PDA

View Full Version : Funny stat I saw regarding Sumlin $

Leroy Jenkins
01-17-2018, 10:24 AM
$11 million: What Arizona will pay Kevin Sumlin to coach for the next four seasons.

$10.5 million: What Texas A&M is paying Kevin Sumlin NOT TO COACH. Entire payment is due in 9 days.

Jack Lambert
01-17-2018, 10:53 AM
He isn't going hungry.

jumbo
01-17-2018, 11:31 AM
$11 million: What Arizona will pay Kevin Sumlin to coach for the next four seasons.

$10.5 million: What Texas A&M is paying Kevin Sumlin NOT TO COACH. Entire payment is due in 9 days.

Does A&M have to pay him? A lot of times the buyouts go away or are at least reduced if the guy gets another job.

msstatelp1
01-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Does A&M have to pay him? A lot of times the buyouts go away or are at least reduced if the guy gets another job.

Depends on what they negotiated but if you're the coach, why would you agree to anything less.tban the full contract unless you want to leave?

AROB44
01-17-2018, 12:10 PM

Yes....I remember reading somewhere that his buyout at A&M had to be paid in full within 90 days of this termination with no offset for another job. SO...he gets the full $10.5 mil.

Lance Harbor
01-17-2018, 12:38 PM
Yes....I remember reading somewhere that his buyout at A&M had to be paid in full within 90 days of this termination with no offset for another job. SO...he gets the full $10.5 mil.

Just in time for a nice tax cut...great timing, Coach. Great timing.

basedog
01-17-2018, 03:40 PM

And folks blast him saying he doesn't make good decisions. Well A+ for him hiring his agent. Dude may have been the smartest Coach in the Sec!

Commercecomet24
01-17-2018, 03:43 PM
And folks blast him saying he doesn't make good decisions. Well A+ for him hiring his agent. Dude may have been the smartest Coach in the Sec!

He may only be a mediocre coach but he dang sure has the smarts to take care of his bank account! Kudos to sumlin.

RocketDawg
01-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Just in time for a nice tax cut...great timing, Coach. Great timing.

I guess he saved about 2% being in the highest bracket if I remember the cuts correctly. That would be over $200K just for the buyout ... not a bad hunk of change.