PDA

View Full Version : January is a snooze fest here now with the early signing period

msstate7
01-17-2018, 10:42 PM
I have to admit that I really enjoyed reading up on recruiting daily in January after football ended. Now we are pretty much done and it is quite boring. January recruiting meltdowns and victories passed the time quite nicely to baseball season.

DownwardDawg
01-17-2018, 11:41 PM
Thank God!!!! Buildup to feb signing day was horrible.

cujo
01-18-2018, 08:45 AM

Get to enjoy hunting more

Todd4State
01-18-2018, 08:51 AM
I like it much better too. We would be getting trolled over Heath, Dolla Bill, and Whop at a bare minimum.

Dawg61
01-18-2018, 08:52 AM
College football recruiting is worse than being forced to watch Nic Cage's last ten movies in a row

BrunswickDawg
01-18-2018, 09:00 AM
No recruiting means more time to melt about basketball.

Ari Gold
01-18-2018, 09:02 AM
No recruiting means more time to melt about basketball.

Yeah melting about a team that is on the bubble watch according to Joey Brackets..

Commercecomet24
01-18-2018, 09:16 AM
College football recruiting is worse than being forced to watch Nic Cage's last ten movies in a row

Rep Given!

MStateDawg
01-18-2018, 09:17 AM
January is a snooze fest here now with the early signing period

GOOD! It makes life as a Mississippi State fun much easier.

MetEdDawg
01-18-2018, 09:23 AM
I think we should be happy with the quiet. Not only will it help us in recruiting (we are winners in a lot of recruiting battles in November/December so this allows us to keep the guys we really need to keep) but it’s gonna help magnify basketball, which should be the real priority during his time.

msstate7
01-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Yeah melting about a team that is on the bubble watch according to Joey Brackets..
Huge game Saturday. If we can pull it off, we are right where we should be.

BrunswickDawg
01-18-2018, 09:32 AM

You know you want to see this.....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/da/c4/aa/dac4aa4401ad857dbf3efbc7a2314aca.jpg

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-18-2018, 09:36 AM

Wow that is really specific. Haha... I agree BTW

Political Hack
01-18-2018, 09:46 AM
It’s too cold for message boards.

Jack Lambert
01-18-2018, 10:04 AM

I think our class is set. I would be surprise if we lost any of the unsigned commitment. I guess we could or our current staff lets a few go.

BeastMan
01-18-2018, 10:27 AM
Snooze fest > shit show

Fader21
01-18-2018, 10:53 AM

USS Indianapolis was good.

DogsofAnarchy
01-18-2018, 10:55 AM
I have to admit that I really enjoyed reading up on recruiting daily in January after football ended. Now we are pretty much done and it is quite boring. January recruiting meltdowns and victories passed the time quite nicely to baseball season.

Glad it’s dead for you. I grew tired of hearing our fans bitch about losing players that ended up being bitches at other schools and not making enough noise about the great players that we signed!! Our fan base does more to hurt us than they help us.

G

lastmajordog
01-18-2018, 11:02 AM

I don’t know.....trying to figure out which hair style he will wear is always a trip. But as far as being mentally stimulated.... just turn off the sound and watch his co star babes.....

TrapGame
01-18-2018, 11:07 AM
I like it much better too. We would be getting trolled over Heath, Dolla Bill, and Whop at a bare minimum.

Yep, we can skip all those Yancy rumors about them visiting Oxford and liking Luke better than Moorhead.

I'm still waiting for that son of a bitch to choke to death on a dick.

Dawg61
01-18-2018, 12:36 PM
USS Indianapolis was good.

You're now the second person I've heard say this so I'll check it out and skip the other 9 he made last

DogsofAnarchy
01-18-2018, 12:46 PM
Yep, we can skip all those Yancy rumors about them visiting Oxford and liking Luke better than Moorhead.

From what I hear in oxford, this could happen sooner than later.

parabrave
01-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Well a bunch of hard working girls trying to put themselves through medical school in memphis and Tampa are not enjoying this January. They might below on funds because of early signing period.

sleepy dawg
01-18-2018, 05:57 PM
I think we should be happy with the quiet. Not only will it help us in recruiting (we are winners in a lot of recruiting battles in November/December so this allows us to keep the guys we really need to keep) but it?s gonna help magnify basketball, which should be the real priority during his time.

Ditto. I am very happy to be snoozing.

Bully13
01-18-2018, 07:59 PM

Lol. Plus 1.

Coach34
01-18-2018, 08:02 PM
Mullen finally got hired by someone so I cant start threads about his desperately trying to get another job for you guys to accuse me of posting crap for board clicks to fund my shenanigans

STATEBALLIN
01-18-2018, 08:17 PM
Anybody know where Chris Jones is?

msstate7
01-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Anybody know where Chris Jones is?

That recruitment was hard on me, but it was fun keeping up with the twists and turns

basedog
01-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Mullen finally got hired by someone so I cant start threads about his desperately trying to get another job for you guys to accuse me of posting crap for board clicks to fund my shenanigans

Ha, I'm betting you will find another agenda****

LOL!

STATEBALLIN
01-18-2018, 08:42 PM
That recruitment was hard on me, but it was fun keeping up with the twists and turns

It was tough. My wife made so much fun of me! Haha

Lord McBuckethead
01-19-2018, 01:08 PM
From what I hear in oxford, this could happen sooner than later.

He would need to find some guys outside of Oxford for that to happen.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Still important guys out there we're waiting to see on:

Smith and Williams seem to be take for either us or TN depending on which one goes where.
McDowell is flirting with FL.
Lovett is bouncing all over the place but OM/State waiting to see.
Mason is still in play a little with a beach azz coach trying to push him to his favorite team.
Watson flirting around.
Winkel still waiting around.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2018, 04:58 PM
Winkel isn't waiting around anymore. He finally got the offer he wanted from TN. Just have to see if it's a legit offer. They've got half the OL in the country committed/signed.

RougeDawg
01-20-2018, 11:15 AM
Someone needs to start up some look a like threads or a 2018 ?Your Perception of Other Posters? thread.

On the other hand, some of you may need to save up for baseball season. We have a really good chance to win the damn thing. I?m anxious to see the offense after 1.5 years of Cann instructions. If we trend close to what he did at LSU and pitching stays healthy, save up your $$$ for the summer.

Political Hack
01-20-2018, 11:47 AM

Vic spoke to someone the other day. About basketball. I can confirm this.

Political Hack
01-20-2018, 11:49 AM
Someone needs to start up some look a like threads or a 2018 ?Your Perception of Other Posters? thread.

On the other hand, some of you may need to save up for baseball season. We have a really good chance to win the damn thing. I?m anxious to see the offense after 1.5 years of Cann instructions. If we trend close to what he did at LSU and pitching stays healthy, save up your $$$ for the summer.

I’m excited about baseball this year, but what concerns me is that anything short of Omaha will be disappointing.

msstate7
01-20-2018, 11:52 AM
Winkel isn't waiting around anymore. He finally got the offer he wanted from TN. Just have to see if it's a legit offer. They've got half the OL in the country committed/signed.

Seems every recruiting battle we have had lately is with freaking tenn. Pruitt seems to have a bone to pick with us. Oh and we are not faring so well facing off against him

RougeDawg
01-20-2018, 12:01 PM
I?m excited about baseball this year, but what concerns me is that anything short of Omaha will be disappointing.

Seeing how Rooker and Brown progress last season with just a few months under Cann should have everyone thinking Omaha or bust. Last year was carried by offense and a patchwork pitching staff. Barring injury this team should be top 3 SEC at end of year and that typically means Omaha quality.