PDA

View Full Version : Saban hires Penn St receivers coach and passing-game coordinator

wmccgc
01-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Would he have hired JoMo as OC had he still been available?

Does this show he senses the need to have some insight into JoMo's offense? Interesting.

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2018, 03:37 PM
It may show that he respects the team we have returning next season and doesn’t want to get caught with his pants down.

TrapGame
01-19-2018, 03:42 PM
It may show that he respects the team we have returning next season and doesn’t want to get caught with his pants down.

This.

Iv'e read two articles recently that spoke VERY highly of Joe's offensive genius. I guarantee you Saban is more worried about playing against Joe's offense than O's next season.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-19-2018, 03:57 PM
I wonder if this guy would've been JoMo's 2nd-choice for WR coach behind Luke Getsy? Saban plucking him & being B10 recruiter of the year a few years ago makes it feel like we could've used him. But JoMo obviously thinks highly of Getsy & seems to have a close relationship w/ him (his former QB @ Akron i think).

Interesting angle on Saban getting a former JoMo assistant for insight into his offense, Shotgun, I hadn't thought of that.

DawgNamedScuba
01-19-2018, 04:26 PM
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the news. Saban just wants our playbook. Lets hope JoMo change his signal calls.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-19-2018, 05:07 PM
I think he just hired a great WR coach. I doubt it has anything to do with JoeMo & MSU.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 05:14 PM
This stuff happens all the time. Coaches go to rivals, coaches go to non rivals, its part of it.

Bully13
01-19-2018, 05:38 PM
This stuff happens all the time. Coaches go to rivals, coaches go to non rivals, its part of it.

yep. I'm feeling real wooly about next season.

Token Bammer
01-19-2018, 05:45 PM
I think he just hired a great WR coach. I doubt it has anything to do with JoeMo & MSU.

This is correct.

If Saban wants to know what a team does on offense, he'll watch film. Saban doesn't fear MSU, Jomo, Ohio State, or Urban Meyer. He's won 5 out of 9 national championships, and he hasn't done it by making irrational assistant coaching decisions based on the fact that someone may have a good offense next season.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 05:46 PM
yep. I'm feeling real wooly about next season.

I'm very optimistic. I could be totally wrong and Coach JoMo could be our Bielima but I get the feeling that JoMo is gonna turn us into a juggernaut! He just seems to have this quiet confidence that I very much like.

ATTILLA THE DOG
01-19-2018, 07:35 PM
This is correct.

If Saban wants to know what a team does on offense, he'll watch film. Saban doesn't fear MSU, Jomo, Ohio State, or Urban Meyer. He's won 5 out of 9 national championships, and he hasn't done it by making irrational assistant coaching decisions based on the fact that someone may have a good offense next season.

you are correct,he has done it because it's win at all (COST) at bama and nothing cost to much for y'all.

RougeDawg
01-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Saban may need to listen in on the headsets next year like Auburn did a few years back.

Churchill
01-19-2018, 09:24 PM

Sure and Bear just needed a great running backs coach when he hired Bruce Arians after the 80 season. LOL

TUSK
01-20-2018, 01:48 AM
you are correct,he has done it because it's win at all (COST) at bama and nothing cost to much for y'all.

yawn.

RougeDawg
01-20-2018, 11:42 AM
I'm very optimistic. I could be totally wrong and Coach JoMo could be our Bielima but I get the feeling that JoMo is gonna turn us into a juggernaut! He just seems to have this quiet confidence that I very much like.

I would bet the bank that JoMo will not be our Bielima. His offense thrives with personnel that we already have and are bringing in. Our defense will be fine 9/10 years so that?s a given. We will be improved with a coach who finally gives a shit about actual football, and not yeezy?s, marathons and shorts on the sideline.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Sure and Bear just needed a great running backs coach when he hired Bruce Arians after the 80 season. LOL

I'm sorry you're asking to speak on something that happened before I was born. Not even my sources can speak on that.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2018, 01:08 PM
I would bet the bank that JoMo will not be our Bielima. His offense thrives with personnel that we already have and are bringing in. Our defense will be fine 9/10 years so that?s a given. We will be improved with a coach who finally gives a shit about actual football, and not yeezy?s, marathons and shorts on the sideline.

Yep!

Coach34
01-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Saban did it because the guy has experience juggling 2 QB’s- which is what it looks like Bama is going to do this Fall