PDA

View Full Version : Weather Dawgs -- what should we expect

Mimi's Babies
01-14-2018, 11:59 AM
What should we expect for Monday night into Tuesday concerning the weather in Dawg Country? Thanks.

parabrave
01-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Is that Dawg country south north east coast? Dawg country is pretty big. But Tues night probably pretty cold if the past indicators hold true.

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Latest thinking is a burst of snow will move from NW to SE starting late Monday night. Heaviest accumulations look to be over the Delta. I?d guess 1-3?. Chance it could be a little more if the front can ring out the moisture effectively.

Mimi's Babies
01-14-2018, 01:00 PM
Is that Dawg country south north east coast? Dawg country is pretty big. But Tues night probably pretty cold if the past indicators hold true.

Starkville is 5 miles to my West.

Mimi's Babies
01-14-2018, 01:01 PM
Latest thinking is a burst of snow will move from NW to SE starting late Monday night. Heaviest accumulations look to be over the Delta. I?d guess 1-3?. Chance it could be a little more if the front can ring out the moisture effectively.

Looks like we will go to school on Tuesday...
.. Thanks Vegas..

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Looks like we will go to school on Tuesday...
.. Thanks Vegas..

I?d be planning on it as it looks now. Just keep in mind that temps will plummet after the front passes so whatever falls is not going anywhere.

Mimi's Babies
01-14-2018, 01:33 PM
I?d be planning on it as it looks now. Just keep in mind that temps will plummet after the front passes so whatever falls is not going anywhere.

Leaving for work before 7 is not fun... I do not like Ice.

RocketDawg
01-14-2018, 01:47 PM

Do they clear the roads there at all?

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2018, 01:50 PM

I feel your pain. I leave at 6:00am for work.

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2018, 01:52 PM
Do they clear the roads there at all?

Some, but not to a huge degree. The major highways they may try to plow or put sand down on bridges, but everything else is left up to the sun.

Mimi's Babies
01-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Snowing In Starkville

RocketDawg
01-14-2018, 06:55 PM
Snowing In Starkville

I just looked at the radar and you're just on the edge. It's quite a bit heavier to your south, and the area of snow is pretty big. There's more coming into Memphis from the NW now too.

Actually, just looked at temps and it's a lot warmer in the heavier area south of you. It's reporting as still being snow, but is as high as 40-41 degrees. The snow might cool the air as it melts though, but down there it's probably not accumulating yet, if ever.

parabrave
01-14-2018, 06:55 PM
Snowing In Starkville

Just checked the Radar Looks like you are in for some more tonite

TimberBeast
01-14-2018, 11:39 PM
High of 40 Wednesday on the coast, that damn global warming is going to kill us all.

shoeless joe
01-15-2018, 09:18 AM
High of 40 Wednesday on the coast, that damn global warming is going to kill us all.

Don't U know that colder temps are a sure sign of global warmings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gravedigger
01-15-2018, 11:29 AM

You understand global warming to mean winter temperatures will be higher?

RougeDawg
01-15-2018, 11:33 AM

Pretty sure he?s being sarcastic.

One thing I?ve heard is much less solar activity hitting the earth this year. Summer was mild and winter colder. Most of our weather is impacted by solar radiation hitting earth. More solar flares hitting = warmer temps. Most people forget that our climate is controlled by the sun and its activity.

parabrave
01-15-2018, 11:44 AM

One thing I?ve heard is much less solar activity hitting the earth this year. Summer was mild and winter colder. Most of our weather is impacted by solar radiation hitting earth. More solar flares hitting = warmer temps. Most people forget that our climate is controlled by the sun and its activity.

Al Gore and his followers are going to ruin you for stating this, Heathen.****

DownwardDawg
01-15-2018, 11:45 AM

The only thing we know is that the goal posts keep moving.

MSUDeltadawg1971
01-15-2018, 11:46 AM
I’ve got to go to Little Rock today from Brandon and come home Wednesday. What are my chance of getting stuck there?

starkvegasdawg
01-15-2018, 11:58 AM
I’ve got to go to Little Rock today from Brandon and come home Wednesday. What are my chance of getting stuck there?

Little Rock may miss most of it, but you?ll be driving through the worst area as of looks now. I?d put the corridor of the worst area right now to be from Greenwood to Pine Bluff five or take.

MSUDeltadawg1971
01-15-2018, 12:00 PM
Little Rock may miss most of it, but you?ll be driving through the worst area as of looks now. I?d put the corridor of the worst area right now to be from Greenwood to Pine Bluff five or take.

Thanks, may have to see if i can reschedule.

RocketDawg
01-15-2018, 12:44 PM

Summer certainly wasn't mild here. :) Well above normal, and the norm has been increasing for several decades. The winter so far has been slightly colder than normal, but the winter normal has also been increasing so this winter has been warmer than the norm was 20-30 years ago.

notsofarawaydawg
01-15-2018, 03:03 PM
MSU and the W classes cancelled for Tuesday.

iPat09
01-15-2018, 03:09 PM
West Point schools closed as well.

starkvegasdawg
01-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Winter storm watch changed to winter weather advisory for golden triangle area.

Mimi's Babies
01-15-2018, 05:45 PM
Thanks Vegas Dawg.

shoeless joe
01-15-2018, 06:52 PM
Winter storm watch changed to winter weather advisory for golden triangle area.

Which is "worse".

Changing to advisory makes it sound not as bad

RocketDawg
01-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Which is "worse".

Changing to advisory makes it sound not as bad

A warning is worse than an advisory. I don't know what it is in Mississippi, but here it's an Advisory for 2 inches or less, and a Warning is for 2 inches in 12 hours or 4 inches in 24 hours.

More northern locations a warning is 4 inches or more, or in the snow belt 6 inches or more. Anything less is an Advisory.

Turfdawg67
01-15-2018, 07:16 PM
The only thing we know is that the goal posts keep moving.

Yep... 80 degrees on Christmas Day = crickets.