PDA

View Full Version : We started Peters and it was the best half of basketball all season

Coach34
01-23-2018, 09:58 PM
Bout time you got on the C34 train Howland. HailState

pilldawg
01-23-2018, 10:05 PM
Bout time you got on the C34 train Howland. HailState

Our defense was lacking.

Coach34
01-23-2018, 10:06 PM
it wasnt because of Peters. Kentucky is ****ing good

msstate7
01-23-2018, 10:07 PM
1st half vs auburn was better

Coach34
01-23-2018, 10:13 PM
1st half vs auburn was better

no way. We have played really well tonight

DogsofAnarchy
01-23-2018, 10:14 PM
it wasnt because of Peters. Kentucky is ****ing good

Out of the top 25 for the first time in about 20 years. We played better several 1st half’s this year. We need to FINISH the damn game!!

msstate7
01-23-2018, 10:20 PM
Delete

Coach34
01-23-2018, 10:40 PM
Out of the top 25 for the first time in about 20 years.

ummm- 1st time out of the top 25 since 2014.

BuckyIsAB****
01-23-2018, 11:12 PM
Kentucky wont win shit in the tourney hate to tell yall

Coach34
01-23-2018, 11:19 PM
Kentucky wont win shit in the tourney hate to tell yall

8 SEC teams are projected into the NCAA Tourney right now. Kentucky has a tougher road than usual. We played better ball tonight than normal

BuckyIsAB****
01-23-2018, 11:22 PM
8 SEC teams are projected into the NCAA Tourney right now. Kentucky has a tougher road than usual. We played better ball tonight than normal

Sad that thats how far we've fallen. An 11 pt loss shooting the same shit 3s over and over, making no adjustments and we played better than normal. Pack the Hump!!

Coach34
01-23-2018, 11:25 PM
Sad that thats how far we've fallen.

It's more about how the conference has risen. When Stands made the NCAA's- the SEC usually only had 4-5 teams make it

BuckyIsAB****
01-23-2018, 11:29 PM
It's more about how the conference has risen. When Stands made the NCAA's- the SEC usually only had 4-5 teams make it

But but but.

Exactly as I said, excuses. Im just burnt out with the whole program. Torch the barn and kill the rats. Get a guy whos piss is hot and not a guy who is still in shellshock from getting ran off at UCLA

Cooterpoot
01-23-2018, 11:29 PM
Our program is a joke. That’s all that matters.

confucius say
01-23-2018, 11:34 PM
It?s starting to click. We keep improving our style of play at this rate and we will get there. Peters is the catalyst. He is playing so much better. Decision making is much better.

Cooterpoot
01-23-2018, 11:36 PM
Nah. Same one half team we’ve been all year. And it’s a down year for KY too.

Goldendawg
01-23-2018, 11:38 PM
It?s starting to click. We keep improving our style of play at this rate and we will get there. Peters is the catalyst. He is playing so much better. Decision making is much better.

Yeah, just keep feeding Carter to shot 3's. He'll shoot his way out of this slump.***

confucius say
01-23-2018, 11:42 PM
Yeah, just keep feeding Carter to shot 3's. He'll shoot his way out of this slump.***

Carter is a high end sunbelt player. No argument there. I would like to see Eli get more of Carter?s minutes.

confucius say
01-23-2018, 11:43 PM
Nah. Same one half team we’ve been all year. And it’s a down year for KY too.

Ky will be a 5 seed. They are down, but let?s not act like they are some NIT team.

Lord McBuckethead
01-24-2018, 01:53 AM
Carter is a high end sunbelt player. No argument there. I would like to see Eli get more of Carter?s minutes.

Nope. Carter needs the minutes.
Also, can we shoot a three actually squared up to the rim. Looks to me we pass it around and someone takes a jab step fade away from 24 feet instead of penetrate and dish.

State82
01-24-2018, 02:19 AM
but let?s not act like they are some NIT team.

Unfortunately, neither are we.

Coach34
01-24-2018, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately, neither are we.

We will be if we beat Mizzou, Georgia, Bama, @Vandy, OM, and home to SC- that would get us to 20 wins and should get our RPI high enough to get us in. Especially if we could add a Tourney win

Liverpooldawg
01-24-2018, 08:56 AM
I won’t be arguing with you this morning 34, I didn’t watch. It’s not fun anymore. I watched the Predators, they ARE good. They lost too.

MarketingBully
01-24-2018, 11:17 AM
We will be if we beat Mizzou, Georgia, Bama, @Vandy, OM, and home to SC- that would get us to 20 wins and should get our RPI high enough to get us in. Especially if we could add a Tourney win

I agree. With this team, we should be able to make at least 20 wins. Gotta come out Saturday like we did against Vanderbilt. If we share the ball and don’t turn it over which we have shown in games we can do, we will beat all those teams you named plus maybe one or two you didn’t.

MarketingBully
01-24-2018, 11:20 AM
I won’t be arguing with you this morning 34, I didn’t watch. It’s not fun anymore. I watched the Predators, they ARE good. They lost too.

We played pretty well for 34 minutes. What ended up being our downfall though was Holman and Stapleton fouling out. Hard to win on the road when either Ado or Holman foul out.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-24-2018, 11:23 AM
But but but.

Exactly as I said, excuses. Im just burnt out with the whole program. Torch the barn and kill the rats. Get a guy whos piss is hot and not a guy who is still in shellshock from getting ran off at UCLA
We just got done doing this 3 years ago and you?re already ready to do it again. Amazing perspective.

tcdog70
01-24-2018, 11:24 AM
The reason we played well in the first half was because they ran a man defense and Q could not be stopped driving to the rack. Ky made the correct move by going zone and stopping Q from penetrating. Why anyone plays anything but a zone against Us is mind boggling. We have no clue against a zone. Jack a 3 --that is it. Our Bigs are not good on offense. ado has problems getting his shot off. He is 6'10" and is weak. Maybe a ball fake would help Him?

MarketingBully
01-24-2018, 11:38 AM
After looking at some of the stats, we really had no chance and played them close most of the game. You really have to be the aggressor and drive to the basket against Kentucky. We shot 55% from 2 yet went away from it. It wasn’t their zone. It was the fact we stopped trying to get it inside or even stopped looking for soft spots in their zone and taking 10-15 foot shots which we made quite regularly. They shot 30 freethrows to our 10 and I know everyone says it’s because they drove to the basket and were the aggressors but I call bullshit on that. Half of the fouls called were questionable IMO and they weren’t called for similar situations on the other end of the court against Ado, Q, and Nick W on their drives to the basket. Point being, you aren’t beating UK at Rupp when they shoot 20 more freethrows then you do.

MarketingBully
01-24-2018, 11:40 AM
The reason we played well in the first half was because they ran a man defense and Q could not be stopped driving to the rack. Ky made the correct move by going zone and stopping Q from penetrating. Why anyone plays anything but a zone against Us is mind boggling. We have no clue against a zone. Jack a 3 --that is it. Our Bigs are not good on offense. ado has problems getting his shot off. He is 6'10" and is weak. Maybe a ball fake would help Him?

They played zone the whole second half and we penetrated it fine. Foul trouble got us and we panicked down the stretch once they made that final run at the end.

yjnkdawg
01-24-2018, 11:52 AM

THIS --- Seems like our players freak out when they see a zone defense. Then it seems we start playing unorganized basketball.

drunkernhelldawg
01-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Our program is a joke. That?s all that matters.

It's not right to say that. And it's not accurate. So wrong on at least two levels.

confucius say
01-24-2018, 12:15 PM
THIS --- Seems like our players freak out when they see a zone defense. Then it seems we start playing unorganized basketball.

It?s not freak out. It?s lack of patience and maturity. We take the first halfway open 24 footer with which we are presented. We?ve been better last 3 games at this, but still not there.

basedog
01-24-2018, 12:44 PM
Couple of things:

1) Shooting is an art, yes you can improve but you either can or can't and a lot does depend on mechanics. We are not a good shooting team because they just aren't good shooters. From time to time they will be "streaky hot". Being last in 3 point shooting backs this up.

2) It's never about how you start in any sport but how you finish. Yes we are a good or decent 20 to 25 minute team, there are factors involved on why we aren't good or decent for 40 minutes which I will let you guys discuss over and over again.

3) As much as I would like to say it isn't so, the Sec is not nor has been a basketball conference, you take Kentucky out it goes from bad to a suck ass conference. Yes teams can make runs and win a National Championship ever blue moon, but overall it's a football/baseball driven conference. Always will be!

4) Yes for half decade or so we were a championship program with Babe, but only Ky, Vandy, Tn really cared about basketball during that time and only Ky has maintained the domination and always will. Not sure we will ever get to a final four again must less win the Sec, would have to be luck involved big time.

5) Not sure Howland is the answer, but I haven't a clue who could make Msu a good basketball program and say maintain it for even a decade, ain't gonna happen, never has.

tcdog70
01-25-2018, 03:24 PM
They played zone the whole second half and we penetrated it fine. Foul trouble got us and we panicked down the stretch once they made that final run at the end.

Damn I missed the part where we penetrated the zone fine. i saw us just jacking 3s. and if we did penetrate we threw it away or whiffed. that is not fine.

Tbonewannabe
01-25-2018, 05:19 PM
Is Peters out of the doghouse now? We seem to be a lot better team with him running the point. We seem to really miss IJ's leadership on the floor and I am not sure we have anyone that will replace that.

Cooterpoot
01-25-2018, 05:27 PM
It's not right to say that. And it's not accurate. So wrong on at least two levels.

It's fact. Sorry, just how it is.

Johnson85
01-25-2018, 05:33 PM
But but but.

Can't we at least wait until a year where the team doesn't noticeably improve before giving up on Howland?

I mean, I'm disappointed that we're not good, but as long as we get better each year he's here (which we have so far), I think we can afford to give him a fourth and even fifth year, no?