PDA

View Full Version : I?ll say it

MoreCowbell
01-25-2018, 10:14 PM
I?ll be disappointed if the women don?t win the National Championship this year. We?re that good.

DogsofAnarchy
01-25-2018, 10:21 PM
Well if they don’t, that should tell our unreasonable fans how hard it is to win one of those. This team is a great team and they deserve our respect and support no matter what because they are Bulldogs. They don’t have to win the damn National Championship to be supported by true fans. Damn...

Coach34
01-25-2018, 10:23 PM
Once you get to the Sweet 16- it becomes match-ups and luck. McCowan or VV getting in early foul trouble could cause us to be upset. We do lack depth.

Anything less than Sweet 16 would be underachieving
An Elite 8 appearance SHOULD happen
Once you get to the Final Four it just depends who has it those 2 nights plus who can handle the pressure

smootness
01-25-2018, 10:27 PM
I?ll be disappointed if the women don?t win the National Championship this year. We?re that good.

O.....k.

We are very, very good. But winning a national title is extremely hard and UCONN is still around. Anyone thinking we should expect a national title is insane.

MoreCowbell
01-25-2018, 10:29 PM
You really think I wouldn?t support them still? I expect a national championship out of this team and I guarantee you they do too. The only team on their level IMO is UConn and we beat them last year. Yes, I will be disappointed in anything other than a championship but doesn?t mean I won?t be proud and still support them if they don?t.

MoreCowbell
01-25-2018, 10:30 PM
Then I am insane

Lord McBuckethead
01-25-2018, 10:31 PM
SCarolina has that asa girl whom they do not call fouls against. So.....

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 10:36 PM

Don't go that far. We have a chance, but it takes more than being that good to win that.

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 10:38 PM
SCarolina has that asa girl whom they do not call fouls against. So.....

Yep, until they do, they will win it again.

LC Dawg
01-25-2018, 10:42 PM
There?s nothing wrong with being disappointed if they don?t win it all. I was disappointed last year but I was also damn proud of them. They?re a great team so great things are expected.

preachermatt83
01-25-2018, 10:42 PM
We will win the natty. Undefeated

MCsMGs
01-25-2018, 10:45 PM
My biggest concern is Staley's zebra girlfriend...

Cooterpoot
01-25-2018, 10:53 PM
I see the old State crowd is out bitching because someone dared to say they’d be disappointed if we don’t win it all. Must suck to be a Bama fan and expecting to win every year I guess.

msstate7
01-25-2018, 10:57 PM
Better teams than us have fell short of a natty. Hell, look at us beating UConn last season

msstate7
01-25-2018, 10:58 PM
I see the old State crowd is out bitching because someone dared to say they’d be disappointed if we don’t win it all. Must suck to be a Bama fan and expecting to win every year I guess.

Less luck in winning at natty in football than basketball

Bothrops
01-25-2018, 11:22 PM

The rest of our conference schedule isn t a cakewalk. Hope we take it one game at a time.

Homedawg
01-26-2018, 12:23 AM
We will win the natty. Undefeated

Well thanks we're screwed.

Homedawg
01-26-2018, 12:25 AM

Jordan and Perkins in 84 didn't make the final 8. Shit happens and we have zero depth in the post. But we are very good and have a shot

preachermatt83
01-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Well thanks we're screwed.

That's kinda played out

Dawg61
01-26-2018, 01:17 AM
As a #1 seed I'll be disappointed if we don't make the final four tbh.

dawgday166
01-26-2018, 07:05 AM
Jordan and Perkins in 84 didn't make the final 8. Shit happens and we have zero depth in the post. But we are very good and have a shot

Didn't win ACC tourney either. 4 NBA players on that team and they lost to Duke in finals.

Bully13
01-26-2018, 07:09 AM
I'm proud of Vic and the ladies. As long as they continue to show relentless effort and grinding, I'll hug em all win lose or draw. Praise the Lord and Hail State!!

Leeshouldveflanked
01-26-2018, 08:13 AM
If a coaches goal isn't to win the National Championship.... you need a new coach.

msstate7
01-26-2018, 08:18 AM
If a coaches goal isn't to win the National Championship.... you need a new coach.

Absolutely our goal should be a national championship. Even if we do not win it though, it can still be a successful season. Hell, even Ricky Bobby figured out that if you are not first does not equal last (I love double negatives)

BrunswickDawg
01-26-2018, 08:58 AM
I?m not a tattoo guy, but I have a long standing pledge to get an M over S tattoo if we win a team Natty in a sanctioned NCAA sport (So Frisbee didn?t count).

I?m ready to get one this April. Don?t let me down ladies!

Commercecomet24
01-26-2018, 09:11 AM
I'm proud of Vic and the ladies. As long as they continue to show relentless effort and grinding, I'll hug em all win lose or draw. Praise the Lord and Hail State!!

This!

Matty Dispatch
01-26-2018, 09:23 AM
The women's game is so much different than men's. It takes some luck to win the NCAA Tournament, but not nearly as much. To the top 3-4 teams (which MSU is) the first two and sometimes three games of the tourney are cakewalks. If MSU continues to play at they have the first 21 games into March, making the Final Four will not require any luck....and UConn would be on the other side of the bracket if we hold onto #2. We'll have to play our best games in the Final Four to win it wall, but this team is right in the thick of it.

MoreCowbell
01-26-2018, 09:31 AM
As of right now, according to the ?experts?, we are the 2nd best team in the country behind the team we beat in the Final 4 last year. We have a deep, experienced, and talented team that operates as a well oiled machine and IMO is lead by the 2nd best coach in the country. We have dominated top 10 and top 25 teams at home and on the road. At worst I expect a NCG appearance for this team and I don?t think that is unreasonable. We have ?been there before? unlike most of our other teams that have made it to NCG. I think anything short of a NCG appearance(unless we get screwed in bracket and play UConn before then) is a let down IMO. We aren?t getting lucky, we are one of the 2 elite teams IMO and we should have the highest of expectations for this season. Doesnt mean I wont be proud of the girls if we dont but I think we will have underachieved in the NCAAT without at least a NCG appearance. Nothing wrong with those expectations either, this team has earned it.

MoreCowbell
01-26-2018, 09:39 AM
if we played UConn 10 times last year they probably win 6 to 4, maybe. I don?t think there was that big a difference between them and us. USCe would have smoked UConn in NCG last year.

MoreCowbell
01-26-2018, 09:40 AM
Better teams than us have fell short of a natty. Hell, look at us beating UConn last season

f we played UConn 10 times last year they probably win 6 to 4, maybe. I don?t think there was that big a difference between them and us. USCe would have smoked UConn in NCG last year.

msstate7
01-26-2018, 10:13 AM
f we played UConn 10 times last year they probably win 6 to 4, maybe. I don?t think there was that big a difference between them and us. USCe would have smoked UConn in NCG last year.

Maybe... uconn beat them in the regular season though

drunkernhelldawg
01-26-2018, 10:16 AM
This looks like our best chance. Probably gonna have to beat UConn again. But wow!

Tbonewannabe
01-26-2018, 10:44 AM
USCe is really tough when the refs let big girl just throw elbows and clear out her path. Reminds me of Shaq back in the day, he was great but half of his offense was just being bigger and stronger. If you can literally just push people out of your way, it makes scoring a hell of a lot easier.

Coach34
01-26-2018, 11:25 AM
I gotta disagree about Shaq. The refs used to let people get away with murder against him. They called maybe 2/3 of the fouls they should have.

As far as Wilson- she is the best player in America. We will have our hands full when they come to Sville because McCowan cant guard her

smootness
01-26-2018, 11:37 AM
if we played UConn 10 times last year they probably win 6 to 4, maybe. I don?t think there was that big a difference between them and us. USCe would have smoked UConn in NCG last year.

UConn beat South Carolina in February by double digits last year.

smootness
01-26-2018, 11:42 AM
To me, to expect something as a fan should be reserved for 'if we play our game, we won't lose.'

If we play our game, we can still be beat by several teams. I'm not saying they're all better than us, just that we absolutely can lose even playing our game. We're not head and shoulders better than every other team in the country, or even all but one. UConn is great, Louisville is really tough, South Carolina is going to be really tough. Just because we went last year doesn't mean we should expect to make it back.

There's a difference in being disappointed because you wanted something and being disappointed in the team because they fell short of expectations.

We should not be disappointed in this team unless they fail to make it to the Elite 8 or maybe Final 4. And that is a big statement in and of itself.

Coach34
01-26-2018, 11:53 AM
UConn beat South Carolina in February by double digits last year.

at UConn

drunkernhelldawg
01-26-2018, 11:59 AM
I gotta disagree about Shaq. The refs used to let people get away with murder against him. They called maybe 2/3 of the fouls they should have.

As far as Wilson- she is the best player in America. We will have our hands full when they come to Sville because McCowan cant guard her

Exactly right about Shaq. And you still see the refs letting big men get mauled. Hey Ref, Call the damn game.

smootness
01-26-2018, 12:01 PM
at UConn

Correct. How that translates less than two months later to SC smoking UConn, I have no idea.

We played out of our minds in that game and they had a bit of a letdown. It was a huge upset. UConn was better than us last year, would likely win at least 9 out of 10. We're better this year and may be able to beat them again. We'll see. But I'm not expecting that.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-26-2018, 12:13 PM
USCe is a bad match up for us... hopefully when tournament time comes they put them in same bracket with UCONN...but the NCAA is butt hurt over the SEC and will probably put MSU, USCe and TN all in same bracket....

Tbonewannabe
01-26-2018, 02:02 PM

I think part of that was the whole hack a Shaq defense. Refs get tired of calling a foul on every trip down so they let them bang some. If they let him, he would just literally walk his man under the goal and dunk on him. The guy was an absolute beast and top 5 center of all time but it wasn't because of his basketball skills.

Coach34
01-26-2018, 02:05 PM
I think part of that was the whole hack a Shaq defense. Refs get tired of calling a foul on every trip down so they let them bang some. If they let him, he would just literally walk his man under the goal and dunk on him. The guy was an absolute beast and top 5 center of all time but it wasn't because of his basketball skills.

If he could have made 67% of his FT's- he would have been the best C of all-time

Tbonewannabe
01-26-2018, 02:07 PM
If he could have made 67% of his FT's- he would have been the best C of all-time

His baby hook and Kareem's sky hook are the 2 deadliest shots of all time. Nothing a defender could do except hope they missed.

MoreCowbell
01-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Correct. How that translates less than two months later to SC smoking UConn, I have no idea.

We played out of our minds in that game and they had a bit of a letdown. It was a huge upset. UConn was better than us last year, would likely win at least 9 out of 10. We're better this year and may be able to beat them again. We'll see. But I'm not expecting that.

2 months made a huge difference then I guess. Watched both and USCe looked superior. In last years NCAAT at least.

MoreCowbell
01-26-2018, 02:13 PM
To me, to expect something as a fan should be reserved for 'if we play our game, we won't lose.'

If we play our game, we can still be beat by several teams. I'm not saying they're all better than us, just that we absolutely can lose even playing our game. We're not head and shoulders better than every other team in the country, or even all but one. UConn is great, Louisville is really tough, South Carolina is going to be really tough. Just because we went last year doesn't mean we should expect to make it back.

There's a difference in being disappointed because you wanted something and being disappointed in the team because they fell short of expectations.

We should not be disappointed in this team unless they fail to make it to the Elite 8 or maybe Final 4. And that is a big statement in and of itself.

USCe and Louisville are both really good teams this year but we are better. Could we lose? Sure, but we shouldn?t. That?s all I?m saying.

shannondawg
01-26-2018, 04:07 PM
We lucked out when Princeton beat UCLA in our run to the final 4. We ran into a shitstorm in first round in Birmingham. Played Texas in Texas, Lost to 1 seed Memphis in Little Rock by a point or several.

Coach34
01-26-2018, 06:49 PM
We lucked out when Princeton beat UCLA in our run to the final 4. .

Bullshit. We had made the Sweet 16 the year before and had a better team. We had also just beaten Kentucky- the nation's #1 team on a neutral floor. We would have beaten UCLA

yjnkdawg
01-27-2018, 12:27 AM

I hope we do, but I think you may have some unreal expectations, concerning winning a National Championship. It really depends upon what team gets hot during the tourney, the brackets and other factors. Trying to continue what our girls are doing now is very difficult. Not impossible, but very difficult. There are some other teams who think they are also that good now, and probably some teams who get hot in the tourney who will have that same mind set.

yjnkdawg
01-27-2018, 12:41 AM
USCe is really tough when the refs let big girl just throw elbows and clear out her path. Reminds me of Shaq back in the day, he was great but half of his offense was just being bigger and stronger. If you can literally just push people out of your way, it makes scoring a hell of a lot easier.

If the Refs started calling those obvious fouls committed by Wilson (as they should), Dawn Staley who throw a hissy fit. Now that would be fun to see.

MoreCowbell
03-31-2018, 01:47 PM
My lovely lady Bumps