MSU guys played there. We had some friends who are OM grads who gave us their passes for my birthday. They have two club levels inside for their big ticket peeps. Do we even have anything like that at the Hump ?? Because it was honestly impressive

RocketDawg
01-26-2018, 08:33 PM
Not gonna lie - the new OM basketball Pad is really nice.
Wife and I went last year when MSU guys played there. We had some friends who are OM grads who gave us their passes for my birthday. They have two club levels inside for their big ticket peeps. Do we even have anything like that at the Hump ?? Because it was honestly impressive

No premium seating in the Hump, and no way to do it without tearing it down and starting over again, as far as I know. A new Hump is probably in our future at some point.

Did they demo the old "Tad Pad"?

msstatelp1
01-26-2018, 11:32 PM
Oby's. The clientele is a bit more snobbish than the original but it's still good.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-27-2018, 12:53 AM
"A new Hump is probably in our future at some point".

If we built a new Hump down the road, where on campus do y'all think it would go? Given the fact that one couldn't be built between seasons where it currently sits , I'm guessing it would be built in the parking lot next to the Sanderson Rec Center.

mstatefan91
01-27-2018, 02:52 AM
"A new Hump is probably in our future at some point".

If we built a new Hump down the road, where on campus do y'all think it would go? Given the fact that one couldn't be built between seasons where it currently sits , I'm guessing it would be built in the parking lot next to the Sanderson Rec Center.

Or the team(s) (women included) would have to play in Jackson for home games for one season. Does it suck short term? Yes. Would it be the right move long term? Probably

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 02:56 AM
Or the team(s) (women included) would have to play in Jackson for home games for one season. Does it suck short term? Yes. Would it be the right move long term? Probably

McCarthy Gymnasium.**

mstatefan91
01-27-2018, 03:00 AM
And honestly, at this point, you are doing it for the women's team and not the men's. WBK avg damn near 8000 a game and men are averagine 2500 or less if we are being truthful