PDA

View Full Version : Taveze and PJ

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Paul Jones just relayed info that Taveze Calhoun and PJ Jones are 100% ready to go for LSU. Taveze practiced yesterday and today and is wearing a boot and PJ is wearing a boot for precautionary reasons, but will be ready to go.

Thank goodness for a week off!!!

Coach34
10-01-2013, 08:25 PM
great news

Love and Calhoun at CB make our Secondary alot better...Cox is talented and plays well at times- but jucos gonna juco in year 1

engie
10-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Tremendous, GREAT news.

I feel alot better about our secondary with Taveze out there...

Homedawg
10-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Tremendous, GREAT news.

I feel alot better about our secondary with Taveze out there...

I agree. He's been very solid. Especially against the short stuff, slip screens, etc

CadaverDawg
10-01-2013, 09:42 PM
That will be a big help in the secondary. As much as I like Jiles and think he will be a bad ass before he graduates, he has been picked on a little bit so far. It will be good to have some depth and allow him to come in as a fresh CB instead of being responsible for locking down one of those talented WR's as a freshman with no depth behind him.

Any news on Dee Arrington? I heard he was banged up, but not sure how bad. Nickoe worries me in this game the way he has looked. As bad as it pains me to say this, because I'm a big Nickoe fan, we are going to need to see less and less Whitley and have someone else step up in that spot if we are going to upset one of the big boys IMO

msstate7
10-01-2013, 09:48 PM
That will be a big help in the secondary. As much as I like Jiles and think he will be a bad ass before he graduates, he has been picked on a little bit so far. It will be good to have some depth and allow him to come in as a fresh CB instead of being responsible for locking down one of those talented WR's as a freshman with no depth behind him.

Any news on Dee Arrington? I heard he was banged up, but not sure how bad. Nickoe worries me in this game the way he has looked. As bad as it pains me to say this, because I'm a big Nickoe fan, we are going to need to see less and less Whitley and have someone else step up in that spot if we are going to upset one of the big boys IMO

I agree about Nickoe. He just isn't the same player post-injury. I really hope he isn't relied upon to cover lsu wr's Saturday night. If he does, he'll be picked on unmercifully IMO

engie
10-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Agreed Cadaver.

I think we come out how we did against OK State -- where it's primarily Arrington at FS(if he's healthy) over Whitley. Let's face the facts -- when each has played, Arrington has been a MUCH more effective player thusfar this year...but Dee hasn't played since Alcorn at all...

The good thing is that our linebackers are WAY better in coverage this year. Amazing what happens when you let Skinner stuff the run and don't put him on slot receivers -- and instead put Wells out there. That said, Mett gave us trouble with some perfect passes last year. As long as we don't go PREVENT -- EVER -- AT ALL -- we should be OK.

I'm still seething about the score we gave up just before halftime last year.

Coach34
10-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Arrington is supposed to be good to go also

engie
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Arrington is supposed to be good to go also

I'm falling into the same trap of thinking this will finally be the statement game for us... especially defensively...

msstate7
10-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm falling into the same trap of thinking this will finally be the statement game for us... especially defensively...

Got to have Autry, smith, jones x2, and the rest of our dl play well. If we can get after ZM without blitzing I like our chances.

ShotgunDawg
10-01-2013, 10:49 PM

We have to win though. There are no moral victories for MSU. Unlike the OM, the media doesn't allow us to have moral victories. If we lose by 3 on a last second field goal, here would be the headlines:

1. "LSU breezes past Bulldogs"

2. "LSU escapes Starkville"

3. "Tigers grind out victory"

4. "Emotionally drained LSU doesn't allow Georgia to beat them twice"

5. "LSU pulls away in 4th to continue title quest."

See, we have to win. On the other hand, if OM loses a close one, the headlines are completely the opposite. What we have to realize is that none of this is about us unless we win.

NO MORAL VICTORIES!!!!