PDA

View Full Version : For you youngsters who never saw the Dick ?Shafter? Pace...

Liverpooldawg
01-23-2018, 09:43 AM
interference call, here it is. This call was one of THE reasons the college interference rule was changed. I was sitting about 10 rows up right above the play. What you see here was the closest the two players got to each other.

https://youtu.be/DocxZM1lQEg

K9 Avenger
01-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Worst call I've ever seen in 48 years of football fandom.....The NFL needs to change their rule too. PI is way too much of a judgement call for it to be a spot foul...

msstatelp1
01-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Still hate Fourcade

lastmajordog
01-23-2018, 10:33 AM
Game should have NEVER been that close. That loss plus the wind blown kick loss are both on Coach B. Stopping unmolested drives to kick fg’s as opposed to going for the TD. Short kicks, prevent defenses, going conservative on offense (Hmmmmmm). In short putting the game in the hands of weather or refs not cool...........

parabrave
01-23-2018, 10:58 AM
Still hate Fourcade

Kinda wish RF would just threw his shoulder into him after the play.

redstickdawg
01-23-2018, 01:49 PM
saw it live, don't want to relive it.

Goldendawg
01-23-2018, 06:32 PM
saw it live, don't want to relive it.

I was there also. Seeing it live was bad enough. Also seeing Artie Cosby's field goal attempt blown back that stormy day was surreal. One of the best things that ever happened to MSU football was moving the games back to campus instead of going to Jackson Memorial Stadium! I even attended double headers with State in one game and UNM in another game the same day. My favorite teams were State and whoever was playing UNM. Still my favorite two today!

Commercecomet24
01-23-2018, 06:39 PM
I was there as well. Just pathetic by that, turd, dick pace. Oughta be an asterisk by that game.

Coach34
01-23-2018, 06:41 PM
Most blatant example of cheating I've ever seen

wmccgc
01-23-2018, 08:02 PM
How many refs do you remember by name 30 years later, or whatever it is? Dick Pace. That was the most blatant worst call I have ever seen. The student section was down in that corner back then. Happened right in front of us. I can still feel it today - it was THAT bad. Made worse by the fact it was a game-clinching interception, then double worse by having to watch Fourcade prance into the end zone. Surprised Pace made it out alive.

Dawgowar
01-23-2018, 08:08 PM
Worst call I've ever seen in 48 years of football fandom.....The NFL needs to change their rule too. PI is way too much of a judgement call for it to be a spot foul...

Was there. The next insult from the douchebags was when their cheerleaders re-enacted Fourcade’s TD on our court at first UNM-MSU b-ball game. That and the near fights I had after that game taught me to despise those ****ers.