Saban changing OC's again

TrapGame
01-14-2018, 05:01 PM
Daboll has been hired by the Bills.

Interesting.

TUSK
01-14-2018, 05:03 PM

I hope Daboll does well with the Bills...

As coach Bryant used to say (re: Asst. Coaches), "I love to lose 'em."

RougeDawg
01-14-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure what was so appealing about Bama's offense to warrant their OC getting an NFL gig. The only plus they must see is already having coached NFL players in Tuscaloosa.

TrapGame
01-14-2018, 05:27 PM
Now the sports media is spreading the Freeze is on the short list BS. Saban ain't hiring Freeze.

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Now the sports media is spreading the Freeze is on the short list BS. Saban ain't hiring Freeze.

Freeze would be chasing the fax monitor on signing day Bama uses.

IMissJack
01-14-2018, 05:42 PM

Need a passing game OC for Tua**

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2018, 05:47 PM
Stupid move. He obviously wanted no part of recruiting

TUSK
01-14-2018, 05:55 PM

I've read/heard this...

pilldawg
01-14-2018, 06:03 PM
Freeze would be chasing the fax monitor on signing day Bama uses.

NM

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2018, 06:20 PM

Or he is a grown man with self pride that doesn’t want to be belittled or have his ass chewed on the sideline by an ego maniac.

TUSK
01-14-2018, 06:26 PM
Or he is a grown man with self pride that doesn’t want to be belittled or have his ass chewed on the sideline by an ego maniac.

gawd.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2018, 06:28 PM
There is no telling what is being swept under the rug in that program.

I have some ideas

TUSK
01-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Delete

It'd hafta be a live boy or dead girl....

That was a lil "whack" there, buddy...

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2018, 06:32 PM
It'd hafta be a live boy or dead girl....

That was a lil "whack" there, buddy...

Seriously though, have you ever wondered?

We all have our vices. Control freak, uptight, etc.

Not judging. Just saying it wouldn’t surprise me

Think about it

Wolken tweeted something the other day that got me thinking

Ifyouonlyknew
01-14-2018, 06:36 PM
He had been a NFL coach for almost 20yrs. I was more surprised he took the Bama job than I am to hear he's headed back to the NFL. Recruiting & the college game isn't for everyone.

Commercecomet24
01-14-2018, 06:38 PM

Naw he?s worked for Belichik for years, he?s used to being fussed at.

TUSK
01-14-2018, 06:55 PM
Seriously though, have you ever wondered?

We all have our vices. Control freak, uptight, etc.

Not judging. Just saying it wouldn’t surprise me

Think about it

Wolken tweeted something the other day that got me thinking

Saban is definitely a "control freak", but I'd guess that most highly successful, long tenured leaders possess a similar attribute...

Did Wolken make a direct accusation that Saban was diddling lil kids or had a bunch of hookers or midgets locked up in a basement somewhere?

Apoplectic
01-14-2018, 07:01 PM

Yea my thoughts too. Any man worth anything would say 17u Saban I don?t have to put up with ur BS!

Todd4State
01-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Freeze to Alabama? Well the one year show cause is starting to make sense now.

He's too sensitive to handle Saban probably.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Yea my thoughts too. Any man worth anything would say 17u Saban I don?t have to put up with ur BS!

Belichik is the same way.

Dawgface
01-14-2018, 08:26 PM

Freeze would cry on the sideline after a Saban chewing.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2018, 08:28 PM
Belichik is the same way.

Behind closed doors for sure, but I haven’t seen Belichik show up people on the sidelines like that. Perhaps he does and I’ve just missed it

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Or he is a grown man with self pride that doesn?t want to be belittled or have his ass chewed on the sideline by an ego maniac.

With 6 national championship rings.......

For all of the expert opinions, and No Shotgun Im not saying this about you but.......Some of yall would never make it in the coaching game

Commercecomet24
01-14-2018, 08:38 PM
Behind closed doors for sure, but I haven’t seen Belichik show up people on the sidelines like that. Perhaps he does and I’ve just missed it

Yeah you?ve missed it. He doesn?t do it often but players or coaches are not immune to Belichik chewing them on the sideline. He doesn?t do it as often as Saban but he does it.

RocketDawg
01-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Yeah you?ve missed it. He doesn?t do it often but players or coaches are not immune to Belichik chewing them on the sideline. He doesn?t do it as often as Saban but he does it.

So does Smart.

Commercecomet24
01-14-2018, 09:11 PM
So does Smart.

It is required from time to time. I call them brain dusters lol

Homedawg
01-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Or he is a grown man with self pride that doesn?t want to be belittled or have his ass chewed on the sideline by an ego maniac.

Yeah that doesn't happen in the NFL. Maybe not on the sidelines but it happens I assure you

msstate7
01-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Yeah that doesn't happen in the NFL. Maybe not on the sidelines but it happens I assure you

Sure the butt chewing happens at all levels... kissing 17-18 year olds butts to sign does not happen in the pros though. Given the choice and money is close, give me pro football

Commercecomet24
01-14-2018, 09:44 PM
I remember watching a clip of Belichik chewing Brady after a pick in the end zone. He told Brady the qb at foxboro high could?ve made that throw along with a few other expletives. Belichik did it way more when he was younger, but he still lets it go on occasion. Can?t have a thin skin and be a coach or player, won?t last long.

RougeDawg
01-14-2018, 09:57 PM
I remember watching a clip of Belichik chewing Brady after a pick in the end zone. He told Brady the qb at foxboro high could?ve made that throw along with a few other expletives. Belichik did it way more when he was younger, but he still lets it go on occasion. Can?t have a thin skin and be a coach or player, won?t last long.

Can?t be thin skinned in any occupation and be successful. You won?t always hear what you want to hear or always come out on top. Have to shake it off and learn from the failures. And learn from the failures of others as well. That?s where most people do not take advantage.

My best boss mentor taught me more about his screwups and failures than his successes. I find myself weekly remembering something he told me about a failure and me trying to avoid that. As opposed to remembering his success stories. More times than not a success is accomplished by minimizing and eliminating your risks for failure, through preparation.

TUSK
01-14-2018, 10:01 PM
Can?t be thin skinned in any occupation and be successful. You won?t always hear what you want to hear or always come out on top. Have to shake it off and learn from the failures. And learn from the failures of others as well. That?s where most people do not take advantage.

My best boss mentor taught me more about his screwups and failures than his successes. I find myself weekly remembering something he told me about a failure and me trying to avoid that. As opposed to remembering his success stories. More times than not a success is accomplished by minimizing and eliminating your risks for failure, through preparation.

Yeah, I think it's ironic to suggest that "pride" should prevent one from "putting up with criticism"....

Commercecomet24
01-14-2018, 10:02 PM

Well said and true. Being critiqued is part of growing and becoming a successful

Commercecomet24
01-14-2018, 10:05 PM
You wanna see something funny watch the 30 for 30 on the browns and why they left Cleveland for Baltimore. Belichik was hc and Saban was his dc. It?s funny watching Saban getting chewed on by Belichik.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-14-2018, 10:09 PM

Wouldn't bother me. As a grown man, I try to do my job in a manner where ass chewings don't happen. But if I deserve one, then I'm man enough to take it.

Spiderman
01-14-2018, 11:51 PM

But he will be stabbing Saban in the back to get the Bama job from day one. Ask Coach O and the HC at Ark. St when he was the OC there

Todd4State
01-15-2018, 12:02 AM
But he will be stabbing Saban in the back to get the Bama job from day one. Ask Coach O and the HC at Ark. St when he was the OC there

Wasn't that Mahlzahn at Arkansas State?

Freeze is not a quality person period. And you are right he will be working the back channels to try to get the Bama job and position himself for it once Saban retires. No way I could see him pulling off a coup to oust Saban at Alabama- he didn't even pull it off at Ole Miss with his connections although there is no doubt that those connections eventually got him the Ole Miss job.

sandwolf
01-15-2018, 12:04 AM
Wouldn't bother me. As a grown man, I try to do my job in a manner where ass chewings don't happen. But if I deserve one, then I'm man enough to take it.

I am with you on this. But a lot of times, Saban seems to do it when it isn't deserved, just to send a message to his team or something....and if I were the coach that he decided to use as a prop, after putting in God knows how many hours a day and calling a great game, I would have a real problem with that.

Todd4State
01-15-2018, 01:20 AM
I am with you on this. But a lot of times, Saban seems to do it when it isn't deserved, just to send a message to his team or something....and if I were the coach that he decided to use as a prop, after putting in God knows how many hours a day and calling a great game, I would have a real problem with that.

I would guess that the coaches are in on it a lot of times. I know Bill Walsh told his assistants that if the players weren't doing something right in a practice or game he was going to chew the assistant coaches out because he felt like it was more effective because the players didn't want to let their position coach down.

Saban is a master at using the media. He would completely abuse Matthew Stevens if he covered Alabama- that would be worth watching. When Saban does that he's sending a message to his team and also at times his fans- it's absolutely briliant to watch if you "get" what he is doing. To most it looks like he is dressing down the media- but it's really not about them at all. Saban vs. the MSU media would be pretty hilarious if he coached us. We would probably have to put a depends dispenser in the bathroom for some of them.

SallyStansbury
01-15-2018, 08:23 AM
More times than not a success is accomplished by minimizing and eliminating your risks for failure, through preparation.

This is a great comment. I agree wholeheartedly.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-15-2018, 08:55 AM

Fair point. But I would be the best offensive coordinator in football, so I would tell him after the game that I will go elsewhere if he wants to pull that stunt. As the best one in football, my options would be wide open, and he would not want me to leave.

BB30
01-15-2018, 10:06 AM

Here is the deal, these coaches don't take these jobs blindly. They know exactly what they are getting into when they take a job somewhere and they know exactly who they are going to work for. Yea, you might get your ass chewed on a few times in the public arena but you will also more than likely leave Bama with other job offers and or a chance to become a HC at a major program if you stick it out. I think a couple of ass chewings is worth a UT or UGA head job.

It's the nature of the beast.

Fader21
01-15-2018, 12:14 PM
You wanna see something funny watch the 30 for 30 on the browns and why they left Cleveland for Baltimore. Belichik was hc and Saban was his dc. It?s funny watching Saban getting chewed on by Belichik.

Is there a place you can watch past 30 for 30s other than YouTube and it?s 5 Min clips

sandwolf
01-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Here is the deal, these coaches don't take these jobs blindly. They know exactly what they are getting into when they take a job somewhere and they know exactly who they are going to work for. Yea, you might get your ass chewed on a few times in the public arena but you will also more than likely leave Bama with other job offers and or a chance to become a HC at a major program if you stick it out. I think a couple of ass chewings is worth a UT or UGA head job.

It's the nature of the beast.

Oh yea, no doubt they know what they’re getting into. And to be clear, while I might have a problem with it, Saban could bend me over his knee and give me a spanking on the sideline for the kind of money that they pay their coordinators.

Commercecomet24
01-15-2018, 02:30 PM
Is there a place you can watch past 30 for 30s other than YouTube and it?s 5 Min clips

Good question. You might try watchespn, they may have in the archives. I know comcast offers some of the 30 for 30's on demand and they're free, other than that I don't know.

Turfdawg67
01-15-2018, 07:13 PM

That?s an angle I hadn?t thought of... I?d LOVE to see that happen!! Hugh crying and/or pissing his pants when Satan?s blood red face is letting him have it for running the bubble screen for the 10th consecutive time. Sign me up!

Tripp McNeely
01-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Just got this text from a Bammer buddy who would know...Tusk please confirm...

“Freeze is with Saban right now in our complex”

msstate7
01-15-2018, 08:18 PM

?Freeze is with Saban right now in our complex?

I do not doubt that at all; but I think it would be an offensive consultant or whatever, not OC

TUSK
01-15-2018, 08:30 PM

?Freeze is with Saban right now in our complex?

I'll dig around... It wouldn't shock me greatly...

I think it'd be a lil soon to give him an OC gig, but if MDL feels like his input would help, I'll defer to him...

Also, there's prolly some lonely chicks now... since Joey Freshwater completed his re-hab and moved on......

edit: Bammer Co-OC/WR Coach Locksley will be the OC at Bammer or FSU... per some folks.

msstate7
01-15-2018, 08:34 PM

I think it'd be a lil soon to give him an OC gig, but if MDL feels like his input would help, I'll defer to him...

Also, there's prolly some lonely chicks now... since Joey Freshwater completed his re-hab and moved on......

Lane did not buy his

TUSK
01-15-2018, 08:35 PM
Lane did not buy his

Lane didn't hafta buy em....

bamadog
01-15-2018, 08:50 PM

edit: Bammer Co-OC/WR Coach Locksley will be the OC at Bammer or FSU... per some folks.

It?s true.

?Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was in Tuscaloosa today and was in the football building, The Tuscaloosa News has learned. Saban has always had a healthy respect for Freeze, who gave Alabama fits with his offense. Freeze was given a head coach restriction and two-game suspension but only if he were to become a head coach. He would face no restrictions as an assistant coach?

TUSK
01-15-2018, 09:28 PM
our boy Clay Travis says Hugh interviewed for the OC position....