PDA

View Full Version : Its time

BuckyIsAB****
01-10-2018, 08:42 PM
Its time to torch the barn and kill the rats as Bear Bryant would say. Our mens basketball program needs a junction trip so bad.

Where are the excuse makers now? UF is the worst defensive team in the SEC and we are dumbfounded.

Those goalposts sure are moving fast

Political Hack
01-10-2018, 08:49 PM
It’s hard to get excited.

Skydawg1
01-10-2018, 08:52 PM
I cannot believe how terrible we are right now. Stricklin absolute destroyed our program. I hope those 2 dipshits hollering on the air all night make the trip to Starkville this year.

BuckyIsAB****
01-10-2018, 08:56 PM
I cannot believe how terrible we are right now. Stricklin absolute destroyed our program. I hope those 2 dipshits hollering on the air all night make the trip to Starkville this year.

Im gonna find them

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Anyone talking about make the Tournament this year was getting way too ahead of themselves. We're still one of the 10 youngest teams in the nation, I believe, and that cannot be overlooked. To make it a little worse, Holman and Q would be the two you'd expect to step up and lead the team being the two guys that have been here for 3 years, but they simply don't have that kind of personality.

That being said, I'm alarmed by the regression of Peters and everyone's sudden inability to shoot 3s and FTs.

whosyourdawgy
01-10-2018, 09:19 PM
We have players that were really talented coming out if high school. We have 4 guards that should be able to run an offense and hit open shots. We don’t run offensive sets worth a damn and play one on one basketball or fire up 3’s. Talk about the players all you want but our coaches have to be the ones responsible for the atrocious offense this team is running right now

Liverpooldawg
01-10-2018, 09:21 PM
We have players that were really talented coming out if high school. We have 4 guards that should be able to run an offense and hit open shots. We don’t run offensive sets worth a damn and play one on one basketball or fire up 3’s. Talk about the players all you want but our coaches have to be the ones responsible for the atrocious offense this team is running right now

Exactly.

Cooterpoot
01-10-2018, 09:26 PM
The players on this team get worse every year. Our coaching is a damn joke.

msugolf
01-10-2018, 09:28 PM
What's really depressing is it won't be any better next year. Even with the class coming in, they are good but not the kind of freshmen that can make a team jump up a level. Heck every other SEC team is recruiting about at the same level or better now anyways. I also expect some turnover after this year, which should probably happen honestly but then you're talking about being young again with holes in the roster. Its just a repeating cycle of shit.

HoopsDawg
01-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Howland stressed all week to move the ball and to take better shots. They get in the game and they just can't do it. We can't continue to play Peters, Carter and Wright. One of those guys has to be benched.

HoopsDawg
01-10-2018, 09:31 PM
What's really depressing is it won't be any better next year. Even with the class coming in, they are good but not the kind of freshmen that can make a team jump up a level. Heck every other SEC team is recruiting about at the same level or better now anyways. I also expect some turnover after this year, which should probably happen honestly but then you're talking about being young again with holes in the roster. Its just a repeating cycle of shit.

We desperately need a Juco or a grad transfer. UF got Egor, Ole Miss got Stefon Moody. Howland needs to use his connections and find one.

Political Hack
01-10-2018, 09:36 PM
We desperately need a Juco or a grad transfer. UF got Egor, Ole Miss got Stefon Moody. Howland needs to use his connections and find one.

We could use 2-3 of them. Dante Jones please.

Coach34
01-10-2018, 09:44 PM
Anyone talking about make the Tournament this year was getting way too ahead of themselves. We're still one of the 10 youngest teams in the nation, I believe, and that cannot be overlooked. To make it a little worse, Holman and Q would be the two you'd expect to step up and lead the team being the two guys that have been here for 3 years, but they simply don't have that kind of personality.

That being said, I'm alarmed by the regression of Peters and everyone's sudden inability to shoot 3s and FTs.

exactly

Our problem is that we have no post game out of Holman/Adu
Our 2nd problem is that we have no inside post game- and our Guards are not shooting it from 3 at all. The regression from Peters, Q, and Carter is mind-googling

You cant struggle inside and shoot the ball badly from 3. We have to fix one of these

DogsofAnarchy
01-10-2018, 10:01 PM
All of you guys are generally reasonable. Y’all know it takes a lot to build a basketball team. The main thing is continuity among players which CBH has not had. You are not going to get a better recruiter. So you might as well shut the hell up with your bitching and support the team until Coach gets it fixed. The team is young and they need uplifting more than your WIN NOW or else mentality. Y’all know it’s the truth, find some patience and we will be rewarded soon. Get in a damn big hurry and this may take 5 more years.

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2018, 10:04 PM
All of you guys are generally reasonable. Y’all know it takes a lot to build a basketball team. The main thing is continuity among players which CBH has not had. You are not going to get a better recruiter. So you might as well shut the hell up with your bitching and support the team until Coach gets it fixed. The team is young and they need uplifting more than your WIN NOW or else mentality. Y’all know it’s the truth, find some patience and we will be rewarded soon. Get in a damn big hurry and this may take 5 more years.

Football and baseball are going to be good so might as well give Howland time to see if he can get it fixed.

DogsofAnarchy
01-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Football and baseball are going to be good so might as well give Howland time to see if he can get it fixed.

Reasonable man. Thanks for the true support. Go Dawgs!!

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Reasonable man. Thanks for the true support. Go Dawgs!!

I hit 40 and realized that sports doesn't have that big of an impact on my actual life. I might get mad during a game but within a couple of hours after then it doesn't really matter, except for the damn Egg Bowl. I hope the guy who broke Fitz's leg gets dick cancer.

MetEdDawg
01-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Lamar Peters is bad. Like he’s not good at basketball right now. 1-6 from the field with 3 points in 25 minutes of game play. That’s horrible from the guy people said would get drafted after this year.

He is the main reason we stink offensively. He takes bad shots and turns it over too much (he had more turnovers than points scored tonight). Because of his severe regression we aren’t maximizing our potential. He was the PG and he’s basically an empty hole at this juncture.

whosyourdawgy
01-10-2018, 10:21 PM

I don’t agree with this at all. What we need is inside presence. Someone who can score in the paint. We’ve got a 5 Star coming in that will be just that. We have Woodard coming in that should be a 5 Star that is a 6’6 physical 3. And a 6’6 2 that can fill it up. Stapleton can go. Ado will be better. We need our young guards to get their shit together and not just Lamar. Every damn one of them needs to get out of their damn shooting funk. And Howland needs to hammer their asses until they can run offensive sets and get actual open shots instead of whatever the hell we are doing now

RougeDawg
01-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Lamar Peters is bad. Like he?s not good at basketball right now. 1-6 from the field with 3 points in 25 minutes of game play. That?s horrible from the guy people said would get drafted after this year.

He is the main reason we stink offensively. He takes bad shots and turns it over too much (he had more turnovers than points scored tonight). Because of his severe regression we aren?t maximizing our potential. He was the PG and he?s basically an empty hole at this juncture.

Pretty sure he had as many turnover as shot attempts.

DogsofAnarchy
01-10-2018, 10:30 PM
I hit 40 and realized that sports doesn't have that big of an impact on my actual life. I might get mad during a game but within a couple of hours after then it doesn't really matter, except for the damn Egg Bowl. I hope the guy who broke Fitz's leg gets dick cancer.

I agree 100%. We will be good again soon and we are doing great in most of our other sports. Now, for this leg breaker here. What do we do with this guy? May the fleas of a thousand sand camels invade his pubes!!

BuckyIsAB****
01-10-2018, 10:33 PM

Im not saying we have to win the natty, Im not saying we have to even go far in the tourney but for the love of God be decent. Just be competitive. We aint.

This has been going on for almost a decade.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-10-2018, 11:17 PM
I don't know if I have anything positive to say. Rick Ray and Stricklin destroyed this program. Pearl stepped into an absolute travesty similar to Howland and he is doing well finally in year 4. This is a bummer.

KentuckyDawg13
01-11-2018, 08:02 AM
Yes, in YEAR 4. We have seen glimpses of improvement, until Lamar self-destructed and is taking the team with him. Next season we get a 5 star PF and two really good SFs, along with a possible post player that we are recruiting now.

This offseason, we will see a house cleaning too. Bad attitudes be gone!

I don't know if I have anything positive to say. Rick Ray and Stricklin destroyed this program. Pearl stepped into an absolute travesty similar to Howland and he is doing well finally in year 4. This is a bummer.

MetEdDawg
01-11-2018, 09:17 AM
I'm torn. I think in year 3 we are definitely better than we were in Years 1 and 2. One more win and we equal the total from 2 years ago and 3 more wins equals the total from last year. So we are probably on pace to get 18 or so wins with a very young team. So I think next year we should be expecting to really elevate ourselves because we don't lose anyone and we gain a ton from the recruiting class.

But I still think we should be better offensively this year than we are. We've scored 65 or less in 6 out of 16 games. That's horrible and can't happen in year 3 with this talent. And we do have talent. Nick, Q, Peters, Ado, Holman, Carter, and Wright are a talented group of kids. But they are not maximizing their potential right now.

msstate7
01-11-2018, 09:46 AM
I'm torn. I think in year 3 we are definitely better than we were in Years 1 and 2. One more win and we equal the total from 2 years ago and 3 more wins equals the total from last year. So we are probably on pace to get 18 or so wins with a very young team. So I think next year we should be expecting to really elevate ourselves because we don't lose anyone and we gain a ton from the recruiting class.

But I still think we should be better offensively this year than we are. We've scored 65 or less in 6 out of 16 games. That's horrible and can't happen in year 3 with this talent. And we do have talent. Nick, Q, Peters, Ado, Holman, Carter, and Wright are a talented group of kids. But they are not maximizing their potential right now.

Perhaps we have been recruiting star watching a little too much. If you had no idea what our players were rated out of HS, would you guess pretty much all were 4-stars?

Liverpooldawg
01-11-2018, 09:49 AM
Perhaps we have been recruiting star watching a little too much. If you had no idea what our players were rated out of HS, would you guess pretty much all were 4-stars?

EXACTLY. I make it a rule NEVER to get excited about a recruit, especially in basketball, till I see him in real NCAA competition.

GreenheadDawg
01-11-2018, 09:53 AM

Couldn?t have said it better myself. Spot on

Ari Gold
01-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Q’s production is down a little because he is having to play the point too much. And he is still shooting over 50% from the field. That’s on Lamar . He gets right . Q plays less minutes at the 1. Hopefully Nick starts to get a little more run at the point .

And with our rotation. What is everyone freaking the **** out about. We basically play 9 guys
The Starting 5 with Peters and X
With Eli and Datcher some. And Datcher might be giving us 8 -10minutes per game .
It’s not like we run 12 guys out there.

And right now outside of Ado, Q, Nick and Holman it doesn’t matter who that 5th guy is.

CarolinaDawgs
01-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Q’s production is down a little because he is having to play the point too much. And he is still shooting over 50% from the field. That’s on Lamar . He gets right . Q plays less minutes at the 1. .

I completely agree. The Lamar suspension really screwed up the mojo and gel of the team IMO.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Q’s production is down a little because he is having to play the point too much. And he is still shooting over 50% from the field. That’s on Lamar . He gets right . Q plays less minutes at the 1. Hopefully Nick starts to get a little more run at the point .

And with our rotation. What is everyone freaking the **** out about. We basically play 9 guys
The Starting 5 with Peters and X
With Eli and Datcher some. And Datcher might be giving us 8 -10minutes per game .
It’s not like we run 12 guys out there.

And right now outside of Ado, Q, Nick and Holman it doesn’t matter who that 5th guy is.

I don't claim to be an expert but this comment rings the truest to me. Datcher literally has to play because he's the only other F on the team that's competent, but he's not good enough to be relied upon like we are. We've discussed Peters- he's a head case and is playing terribly. Eli sucks and I just don't think he'll ever be better than mediocre. Carter can be good but he needs to get back in the aggressive mindset he had early in the year. Right now he's too tentative to be of any use unless the D leaves him wide open. X at least play hard and can help more with rebounds, but he makes dumb plays, and thinks he's better than he is. All of them have something wrong with their shot, which can't be a coincidence at this point- Howland screwed up their shots

However, people are freaking out too much- Keyshon and Datcher both have the potential to turn into solid backups. Peters and Carter have the potential to be really good. We have 2 small forwards committed and either one could be really good and knock X out of the 3. We have a 5* PF that should immediately add scoring and depth to the frontcourt. This will allow Ado to be aggressive on D and physical on O, and he is such a hard worker with a good head that there's no way he won't get better in the offseason.

That would mean Nick and Q as the best guard combo in the conference, with a good backup if Carter or Peters can get their heads right. 3 should be solved with the new guys. 4 and 5 will be much better between improvement from the returnees, added depth meaning they can play aggressively, and the new PF. Play Q, Nick, and 1 backup at guard, with the best newcomer at 3, Holman/Perry at 4, an improved Ado and Datcher at 5, and this team will be SO much better than they are now. Right now, like Ari says, we play 5 guys that aren't able to contribute