PDA

View Full Version : Could stansbury be back in sec at aTm?

msstate7
01-24-2018, 12:25 AM
This is Kennedy?s 6th year at aTm, and he is nosediving with a very talented team. Stansbury is tied for first in his conference with an rpi at 45. Kennedy in his 6 years at aTm has made the nit or NCAA twice... both years were when stansbury was on his staff. Stansbury also helped reel in their #4 nationally 2015 class. If both coaches continue the direction they are on this season, it would not surprise me if aTm hired stansbury

BuckyIsAB****
01-24-2018, 12:34 AM
Can you imagine this place if they did?

The bitching and moaning would be record scale. Liverpool and 34 might actually meet in real life at high noon to duel

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-24-2018, 01:32 AM
I’d take his ass back right now.

dawgday166
01-24-2018, 05:41 AM
This is Kennedy?s 6th year at aTm, and he is nosediving with a very talented team. Stansbury is tied for first in his conference with an rpi at 45. Kennedy in his 6 years at aTm has made the nit or NCAA twice... both years were when stansbury was on his staff. Stansbury also helped reel in their #4 nationally 2015 class. If both coaches continue the direction they are on this season, it would not surprise me if aTm hired stansbury

LOL ... you be doing some trollin now. ****

dawgday166
01-24-2018, 06:19 AM
I?d take his ass back right now.

Stansbury did some good things till about 2005 or so. Good recruiter and evaluator of talent. Then he started letting inmates run the asylum.

He also like Mullen. If he goes into big game as a favorite, his ass**** puckers up so tight a nail can't be driven into it. When that happened the team tightened up too. Stans can't win a big game.

He also like Mullen in that he had his favorites and tended to play upperclassmen too. I remember in Winsome Frazier's soph season playing Butler I believe in NCAA tourney, and Zimmerman, Bowers, and whole team throwing up bricks. Damn good shooters clanking bricks (tended to happen to Stansbury teams in big games when favored).

Anyway, Frazier comes off the bench, as usual plays great D and hits a couple of smooth three pointers. Winsome bringing some energy to game and gets a little rally started. And dammit if Stans doesn't yank his ass after the 2nd 3 pointer and puts him back on bench for rest of game. I never understood that move. We end up losing close one to Butler. If I recall correctly, that was the beginning of Butler's ascension to making deep runs in tourney.

His favorite player - Renardo Sydney. Let him get away with all kinds of crap. What a cancer he became. Destroyed a very talented team.

Next favorite - Jamont Gordon. For 2 or 3 years watched him in a slew of close games do nothing but dribble around for last 2 or 3 minutes of game, NEVER passing to anyone, till he threw up a last second shot to try to win game (most times with 2 or 3 defenders in his face). Thought he was Larry Bird I guess (except Bird would pass to open man in those situations). In all those multitudes of attempts, he made ONE that I recall, against KY in SEC tourney. We lost so many close games during that time I lost count.

Lost 2 to 4 or 5 good players to transfers, etc. because of having his favorites and letting them get away with all kinds of crap.

2003-2004 - His best team ever. Won SEC outright. #1 SEC Tourney seed. Lost to Vandy in 2nd round after 1st round bye. 2 seed in NCAA tourney. Got waxed by Xavier in 2nd round of NCAA tourney. Bunch of clanking of rims going on in those 2 games too.

Towards end of his reign, tended to play weak RPI OOC schedule. have a bad loss during that schedule, win 20+ games and not make NCAA tourney. At least this year we don't have the bad loss during our weak RPI OOC schedule. Not to mention all the off-court drama that went on all the time.

Main difference between Mullen & Stans. Mullen never let inmates run asylum and while busting his ass (finally) in his quest to get out of Starkville, he left quite a bit of talent behind. The football program is in good shape.

Stans thought he'd never be fired, wasn't trying to leave Starkville, and proceeded to let the basketball program deteriorate to just shy of the depths of hell. Program was in shambles when he left.

IMO, "No thanks" to Stans. Don't want him. I believe Howland has it headed in right direction, just have to get over hump some. Gotta play a complete game. The shooting will come I believe, but they clanking them right now. Doesn't mean they can't shoot tho. They just need to gain some confidence.
I'm moderately optimistic.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 08:18 AM
Stands at A&M would be awesome

Dawgface
01-24-2018, 08:32 AM
It sure would. Hope it happens.

RougeDawg
01-24-2018, 08:39 AM
Stansbury did some good things till about 2005 or so. Good recruiter and evaluator of talent. Then he started letting inmates run the asylum.

He also like Mullen. If he goes into big game as a favorite, his ass**** puckers up so tight a nail can't be driven into it. When that happened the team tightened up too. Stans can't win a big game.

He also like Mullen in that he had his favorites and tended to play upperclassmen too. I remember in Winsome Frazier's soph season playing Butler I believe in NCAA tourney, and Zimmerman, Bowers, and whole team throwing up bricks. Damn good shooters clanking bricks (tended to happen to Stansbury teams in big games when favored).

Anyway, Frazier comes off the bench, as usual plays great D and hits a couple of smooth three pointers. Winsome bringing some energy to game and gets a little rally started. And dammit if Stans doesn't yank his ass after the 2nd 3 pointer and puts him back on bench for rest of game. I never understood that move. We end up losing close one to Butler. If I recall correctly, that was the beginning of Butler's ascension to making deep runs in tourney.

His favorite player - Renardo Sydney. Let him get away with all kinds of crap. What a cancer he became. Destroyed a very talented team.

Next favorite - Jamont Gordon. For 2 or 3 years watched him in a slew of close games do nothing but dribble around for last 2 or 3 minutes of game, NEVER passing to anyone, till he threw up a last second shot to try to win game (most times with 2 or 3 defenders in his face). Thought he was Larry Bird I guess (except Bird would pass to open man in those situations). In all those multitudes of attempts, he made ONE that I recall, against KY in SEC tourney. We lost so many close games during that time I lost count.

Lost 2 to 4 or 5 good players to transfers, etc. because of having his favorites and letting them get away with all kinds of crap.

2003-2004 - His best team ever. Won SEC outright. #1 SEC Tourney seed. Lost to Vandy in 2nd round after 1st round bye. 2 seed in NCAA tourney. Got waxed by Xavier in 2nd round of NCAA tourney. Bunch of clanking of rims going on in those 2 games too.

Towards end of his reign, tended to play weak RPI OOC schedule. have a bad loss during that schedule, win 20+ games and not make NCAA tourney. At least this year we don't have the bad loss during our weak RPI OOC schedule. Not to mention all the off-court drama that went on all the time.

Main difference between Mullen & Stans. Mullen never let inmates run asylum and while busting his ass (finally) in his quest to get out of Starkville, he left quite a bit of talent behind. The football program is in good shape.

Stans thought he'd never be fired, wasn't trying to leave Starkville, and proceeded to let the basketball program deteriorate to just shy of the depths of hell. Program was in shambles when he left.

IMO, "No thanks" to Stans. Don't want him. I believe Howland has it headed in right direction, just have to get over hump some. Gotta play a complete game. The shooting will come I believe, but they clanking them right now. Doesn't mean they can't shoot tho. They just need to gain some confidence.

At least we had opportunities to choke in big tournament games under Stans. We can?t even sniff the NIT these days,almost for an entire decade. That?s as low as it gets in a P5 conference.

sandwolf
01-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Stands at A&M would be awesome

Awesome as in you think he would do well there, or awesome as in it would drive up your message board traffic?

Cooterpoot
01-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Stans would beat our asses every year at A&M. Even his sorry offensive sets make ours look like a rec league game plan.

dawgday166
01-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Funny how some folks had infinite patience with Stans and Mullen but all other coaches must produce immediate results, regardless of their pedigree or the dumpster fire they inherited.

msstate7
01-24-2018, 10:49 AM
Funny how some folks had infinite patience with Stans and Mullen but all other coaches must produce immediate results, regardless of their pedigree or the dumpster fire they inherited.

I do not wanna fire howland, but Mullen was much better, much quicker. If howland does not get NCAA tourney next season, send him back to cali

Liverpooldawg
01-24-2018, 10:54 AM

Winning helps.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 11:14 AM

People just want to bitch mostly because they are in the Stands Cult.

It took Stands 4 years to get into the NCAA Tourney- even tho Williams gifted him a team that should have been in the NCAA Tourney his 1st season. Ty Washington, Hamilton, White, Hyche, Myles, Jackson, Patterson...and Stands turned it into a 1st round NIT loss

If this team misses the NIT- people should bitch and expect more. Next better be in postseason somewhere. We'll see how it turns out.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 11:18 AM
Awesome as in you think he would do well there, or awesome as in it would drive up your message board traffic?

He would struggle there. He'll be 59 next year and runs too loose of a ship. He is in the right place coaching at a Mid-Major with a winning tradition. If A&M had wanted him- they could have had him. It would have been easy for them to use Kennedy's illness as an excuse for a change.

bluelightstar
01-24-2018, 11:23 AM
I do not wanna fire howland, but Mullen was much better, much quicker. If howland does not get NCAA tourney next season, send him back to cali

Mullen also came in to a much better situation. Croom was not a good coach (especially on offense), but he cleaned up the mess and left some pieces for Mullen to work with. Mullen's second team had NFL players on it. Howland took over from Rick Ray who couldn't coach or recruit, and we are demanding firings when he hasn't even been here 3 years. This brain trust would've fired Bruce Pearl last year.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 11:42 AM
This brain trust would've fired Bruce Pearl last year.

And Frank Martin the year before

BankerDog
01-24-2018, 12:07 PM

Let's get some things straight here for once. Do you know the reason he took Sydney in the first place? Because our fans were bitching that he didn't recruit at a high enough level anymore. So he took a chance on Sydney. And he had to let Sydney get away with stuff because he pulled that off on his own, not with the help of boosters. If you cut Sydney and he talks-the "dumpster fire" is a helluva lot worse with the NCAA around investigating. Your inmates running the asluym is funny really considering the circus that has been X Stapleton. If you go back and look at the @HailStateMBK twitter account you'll notice a practice picture. All the players are working on their shooting, etc except Stapleton who is off in the damn corner just sitting down not giving a damn. Literally all the coaches and players are together and he is off to the side. You also have players taking their frustrations off on twitter after every single game and, again, there are a lot of issues that go on in each of our programs that should not be brought into the spotlight as is the case everywhere.

Secondly, sounds like another coach I know who lets players get in a groove several times this year and then proceeds to pull the whole starting lineup. Last night, first half is a prime example.

For all the bitching we heard about "Stans doesn't recruit well enough anymore" and "Stans doesn't have assistants that can come up with X and O" anymore. Seems like their are some parallels between then and now. Yes, on paper, our talent should be better. But I could take a Jamont Gordon, Phil Turner, Riley Benock, Barry Stewart, and whoever else might've been on that team and competed with this team and win. Those guys at least ran their offensive cuts hard and found ways to make baskets. Ari Gold was on here I believe a week or so ago talking about rumors in the program of Howland not having good enough Xs and Os guys and there being some concern there, glad to see someone finally realizing it.

MadDawg
01-24-2018, 12:50 PM

7 years later and you are still making excuses. How pathetic. The only person who was ever cultish about Stans was you and your merry band of Stans haters. You went on a multi-year campaign against Stans and denigrated him and anyone who liked him. You hammered away at the point that he was the worst coach in the country and that anyone could do better than him at State. Anyone.

Now 7 years later and we still haven't even got back the level that you convinced us was completely unacceptable. And somehow, unbelievably, your hot take today is that Howland just needs to listen to you more. Holy 17.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 01:53 PM
7 years later and you are still making excuses. How pathetic. The only person who was ever cultish about Stans was you and your merry band of Stans haters. You went on a multi-year campaign against Stans and denigrated him and anyone who liked him. You hammered away at the point that he was the worst coach in the country and that anyone could do better than him at State. Anyone.

Now 7 years later and we still haven't even got back the level that you convinced us was completely unacceptable. And somehow, unbelievably, your hot take today is that Howland just needs to listen to you more. Holy 17.

A) this is year 6. You guys keep trying to add years for some reason

B) Nobody told Stricklin to hire a complete nobody that caused our boosters to stop sponsoring AAU- so 3 years of this we did to ourselves. So don’t blame that shit on me. NOBODY wanted Rick Ray as our coach. NOBODY

C) We are 14-6 and Howland is bringing the program along

Liverpooldawg
01-24-2018, 01:59 PM
B. I don’t like loafers at all but that hire wasn’t his fault. We tried to warn you what would happen.

dawgday166
01-24-2018, 02:13 PM

It took Stands 4 years to get into the NCAA Tourney- even tho Williams gifted him a team that should have been in the NCAA Tourney his 1st season. Ty Washington, Hamilton, White, Hyche, Myles, Jackson, Patterson...and Stands turned it into a 1st round NIT loss

If this team misses the NIT- people should bitch and expect more. Next better be in postseason somewhere. We'll see how it turns out.

Yep .. I know.

Tbonewannabe
01-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Mullen also came in to a much better situation. Croom was not a good coach (especially on offense), but he cleaned up the mess and left some pieces for Mullen to work with. Mullen's second team had NFL players on it. Howland took over from Rick Ray who couldn't coach or recruit, and we are demanding firings when he hasn't even been here 3 years. This brain trust would've fired Bruce Pearl last year.

Croom left Mullen several NFL players and the best Oline Mullen had until last year. Croom might have had several faults but he did get some talent on campus (except QB but he did have Russell committed so who knows).

Coach34
01-24-2018, 02:53 PM
B. I don’t like loafers at all but that hire wasn’t his fault. We tried to warn you what would happen.

Stricklin passed up some really talented people to hire Ray. That’s 100% on Stricklin

drunkernhelldawg
01-24-2018, 03:06 PM

That's offensive, especially since the cult behavior is all on the other side.

TimberBeast
01-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Stricklin passed up some really talented people to hire Ray. That’s 100% on Stricklin

I thought no one wanted the job because of the "mess" Stans left the program in?

Liverpooldawg
01-24-2018, 05:16 PM

Not according to my information. My information comes from an impeccable source.

dawgday166
01-24-2018, 06:13 PM

I'm not including you in the ones that do. You were trolling the board tho LOL.

Mullen very good in 2010. Very average in 11, 12, and 13. And I don't think Croom left a total dumpster fire either. D was pretty decent and Oline was decent too. Culture had improved too some.
Mullen did excellent job of holding together and maybe adding a couple or few recruits in 2009, and added some quality jucos too in 2010.

Based off of just 1 year (2010), everyone fell in love with Mullen cause he "won" even tho his OOC every year looked about like Howland's did this year.

4 OOC wins, beat KY, only gotta win 2 more to get to 7. Most of time other east foe sucked too. So beat 1 SEC W team to get to 7. Only finished higher than 4th in SEC W one year in 9. That sux to me. We should've finished higher than 4th multiple years easily IMO.

Right now in Howland's 3rd year, progressing throughout this year, the bball team is probably improving at about the same rate as Mullen's did in his 8th year when we started out the year losing to USA and we looked like a Jr High football team for half a year, on offense and defense.

And Howland's defense looks a helluva a lot better than 2016 football team. And no one needs blame Sirmon ... the reason there was a Sirmon cause Mullen was working package deal for him and Manny to go to Miami and got hung out to dry when Richt was hired. Manny bolted and Mullen had ZERO options so he hired Sirmon.

Everyone used to always want to blame DCs for ******* failure while he was here. As I've said for over 2 years now (and got blasted by the Mullen lovers), go look at his offensive stats while here. The D outperformed O every year other than 2 I believe, with 2016 as one of them.

The reason everyone loves Stans so much cause he was personable, loyal to MSU, yada, yada. His last 5 years sucked for most part, compared to talent on floor.

Howland is doing ok right now. Based on what I've seen (which I haven't been watching a lot), but there is some pretty solid D being played for most part. Gotta get smarter offensively and improve shooting. Howland is also missing quality depth at the moment too.

I personally think we're moving toward being pretty darn solid team in a couple of years. Howland just needs a little more time.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 07:41 PM
Not according to my information. My information comes from an impeccable source.

Your "impeccable source" is a ****ing liar. Kermit Jr begged for the job and wasnt considered. The top asst at FREAKING KANSAS was passed over for Rick-****ing-Ray. Stop with the defending Stands bullshit. Stricklin was tired of our basketball program being labeled as "dirty" under Stands and went Rogue. Strick interviewed former players trying to get them to roll on Stands being dirty- Shane Power was one of them and told a close friend of mine he lied to protect Stands. He was out to change the direction of the program. Strick found out how polyanna he was- and even then was going to give RR Year 4- until our Boosters stormed Keenum's office and said- "hey mf'er- we got Ben Howland agreeing to take this job. Hire him or we are going to wreak havoc."

That's 100% what happened with our basketball program. That comes from the ****ing top,

BuckyIsAB****
01-24-2018, 07:58 PM
Your "impeccable source" is a ****ing liar. Kermit Jr begged for the job and wasnt considered. The top asst at FREAKING KANSAS was passed over for Rick-****ing-Ray. Stop with the defending Stands bullshit. Stricklin was tired of our basketball program being labeled as "dirty" under Stands and went Rogue. Strick interviewed former players trying to get them to roll on Stands being dirty- Shane Power was one of them and told a close friend of mine he lied to protect Stands. He was out to change the direction of the program. Strick found out how polyanna he was- and even then was going to give RR Year 4- until our Boosters stormed Keenum's office and said- "hey mf'er- we got Ben Howland agreeing to take this job. Hire him or we are going to wreak havoc."

That's 100% what happened with our basketball program. That comes from the ****ing top,

Sounds as shitty and unprepared as the team is

Dawg61
01-24-2018, 08:17 PM

Kermit, Dooley and Payne all wanted the job. Hell we coulda kept Phil Cunningham on as interim till we found someone better than Rick Ray which woulda taken all of 1 second to pick up the first application on the desk. Stricklin was hell bent on doing it his way and should of been fired on the spot for hiring the 3rd assistant at Clemson.

Liverpooldawg
01-24-2018, 09:30 PM

No, my source is not a liar. Im not defending Stans, never have really. You never did understand my postion, and you still don't.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 09:55 PM
No, my source is not a liar. Im not defending Stans, never have really. You never did understand my postion, and you still don't.

Welllll- whatever your position is- we could have hired Kermit Jr or Joe Dooley as our HC instead of RR. And many think if we had paid Prohm he would have come. But we didnt. Stricklin wanted purity in the program and we paid for it. Waste 3 years. So AGAIN- dont blame that shit on me. Stricklin owns that BS

Liverpooldawg
01-24-2018, 10:05 PM
Welllll- whatever your position is- we could have hired Kermit Jr or Joe Dooley as our HC instead of RR. And many think if we had paid Prohm he would have come. But we didnt. Stricklin wanted purity in the program and we paid for it. Waste 3 years. So AGAIN- dont blame that shit on me. Stricklin owns that BS

My source said we hired who we could actually get. There were a lot of names being bandied around, he laughed at all of them. I asked him who we were going to hire. He said, "whoever we can get, it won't be anyone you have heard of." He was dead on, and he was no fan of Strick. My actual opinion at the time was we needed to wait one more year on Stans. Our impression of our programs's perception around the country was grossly inflated. Had we waited a year to see if Stans was going to fall on his face, and I feel quite sure he would have, then the "who do they think they are?" stuff would have been much more muted. I actually had a much lower opinion of where we were than you did. That's why I was scared we would wind up making exactly the kind of hire we made if we did it after a NIT season. It's also why I have backed off of my earlier rants about wanting Howland gone. After much reflection I think we may be in a somewhat similar situation now. Run him off NOW and we may not see a decent MSU team in our lifetimes. The difference from Stans is I do think Howland has a much better chance of getting it turned around. It's all water under the bridge, at least for me (that doesn't mean I won't post on it). I'd just like to get back to the bubble again. Then we can hopefully go on to something better.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 11:04 PM
My source said we hired who we could actually get. There were a lot of names being bandied around, he laughed at all of them.

and aGAIN- thats 100% bullshit. Kermit Jr has told State person after State person- he was never offered the job and would have taken it in a heartbeat. Joe Dooley wanted our job- but Strick didnt offer so his ass took FGC. Shirley you arent such a dumb mf'er to suggest to people that the top asst at Kansas passed on Miss State to take the job at ******* Fla Gulf Coast.

And those are just 2 coaches.

Stricklin wanted to start fresh and cleanse the program. Separate from the nasty nasty AAU. And thats why he went with RR. It was such a ridiculous hire Strick was told he would never be allowed to hire a HC at State again. One big reason he left State- he lost alot of power on the RR hire.

Dawg61
01-24-2018, 11:13 PM
My actual opinion at the time was we needed to wait one more year on Stans.

This has been discussed ad nauseam and you still refuse to allow the information to penetrate your brain cells. Stricklin put himself in a corner when he demanded Stansbury fire some assistant coaches. The plan all along (and it's not a long plan) was to give Stansbury that one more year only with different assistant coaches. Stansbury then choose to fire himself by resigning instead of firing his assistant coaches. Stricklin again put himself in a corner and wasn't going to then say ok well nevermind you can stay one more year and not fire anyone. So Stricklin went into the meeting with an ultimatum without having a backup plan in place. Stansbury called his bluff and Stricklin was then forced to act on it like he wasn't bluffing. He ****ed the program big time that day and then he ****ed it over a hundred times worse when he panicked and hired Rick Ray. He didn't have to hire Ray. Phil Cunningham would have been willing to stay on as head coach till we finally found a warm body better than Ray. Which is any swinging dick walking including Phil Cunningham. Stricklin murdered the program three times. Once by having a bullshit bluff to try and force Stansbury to fire some assistants, two by then firing Stansbury instead of admitting his bluff and three by panicking and hiring a mop to coach our basketball team. ALL BLAME GOES ON SCOTT STRICKLIN!!! 100% of the blame is on SS. He hired Ray. He fired Stansbury. The plan was to give Stansbury one more year.

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 08:58 AM
This has been discussed ad nauseam and you still refuse to allow the information to penetrate your brain cells. Stricklin put himself in a corner when he demanded Stansbury fire some assistant coaches. The plan all along (and it's not a long plan) was to give Stansbury that one more year only with different assistant coaches. Stansbury then choose to fire himself by resigning instead of firing his assistant coaches. Stricklin again put himself in a corner and wasn't going to then say ok well nevermind you can stay one more year and not fire anyone. So Stricklin went into the meeting with an ultimatum without having a backup plan in place. Stansbury called his bluff and Stricklin was then forced to act on it like he wasn't bluffing. He ****ed the program big time that day and then he ****ed it over a hundred times worse when he panicked and hired Rick Ray. He didn't have to hire Ray. Phil Cunningham would have been willing to stay on as head coach till we finally found a warm body better than Ray. Which is any swinging dick walking including Phil Cunningham. Stricklin murdered the program three times. Once by having a bullshit bluff to try and force Stansbury to fire some assistants, two by then firing Stansbury instead of admitting his bluff and three by panicking and hiring a mop to coach our basketball team. ALL BLAME GOES ON SCOTT STRICKLIN!!! 100% of the blame is on SS. He hired Ray. He fired Stansbury. The plan was to give Stansbury one more year.

The reason I “dont allow information to penetrate my brain cells” is my source. I don’t know you people from Adam’s house cat. I know my source, and more importantly I know who he is. Sorry 61. Edited to add: The only thing in your diatribe that conflicts with what I’m saying is on the hire. What you are saying about the firing varies from what I’ve been told only on the intent. The particulars are pretty close. You evidently can’t see that.

shannondawg
01-25-2018, 10:19 AM
I don't get the perception around the country that ours was a dirty program.

Dawg61
01-25-2018, 12:44 PM
The reason I “dont allow information to penetrate my brain cells” is my source. I don’t know you people from Adam’s house cat. I know my source, and more importantly I know who he is. Sorry 61. Edited to add: The only thing in your diatribe that conflicts with what I’m saying is on the hire. What you are saying about the firing varies from what I’ve been told only on the intent. The particulars are pretty close. You evidently can’t see that.

Read the ESPN article right after he resigned where Stansbury himself says he slept on his decision to resign and felt comfortable with it the next day to move forward with it. Let me translate that for you, Stricklin told him he needed to make some changes with his staff so he decided to resign instead and even slept on the decision before making it official with SS and MSU.

Stansbury, 52, said he and MSU athletics director Scott Stricklin met for more than two hours on Wednesday morning, and both of them agreed the veteran coach would likely retire. Stansbury said he slept on the decision Wednesday night, and felt comfortable on Thursday morning.

"A lot of coaches can stay at one spot too long," Stansbury said. "I don't want to be one of those coaches."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7691262/mississippi-state-bulldogs-coach-rick-stansbury-retiring

End this debate Liverpool. Don't bring it up anymore.

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Read the ESPN article right after he resigned where Stansbury himself says he slept on his decision to resign and felt comfortable with it the next day to move forward with it. Let me translate that for you, Stricklin told him he needed to make some changes with his staff so he decided to resign instead and even slept on the decision before making it official with SS and MSU.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7691262/mississippi-state-bulldogs-coach-rick-stansbury-retiring

34 brought it up, talk to him. AGAIN, what you are saying about the firing does NOT come conflict with what I’m saying. You are debating yourself 61.

Coach34
01-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Well Liverpool it’s because he’s embarrassed for you and won’t pile on. You are the only person in the world that thinks Joe Dooley took the Fla Gulf Coast job over State

tcdog70
01-25-2018, 03:13 PM

EXACTLY--where is any proof we were dirty. The Bama Coach started that shit when we took Austin from Him. I have not heard a word about Stans begin dirty at A&M or W-Ky -so was He only dirty here?

tcdog70
01-25-2018, 03:16 PM

I know someone working in the ADs office that called our office (her son worked for US) and said Scott has fired Rick and and Rick is pitching a fit and is very upset. This was as it was happening. He did not resign--he was fired. Later he said he resigned because of His Retirement.

tcdog70
01-25-2018, 03:19 PM

is this the same ESPN that had us as the Delta Devils?? right I'm believing them

Coach34
01-25-2018, 03:21 PM
I know someone working in the ADs office that called our office (her son worked for US) and said Scott has fired Rick and and Rick is pitching a fit and is very upset. This was as it was happening. He did not resign--he was fired. Later he said he resigned because of His Retirement.

This is correct

Commercecomet24
01-25-2018, 03:25 PM
C34 and Liverpool, high noon at the Junction, 20 paces.

shannondawg
01-25-2018, 03:55 PM
C34 and Liverpool, high noon at the Junction, 20 paces.

Better make that 10 paces, neither one can aim that good.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Better make that 10 paces, neither one can aim that good.

Now that's funny!

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 07:42 PM
Well Liverpool it’s because he’s embarrassed for you and won’t pile on. You are the only person in the world that thinks Joe Dooley took the Fla Gulf Coast job over State

Whatever, my source has never been wrong on anything to do with MSU basketball. I put more stock in what he says than I do you...........;)

Coach34
01-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Whatever, my source has never been wrong on anything to do with MSU basketball. I put more stock in what he says than I do you...........;)

Well, you've made sure we all know your source has been wrong once. You made sure to show us.

Kermit Jr says he wasnt offered the State job and would have crawled to Sville to take it
Joe Dooley didnt pick Fla Gulf Coast over Mississippi State

Those are 2 facts that cant be denied

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 09:21 PM
Well, you've made sure we all know your source has been wrong once. You made sure to show us.

Kermit Jr says he wasnt offered the State job and would have crawled to Sville to take it
Joe Dooley didnt pick Fla Gulf Coast over Mississippi State

Those are 2 facts that cant be denied

Yeah....funny how you believe what coaches say when it fits your arguement, and don't when it doesn't. I know you believe what you are saying. I believe what my guy says.

Coach34
01-25-2018, 10:10 PM
Yeah....funny how you believe what coaches say when it fits your arguement, and don't when it doesn't. I know you believe what you are saying. I believe what my guy says.

depends if the coach is talking to a newspaper or his childhood friend he grew up next door to. Big difference. Most people dont know John Bond grew in Sville and lived next door to Coach Davis. Thats why we ended up with JB as our QB instead of him going to Georgia or Bama

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 10:14 PM
depends if the coach is talking to a newspaper or his childhood friend he grew up next door to. Big difference. Most people dont know John Bond grew in Sville and lived next door to Coach Davis. Thats why we ended up with JB as our QB instead of him going to Georgia or Bama

Ok, fair enough. I wish I could tell you who my guy is, but I can't. For basketball at MSU, my guy is a MUCH better source. By the wAy, I knew about Bond, I was in school with him.

Coach34
01-25-2018, 10:27 PM
For basketball at MSU, my guy is a MUCH better source.

Your guy isnt a better source than Kermit Davis Jr- that cant even be argued. Jr is indeed the horse's mouth.
You cant convince the dumbest mf'er in the state of Miss Joe Dooley turned down the job at State to go to Fla Gulf Coast. Nobody believes you on that

No need to keep hashing it out. Literally nobody comes to your aid on this subject- and we have 4-5 posters here that know 100% what all went on.

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Your guy isnt a better source than Kermit Davis Jr- that cant even be argued. Jr is indeed the horse's mouth.
You cant convince the dumbest mf'er in the state of Miss Joe Dooley turned down the job at State to go to Fla Gulf Coast. Nobody believes you on that

No need to keep hashing it out. Literally nobody comes to your aid on this subject- and we have 4-5 posters here that know 100% what all went on.

For basketball AT MSU he is. Last time I looked Kermit ain't never been at MSU in any capacity. You can throw your "facts" at me all you want. I belive my guy. I have VERY good reason to.

Coach34
01-25-2018, 10:49 PM
For basketball AT MSU he is. Last time I looked Kermit ain't never been at MSU in any capacity. You can throw your "facts" at me all you want. I belive my guy. I have VERY good reason to.

Defend it to the end no matter how dumb it is. Good job

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 10:52 PM
Defend it to the end no matter how dumb it is. Good job

You have no idea. It's why I always laugh at your stuff in this.

Coach34
01-25-2018, 10:56 PM
You have no idea. It's why I always laugh at your stuff in this.

You support your imaginary friend Liverpool!!!! He is awesome!!!!!

Liverpooldawg
01-25-2018, 11:00 PM
You support your imaginary friend Liverpool!!!! He is awesome!!!!!

Yeah, his money is imaginary. I'll let you have the last word. I don't believe you on this, and never will, unless my guy changes his story. It's been consistent since BEFORE we fired Stans. I'll give you credit, at least you aren't like 61. A firing is a firing no matter how it is done.

Dawg61
01-26-2018, 01:03 AM
I'll give you credit, at least you aren't like 61. A firing is a firing no matter how it is done.

Yet all Stansbury has to do is get new assistants and he's not fired.

Homedawg
01-26-2018, 01:09 AM

This is just false.... wrong wrong wrong

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2018, 02:10 AM

You are standing on a technicality. If that?s what you need, then by all means do so .

Todd4State
01-26-2018, 03:37 AM

Does this source also that think we can't do better than Dan Mullen because we screwed up with Allyn McKeen in the 1940's and no one will take our job if he leaves? Then we go out and hire one of the best OC's in the game less than a week after Dan leaves and on paper upgrade our staff. LOL.

Sounds to me like your source is some major Stansbury croony. MSU is really bad about that with coaches that have had even some modicum of success- whether it's Polk, Stansbury, or whoever. They'll actually spread lies and try to burn the program down to try to prove some point to those greedy fans that like to win and don't understand poor ol' Mittittippi State's place in the world. It's sad that we have boosters and fans that would rather "be right" than support the program and watch us succeed with someone other than their "boy".

Todd4State
01-26-2018, 03:42 AM

Sounds to me like Sricklin tried to pull at Cutcliffe by demanding that he change assistants and expecting Stansbury to say "hell no I'm resigning" and it didn't work out the way Stricklin expected. That would explain in part why he never demanded that Dan fire his country club boys.

I mean, if you're going to fire someone- just fire them. Like Byrne did to Croom. Don't play games with them and hope that they read between the lines and leave on their own.

shannondawg
01-26-2018, 09:31 AM
There's Liverpools story, 34's story and I got one from the horses mouth which I ain't telling.

biggun
01-26-2018, 09:41 AM

The perception around the country was that our program was filthy dirty. No doubt about that.

MadDawg
01-26-2018, 10:22 AM
The perception around the country was that our program was filthy dirty. No doubt about that.

Nah, there's plenty of doubt about that. Plenty.

MadDawg
01-26-2018, 10:23 AM
It's sad that we have boosters and fans that would rather "be right" than support the program and watch us succeed with someone other than their "boy".

You are right about that for sure. Not sure if it only applies to those you want it to, though.

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Does this source also that think we can't do better than Dan Mullen because we screwed up with Allyn McKeen in the 1940's and no one will take our job if he leaves? Then we go out and hire one of the best OC's in the game less than a week after Dan leaves and on paper upgrade our staff. LOL.

Sounds to me like your source is some major Stansbury croony. MSU is really bad about that with coaches that have had even some modicum of success- whether it's Polk, Stansbury, or whoever. They'll actually spread lies and try to burn the program down to try to prove some point to those greedy fans that like to win and don't understand poor ol' Mittittippi State's place in the world. It's sad that we have boosters and fans that would rather "be right" than support the program and watch us succeed with someone other than their "boy".

Not that I know of. He didn’t quit being involved when Rick left, far from it. I never said we couldn’t do better than Dan Mullen. I just didn’t want to run him off if he was winning. That’s what we did with McKeen and we have yet to get back to where he had us on the field. Same for Stans. If they were losing that would have been different entirely. When you have a coach that is perceived outside of MSU as winning more than MSU should, running them off is very, very risky. We aren’t Alabam football or Kentucky basketball, yet. ;)

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2018, 10:50 AM
You are right about that for sure. Not sure if it only applies to those you want it to, though.

Exactly.

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2018, 10:53 AM

Not really. MSU and Bama fans were the only ones who seemed to bring that up much. We were investigated by the NCAA at least once during Stans time, it may have been twice. They never found anything. It doesn’t fit the narrative of some, but we weren’t a dirty program then.

Tbonewannabe
01-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Not really. MSU and Bama fans were the only ones who seemed to bring that up much. We were investigated by the NCAA at least once during Stans time, it may have been twice. They never found anything. It doesn’t fit the narrative of some, but we weren’t any dirtier than every other program then.

fify. I hate college basketball recruiting. I wish the FBI would really fix it.

Tbonewannabe
01-26-2018, 11:05 AM
I have zero sources but the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I think we should have given Stans another year so we would have either had a bad year or he would have turned it around. Either way, we should have never hired Rick Ray. I personally liked RR but he wasn't head coaching material. He got the players to play hard and that was about it. When we were good under Stans, he just was able to recruit well and get them to play good defense and rebound. You can make up for some bad shooting nights if you do those two things.

Stans was similar to Mullen in that he got us to be consistent in a lot of things. Getting good athletes and have them rebound and defend will give you a chance against most teams. Just like Mullen though, it typically made us not successful against those very good to great teams. Stans wasn't strong enough at Xs and Os and when he finally got an assistant who was, he only kept him for a year. Although it was a great year when we went undefeated on the road.

shannondawg
01-26-2018, 12:07 PM
Wheels really didn't come off until Sidney, and Stans big fault he actually thought that the next game, he would live up to his potential. It just poisoned the whole team. But don't forget we made the NIT his last year.

It amazing that Stans can still dominate threads on this board after 6 years, maybe when Howland becomes successful , he will drop out of conversation, much as the bear with Saban's success.

tcdog70
01-26-2018, 12:18 PM

if Stans would have had to get new assistants , he knew that was a recipe to be fired next year. Why fire Grant-and Phil? Did Scott think they were the problem. If Scott had left Rick alone we would have continued to win at least 20 a year and basketball would have still been fun.

Dawg61
01-26-2018, 03:06 PM
if Stans would have had to get new assistants , he knew that was a recipe to be fired next year. Why fire Grant-and Phil? Did Scott think they were the problem. If Scott had left Rick alone we would have continued to win at least 20 a year and basketball would have still been fun.

If you can remember our fanbase was very frustrated with the STANDsbury Stall the last 8 minutes of every game and his inability to draw up a half-court offense so yes the fanbase wanted an assistant that was good at X's and O's because Rick was shit at it. If Stansbury fires Phil and brings in a good offensive assistant then everyone is fine with Stansbury getting another year maybe even two to get us back in the NCAA tourney. Stansbury didn't want to do it and really I think he thought he was above Stricklin telling him what to do after being here for 14 years and I now agree with him after Stricklin fired him, hired Ray and then ditched us for Florida. (blessing in disguise though as we got Cohen as AD who is looking like one of the best in the country right now).

sonofozarka
01-26-2018, 03:16 PM
If you can remember our fanbase was very frustrated with the STANDsbury Stall the last 8 minutes of every game and his inability to draw up a half-court offense so yes the fanbase wanted an assistant that was good at X's and O's because Rick was shit at it. If Stansbury fires Phil and brings in a good offensive assistant then everyone is fine with Stansbury getting another year maybe even two to get us back in the NCAA tourney. Stansbury didn't want to do it and really I think he thought he was above Stricklin telling him what to do after being here for 14 years and I now agree with him after Stricklin fired him, hired Ray and then ditched us for Florida. (blessing in disguise though as we got Cohen as AD who is looking like one of the best in the country right now).

Ah, I remember the Stansbury stall. Didn't it usually come after we were consistently up 10+ with 4 minutes to go?

Yeah that was horrible

Dawg61
01-26-2018, 03:31 PM
Ah, I remember the Stansbury stall. Didn't it usually come after we were consistently up 10+ with 4 minutes to go?

Yeah that was horrible

14 seasons was enough time to never make a Sweet 16. Nobody wanted Ray. We wanted a Ben Howland type hired after Stansbury. We have one now so be ****ing patient. Howland will surpass Stansbury's achievements here at MSU if he's given 14 seasons like Stansbury got. Some of y'all are going to look really ****ing stupid for giving Howland zero time/patience.

MadDawg
01-26-2018, 04:45 PM
14 seasons was enough time to never make a Sweet 16. Nobody wanted Ray. We wanted a Ben Howland type hired after Stansbury. We have one now so be ****ing patient. Howland will surpass Stansbury's achievements here at MSU if he's given 14 seasons like Stansbury got. Some of y'all are going to look really ****ing stupid for giving Howland zero time/patience.

Hey, I'm all about giving Howland time. I absolutely loved the Howland hire. But I'd be lying if I wasn't just a little disappointed at this point. Everyone was pointing to year three, because that's when Howland has turned the corner everywhere else he has been. But it just hasn't seemed to happen yet, and there's little time left this season for it to happen. I'm just tired of being disappointed. College basketball used to be so much fun to follow.

Dawg61
01-26-2018, 07:02 PM
Hey, I'm all about giving Howland time. I absolutely loved the Howland hire. But I'd be lying if I wasn't just a little disappointed at this point. Everyone was pointing to year three, because that's when Howland has turned the corner everywhere else he has been. But it just hasn't seemed to happen yet, and there's little time left this season for it to happen. I'm just tired of being disappointed. College basketball used to be so much fun to follow.

Howland has signed 6 top 60 players since taking over at State. Ray signed zero and you have to count all the way back to 2005 to get Stansbury to beat that 6 total counting all the signees he had from 2005-2012. So Howland has 6 in 3 years while it took Stansbury his last 8 seasons combined to top that. Again give Howland some time/patience and you'll be very happy with the hire. We are in NIT consideration right now which is exactly where Stansbury left us. We finish off Auburn and Ole Miss we are in NCAA talk which is where you guys are so impatiently expecting us to be right now because he did it at UCLA and Pitt. Newsflash the SEC is better this year top to bottom than it has been at anytime Stansbury was here. So you guys are expecting Howland to be better than Stansbury's last team after 14 seasons of being here in only his 3rd season in a much much deeper and tougher league than Stansbury ever had to face. You are being unfair and unrealistic all the while not going to the games and not supporting the team. Only being negative whiny bitches (not saying you specifically MadDawg).

shannondawg
01-27-2018, 11:57 AM
Howland came in with a pedigree, Stans started from scratch and without the blessings of the ad at the time. Anything he got for the program, he got on his own fund raising. You can thank him for the Mize Center, totally his fund raising.

RougeDawg
01-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Wheels really didn't come off until Sidney, and Stans big fault he actually thought that the next game, he would live up to his potential. It just poisoned the whole team. But don't forget we made the NIT his last year.

It amazing that Stans can still dominate threads on this board after 6 years, maybe when Howland becomes successful , he will drop out of conversation, much as the bear with Saban's success.

It?s only been 6 years since stans was taking us to the post season? Seems like 16.

basedog
01-27-2018, 12:05 PM
I think shannondawg you should at least "sacrifice a goat" to get Howland's program going. I mean what you did for Stans was great***

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Howland came in with a pedigree, Stans started from scratch and without the blessings of the ad at the time. Anything he got for the program, he got on his own fund raising. You can thank him for the Mize Center, totally his fund raising.

Yep

Dawg61
01-27-2018, 02:00 PM

Stansbury didn't have to face 2,000 butthurt Stansbury lovers intentionally sabotaging the program like Ray and Howland have to. Maybe Howland should invite all the Stansbury clan over for tea and cookies once a week so they can feel important again.

Coach34
01-27-2018, 02:30 PM
Stansbury didn't have to face 2,000 butthurt Stansbury lovers intentionally sabotaging the program like Ray and Howland have to. Maybe Howland should invite all the Stansbury clan over for tea and cookies once a week so they can feel important again.

The StandsCult only opposed Ray. They have been more accepting of Howland, but they still draw those claws if their leader isnt given his due as the greatest coach to ever walk the sideline.

Dawg61
01-27-2018, 02:57 PM
The StandsCult only opposed Ray. They have been more accepting of Howland, but they still draw those claws if their leader isnt given his due as the greatest coach to ever walk the sideline.

There's a bunch of them still. Just look at all the empty seats every game. Look at all the snide remarks in every thread. Howland isn't getting a fair shake from our Stansbury fans. Like I've said many times before eliminate all season tickets and make every seat general admission till the butthurt clan can be rooted out. It's rotting the Hump and our program.

shannondawg
01-27-2018, 03:38 PM

They might not have liked Stans leaving, but don't blame them for the shitty attendance, the crap on the floor did that,. I did go from 6 floor seats to two, but that was because nobody wanted to come see rick ball.

Not one person I have seen or heard that didn't like Howland's hire, but is it the Stans lovers that are not coming to the games?

shannondawg
01-27-2018, 03:44 PM
They might not have liked Stans leaving, but don't blame them for the shitty attendance, the crap on the floor did that,. I did go from 6 floor seats to two, but that was because nobody wanted to come see rick ball.

Do you actually think the folks that liked Stans are staying away now because of him leaving? Thats about 7000 a game that are staying home,

Not one person I have seen or heard that didn't like Howland's hire, but is it the Stans lovers that are not coming to the games?

General admission???? Thank goodness you not in the athletic dept.

Dawg61
01-27-2018, 03:48 PM

Does the Stansbury Clan support Howland like they did Stansbury? Till that answer is yes we will continue to have a major problem for our basketball program.

Dawg61
01-27-2018, 03:50 PM
General admission???? Thank goodness you not in the athletic dept.

First come first serve till it consistently sells out. Then it'll be seasonal season tickets were you have to claim your seat every game. Tennessee does this exact thing. They never have issues filling their lower half. MSU is stuck in 2004 though.

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 03:56 PM
Not that I know of. He didn?t quit being involved when Rick left, far from it. I never said we couldn?t do better than Dan Mullen. I just didn?t want to run him off if he was winning. That?s what we did with McKeen and we have yet to get back to where he had us on the field. Same for Stans. If they were losing that would have been different entirely. When you have a coach that is perceived outside of MSU as winning more than MSU should, running them off is very, very risky. We aren?t Alabam football or Kentucky basketball, yet. ;)

That's not entirely true about McKeen- we fired him after his worst season at MSU where he went 4-4-1 and after he had lost to Ole Miss a couple of times in a row.

Running off a coach that is "perceived outside of MSU as winning more than they should" is only risky to the agenda filled media. Coaches do not give a shit about what the media thinks or says about a job. In fact the only place I ever heard people say that MSU couldn't do better was from MSU fans on message boards. If we had told Dan to go kick some rocks in Maryland after 2015 I suspect we would have still been able to hire someone as well thought of as Moorhead.

The problem with MSU consistently in football is that we hold on to coaches waaaayyyy too long. You could even say that with Dan to an extent. The risk is much higher and much worse keeping a coach too long because a good portion of the fans have a negative view of the program and it is more difficult to rebuild with the same coach- a process that usually doesn't start until the old coach leaves.

shannondawg
01-27-2018, 04:02 PM
First come first serve till it consistently sells out. Then it'll be seasonal season tickets were you have to claim your seat every game. Tennessee does this exact thing. They never have issues filling their lower half. MSU is stuck in 2004 though.

You can just about sit where you want now.

MCsMGs
01-27-2018, 04:16 PM

We have been doing something pretty similar to this all year...at the 5-10minute mark any empty seat is fair game. I have lower level season tickets and I have been able to improve my seats every game. Anyone that walks up and buys a ticket has the same opportunity. This hasn't been a turn your head deal...they make an announcement every game inviting people to sit in any empty seat in lower level. Can't ask for a better, easier arrangement than that.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 04:17 PM

Nobody has been sabotaging anything, and Stans had a larger pack after his hide the last 3-4 years. That's just hogwash.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 04:18 PM
That's not entirely true about McKeen- we fired him after his worst season at MSU where he went 4-4-1 and after he had lost to Ole Miss a couple of times in a row.

Running off a coach that is "perceived outside of MSU as winning more than they should" is only risky to the agenda filled media. Coaches do not give a shit about what the media thinks or says about a job. In fact the only place I ever heard people say that MSU couldn't do better was from MSU fans on message boards. If we had told Dan to go kick some rocks in Maryland after 2015 I suspect we would have still been able to hire someone as well thought of as Moorhead.

The problem with MSU consistently in football is that we hold on to coaches waaaayyyy too long. You could even say that with Dan to an extent. The risk is much higher and much worse keeping a coach too long because a good portion of the fans have a negative view of the program and it is more difficult to rebuild with the same coach- a process that usually doesn't start until the old coach leaves.

Coaches have perceptions too Todd. Tell me about what MCKeen had done in the 3-4 years prior to that season.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 04:20 PM
We have been doing something pretty similar to this all year...at the 5-10minute mark any empty seat is fair game. I have lower level season tickets and I have been able to improve my seats every game. Anyone that walks up and buys a ticket has the same opportunity. This hasn't been a turn your head deal...they make an announcement every game inviting people to sit in any empty seat in lower level. Can't ask for a better, easier arrangement than that.

Yep, even I knew that. I guess 61 didn't.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Does the Stansbury Clan support Howland like they did Stansbury? Till that answer is yes we will continue to have a major problem for our basketball program.

There is no Stansbury clan anymore man. He has been gone 6 years now. I don't won't him back and would be upset if we tried it.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 04:25 PM

Yep. People aren't coming because the product we have on the floor right now is painful to watch. It's no fun at all.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 04:34 PM

I'm one of Stans biggest defenders here, but I have NEVER claimed he was anywhere close to the best coach ever. I've never heard anyone say that. I actually think he was an average floor coach, a slightly above average recruiter, and a pretty good motivator. His biggest failing, and it is what did him in, was discipline. Everybody always points at Sid, but he wasn't the only poison in
Stan's last years, he wasn't even the worst one. Stans biggest mistake was taking a bunch of "talented" guys with character issues. He couldn't handle the issues. We just needed to have given him one more year, and then if that year was a disaster, and I will always believe it would have been, then fire him. There wuld have been no problems with perception then, internal or external.

Dawg61
01-27-2018, 05:45 PM
Yep, even I knew that. I guess 61 didn't.

I'm aware of it and I'm saying get rid of waiting 5-10 minutes before letting people sit anywhere they want. Buy a ticket sit wherever you like before tip.

Todd4State
01-27-2018, 06:38 PM
Coaches have perceptions too Todd. Tell me about what MCKeen had done in the 3-4 years prior to that season.

Decline. 6-3, 8-2, and 7-3. But each year his SEC record was no better than 5th and he was essentially at .500 in SEC play during that span. Sort of like your boy Dan- he beat up on OOC foes and didn't win the big SEC games.

This after going 10-0-1 and 9-1 with a SEC Championship.

The thing is there is perception and there is REALITY. The reality is we just hired one of the best offensive minds in the game and we are being praised for it while at the same time it is maybe starting to look like we are upping our game in recruiting which will make us a better program than we ever were under Dan and it doesn't appear as of now as if we have any sacred cows on the staff. If we do, most of them have been praised as being very bright coaches- like the new QB coach, Getsy, and Huff.

On top of that the reality is we turned down a coach in Jeremy Pruitt who wanted our job more badly than SEC blueblood Tennessee.

The other reality is coaches don't give a shit about what a school did to a coach 70 years ago.

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Decline. 6-3, 8-2, and 7-3. But each year his SEC record was no better than 5th and he was essentially at .500 in SEC play during that span. Sort of like your boy Dan- he beat up on OOC foes and didn't win the big SEC games.

This after going 10-0-1 and 9-1 with a SEC Championship.

The thing is there is perception and there is REALITY. The reality is we just hired one of the best offensive minds in the game and we are being praised for it while at the same time it is maybe starting to look like we are upping our game in recruiting which will make us a better program than we ever were under Dan and it doesn't appear as of now as if we have any sacred cows on the staff. If we do, most of them have been praised as being very bright coaches- like the new QB coach, Getsy, and Huff.

On top of that the reality is we turned down a coach in Jeremy Pruitt who wanted our job more badly than SEC blueblood Tennessee.

The other reality is coaches don't give a shit about what a school did to a coach 70 years ago.

And how did we do in the decades after him Todd?? Reality is I?m as excited about Moorhead as you are. The fact is he ain?t done it in the SEC yet.