PDA

View Full Version : Feldman Spewing Nonsense

Dallas_Dawg
01-23-2018, 12:34 PM
According to this article, Bruce Feldman says that Ohio State OC Ryan Day ?turned down the head coaching job at Mississippi State.?
I call bullshit. What say you?
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/report-ohio-state-oc-ryan-day-turned-head-coaching-job-mississippi-state

Jack Lambert
01-23-2018, 12:35 PM
I call bull! Coach Joe was a way better candidate. If the truth was know he probably contact Cohen and Cohen passed on him.

Ari Gold
01-23-2018, 12:39 PM
Maybe he got us confused with Mississippi Valley State or something. Seems the norm for national media bags. Espn does it on a regular basis

Irondawg
01-23-2018, 12:48 PM
I call BS - nobody turns down a HC job at a good SEC school or an NFL OC job to be a NCAA OC........at least 99% of people wouldn't unless Meyer is secretly planning on retiring again and has named him the heir

Commercecomet24
01-23-2018, 12:54 PM
It's BS they just pumping up OSU. The media spends the majority of their time pumping the "blue bloods". It's them saying "hey look at this, OSU is such a great school, this guy turned down the NFL and a HC job in the SEC, OSU is awesome".

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Unless Feldman reports on Meat Markets or ole miss, I wouldn't pay attention.

RiverCityDawg
01-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Reading those quotes, everyone uses the word "potentially". As in he turned down an opportunity to "potentially" be a HC in the SEC. Reads to me like he might have turned down an interview. Even if so, big deal.

MetEdDawg
01-23-2018, 02:49 PM
I imagine we reached out to him, but I doubt we offered him the job and he declined. So we probably reached out to him to see if he was interested and he said no. And I'm sure we did reach out to him. It's basically the same style offense we had so I wouldn't be surprised if we reached out to him to see if he was interested.

Tbonewannabe
01-23-2018, 03:06 PM
I imagine we reached out to him, but I doubt we offered him the job and he declined. So we probably reached out to him to see if he was interested and he said no. And I'm sure we did reach out to him. It's basically the same style offense we had so I wouldn't be surprised if we reached out to him to see if he was interested.

This is probably the correct answer. You can't get the job if you decline to even interview. Unless Cohen is even sneakier than the Ninja, no one even mentioned this guy's name as a candidate whereas Coach JoeMo was all over the rumor mill.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2018, 03:07 PM
This is probably the correct answer. You can't get the job if you decline to even interview. Unless Cohen is even sneakier than the Ninja, no one even mentioned this guy's name as a candidate whereas Coach JoeMo was all over the rumor mill.

Exactly.

JDog13
01-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Feldman is OM friendly. He does this stuff a lot.

TrapGame
01-23-2018, 04:11 PM
Feldman is OM friendly. He does this stuff a lot.

Yep, and he'll be the first pos to start putting Joe's name out there as looking around too.

Tbonewannabe
01-23-2018, 04:31 PM
Yep, and he'll be the first pos to start putting Joe's name out there as looking around too.

Might as well get ready because if Joe does as well as we expect then his name will be everywhere they can pimp him for it. I just hope he squashes the rumors unlike our last guy.

DawgPoundtheRock
01-23-2018, 04:45 PM
And even if it was true, so what? Who cares?

bulldogcountry1
01-23-2018, 05:11 PM
Coaches and their agents hold all the cards in these situations. They can can exaggerate the truth about being offered jobs to raise their stock and turn it into raises. They can also just say they turned down a job when they weren't picked to save face. Schools aren't going to bother calling anyone out because it's only going to make them look petty.

yjnkdawg
01-23-2018, 08:28 PM
I say BS.. Isn't one of Feldman's sources, footballscoop?