PDA

View Full Version : Amazing convo between Smoot and Mario Haggan

BigEasyDawg
01-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Today on QB and Coach with John Bond calling Fred Smoot and then while he was talking got Mario on the line and those two together were solid radio Gold!!!!

They mentioned them and Moulds and some of the older guys coming back to scrimmage the team in the spring and how Dan promised them that and then they both took at shot at the old coach and Mario called him "the pretty girl that left you to date someone else" but how we can go out now and get a prettier one.

Man that show is really killer, I love it. And to have those two guys on today was incredible.

Mario ended the conversation by saying "remember when everybody used to be scared of playing the Mississippi state bulldogs and tuscaloosa and baton rouge feared for the saturdays that msu was rolling in to town" man, that gave me chills. Hopefully there will be more times like this on the horizon!

Todd4State
01-25-2018, 08:56 PM
I love the idea of our old players coming back and scrimmaging with the team. It would be fun to see the old guys mixed in with the current guys at the spring game. I think guys like Smoot, Haggan, and Moulds and others who played in the NFL have a lot that they could give back to our players.

BigEasyDawg
01-25-2018, 09:03 PM
Smoot said if they come they will demand to wear those black uniforms. I think the old players could give our 2018 team the confidence and "swag" that turns a talented team into an elite team. Thats been the difference sometimes for us. We have all the talent in the world but need that dog in us that those 99 and 00 teams had.

Homedawg
01-25-2018, 09:16 PM
They aren't scrimmaging our guys..... no chance that happens. Not in this day and age of lawsuits. Sounds great. Ain't happening.

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2018, 09:24 PM
They aren't scrimmaging our guys..... no chance that happens. Not in this day and age of lawsuits. Sounds great. Ain't happening.

https://media.giphy.com/media/bgs0PbjKdYTrG/giphy.gif

somebodyshotmypaw
01-25-2018, 09:39 PM

Didn't some ex-Bama players come back and run scout team for a few practices? Blake Sims and Trent Richardson I think. Obviously they were much younger.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-25-2018, 09:42 PM

Bama has former players come back and scrimmage against current players ...

Jarius
01-25-2018, 09:43 PM

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2016/11/8/13556504/alabama-scout-team-pros-trent-richardson-blake-sims-john-parker-wilson

Except you’re wrong.

BigEasyDawg
01-25-2018, 10:20 PM
Whose gonna say no to Smootness, Mario Haggan, and Eric Moulds? I bet they can get some more of their buddies.

Lord knows Bear and J rob aint doing anything ****

Perpetual Underachiever
01-25-2018, 10:25 PM
Whose gonna say no to Smootness, Mario Haggan, and Eric Moulds? I bet they can get some more of their buddies.

At least not until 2020 when they?re both XFL 2.0 all-stars

Homedawg
01-25-2018, 10:38 PM
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2016/11/8/13556504/alabama-scout-team-pros-trent-richardson-blake-sims-john-parker-wilson

Except you’re wrong.

When it happens you call me. Otherwise I'll be right. John Cohen isn't going to let this happen.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Imagine Eric Moulds spending a week in the spring and fall with Whop and Guidry (and later, Heath)

Would be invaluable!

the peeper
01-26-2018, 09:29 AM
That's like making the midget basketball all star team

3rdGen
01-26-2018, 10:23 AM

HAHAHA!

DawgNamedScuba
01-26-2018, 11:42 AM

Jrob got signed for a CFL team last week. Lets see how long that last.