PDA

View Full Version : Who wins a Natty first?

stalkingpoon
01-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Coach Cann or Coach Schaefer? Cann is pulling in some big time talent. Schaefer already has big time talent. Both are tremendous coaches and representatives for our university.

BulldogDX55
01-23-2018, 09:42 AM
Coach Cann or Coach Schaefer? Cann is pulling in some big time talent. Schaefer already has big time talent. Both are tremendous coaches and representatives for our university.

If Schaefer doesn't do it this year, then Cann, but Vic has a really, really good shot to shut this debate down before Cann even gets to take the home field again.

Coach34
01-23-2018, 09:49 AM
Yep. Vic has his shot this March- if he doesnt pull it off- then it will be 2-3 years before he has a chance again. Cann looks to be putting together a team that could challenge in the next couple of years

MadDawg
01-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Vic

LibraryDawg
01-23-2018, 10:41 AM
We just have to hope that Gary Blair stays at aTm until he's 90.

Tbonewannabe
01-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Canny is recruiting in baseball like a madman. We are about to have stacked classes for the next few years. If nothing else, Canny is going to have some talent taking the field. I believe his coaching is up to par with what he did last year with about half of a pitching staff.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Vic... but both coaches have luxury of coaching sports that the majority of NCAA institutions don't give a rip about...

QuadrupleOption
01-23-2018, 01:50 PM
Vic in March, Cann in June.

So Vic, obviously. :cool:

Homedawg
01-23-2018, 02:42 PM
Vic... but both coaches have luxury of coaching sports that the majority of NCAA institutions don't give a rip about...

more teams have a chance to win in baseball than football, so your statement really isnt very well thought out. Now, if you mean fan bases, then that's another thing. But fans don't play. If they did we'd have dozens in baseball already.

Tbonewannabe
01-23-2018, 03:03 PM
more teams have a chance to win in baseball than football, so your statement really isnt very well thought out. Now, if you mean fan bases, then that's another thing. But fans don't play. If they did we'd have dozens in baseball already.

You can look at that list that Coach34 posted the other day and see that pretty much football is a handful of schools every year. There has only been about 2 or 3 times in the last 25 years that a blueblood hasn't won it. Basketball is almost as bad but baseball is probably the most diversified. Women's bball might be the worst since UConn and UT have been so dominant.

msbulldog
01-23-2018, 07:30 PM
We just have to hope that Gary Blair stays at aTm until he's 90.

Nope, the secret is for John Cohen make Vic monetarily secure. We have never had the crowds for Women BB like this before. Tennessee has a money making women's program, because of their draw, we can do the same thing. It just takes winners like Pat Summit, Geno Auriemma and Vic Schaefer !

Coach34
01-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Nope, the secret is for John Cohen make Vic monetarily secure. We have never had the crowds for Women BB like this before. Tennessee has a money making women's program, because of their draw, we can do the same thing. It just takes winners like Pat Summit, Geno Auriemma and Vic Schaefer !

Money is one thing- but it will come down to whether Vic wants to stay with the program he built or coach at his alma mater. A&M can pay more than we can in anything, but it wont be money. It will be what he has built vs alma mater. The longer he is at State tho benefits us

BuckyIsAB****
01-23-2018, 07:54 PM
I'd say both have a chance this time. I wouldnt put anything past our baseball team after what they pulled off last year with a broken pitching staff. I wouldnt count on it but we have an outside chance.

Vic can do it this time and anything less than the elite 8 with this group is a disappointment

somebodyshotmypaw
01-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Baseball doesn't have a Goliath like UConn is in basketball. It's been unreal what they have done over the years. In women's basketball, it's a lot easier to go from 25 to 2, than it is to go from 2 to 1. UConn made the final 4 last year with their worst team in years. But Vic has made us a perennial contender.

Acid mouth
01-23-2018, 08:26 PM
If Schaefer doesn't do it this year, then Cann, but Vic has a really, really good shot to shut this debate down before Cann even gets to take the home field again.

This

Activated Alpha
01-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Until I see Cann get State to Omaha I'm going to with Vic. I've seen him get us to the national stage once, I believe he can do it again.

BiscuitEater
01-23-2018, 09:58 PM
Yep. Vic has his shot this March- if he doesnt pull it off- then it will be 2-3 years before he has a chance again. Cann looks to be putting together a team that could challenge in the next couple of years

BS. That?s same crap some posted after last years finale four. But, this years team is even better. We lose a lot but T returns + good nucleus + dynamic signees. Vic developes players and will reload around a dominant player in T!

Coach34
01-23-2018, 10:01 PM
BS. That?s same crap some posted after last years finale four. But, this years team is even better. !

not on this site- everybody knew we would be damn good again. Go back to Sixpack.

Bullsy
01-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Howland***