PDA

View Full Version : By this time next year

msugolf
01-23-2018, 11:13 PM
You?ll all start to realize why Howland was forced out at UCLA and hopefully we?ll soon be in the market for someone who actually wants to coach. He plays the most non entertaining style of basketball ever. No fire, no leadership and to top it off, not winning. He?s the anti Vic.

civildawg
01-23-2018, 11:16 PM
If you would have told me 4 years ago we would fire howland because he sucked I would have called you crazy. I agree with you now though

mparkerfd20
01-23-2018, 11:22 PM
Next year? Hell a lot of us here have already realized it.

BayouDawg
01-23-2018, 11:25 PM
I?m afraid this is accurate. That sucks because I want Howland and this team to succeed. Oh well, we?ll see I guess.

Goldendawg
01-23-2018, 11:25 PM
He must tell most of our players that they are a young Russell Westbrook, just keep shooting 3's.

confucius say
01-23-2018, 11:31 PM
Y?all are going to look foolish this time next year. It?s starting to click.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2018, 11:34 PM
I?m gonna let the year play out first but it just doesn?t look like we are improving. Hard to watch. Maybe we?ll turn it around soon.

msstate7
01-23-2018, 11:36 PM
I?m gonna let the year play out first but it just doesn?t look like we are improving. Hard to watch. Maybe we?ll turn it around soon.

I think we are getting better, but we are awful to watch.

confucius say

We are absolutely proving. The second half of the Bama game and first hall of ky was best 40 minutes in 5 years. If we shoot jusy 30% from three, which is still not good, we win tonight.

msugolf

Click for who? Are Ado and Holman suddenly going to lose their dusty muffins down low? Are we bringing in anyone that likes to battle down low? Are we bringing in a game changing shooter that can take over a game or get you a must have bucket when you need it?

confucius say
01-23-2018, 11:37 PM
I think we are getting better, but we are awful to watch.

Our last 60 minutes have been great to watch. We are running sets, getting open looks. If we can manage to even be half way decent shooters we are going to be fine.

confucius say
01-23-2018, 11:40 PM
Click for who? Are Ado and Holman suddenly going to lose their dusty muffins down low? Are we bringing in anyone that likes to battle down low? Are we bringing in a game changing shooter that can take over a game or get you a must have bucket when you need it?

Ado is the best freshman big we?ve had in a decade. He is a freshman. Think about that. Y?all are expecting him to be Lawrence Roberts. Ado and Holman will be one of the best post combos in the league next year.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2018, 11:42 PM

I honestly hope you?re right. The problem I see is we look great for awhile and then every game we go 5-10 minutes looking totally inept. We are such an enigma right now.

Dawgcap
01-23-2018, 11:42 PM

So what were your expectations tonight?

BuckyIsAB****
01-23-2018, 11:43 PM
He must tell most of our players that they are a young Russell Westbrook, just keep shooting 3's.

To compare anyone on our team to the defending MVP and 2nd player in history to average a triple double is insulting.

Westbrook plays with 10x more intensity and passion than anyone on our team thinks about playing with. You trippin

msstate7
01-23-2018, 11:45 PM

Not golf, but I expect us to stop shooting 3s at such a high clip when we obviously cannot shoot. I expect us to not put in the up 30/down 30 lineup with a lead at the 12 min mark.

Goldendawg
To compare anyone on our team to the defending MVP and 2nd player in history to average a triple double is insulting.

Westbrook plays with 10x more intensity and passion than anyone on our team thinks about playing with. You trippin

Sorry, I left off the **** at the end of the sentence. Was pure sarcasm, no offense toward a great player like Westbrook.

confucius say
I honestly hope you?re right. The problem I see is we look great for awhile and then every game we go 5-10 minutes looking totally inept. We are such an enigma right now.

Yep. Like a young team without a true leader. Peters is your best bet. But he has to totally buy in on and off the court. Decision making in life will reflect decision making on the court. He?s close.

msugolf
01-23-2018, 11:46 PM
Ado is the best freshman big we?ve had in a decade. He is a freshman. Think about that. Y?all are expecting him to be Lawrence Roberts. Ado and Holman will be one of the best post combos in the league next year.

Ummm ...no! Ado will never be a force down low. He?s an average center and that?s about it.

Commercecomet24
Not golf, but I expect us to stop shooting 3s at such a high clip when we obviously cannot shoot. I expect us to not put in the up 30/down 30 lineup with a lead at the 12 min mark.

Right on!

BuckyIsAB****
Sorry, I left off the **** at the end of the sentence. Was pure sarcasm, no offense toward a great player like Westbrook.

All is forgiven. Go my son spread the word of the GoatBrook

Goldendawg
01-23-2018, 11:47 PM

We are running the 1A/1B substitution pattern we tried in football a few seasons ago, didn't work there either.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2018, 11:47 PM
Yep. Like a young team without a true leader. Peters is your best bet. But he has to totally buy in on and off the court. Decision making in life will reflect decision making on the court. He?s close.

Once again I really hope you?re right. I want Howland and this team to succeed but we got work to do.

msugolf
01-23-2018, 11:53 PM

I expect a well coached team that shows fire, has a plan, actually coaches his team and puts them in the best position to win by his own actions and decision making. But we haven?t had those things for quite a while. Win or lose outcome is irrelevant.

Dawgcap
01-24-2018, 12:00 AM

Totally agree with what you say! We haven?t bal screened all year!! Ha Unlike other teams, our guys have to play hard up till the 10 minute mark to keep us in a game. Then they are gassed so we sub for 5 minutes and the better team takes advantage. We ar weak in the post, no movement on offense and then we pray for the 3. The one constant I love is when we play hard d we are freaking awesome.

confucius say
01-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Ummm ...no! Ado will never be a force down low. He?s an average center and that?s about it.

Offensively? True, he will be average to little above average. Defensively? He will be top 3 in the league.

Bottom line is we will make tourney next year if we keep improving at same rate.

Dawgcap
01-24-2018, 12:07 AM
I expect a well coached team that shows fire, has a plan, actually coaches his team and puts them in the best position to win by his own actions and decision making. But we haven?t had those things for quite a while. Win or lose outcome is irrelevant.

I honestly think that team tonight fought and believed in our game plan. Trust me I’m no Howland fan, especially with our O but the guys played hard, missed open shots, got no breaks with the calls and ended up getting beat cause they have th extra players to make a difference. We caught UK at the worst possible time and to me I was proud of them more tonight than any game this year. We have 2 guy maybe 3 that make there rotation.

parabrave
01-24-2018, 10:54 AM
Hopefully next year both Ado and Holman have put on 10-20 LBS of muscle and someone teaches them how to use that extra build.

RougeDawg
01-24-2018, 01:40 PM

Ado is a freshman with 18 month old strength in his hands. He had 3 gimme dunks last night and was blocked from behind on some weak attempts for the UK defender. He?s soft like most of our team and HC.

yjnkdawg
01-24-2018, 02:30 PM
You?ll all start to realize why Howland was forced out at UCLA and hopefully we?ll soon be in the market for someone who actually wants to coach. He plays the most non entertaining style of basketball ever. No fire, no leadership and to top it off, not winning. He?s the anti Vic.

If you actually think that we can fire Howland and then hire a better coach, then I might have some ocean front property in Colorado for sale. This team does not have that player leader that they need. A coach can not do that. That comes from within those players on the team. It seems like sometimes that a few players want to get away from the game plan, and do their own thing. Like taking contested 3 pointers. We looked a lot better with Peters starting, and if he continues to be more of a team player, distribute the ball, drive to the bucket and look for his outside shot then we should be OK. It just seems like there is still a little lack in team chemistry, but they do look like they are improving. Let's see how the season plays out before another the Sky is Falling episode.

confucius say
01-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Ado is a freshman with 18 minthnol strength in his hands. He had 3 gimme dunks last night and was blocked from behind on some weak attempts for the UK defender. He?s soft like most of our team and HC.

Said same thing about varnado, Rhodes, Austin, etc... when they were freshmen. Ado is ahead of all those guys as freshmen with his presence, defense, and rebounding. The question is, is there anybody on staff to develop him like Kirby did our bigs.

Y?all expected him to be Lawrence Roberts as a jr. Thats on y?all.

yjnkdawg
01-24-2018, 02:37 PM

I think some of our players want to shoot the 3's as they think they are better 3 pt shooters than they actually are. I don't think Howland wants all those 3's taken.

yjnkdawg
01-24-2018, 02:48 PM
Ado is a freshman with 18 minthnol strength in his hands. He had 3 gimme dunks last night and was blocked from behind on some weak attempts for the UK defender. He?s soft like most of our team and HC.

I saw Eric Dampier play, when he was a tall skinny looking kid for his height (didn't have the muscle or the weight he put on later), his freshman season at MSU, and he turned into a MAN. Not saying that Ado will be another Eric Dampier, but you just never know.

yjnkdawg
01-24-2018, 03:00 PM
Said same thing about varnado, Rhodes, Austin, etc... when they were freshmen. Ado is ahead of all those guys as freshmen with his presence, defense, and rebounding. The question is, is there anybody on staff to develop him like Kirby did our bigs.

Y?all expected him to be Lawrence Roberts as a jr. Thats on y?all.

You can add Eric Dampier. He was skinny for his height as a freshman at MSU, but man did he put on some muscle and weight, and become an elite college player. He was the 10th overall pick in the NBA draft.

LC Dawg
01-24-2018, 05:09 PM
I think some of you are going to be surprised by our team over the next couple of weeks. We are improving and I think it will show up in our next few games and even into the end of the season. I believe we'll end up with 20 wins and a win or two in the SEC tournament and make the NIT.

Ari Gold
01-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Shaka Smart... 42-40 ( in his third year)
Bruce Pearl ... 44-54 ( after 3 years)
Frank Martin ... 45-54 ( after 3 years)
Tony Bennett ... 53-41 ( after 3 years ) his last year with Washington St he was 17-16

And just for the hell of it who I think is top 4 coach today Jay Wright ... 52-46 after 3 years at Villanova.

CBH is 44-39..

Hope this shows how ****ing ridiculous some of you are . Maybe Howland gets it done here, maybe he doesn’t .
But it hasn’t even been 3 ****ing years yet... and he was handed the keys to a piece of shit program, worse than any of these coaches when they took over.

drummerdawg
01-24-2018, 05:48 PM
Stick with golf as your sport.

yjnkdawg
01-24-2018, 07:34 PM

Enters Bill Walton who wanted to call the shots on the UCLA basketball program, but he couldn't when Howland was coach. So Walton publicly campaigned against Howland, and even used ESPN and other sources to do so.

MCsMGs
01-24-2018, 08:23 PM
Shaka Smart... 42-40 ( in his third year)
Bruce Pearl ... 44-54 ( after 3 years)
Frank Martin ... 45-54 ( after 3 years)
Tony Bennett ... 53-41 ( after 3 years ) his last year with Washington St he was 17-16

And just for the hell of it who I think is top 4 coach today Jay Wright ... 52-46 after 3 years at Villanova.

CBH is 44-39..

Hope this shows how ****ing ridiculous some of you are . Maybe Howland gets it done here, maybe he doesn’t .
But it hasn’t even been 3 ****ing years yet... and he was handed the keys to a piece of shit program, worse than any of these coaches when they took over.

Now don't go throwing facts into this...

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 10:02 AM

Bump.. I made a little mental note of this gem..
stick to golf...

Thick
02-25-2018, 10:13 AM
Nice Ari!!

DogsofAnarchy
02-25-2018, 10:18 AM
stick to golf...

Ari....this is just another example of our fans in some cases and our opposition in most cases, spreading discontent to hold our programs down. This is the main cause of the misconception by the media about MSU sports. Until we stop this shit on social media, we will not change the perception of our sports programs.

Bully13
02-25-2018, 10:29 AM
bump for obvious reasons. even though I'm not totally innocent of dumbassedry when things were not going well early on.

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 10:49 AM
bump for obvious reasons. even though I'm not totally innocent of dumbassedry when things were not going well early on.

There is a difference between dumbassedry and full blown ****ing nonsense.

viverlibre
02-25-2018, 11:05 AM
We do have the dumbest fanbase.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-25-2018, 11:26 AM
We do have the dumbest fanbase.

eh, go on over to Reddit's college sports subs, and the one thing every fan can agree on is that their team's forums are full of idiots. Or just go look at LSU's boards, or Arkansas (those people seriously though they'd get Gus, and are 100% sold on Chavis). Every board has tons of idiots being way too emotional, and to be honest, I'm not immune to it either

BrunswickDawg
02-25-2018, 11:27 AM
stick to golf...
I?m glad I wasn?t the only one thinking of bumping some of the dumb ass threads from about a month ago. This one should suffice.

confucius say
02-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Well that was extremely gratifying to read personally. One day y?all will learn to listen to what Confucius say.

yjnkdawg
02-25-2018, 11:30 AM
Hopefully your golf game is good, because your basketball IQ is crap. Just another stupid thread to go down in the history of ED. I had mentioned earlier in the thread, that the UCLA situation had a lot to do with Bill Walton. Walton wanted to call the shots and that's where he and Howland differed. Walton wanted Howland gone and he was very vocal about it, including using the tv media in his campaign to out Howland.

shannondawg
02-25-2018, 11:33 AM
Is than thread an early april fools joke?

Jack Lambert
02-25-2018, 11:50 AM

They will not admit to it.

Homedawg
02-25-2018, 12:49 PM

You must spread some rep.....

maroonmania
02-25-2018, 12:58 PM

Well the original post was asinine to start with given that Howland's last season at UCLA they WON the PAC 12. Didn't perform in the NCAA tournament like they wanted but still, what are we supposed to see about why they forced him out when he had the best team in the conference his final year there? I mean how many times have we ever been upset with ANY coach in ANY sport when they win the SEC title?

msugolf
02-25-2018, 02:16 PM
stick to golf...

Nice! Did you also make a little mental note of the post where I owned up to where I was wrong. Or do you just want to stick to being an asshole?

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 02:24 PM
Nice! Did you also make a little mental note of the post where I owned up to where I was wrong. Or do you just want to stick to being an asshole?

Just own it and move on.

msugolf
02-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Just own it and move on.

I believe that?s what I did. I had even taken up for the team in more recent posts but I?m not the one who bumped the thread though and gets other state fans attacking me but whatever. It is what it is. This place has become more about attacking people than state sports anyways.

Dawg61
02-25-2018, 02:40 PM
I believe that?s what I did. I had even taken up for the team in more recent posts but I?m not the one who bumped the thread though and gets other state fans attacking me but whatever. It is what it is. This place has become more about attacking people than state sports anyways.

You've made some good posts and funny ones too. Post long enough on any board and another poster will start shit with something you post at some point. Just means you're not posting boring posts so good on that. Howland and this team deserved getting crapped on when we were 2-5. We all did it including myself.

MarketingBully
02-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Well the original post was asinine to start with given that Howland's last season at UCLA they WON the PAC 12. Didn't perform in the NCAA tournament like they wanted but still, what are we supposed to see about why they forced him out when he had the best team in the conference his final year there? I mean how many times have we ever been upset with ANY coach in ANY sport when they win the SEC title?

Not only that but they lost their best player in the PAC-12 tournament and couldn’t recover in the first round of the tournament. Oh well. Their loss is our gain. Glad to have him as our coach!

confucius say
02-25-2018, 03:04 PM

Actually, I give you props for owning it. Most posters would not.

Gutter Cobreh
02-25-2018, 03:30 PM

Would have been better to bump this thread and own up to it before Ari did...

I doubt he has anything against you, but this board is full of posters that are highly irrational with added tint of amnesia. Not saying you fit that description, but with so many posting their ?expertise? it?s hard to keep up.

Goldendawg
02-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Hopefully next year both Ado and Holman have put on 10-20 LBS of muscle and someone teaches them how to use that extra build.

Don't leave Carter out of this plan also. Hail State!

Ari Gold
02-25-2018, 04:13 PM

Only reason I made mental note was because this wasn?t just a post it was a thread. There dozens of dumb posts everyday but idiotic threads will usually get ya called out.. If you owned it good job.
And I?m sticking with the Ass-Hole ..Ass-Hole..Ass-Hole

basedog
02-25-2018, 04:45 PM
Only reason I made mental note was because this wasn?t just a post it was a thread. There dozens of dumb posts everyday but idiotic threads will usually get ya called out.. If you owned it good job.

+1
Some just need another hobby!

msugolf
02-25-2018, 05:59 PM

Well some of my best friends are assholes so I guess it could be worse.

JDog13
02-25-2018, 08:50 PM

I, myself, always prefer being an asshole.

Coach34
02-25-2018, 09:09 PM
Well some of my best friends are assholes .

join the ****ing club

I seen it dawg
02-25-2018, 09:41 PM
I’ll 2nd that...