PDA

View Full Version : Presentation on the New DNF

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-25-2018, 11:27 PM
I?m working on grad degree and taking a course in Decision Processes. We each have to do a presentation about a decision and I chose to do the decision to remodel LFL. Anyway, my presentation was yesterday and I had the opening title slide on the projector and all at once the professor and 2 students said in unison ?They?re remodeling LFL at Miss State!?!?!??. Then the professor added ?no more parades??? I was taken back bc this was at a D1 school in Colorado.

Gave my presentation and several international students asked lots of questions about the tradition and thought it was interesting etc. I was surprised how how many ppl knew about LFL and how much discussion it generated from ppl that hadn?t heard of it before.

I?ll be honest, it stung a little.

Skydawg1
01-25-2018, 11:47 PM
I?ll be honest, it stung a little.We're also recycling 3600 chair back seats from the old DNF into the new one. Hope it's just temporary for the 2018 season.

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2018, 12:07 AM
I?m working on grad degree and taking a course in Decision Processes. We each have to do a presentation about a decision and I chose to do the decision to remodel LFL. Anyway, my presentation was yesterday and I had the opening title slide on the projector and all at once the professor and 2 students said in unison ?They?re remodeling LFL at Miss State!?!?!??. Then the professor added ?no more parades??? I was taken back bc this was at a D1 school in Colorado.

Gave my presentation and several international students asked lots of questions about the tradition and thought it was interesting etc. I was surprised how how many ppl knew about LFL and how much discussion it generated from ppl that hadn?t heard of it before.

I?ll be honest, it stung a little.
I'm NOT a baseball guy, I'd sell the whole baseball program for one SEC title in football or men's basketball. That being said I hated to see the old lounge go, till I saw the new one in person. If the people out there embrace it, it's going to be incredible. There are going to be more people closer to the field than we have ever had before. The rigs are legend, but sooner or later one of them was going to collapse. The repercussions would not have been good. Let's move on. What we had will never be replicated, if we embrace this, it won't be either.

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-26-2018, 12:51 AM
I'm NOT a baseball guy, I'd sell the whole baseball program for one SEC title in football or men's basketball. That being said I hated to see the old lounge go, till I saw the new one in person. If the people out there embrace it, it's going to be incredible. There are going to be more people closer to the field than we have ever had before. The rigs are legend, but sooner or later one of them was going to collapse. The repercussions would not have been good. Let's move on. What we had will never be replicated, if we embrace this, it won't be either.

It will definitely be replicated. That’s not even a question. I’m not advocating for anything, just letting you know the outsiders perspective.

Homedawg
01-26-2018, 01:02 AM
This again.....here's the deal, the new stadium saved the lounge. It didn't kill it. The old lounge was gone!!!!! Too much potential issues. Anyone that says otherwise is just being stubborn. It was a disaster waiting to happen. And yes, I have. Spot there.

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-26-2018, 01:11 AM
This again.....here's the deal, the new stadium saved the lounge. It didn't kill it. The old lounge was gone!!!!! Too much potential issues. Anyone that says otherwise is just being stubborn. It was a disaster waiting to happen. And yes, I have. Spot there.

Why can’t it “sting” while being excited about the new park at the same time?

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2018, 02:05 AM
It will definitely be replicated. That’s not even a question. I’m not advocating for anything, just letting you know the outsiders perspective.
When it comes to MSU baseball, I’m very much an outsider.

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-26-2018, 02:17 AM
When it comes to MSU baseball, I’m very much an outsider.

I don’t think you know what outsider means.

Cooterpoot
01-26-2018, 07:10 AM
While I’m not concerned about it much, how many times in the 50 year history has someone been hurt from a collapsing setup? Just curious if anyone knows.

Dawgbite
01-26-2018, 07:54 AM
While I’m not concerned about it much, how many times in the 50 year history has someone been hurt from a collapsing setup? Just curious if anyone knows.

None that I know of but I'm in the minority that agrees with Homedawg and I too have a spot out beyond the fence. It's sad to say but in today's society we have to protect the stupid from themselves no matter how small the danger. There were rigs out there that I wouldn't have sat on, especially on big weekends like SBW when it was packed. The uniqueness of the rigs was a big part of it but I look forward to what is about to grow in the new spots. This year I expect it to be fairly sterile but it will evolve over the short season until everybody sees how good it can be and next year it will explode in originality and be better than it ever was. There is always going to be somebody complaining about change. If everybody wants to resist change and live in the past, there is a school in this state that specializes in that sort of thing.

raymond21
01-26-2018, 08:55 AM
The new design will adversely affect attendance and tradition that so many have been part of for decades. It may not be immediate but in time , watch for empty spaces . Moving studsent section at The Hump has been horrible but this will be worse

BrunswickDawg
01-26-2018, 09:08 AM
The new design will adversely affect attendance and tradition that so many have been part of for decades. It may not be immediate but in time , watch for empty spaces . Moving studsent section at The Hump has been horrible but this will be worse

It so intersting to hear people say this. All the interviews and articles I?ve ever seen written about the Lounge talk about it being the people, the hospitality, the friendships, and MSU baseball, etc. Alll that comes straight from Loungers mouths. Once they get settled and figure out how to make the new space their own, what is the difference? They still have all those things. I don?t want to denigrate the time, commitment, and money that folks in the Lounge have put in to MSU over the years, but if they don?t try to make that adapatation, and piss and moan about it, then it never was about those things - it was about themselves, and their fiefdom and privilege because they had something that others couldn?t have.

Cooterpoot
01-26-2018, 09:44 AM
I hated the change to the Lounge, but after seeing it I'm good with it. Would be cool to have some type of "museum" like area that held some of the old rigs though. And I'll be honest, I kinda get tired of hearing about our attendance. It was cool back in the 80's but we need to win some championships and not worry about the attendance records.

Choctaw Dawg
01-26-2018, 10:25 AM
I hated the change to the Lounge, but after seeing it I'm good with it. Would be cool to have some type of "museum" like area that held some of the old rigs though. And I'll be honest, I kinda get tired of hearing about our attendance. It was cool back in the 80's but we need to win some championships and not worry about the attendance records.

They have some old lounges set out at Stagger Inn.

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2018, 10:37 AM
I don’t think you know what outsider means.

I get what you mean, but I’m a different sort of outsider. How many MSU fans do you know that would sell the baseball program?

Tbonewannabe
01-26-2018, 10:53 AM

I have no clue but I was out there two years ago and the guy we were there with talked about a rig down from him that had a couple of the railings had fallen off and luckily didn't hit anyone. Kids just running around out there could have easily gotten hit. I am sure things like that happened but they kept it on the down low to keep from one rig ruining it for everyone else.

I agree with other guys, some of those rigs looked like they were just waiting to collapse. I am sure they were more sturdy than they looked but anytime you move something that is just boards and nails, it would loosen it.

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-26-2018, 10:58 AM
I get what you mean, but I’m a different sort of outsider. How many MSU fans do you know that would sell the baseball program?

I understand you’re not a big fan, but out of 30+ ppl in the classroom only 3-4 had heard of MSU at all, only 1 had ever stepped foot in the state of MS, half the class is from China or India, handful of MLB baseball fans. That’s the kind of outsiders I was referring to.

DawgFromOxford
01-26-2018, 01:11 PM

Well if you know of anyone giving up his or her spot in the outfield please let me know. I will gladly fill that vacancy.

bulldogcountry1
01-26-2018, 01:27 PM

Rubbish. There will be a waiting list for one of those spots for decades.

TStationDawg
01-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Well if you know of anyone giving up his or her spot in the outfield please let me know. I will gladly fill that vacancy.

Could NOT agree more! The new set up will encourage MORE people to walk around the park and take in the lounge! Lounge space holders will get creative as they always do and the experience will not drop one bit for TV or for those in the grandstands! And I'll say it: it will look better (more polished-especially on TV), will be safer and allow for MORE people to enjoy what goes on out there! It's a win/win/win. If a space does become available, I'm sure it won't last long.

SandlotDawg
01-27-2018, 11:03 AM
Loved the lounge and hated to see it change at first but it needed too. Our rig is in right center. A few years back, a kid fell off the top of the rig next to us. With what they’ve done to the stadium, I don’t think any of us will be complaining in 2 years. Especially if we put a string of CWS together.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 11:49 AM
I understand you?re not a big fan, but out of 30+ ppl in the classroom only 3-4 had heard of MSU at all, only 1 had ever stepped foot in the state of MS, half the class is from China or India, handful of MLB baseball fans. That?s the kind of outsiders I was referring to.

I got that.

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-27-2018, 12:21 PM
I got that.

Cool. For a minute I thought you were saying an ED member with 11k+ posts was considered an “MSU outsider”. Shirley not.

Btw, the conclusion was that the correct decision was made.

BayouDawg
01-27-2018, 01:09 PM
I?m so excited about the new stadium. I?m not a huge LFL guy. I mean I think it?s cool and all but DNF has needed a face lift for about 15 years. I?m super excited!

WesternSkyDawg
01-27-2018, 02:05 PM

Bullshit

[Thanks, Brunswick, for saying it better]