PDA

View Full Version : Chipper and Jim Thome - Great HOF pairing

The Federalist Engineer
01-25-2018, 08:34 PM
For those that the read the Chipper Book, you already know the story...

In Double-A, the Braves and Indians played and had a bench clearing brawl. Chipper learned big lessons of Brawl etiquette that served him for the rest of his professional career.

(1) Never hold back a fellow teammate, you hold the other guy
(2) You identify the biggest guy on the other team (Jim Thome) and stay the hell away from that guy without looking like you meant too

It's a cool read, but for some damned reason he refers to OM as a baseball power in 1989 when he was drafted. He got confused and some punk editor changed MSU into OM. No way was OM baseball relevant in 1989. A kid from Jacksonville Bolles would have been a bulldog if he really wanted to be a collegian, especially a southern kid like Chipper.

He does say he signed with Miami, but just to create negotiation leverage.

SaintDawg
01-25-2018, 08:52 PM
These two weren't touched by the baseball gods at birth... they were cradled. With love and passion. They were born to be first ballot HOFers

RougeDawg
01-25-2018, 09:23 PM
Hate to burst some bubbles but Chipper was a juicer himself. A player on those Braves teams told me himself that 75-80% or those Braves teams were juicing including John Smoltz. Chipper never was accused of it because he didn?t bulk like this others.

Maddux, Glavine and a few others were only ones not using some form of PED on those teams. Sorry to bring this up again. My main point is that this 75-80% usage was across the league but a select few get singled out at ?Bad Actors?. Palmeiro, Bonds. etc, but the entire league was using. Only some were easy to see because their genetic makeup created more bulk effect.

BigEasyDawg
01-25-2018, 10:26 PM

BigEasyDawg
01-25-2018, 10:28 PM
Hate to burst some bubbles but Chipper was a juicer himself. A player on those Braves teams told me himself that 75-80% or those Braves teams were juicing including John Smoltz. Chipper never was accused of it because he didn?t bulk like this others.

Maddux, Glavine and a few others were only ones not using some form of PED on those teams. Sorry to bring this up again. My main point is that this 75-80% usage was across the league but a select few get singled out at ?Bad Actors?. Palmeiro, Bonds. etc, but the entire league was using. Only some were easy to see because their genetic makeup created more bulk effect.

#fakenews

Matty Dispatch
01-26-2018, 09:32 AM
I was in the locker room eating cheesy Doritos and saw RougeDawg's favorite baseball player injecting some juice. Yeah, they did it right there in the locker room in front of everyone. That's how all the players knew who was doing it. They all talked about it too. But it was a big secret, except the part where I was there eating cheesy Doritos and saw RougeDawg's favorite player injecting the juice.