PDA

View Full Version : Mock draft has Rankin going late 2nd round

Coach34
01-15-2018, 11:11 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753823-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-picks-entering-afc-nfc-title-games

Carolina would be a good spot

MoreCowbell
01-15-2018, 03:03 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753823-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-picks-entering-afc-nfc-title-games

Carolina would be a good spot

Who all besides Rankin do we expect to be drafted? Will Jordan Thomas get picked up?

Bully13
01-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Rankin sure improved once he got here. wished we could have gotten more quality snaps out of the guy before he got better. I'll never forget that whiff against AU that day.

at any rate, best of luck to him. hope he does well in the league.

Jack Lambert
01-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Who all besides Rankin do we expect to be drafted? Will Jordan Thomas get picked up?

I think a one or two might sign as free agents but I think Rankin might be the only one.

Commercecomet24
01-15-2018, 03:28 PM
Hope Rankin does well! We may only have a couple drafted this year but next year we may have record number of players getting drafted.

MetEdDawg
01-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Yeah I don’t see another draftable person from this class. Next year has the potential to be the special draft. Simmons, Sweat, Peters, Fitz, Aeris, Green, McLaurin, Calhoun, Jenkins.

Think all of them have the chance to get drafted.

Coach34
01-15-2018, 03:45 PM
Yeah I don’t see another draftable person from this class. Next year has the potential to be the special draft. Simmons, Sweat, Peters, Fitz, Aeris, Green, McLaurin, Calhoun, Jenkins.

dont see Aeris getting drafted and worry about Mac’s speed- but the rest are almost certain to be

Tbonewannabe
01-15-2018, 03:51 PM

Brandon Bryant improves some more and he might get drafted on 40 time alone. If Thomas runs below a 4.6 then he probably gets drafted at some point just because he is big.

thf24
01-15-2018, 04:01 PM
I would think Jordan Thomas will get a shot somewhere. Hard not to be intrigued by a guy who's 6'5", 275 and moves like he's 50 pounds lighter.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2018, 04:12 PM
I would think Jordan Thomas will get a shot somewhere. Hard not to be intrigued by a guy who's 6'5", 275 and moves like he's 50 pounds lighter.

He'll be a non-drafted signee. To soft to draft

Bothrops
01-15-2018, 04:47 PM

I'm afraid he's a guy without a position in the No Fun League.

Cowboydawg
01-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Calling it now. Jordan Thomas = Mr. Irrelevant

Tbonewannabe
01-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Calling it now. Jordan Thomas = Mr. Irrelevant

I think depending on Pro Day, someone will pick him up in the 6th or 7th round. After the 5th, you are better off going Undrafted Free Agent. You can actually pick your team and get a better signing bonus.

Cowboydawg
01-15-2018, 05:32 PM
I think depending on Pro Day, someone will pick him up in the 6th or 7th round. After the 5th, you are better off going Undrafted Free Agent. You can actually pick your team and get a better signing bonus.

Very true. For some reason, I get the feeling he is the type that would take the draft pick over going the free agent route. I have nothing to back that up with however. Either way, he has way too much upside not to be given a legitimate shot somewhere. He is a classic late bloomer going under the radar.

Coach34
01-15-2018, 05:41 PM
Brandon Bryant improves some more and he might get drafted on 40 time alone.

yep....also Leo has the talent to be drafted. We'll see if he has the work ethic or heart this year

Commercecomet24
01-15-2018, 05:43 PM
yep....also Leo has the talent to be drafted. We'll see if he has the work ethic or heart this year

I thought about Leo as well, but he has to improve on this past year. He definitely has the talent and he had a buttload of distractions this past season that wouldve been tough for a 50 year old to handle much less a teenager. Hopefully that's behind him now and he can approach this season with a clear head and have a big year and then become a draft pick.

Todd4State
01-15-2018, 06:08 PM
Here's a thought- Eiland played just about as well as Rankin as a freshman. Bright future for MSU football indeed.

Coach34
01-15-2018, 06:17 PM
Here's a thought- Eiland played just about as well as Rankin as a freshman. Bright future for MSU football indeed.

Eiland played decently- he still has work to do. BUT- he improved tremendously from the Spring. He should really take the next step and be a solid player in 2018.

Turfdawg67
01-15-2018, 06:43 PM
I thought about Leo as well, but he has to improve on this past year. He definitely has the talent and he had a buttload of distractions this past season that wouldve been tough for a 50 year old to handle much less a teenager. Hopefully that's behind him now and he can approach this season with a clear head and have a big year and then become a draft pick.

Wholeheartedly agree! All that talent and potential he showed during his freshman year just didn’t just vanish. Kid was dragged through the mud by OM cronies and really screwed over by the 17’n toothless NCAA! Hopefully, with a new staff and most of the crap behind him (incl that frivolous lawsuit being thrown out) he’ll have a monster season on our way to the Natty!