PDA

View Full Version : Students Courtside

boonedawg
01-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Putting a standup student section courtside like Auburn does (and others) would really help our game atmosphere in the Hump. Would it ever happen?

TheRef
01-20-2018, 06:21 PM
Should it happen? Yes. Will it happen? No.

DawgRockur
01-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Money>atmosphere

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Where will Cohen and his buddies sit?

RougeDawg
01-20-2018, 06:42 PM

I?m pretty sure Mr. ?Carl Hogan Commercial before a critical 3rd down? Loafers was the person responsible for current seating arrangements.

Seriously, loafers was more worried about a 15 second commercial payout than pumping the crowd up when we were on defense needing a huge 3rd down stop.

TheRef
01-20-2018, 06:46 PM
I?m pretty sure Mr. ?Carl Hogan Commercial before a critical 3rd down? Loafers was the person responsible for current seating arrangements.

Seriously, loafers was more worried about a 15 second commercial payout than pumping the crowd up when we were on defense needing a huge 3rd down stop.

Actually it was Greg Byrne who was responsible for it...Byrne moved the students from the sideline.

Edit: Byrne moved students from the sidelines to behind both goals, and split the student section. Stricklin united the students behind the goal where the students currently are.

Steakonastick
01-20-2018, 06:51 PM
If the students would fill their whole entire section they could force the hand of Cohen.

boonedawg
01-20-2018, 07:05 PM
I guess part of the problem is that the $$$ patrons are in skyboxes at Auburn leaving the court sides seats open. Our $$$ patrons sit courtside.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2018, 07:20 PM
I guess part of the problem is that the $$$ patrons are in skyboxes at Auburn leaving the court sides seats open. Our $$$ patrons sit courtside.

^^^^This^^^^
1. Move Concessions and Restrooms to outer wall of concourse by expanding the walls of outer concourse...
2. Build Suites in areas where Concessions and restrooms used to be.
3. Reconfigure lower bowl where Students get first 10 rows from basket to basket opposite of benches.
4. Build baseline club seat section at both ends 2-3 rows deep.
5. 1 row court side seats opposite benches between students and floor...
6. Move TV camera platform to side opposite where it is now.

TheRef
01-20-2018, 07:33 PM
^^^^This^^^^
1. Move Concessions and Restrooms to outer wall of concourse by expanding the walls of outer concourse...
2. Build Suites in areas where Concessions and restrooms used to be.
3. Move student section directly across floor from opponents bench...

Only problem I foresee with that is the North and Northeast side of the Hump where you have offices and a sheer drop on the outer wall of the Hump.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/8Ve2dm_HT1yGl79Y-zofnA.png

Liverpooldawg
01-20-2018, 07:44 PM

More Greg Byrne than him .

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2018, 08:04 PM
Doesn't matter who killed the atmosphere in The Hump, but it is John Cohen's job to fix it....

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2018, 08:07 PM
Only problem I foresee with that is the North and Northeast side of the Hump where you have offices and a sheer drop on the outer wall of the Hump.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/8Ve2dm_HT1yGl79Y-zofnA.png

We are an Engineering School, so we should be able to come up with a solution....

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2018, 08:10 PM

On the couch in their den.

TheRef
01-20-2018, 08:11 PM
We are an Engineering School, so we should be able to come up with a solution....

There's no solution unless you want either super short boxes, less room in the concourse (which you can't realistically afford to do right now), or build another ring all the way around the Hump.

weblow
01-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Who the hell would show up to watch this shit show? What are we talking about here?

Come on baseball.