PDA

View Full Version : Elijah

msstate7
10-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Wonder how long it took coach ray to call elijah about enrolling early. Hopefully not long...

Dawg61
10-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Wonder how long it took coach ray to call elijah about enrolling early. Hopefully not long...

Haha I hope he called him this morning! There's potential for a very good player being added before the SEC season starts. HUGE add for the bball team if this comes to fruition.

Jacksondevildog
10-03-2013, 07:06 AM
Ray tweeted out his practice plan last week and it included names of players. Elijah was on it.

MitchD24
10-03-2013, 07:38 AM
It wasn't elijah staley on the practice plan.

Dawg61
10-03-2013, 08:27 AM
There's 5 names on it I didn't recognize, Kyle, Tevin, Isaiah(not IJ), Elijah and Dallas. Looks like we have 5-6 walk-ons. There's 15 names on the list of players. Fallou is on there. Staley and DeRunnya are not obviously so it looks like by Jan 1st there could be 17 basketball players. Also Jacoby Davis isn't on the list unless I'm overlooking him. Not sure what's up there?

Jacksondevildog
10-03-2013, 09:03 AM
I guess I can't read.
It wasn't elijah staley on the practice plan.

C222
10-03-2013, 09:20 AM
There's 5 names on it I didn't recognize, Kyle, Tevin, Isaiah(not IJ), Elijah and Dallas. Looks like we have 5-6 walk-ons. There's 15 names on the list of players. Fallou is on there. Staley and DeRunnya are not obviously so it looks like by Jan 1st there could be 17 basketball players. Also Jacoby Davis isn't on the list unless I'm overlooking him. Not sure what's up there?

Jacoby and Wendell are hurt and didn't practice.

Dawg61
10-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Sweet 19 basketball players! No wonder Steele didn't have a spot for next year. No subs problem this year haha. Good job Rick Ray!

smootness
10-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Sweet 19 basketball players! No wonder Steele didn't have a spot for next year. No subs problem this year haha. Good job Rick Ray!

It is huge for practice to have decent walk-ons. Whether or not they ever contribute much in games, they absolutely help your program.

'Merica Dawg
10-03-2013, 10:17 AM
I sure hope he call enroll... that would be tremendous to have he and fitz both here for the spring.

MStateME13
10-03-2013, 12:29 PM

I don't know about the others, but Isaiah is a huge step above our previous walk-ons. He is very strong and athletic- perfect skill set to challenge the scholarship guys in practice with his defense.

He's been killing it regularly in the Sanderson for a couple years now, and the only reason he wasn't on the team as a walk-on last year was because of ROTC commitments. Great kid too.

chef dixon
10-03-2013, 01:31 PM
How good is Staley supposed to be at basketball? Is he a first year starter type?

Coach34
10-03-2013, 02:07 PM
How good is Staley supposed to be at basketball? Is he a first year starter type?

He is good enough to contribute some minutes- but not start. Chicken and Flat-Top Fred will be solid starters for us at the 2 and 3

Dawg61
10-03-2013, 02:37 PM

Good enough to hold 10+ offers including Georgetown, FSU, Miami, GTech, UGA. He's a low 4* or high 3* so definitely capable of providing 5-10 minutes out the gate. I can't wait to see MSU on the fastbreak with DeRunnya and Eli running the floor. Throw in Ready, Chicken and Flat Top and good luck trying to stop that break. I like the pieces Ray is adding. Reminds me of a poor man's VCU.

smootness
10-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Good enough to hold 10+ offers including Georgetown, FSU, Miami, GTech, UGA. He's a low 4* or high 3* so definitely capable of providing 5-10 minutes out the gate. I can't wait to see MSU on the fastbreak with DeRunnya and Eli running the floor. Throw in Ready, Chicken and Flat Top and good luck trying to stop that break. I like the pieces Ray is adding. Reminds me of a poor man's VCU.

And with Lewis now gone for good, we'll need somebody to play inside some. I know Staley is a SF, but he'll have to play some PF for us, assuming he is able to enroll early.

He and Wilson could give us some length and size that we are otherwise lacking.

And the guys you mentioned are all talented guys...overall, probably moreso than VCU. They're just still very young and inexperienced.

Dawg61
10-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Ware, Borchert and Roc Johnson will have to fill the minutes at C. We will have to play very fast to make up the size difference and they will all have to rebound as a team or they'll get destroyed on the boards.