PDA

View Full Version : Peter Sirmon fired at Louisville

Todd4State
01-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Actually he stepped down but we all know the truth.

JETDAWG
01-19-2018, 01:42 PM
Surprise Surprise. Glad we got rid on him, anxious to see how Shoop does, we have the horses to be great non the less.

TrapGame
01-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Sumlin will probably hire him as DC at Arizona. I'm kinda kidding, sorta.

Political Hack
01-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Best trade in the history of Miss State sports.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Surprise, surprise, surprise! We should start a pool on which school is dumb enough to give him another shot at dc.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 01:51 PM
Surprise Surprise. Glad we got rid on him, anxious to see how Shoop does, we have the horses to be great non the less.

Love your avatar, Jet!

NCDawg
01-19-2018, 01:59 PM
It all started with Mullen, who hired him at the coach's convention. I recall Mullen said they didn't even talk about football, just life in general. Guy had never been a defensive coordinator. Typical stupid Mullen move.

Bully13
01-19-2018, 02:02 PM
Love your avatar, Jet!

the avatar is too small for me to make it out. who is it?

Also, I think it's time for us to move on with the Sirmon episode. it's not his fault he was hired by Mullen which was on Mullen, not Sirmon. the guy's prolly a cool dude but he's just not DC material. at least not yet. he was a bad hire, Mullen sucked at DC retention and shit.

basedog
01-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Can't hate on his firing, may not be a good DC but he seemed to be a good man. Hope he lands another job soon, man has to feed his family.
I hope some of you naysayers will move on about him.

Really Clark?
01-19-2018, 02:07 PM
It all started with Mullen, who hired him at the coach's convention. I recall Mullen said they didn't even talk about football, just life in general. Guy had never been a defensive coordinator. Typical stupid Mullen move.

That was Grantham that talked about life and not just football with Mullen. Sirmon pursued Mullen and our job very hard at the convention and there was a lot of X & O talk with him. A whole lot of football talk over multiple days.

Bully13
01-19-2018, 02:12 PM
That was Grantham that talked about life and not just football with Mullen. Sirmon pursued Mullen and our job very hard at the convention and there was a lot of X & O talk with him. A whole lot of football talk over multiple days.

Grantham had a resume , Sirmon didn't. Mullen's hire of Sirmon parallels his history with DC'S . Mullen sucked hard in this arena.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 02:19 PM

Also, I think it's time for us to move on with the Sirmon episode. it's not his fault he was hired by Mullen which was on Mullen, not Sirmon. the guy's prolly a cool dude but he's just not DC material. at least not yet. he was a bad hire, Mullen sucked at DC retention and shit.

It's Jake Taylor from Major League.

Really Clark?
01-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Grantham had a resume , Sirmon didn't. Mullen's hire of Sirmon parallels his history with DC'S . Mullen sucked hard in this arena.

Didn’t say otherwise. The other poster was just confusing the two and the stories of their hires.

Jack Lambert
01-19-2018, 02:34 PM

Tom Barranger from the movie Major League.

Bully13
01-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Tom Barranger from the movie Major League.

I loved that movie. who was Barranger? what role did he play?

DogsofAnarchy
01-19-2018, 02:46 PM
I can’t believe how many closet Rebs errrrrr... snowflakes there are on this board. Damn it must be hard being y’all.

01-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Actually he stepped down but we all know the truth.

Unpopular opinion here, but I think he still has a future in football. If I were him, I would go get me a LB coach gig somewhere, and concentrate on recruiting. I would try to emulate Dabo Swinney. He was never a coordinator either, just bypassed that step.

DudyDawg
01-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Sirmon already found next stop- Cal Associate HC/LBs coach

NCDawg
01-19-2018, 03:29 PM
Didn’t say otherwise. The other poster was just confusing the two and the stories of their hires.

I'm sure you are correct. I don't doubt you have first hand knowledge as to what was discussed privately among the coaches.

Irondawg
01-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Sirmon already found next stop- Cal Associate HC/LBs coach

Weird, I figured he was going back to NFL and trying to catch on with eventual new a titan staff or something similar.

Instead going back to Cali

JDog13
01-19-2018, 03:53 PM
Sirmon is the main reason we were 5-7 rather than 8-4. You guys wanting mercy for him are hilarious.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 04:01 PM
I loved that movie. who was Barranger? what role did he play?

Jake Taylor, the catcher.

01-19-2018, 04:49 PM
Sirmon is the main reason we were 5-7 rather than 8-4. You guys wanting mercy for him are hilarious.

I blame Dax Magriffin more than I blame him, since he hired him before he was ready

Bully13
01-19-2018, 05:34 PM

it's on the guy who hired him. he was not DC material.

Bully13
01-19-2018, 05:36 PM
Jake Taylor, the catcher.

wasn't he the guy who had the balls of the team? trying to remember. wasn't he the one who called out the 3rd baseman for playing "OLAY" on the hot grounders? funny shit,.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 05:41 PM
wasn't he the guy who had the balls of the team? trying to remember. wasn't he the one who called out the 3rd baseman for playing "OLAY" on the hot grounders? funny shit,.

I love all the Major League movies! That was the manager Lou Brown getting on Dorn the 3B for the "OLAY, BS" but later Jake did go to Dorn's house after he booted a ground ball on purpose and told Dorn in front of his wife, "If you ever tank another play like that I'm gonna cut your balls off and stuff em down your throat". lol!

RougeDawg
01-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Best trade in the history of Miss State sports.

Quite possibly the best trade in the history of sports.

parabrave
01-19-2018, 08:32 PM
I love all the Major League movies! That was the manager Lou Brown getting on Dorn the 3B for the "OLAY, BS" but later Jake did go to Dorn's house after he booted a ground ball on purpose and told Dorn in front of his wife, "If you ever tank another play like that I'm gonna cut your balls off and stuff em down your throat". lol!

And every person who has missed a grounder has been called Dorn.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2018, 08:39 PM
And every person who has missed a grounder has been called Dorn.

Lol yep.

parabrave
01-19-2018, 08:50 PM
I got ballplayers who I coached that are in their 20's now and I still call them Dorn.

JDog13
01-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Oh, you guys are right. It?s on Don big time.