PDA

View Full Version : Nakobe Dean...

Doggie_Style
01-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Suppose to be the top Mississippi player in the 2019 class....has anyone listened to this interview? He says he like both State and Ole Miss but he is getting more love from Ole Miss. He says the Ole Miss coaches communicate with him almost every day and that he has never spoken to coach Moorhead. Not sure this bodes well.

https://mississippistate.rivals.com/news/ua-future-50-video-nakobe-dean

01-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Ole Miss has a leg up on the in-state 2019 class, there is no denying this. They earned that when they kept their staff together. I am hoping we can change some minds during the season when we are winning and they are sucking, but right now, they have the relationships. At least we won 2018 in a blowout.

thf24
01-18-2018, 12:55 PM
If there's anything I've learned from college football recruiting, it's that "show the love" can have a variety of different meanings and degrees depending on who you talk to.

YazooDawg23
01-18-2018, 01:08 PM
That interview is a few weeks old.. I saw an update today where we have stepped it up. It will be an extremely tough pull. He has a brother at ole miss.

bulldawg28
01-18-2018, 01:13 PM
Let's go Moorhead! Pick it up! The kid wants to be a bulldog!

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 01:14 PM
If there's anything I've learned from college football recruiting, it's that "show the love" can have a variety of different meanings and degrees depending on who you talk to.

Truth. Also I've seen numerous times when a recruit said he really loved a school, they were showing him more love, blah,blah,blah and then winds up signing with another school who "showed him the most love". Until they sign it's impossible to try and interpret anything they say.

AlSwearengen
01-18-2018, 01:17 PM
I thought the top 2019 player was committed to us. A DE that had blown his knee out but was expected to be fine. Of course that was pre Moorhead, but I haven’t heard of him decommitting.

AlSwearengen
01-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Get Lukabu on him. Time to play up that nfl coaching experience.

Coach34
01-18-2018, 01:23 PM
I thought the top 2019 player was committed to us. A DE that had blown his knee out but was expected to be fine. Of course that was pre Moorhead, but I haven’t heard of him decommitting.

thats the DE from Louisville HS

msbulldog
01-18-2018, 01:23 PM

That's Charles Moore from Louisville a 4 star who was ranked #1 when he committed, rank was lowered because he didn't play because of the injury. Still was a big recruiter for us.

Todd4State
01-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Sounds like he is telling Paul Jones something totally different with regards to our coaches contacting him.

Ari Gold
01-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Dean will prob end up at Bama

DogsofAnarchy
01-18-2018, 01:33 PM
It’s 11 months till signing day guys. Y’all need to take a Valium and chill out. Frankly if someone doesn’t know Charles Moore’s name then it makes me wonder about your recruiting expertise. He is FAR and AWAY the best player in the state.

Coach34
01-18-2018, 01:36 PM
It’s 11 months till signing day guys. Y’all need to take a Valium and chill out. Frankly if someone doesn’t know Charles Moore’s name then it makes me wonder about your recruiting expertise. He is FAR and AWAY the best player in the state.

provided he is busting his ass rehabbing that ACL

Ari Gold
01-18-2018, 01:40 PM
provided he is busting his ass rehabbing that ACL

Heard it wasn’t a bad injury. Will be good to go

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2018, 01:41 PM
Meh, Paul Jones talked about Dean in his biscuits today. We are in the game.

Ole Miss has a leg up?

We currently lead for Moore, Pickering, the Gulfport LB, Edwards, and Young while having Black committed.

That’s literally over half of the top players in the state and our new staff is aggressively catching up on building relationships with players we don’t lead for.

You could make an argument that due the tenure of relationship building, this very instance is the biggest lead OM will have i

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 01:43 PM

Ole Miss has a leg up?

We currently lead for Moore, Pickering, the Gulfport LB, Edwards, and Young while having Black committed.

That’s literally over half of the top players in the state and our new staff is aggressively catching up on building relationships with players we don’t lead for.

You could make an argument that due the tenure of relationship building, this very instance is the biggest lead OM will have i

Young likes us but if he gets an offer from bama, he will be gone. Also uga in the hunt for him as well.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Young likes us but if he gets an offer from bama, he will be gone. Also uga in the hunt for him as well.

Young will be a LSU MSU Bama battle. He grew up liking LSU but we'll see how hard they push.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-18-2018, 02:23 PM

Ole Miss has a leg up?

That?s literally over half of the top players in the state and our new staff is aggressively catching up on building relationships with players we don?t lead for.

I wouldnt get too excited about Black

Jack Lambert
01-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Every Day?

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 02:28 PM
Young will be a LSU MSU Bama battle. He grew up liking LSU but we'll see how hard they push.

My son is friends with him and I know the family very very well. You?re dead on about those 3. He likes Saban but Saban told him a few things he has to correct before they will offer. Joe and crew were visiting at West with him Tuesday. He really likes Joe a lot. Has zero interest in unm. He also likes uga a lot.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2018, 02:30 PM
We need to be on Brandon Turnage.

Yes I know hes committed to Bama but hes the best athlete in the state, one of the best in the nation even with the broke hand

Doggie_Style
01-18-2018, 02:32 PM
......He really likes Joe a lot. Has zero interest in unm.....

That's what I want to hear!

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 02:33 PM
That's what I want to hear!

That?s straight from the horses mouth lol

Bully13
01-18-2018, 02:41 PM
That?s straight from the horses mouth lol

Thanks for the info commerce. You bring good stuff with your relationship knowledge and when you don't, you reach out and ask good questions.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-18-2018, 02:41 PM
We need to be on Brandon Turnage.

Yes I know hes committed to Bama but hes the best athlete in the state, one of the best in the nation even with the broke hand

We are in better shape than most would probably think.

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the info commerce. You bring good stuff with your relationship knowledge and when you don't, you reach out and ask good questions.

Thanks! I don't have a ton of inside info like a lot of others, but I know a lot of parents, kids and coaches in the state and southeast from my years of coaching showcase/travel ball. What I share is just what folks tell me and only if its ok with them. I've always asked a lot of questions. Used to drive my parents and grandparents nuts with all the questions i asked lol!

Leeshouldveflanked
01-18-2018, 04:07 PM
That interview is a few weeks old.. I saw an update today where we have stepped it up. It will be an extremely tough pull. He has a brother at ole miss.

^^^^Ole Miss has a way to taking care of players that have family/girlfriends/partners etc already at Ole Miss.... they have a lot of "Love" to go around...^^^^^
That being said, signing day is a long ways away...

Bully13
01-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Thanks! I don't have a ton of inside info like a lot of others, but I know a lot of parents, kids and coaches in the state and southeast from my years of coaching showcase/travel ball. What I share is just what folks tell me and only if its ok with them. I've always asked a lot of questions. Used to drive my parents and grandparents nuts with all the questions i asked lol!

Yep. I'm not an insider by any stretch but I try to respect others regarding social media. Many things I've seen and heard would never be splattered on the net just out of respect for others.

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 04:21 PM
Yep. I'm not an insider by any stretch but I try to respect others regarding social media. Many things I've seen and heard would never be splattered on the net just out of respect for others.

Amen.

Percho
01-18-2018, 05:09 PM

These threads make me fill like I am on the bottom end of a yo yo string!

preachermatt83
01-18-2018, 06:00 PM

You are correct. Moorhead visited him at forest today. But he's spinning his wheels sadly.

Spiderman
01-18-2018, 06:58 PM

Yep, that Scott County "Love " stepped up once the slap on the wrist occurred.

Somebody should "LEGALLY" see that coming.

preachermatt83
01-18-2018, 11:37 PM

Yes but it's not just that. The kid has zero hope of qualifying. Like I'm not downing the kid just saying what I know to be true. I don't expect him to play a snap at any collegiate level. Good kid... funny as all get out, but just struggles. And it's not that he don't try. He really does...his best in the classroom is just not gonna get it done. Again, please don't think I'm degrading the kid. I know both his parents and I mean nothing bad in this post.

preachermatt83
01-18-2018, 11:38 PM

Legally or LEEgally? Lol. I kid I kid. Let them waste their time.

Spiderman
01-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Legally or LEEgally? Lol. I kid I kid. Let them waste their time.

the latter, i meant to type it that way.

metrodawg
01-19-2018, 06:30 PM
the latter, i meant to type it that way.

Very NOBLE of you

Spiderman
01-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Very NOBLE of you

Yes, I thought so myself

BiscuitEater
01-20-2018, 09:08 AM
He grew up liking LSU but we'll see how hard they push.

Unless LSU fires 0 during the season aka Miles .. I
Like our chances!