PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead & Orgeron

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2018, 09:31 AM
These two coaches are virtually nothing alike from a coaching and IQ standpoint.

HOWEVER, they do have similar voices minus the Cajun dialect.

Not sure if it?s the gruff Pittsburgh influence or what but Moorhead sounded a lot like an intelligent Orgeron on Bo Bounds this morning.

Lord McBuckethead
01-19-2018, 09:36 AM
I do not agree with any comparison between O and Moorhead. Also, I believe O has made an entire career on people underestimating him based on how he speaks.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-19-2018, 09:51 AM
How many critically acclaimed performances does JOMO have?

O should have won the Oscar for The Blind Side

Jack Lambert
01-19-2018, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=

O should have won the Oscar for The Blind Side[/QUOTE]

Really? I wasn't sure if he was asking a tax question or asking Sandra Bulluck for some *****.

AusTexDawg
01-19-2018, 10:09 AM
I've always thought that New Orleans "y'at" accent sounded like something out of New York or somewhere up east. Coach JoMo sounded like a "y'at" this morning now that he's dropping those "y'all's" left and right.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-19-2018, 11:07 AM
I've always thought that New Orleans "y'at" accent sounded like something out of New York or somewhere up east. Coach JoMo sounded like a "y'at" this morning now that he's dropping those "y'all's" left and right.

My mom is from the Pittsburgh area and they definitely have a unique accent. I've been waiting for him to say some words that really show his background.

Dawgbite
01-19-2018, 11:13 AM
I do not agree with any comparison between O and Moorhead. Also, I believe O has made an entire career on people underestimating him based on how he speaks.

I am a little guilty of this myself. I have a pretty good drawl and my my wife says that I turn it up another notch in the presence of northern intellectuals. Sometimes it is a good thing to be underestimated.

thf24
01-19-2018, 12:36 PM

Probably true; however, I'd also say he's benefited from a fair share of overestimation at times as well.

TrapGame
01-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Listening to Joe was like listening to my grandpa from back in the day. Deep voice and a big guy. Listening to O is like listening to an old Ford with no muffler and a rattle under the hood.

Amadden0408
01-19-2018, 01:51 PM
The y’at accent out of Nola and a New York or Boston accent are similar due to similar Irish background.

Orgeron’s accent has a French background. Y’all should take a trip to lafourche parish and see if you can make
Your way around. It’s a different world for sure.

was21
01-19-2018, 07:33 PM
The y’at accent out of Nola and a New York or Boston accent are similar due to similar Irish background.

Orgeron’s accent has a French background. Y’all should take a trip to lafourche parish and see if you can make
Your way around. It’s a different world for sure.

New York has several different dialects one of which is close to one of the New Orleans accents. I have never noticed any New Orleans accents to a Boston accent, but just my ear maybe.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-20-2018, 12:20 PM
NOLA's y'at accent is nothing like a Boston accent but it's closer to a working class Staten Island/Brooklyn/Queens accent.