bully99
10-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Great Writer

Dawg61
10-02-2013, 12:44 PM
This sucks

BulldogDX55
10-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Without a government to make conspiracies about, his heart just gave out.

Bo Darville
10-02-2013, 03:13 PM
I really enjoyed Clancy's stuff. Vince Flynn (wrote the series featuring Mitch Rapp) died less than a year ago.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2013, 03:55 PM
I don't think he is dead. Watch you will see more books come out kind of like Tupac had music come out after he died. He is living his life out as a retired post man on some isolated island some where.

TheRef
10-02-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't think he is dead. Watch you will see more books come out kind of like Tupac had music come out after he died. He is living his life out as a retired post man on some isolated island some where.

Along with Elvis, Kurt Cobain, and Bob Marley.

thf24
10-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Along with Elvis, Kurt Cobain, and Bob Marley.

Don't forget King Arthur.

But seriously, I was really sorry to hear about Clancy. That he told great stories with incredible military and governmental detail was acknowledged by almost all, but I think even then he was underrated as a writer. Although it turned off some I've talked with, one of my favorite things about his books was how he'd go into the minds and psychology of various characters, as well as weave in classic philosophical issues, for pages at a time. There weren't many trips between Starkville and home in Memphis on which I didn't listen to a Clancy audiobook during my four years as a student.

Dawg61
10-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Don't forget King Arthur.

But seriously, I was really sorry to hear about Clancy. That he told great stories with incredible military and governmental detail was acknowledged by almost all, but I think even then he was underrated as a writer. Although it turned off some I've talked with, one of my favorite things about his books was how he'd go into the minds and psychology of various characters, as well as weave in classic philosophical issues, for pages at a time. There weren't many trips between Starkville and home in Memphis on which I didn't listen to a Clancy audiobook during my four years as a student.

What's really crazy is he was more influential in the video game world than the writing world! He was tied to 18 video games released! That is almost as many as John Madden has been tied to with the football game. Madden is at like 25 I think.

SoJackDog
11-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Read that us new book was about a Manturian Candidate in the White House. Had some dirt and got whacked.